(Close Window)
Topic: Mystic Marlow speaks...
Message: Posted by: The Curator of the Unusual (Jul 31, 2009 01:37AM)
http://www.theage.com.au/world/coney-islandx2019s-odd-bods-not-amused-by-revamp-plan-20090730-e2yr.html
I remember what happened to Playland at the Beach in SF...it was razed to make room for fancy condos that sat vacant for years.. I remember the diving bell as a kid. I honestly thought I was under the ocean, fathoms deep seeing all sorts of fantastic creatures. Oh to be so young and innocent!
Google Playland NOT at the Beach. Beautiful stuff afdoot. A must see and visit.
Would everyone please relax about Coney Island? I have a good friend that has come their to save it. Everything is fine.
Playland Not at the Beach is a great place to visit. It's not the original, but that's beside the point. It was designed to showcase some of the old pieces, and succeeds brilliantly.
Also showcases Circus brilliantly. The creator is a bazillionair genius, the kindest person I know and did I mention a genius?

What kind of a guy is Richard? He came upon a Circus in dire straights and really struggling. So he bought it! And then put up the entire cast and crew in his house till they could re-mount the show.

You have GOT to put this place on your schedule for a visit.
Ha! Good ol El Cerrito. Have booked marked the site. Haven't been in that area since '71....