(Close Window)
Topic: Water damaged Shadow Tent
Message: Posted by: Christopher Starr (Aug 22, 2009 10:22PM)
Yikes! My basement flooded and the Shadow Tent got wet and dried. Now, the beautiful white nylon is water stained. Anybody have any recommendations on cleaning this? Can the stain be removed? I already asked Brian at Creative Magic, and they had no good suggestions. :bawl:
Take them in to a local dry cleaner and ask for advice. If that doesn't work, you might get a cheap light colored (white may not be available) nylon laundry bag from a Dollar Store or Wal Mart and measure it in the store to see if it is large enough to use as a replacement. If it is, that may be your best solution. Who says the tent has to be black and white anyway?
Try soaking it in Oxy-Clean. That has worked for me countless times!
There is a product called Iron out or Rust out. It might clean it out. I know we used to recommend that to housewife who did not heed our warning for discolored water during hydrant flushing. I would think it could help if you can soak the whole unit in it and then rinse it off to dry.

Richard
Go to JoAnn fabrics or another fabric store and by some new nylon.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Starr (Aug 23, 2009 08:23PM)
[quote]
On 2009-08-23 00:33, Spellbinder wrote:
...Who says the tent has to be black and white anyway?
[/quote]

I've never seen a shadow box with any other color than white. ;)

Good suggestions so far. I wonder if OxyClean isn't the way to go...a big bathtub of OxyClean. Toss the dog in there too! :P
You don't need a big bathtub - Just a washing machine tub...
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Aug 23, 2009 09:30PM)
Wait. Now you can theme your tent. It looks like it has been thru some tough camp outs now!!!! w00t w00t. Well good luck on what you do. I second OxyClean too
Instead of trying chemicals try a fabric coloring company. They could give a fresh white color.

Oh and don't forget your house insurance. From their money you could buy a new if you smart enough. :) :) :) (just kidding)

Best,

Las
Message: Posted by: Christopher Starr (Aug 24, 2009 02:02PM)
Where is Billy Mays when I need him... :hmmm: