(Close Window)
Topic: Torn & Restored "WORD"
Greetings to all!
Years ago, I saw an effect where a strip of paper with a word printed upon it was torn and restored into a different word, and also torn and restored into the original word. Does anyone remember the name of that effect? I believe it was once sold by Hank Lee's Magic Factory. This was back in the '80's. I would really appreciate any feedback on the name of the effect, and possibly where it could be found these days.
If I'm not mistaken, I think it was used on one of Copperfield's early specials.

Peace, Love, & Magic!
A very creative version was in Flip Hallema's lecture notes circa 1974. The premise was tearing a piece of paper with the words "we'll- do- it" printed upon it. tearing it into 4 pieces, Flip has amusing comments about each word or word fragment. When restore it ends printed "Well Done"
Like everything Flip creates , it employs clever word play, and fresh ideas.I recommend it.
Thanks for the info. Is there somewhere I can purchase the Flip Hallema lecure notes?
I would search in the for sale section of this forum (when you have sufficient posts). Perhaps one of the readers of this thread will have them to sell.
"Fresh Fish Sold Here Today" is the older version. Still available from Abbott's I believe.