(Close Window)
Topic: Punch And Judy
Years ago, and I mean YEARS AGO I had a book about Punch and Judy that started off as a P&J show on a sea side in England but, for want of a better word, morphed into a live action playlet. Does this strike a cord with anyone? And if so is the book still available?
I think you're talking about Neil Gaiman's graphic novel, "The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch." Illustrated by David McKean.
[quote]
On 2009-09-02 23:54, Servante wrote:
I think you're talking about Neil Gaiman's graphic novel, "The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch." Illustrated by David McKean.
[/quote]
That's the name! Although I doubt that it was a *graphic* novel when I read it. I'll do a search. Thanks a lot.
I recently heard a comic (wish I could remember who) do a bit in which he tells about going to a seaside resort and viewing a domestic argument. He vividly describes the fight in horrifying detail, describes the attack on the policeman who tries to break it up, and when he says, "And then an alligator came...." you realize he was describing a P&J show.

I was totally, and delightfully fooled.

Bob