(Close Window)
Topic: hardest flourish?
What is the hardest flourish to perform?
A lot of people tell me the cobra is hardest,
but does anyone disagree?
I've got to say split fans and backpalms personally....

Cobra is just balancing, not very hard once you get the balancing part down.
ULMEN Challenge 6 is the most difficult move of all I can say...

Check it out and you will know..

Symmatrix
Oh, I heard that "only a handful of people in the world, can do this flourish." Now I know people SAY a lot of things, but it does look pretty darn hard. Can anyone here do it?

What's the Ulmen Challenge six?
I've seen a guy juggling 5 (yes, 5) cards and after he stopped, he produced a royal flush. :snail:
Hey guys,
Saying the hardest flourish is like saying who is the best player in the NBA or NFL or MLB. It's really anyone's opinion. I can name a lot of flourishes that are difficult to do. Juggling cards is very hard, I never tried it but saw a down load of someone doing it. Some sybils can sometimes be complicating, but for me it's not really. Brian Tudor's Show Off 2 material is pretty hard stuff. The hardest flourish is really opinion more than fact. Just my OPINION. Haha.
Christian
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is that ULMEN Challenge 6? :confused:

Thanks
Here you go cyc,

SIXTH CHALLENGE (Credit to the Handlordz Forum)

The challenger must construct a thirty packet array using two decks.
Any two decks can be used. A packet must consist of at least three cards. There must be at least one quarter inch of space between the non-nexus ends or sides of any two adjacent packets. No stepped or stacked packets allowed. The packets must be completely seperate and visible during the display. Any part of the body may be used to hold or stabilize packets. Use of the ground or table is not permitted. An unlimited amount of packets may be placed on the body in a static position. The array must be generated and then gathered or closed such that all cards of both decks are facing the same way both before and after the cut. There must be a flow, style, or rhythm to both creating and taking down the display.

:bluebikes: :bikes: :bluebikes:
Hmm.... That really doesn't sound very bad, just do it laying down!!! You can use your chest and stomach to put up packets and hold some between your legs too....
I think it's overkill. What's next, build the Statue of Liberty with 2 decks and without touching the ground?
[quote]
On 2003-06-07 09:59, MacGyver wrote:
I gotta say split fans and backpalms personally....

Cobra is just balancing, not very hard once you get the balancing part down
[/quote]

Sorry to say that, but Do you know what a flourish is? Because backpalming is NOT! And besides that, you're saying cobra is not very hard? I bet you wouldn't be able to do it even if they paid you a million. :rotf:
I think Devo will be breaking new grounds with his DVD CTG.

Lee
I think my top 3 are the double lift (that's where, not one, but two cards, are turned over as one)

Any type of cutting the deck scares the **** out of me.

And last but not least, in one word......... cellophane. Opening up the bloody card case. I swear, if I don't have a cup of coffee and am fully stretched out, I pull something every time.

Of course that's just my opinion...... I could be wrong. :genielamp:
You can't lay down in the challenge. lol..

I think that #13 would be the hardest flourish. But as far as cobras go, the 9 packet cobra has to be the hardest cobra.

J
Surely the backpalm IS a flourish. It's a flashy bit of eye candy so I think the back palm is a flourish.

As for hardest? Those pointless 15+ packet cuts where the head and chest are used...it's so OTT.
OTT?

There is only 1 30 packet display in the trials. The rest are other crazy things like shuffling with your feet, and hanging upside down blind-folded arm-spreads.

The original question was about the hardest flourish. The Trials are all about the hardest flourishes. I think that anything over step 8 has got to be extremely tough.

J
The hardest one handed cut, is the cobra, but for flourishes, it's got to be anything in the Ulmen Trials.

Some that come to mind are, the one handed spring, Crossed King Cobras, foot shuffle, 30 packet array, piroett arm spread, and juggling 5 cards.
Ulmen trials are crazy. How can anyone do them?
A life time of practice and dedication.

Lee
No one has completed them to date.

I believe that De'vo has gotten the furthest with step 8. Jerry and De'vo leave in a few weeks to try this year. Wish them good luck.
I am still a little confused on this....

If you notice the steps in the Ulmen, a lot of them have to do with De's work. I believe De and his crew came up with the Ulmen to find the best in the world.

Lee
Sometimes the best don't always come forward.
If someone was skilled enough and KNEW they could complete the trails why wouldn't they come forward? You would be a god in magic and flourishing...

Lee
Ulmen trials have gone on for many years before De was even born. The steps were way too tough though, and last year the Ulmen 4 convened to come up with more accessable challenges. Many of De'vo's moves were based on the trials to begin with.

For example, the Cobra was created to complete the old 3rd step that required you to balance a packet of cards on one finger while completing a cut.

The Ulmen 4 decided to use his cobras instead of the old challenge. The armspreads and foot shuffle has always been in the trials, as well as steps 6-13.

Cradle to Grave has been a requirement for over 20 years, De'vo's Cradle to Grave was created to meet the 8th step challenge as his old cradle to grave never met the requirements.

When De'vo put up vids on Superhandz, many were based on the Trials requirements, as he has dedicated his life to completing them.

Don't get it twisted Lee.

I spent much time researching this, and leave in 2 weeks to give my best shot in the trials with Jerry, De'vo, Yoseph, and Marius Jr.

Wish me luck!
Alright,

I was confused about this and thanks for clearing it up. How long have you been doing flourishes? No offence but, it seems you are batting in the major leagues with a toothpick.

No Offence,

Lee
You could be right, doesn't matter though, I will learn a lifetime of knowledge just being there with De'vo, Jerry and the Ulmen4. Doesn't matter if I even get past the first challenge! I think that this experience will change my life! I'll give a full report upon my return to the U.S.
Cool...

Good Luck,

Lee
[quote]

If someone was skilled enough and KNEW they could complete the trails why wouldn't they come forward? You would be a god in magic and flourishing...

Lee
[/quote]
I don't think you would be a god in magic...sorry.. I've seen awesome flourish guys that can't even do a double lift.
WHO??

Most were pro magicians before converting...
I wish you good luck Mack10 (enjoy the trial) for real men.

Hey, iamslow, you are wrong. This guy fools many magicians. So maybe you are talking about baby handz
Skill
Hey Mack10, wish you all the luck! And I don't think you can, but if you do, can you take some pics? :rainbow:
Sure, I'll try and post them up too. I have a small digital camera. I don't think it will be a problem.
Message: Posted by: Craig Krisulevicz (Jun 26, 2003 11:53AM)
That'd be awesome. Watch out though... if you try and sneak it past the preparing room, they just might kill you...... or just take your camera....
lol, Hack off a hand or two...

Cardjinx :magicrabbit: