(Close Window)
Topic: Sylvester The Jester's - Lil Wonder Pocket Volcano
Coming Soon from Sylvester The Jester

"Thick, Clean, Non-Toxic Smoke From Anywhere"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g6vS-YRG3Q

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/sgkdbm.jpg[/IMG]
Did anyone see this demo'd at Magic Live? I think it was in the Kevin James booth?
Looks good. The next obvious question is... does it smell?
I own one.. and it's teh best smoke generator EVER.

it's small.. (it will easily fit under a jacket.. but not up your sleeve...) and the best part is that you can either make a puff.. OR A SUSTAINED PLUME of smoke.

It doesn't smell. it's battery powered... and it operates on regular and easily available fog juice!! NOT a chemical mix!!

The YOUTUBE video doesn't do this justice.. it's a gREAT little smoke machine.. lightweight.. fairly low maintenance..

I can't say enough nice things about it.. Dan makes each one by hand.. they take a long time.. and the price is reasonable for the amount of work that goes into it!!
How much noise does it make?
How much is it and where can I get one? I am always looking for mini smoke generators for my puppets
No noise at all! The thing is genius!
Anyone know when will this be available and where I can get one?
Thanks!
How much is it?
Any info on the availability?
Just put a message on the other thread about smoke products buri suppose this would be the right one to post in! Availability and sellers info yet?

Daz
Look at these tiny foggers: http://looksolutionsusa.com/minifogmachines.shtml
Are these the ones?
I don't think so Lou.
I have 2 of the Rosco mini fogger and they are great.The fogger is tiny but the battery is not small!
Anyone know when it'll be released or who I can email to?
Maybe makeupguy can chime in here and advise or pm?
I am so looking forward to this!
Lou I had a tiny fogger - aaaand sold it - much too heavy and very big battery pack!!!http://www.yopi.de/Look_Tiny_Fogger_Mini_Nebelmaschine#
I am interested ni this Jester`s ; )
Best,
T
Message: Posted by: Sylvester the Jester (Oct 20, 2009 01:09AM)
I put this same message at the "up in smoke thread". I hope that's not improper,
Hey there people,
Thank you for your interest!

Currently, I am only selling what we call beta versions. These are sold at a reduced rate. In exchange I hope to gain some vital feedback from the users which I hope will aid in either design usage or advertising. These units are $400.00 plus shipping. It would be helpful if you have skype so if there are any questions or problems I can see what's going on from my end. I have several units now that are in a semi finished state and at least 5 units that are complete. During this time if anything goes wrong you have the choice of either sending it back for repair or refund. We have an instructional DVD but I am not really happy with it. I am working on a little comic book style instruction manual. In the meantime I can show you how it works through skype

Any questions you have I would be happy to answer.

What I can tell you is that it makes smoke by means of Propylene Glycol (fog fluid). It uses an ordinary 9.6 volt rechargable RC car battery, the type they sell at Radio shack. It can make small puffs of smoke or a continuous cloud of smoke. It has no motor to make noise and can be refilled in in one minute. I have been using mine for smoke from the ears since June and have found it to be superior to any other method.

Here are some of the response from one of the Beta users. Magician Simon Winthrop

1. I love it now! FYI I just tested how many 1-2 second blasts I can do before running out of the battery or smoke juice and I am at 100 and have stopped counting.
2. AMAZINGLY easy and fun to refill the canisters now-you are brilliant! Genius!
3. Great-every magician I have showed it to has stood there in awe-seriously, there mouth open like
where did you get this!
4. IM LOVING MY POCKET VOLCANO

In any event. If you have skype I can show you the Lil' wonder and what it can do and you can see if its something you'd
be interested in using.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Sincerely,

Daniel Sylvester
From what I have seen of the device, that price is a STEAL. This is a professionally made item from top to bottom.
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Dec 14, 2009 03:56PM)
I'd love to see Sylvestet put out more of his cartoony creations. I'd love to pick up one of these as there's just so many possibilities for using it.

Jeff
[quote]
On 2009-12-14 16:56, The Great Smartini wrote:
I'd love to see Sylvestet put out more of his cartoony creations. I'd love to pick up one of these as there's just so many possibilities for using it.

Jeff
[/quote]

He won't be putting out the "cartoony" creations from his act any time soon. He says that it will be awhile before he sells off his act.
Did anyone ever get this?

Mike
I would like to know if anyone got it also. I almost bought one. I talked to him and skype and he showed it to me using the video part of skype and it looked very good and produced a lot of smoke.
I will sell mine for 400 bucks plus shipping.
Best T
I can MORE than attest to the coolness, practicality, and durability of these.

The price is a STEAL for what it does..

To compare ANY of the other smokers to Dan Sylvester's would be like comparing an electronic cigarette to a Dan's is just silly. Meaning that the electronic cig foggers (and there are now 3-4 of them on the market) offer a puff... and the Lil Wonder Pocket Volcano can do a puff.. AND a CLOUD and a well... a VOLCANO!

Take THAT you little tiny PUFF!!
[quote]
On 2011-08-22 14:13, makeupguy wrote:
I can MORE than attest to the coolness, practicality, and durability of these.

The price is a STEAL for what it does..

To compare ANY of the other smokers to Dan Sylvester's would be like comparing an electronic cigarette to a Dan's is just silly. Meaning that the electronic cig foggers (and there are now 3-4 of them on the market) offer a puff... and the Lil Wonder Pocket Volcano can do a puff.. AND a CLOUD and a well... a VOLCANO!

Take THAT you little tiny PUFF!!
[/quote]

Agree 100%! I was actually developing a device similar to the Pure Smoke coming out from Ellusionist, but abandoned this when I discovered how much better Dan's Pocket Volcano is. (He also abandoned the e-cig-conversion approach and builds his atomizers by hand.)

- Frank
Hi,

I contacted Dan Sylvester to purchase His Volcano device. He will be back around february 3rd or 4th, so I will wait until next week.
In the mean time, could someone having the device could communicate me the size of it ?
The purpose is to incorporate it inside a stage setting which is under construction...

Thank you very much !
(Answer by PM if you prefer)

Regards,

Lawrens
Just got this a few days ago. I was able to find the materials needed (battery and charger and d*****). It does produce a cloud of thick smoke. It is worth the price for me. I'm sure this must have gone through a lot of research and development before Dan decided to market this effect. I was a bit scared in the beginning due to the flammable something that you have to use with it.
I am thinking more how to include this for my stage act without wearing it. It is not that bulky and can be attached and hidden on a prop.
In the meantime, I am still experimenting and playing with it.
Anyone here, using this on their props?
I took a video of my 5 year old son performing this to see if it looks good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mySfskxbQcg
Nice cloud of smoke !
Wow is a lot the smoke
Must you wear a jacket or will a long sleeve shirt work?
Mine is in the mail. Can't wait.
This looks incredible cool and useful, I'll have to get one soon!

In the meantime I've been enjoying my Wizard Stick (http://www.zerotoys.com/product-p/wizstick.htm). Not nearly as useful as the Jester's version, but is still a good effect and for $25 it's tough to go wrong.
How many 3-5 second puffs will this do roughly? How quickly can the battery be swapped over and fog liquid topped up?

Is there any dealers in the UK stocking them?

Thanks for your help! Looks like a fantastic fogger!

Neil.
Is there a wireless remote control?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Neil.
Can someone please give me the heads up whether or not this device uses a hose / tubing to channel the smoke? And if so, what's the diameter?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Neil.
Is this still a viable gimmick in 2019 or is it bulkier than it needs to be compared to what some are doing in the sub ohm cloud chasing world?

Are there any devices out there now that are more compact but make as much vapor in 2019?