(Close Window)
Topic: Spontus360 levitation
Hi,

I found this totally awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbGdpsBF6hQ

genious, if it works as describe...
(remindes me a certain Winston Freer's plot...)

how do you feel ?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Rinaldi (Sep 18, 2009 10:49AM)
Makes me feel tingly all over.

;)
Message: Posted by: SpellbinderEntertainment (Sep 18, 2009 02:55PM)
Though this looks attractive,
I doubt it is as impromptu as it appears.

I also have an aversion to the floating person
being slumped over like a dead fish.

And my personal belief is that a 360 spin,
gives away clues to method due to the need of a pivot-point.

OK, I know I’m tough, but think….
theatrically what should constitute an elegant and enchanting levitation?
What are the elements that would most distract away from any method?

My two-cents,
Walt
[quote]
On 2009-09-18 15:55, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
OK, I know I’m tough, but think….
theatrically what should constitute an elegant and enchanting levitation?
What are the elements that would most distract away from any method?
[/quote]
Personally, I've been thinking for years and years about a levi spinning off from a dance move, say a ballet lift. Slow and graceful. And it could have a story line (like ballet) or not (like, say, Martha Graham).
I love it! I just wish I understood him.
Yes yes yes
I looked at the behind the scenes video on the website..

as for the "spontanaity"... it includes the whole table.. but at least there's no box on the floor.. it packs fiarly small.. (the size of a 1970's suitcase).. and the rotation isn't 360... it's more of a "she has no gravity" turn... not around the body... but on a subtle axis.

The speed of the rise is adjustable... which I LOVE...

It seems to be a small-ish.. exceptoinally transportable levitation..

as for the floating like a dead fish.. if your assistant is in good shape.. I think he/she could stay stiff for a while.. until their abs gave out..
Does anyone know the price?

Bairefoot
It's $6000. (4000 euro)
Hello, I'm new on the magic café. I am also the creator of the Spontus360 levitation.
first : I'm very sorry, I have a bad english, but I will try to explain you many thinks on the lévitation:
What that mean: 360° ? That mean you can présent the levitation completly surrounded (whith spectators just near you, on the right side, the left sie, the back, the top and under. really !
The big interrest of the Spontus 360 is also that you can use a lady randomly chosen in the public.
If you want, you can do a rotation of the assistant during the levitation. It's not 360 ° , but only 30° clockwise and 30° more in the opposite direction. This give a interessant movement.
Is my english god enough ?
Hello, I'm new on the magic café. I am also the creator of the Spontus360 levitation.
first : I'm very sorry, I have a bad english, but I will try to explain you many thinks on the lévitation:
What that mean: 360° ? That mean you can présent the levitation completly surrounded (whith spectators just near you, on the right side, the left sie, the back, the top and under. really !
The big interrest of the Spontus 360 is also that you can use a lady randomly chosen in the public.
If you want, you can do a rotation of the assistant during the levitation. It's not 360 ° , but only 30° clockwise and 30° more in the opposite direction. This give a interessant movement.
Is my english god enough ?
Message: Posted by: Mark Boody Illusionist (Sep 20, 2009 06:01PM)
Good enough.

Great look to the levitation, but how our audience reacts to what we do is more important.

Mark
Yah, that's hard to say from this clip since this audience was obviously rehearsed. It couldn't be performed as spontaneously as was shown. But from what makeupguy shared (thanks Mike!), this has a lot of potential given that it's easily transportable.
[quote]
On 2009-09-20 18:29, spontuscreations wrote:

First: I'm very sorry, I'm Working on my English, but I will try to explain to you many things on the Spontus360 levitation.

What Spontus360 means is that you can present the levitation completely surrounded. Spectators can be near you, on the right side, the left side, and behind you. Spectators can look the top of the table and under the table, too !

The biggest advantage of the Spontus 360 is that you can use a volunteer randomly chosen from the public.

If you want, you can do a rotation of the assistant during the levitation. It's not 360° (around your body), but only 30° clockwise and 30° counter clockwise from a center point. This give the levitation an interesting movement.
[/quote]

Just a little editing in a little more readable English format. And Yes, it is good enough for me to understand and edit.

I am amazed at the workings. Also to answer the Magician question (Magician's Only) section, The Professor is... dai vernon

I just wish I could understand what you are saying, especially when the electronics are being shown.

It looks like something that would work in close quarters such as a Birthday Party, however, $6,000 is a lot of money for a Birthday Party Levitation.
Hello,

Here the translation in english of the inside video :

"I wanted to create a levitation that is the most efficient and the most practical as possible.
I wanted a levitation that could be presented everywhere, in the middle of the audience, which means completly surrounded.
Due to this fact this levitation was necessary that to be extremely silent.

There's no really preparation needed in front of the audience. It's a simple matter of moving a table on casters forward on the stage, a table that you could use aswell as a pedestal table.

There's no restraint of lighting, so you could even present this levitation on the street, if you wanted to.

This levitation is completly independent. There're no strings, no electrical wires.
You can present this illusion until 25 times in a row with an audience member weighty until 100 kg.
The delaying before the levitation is ajustable.
The delaying in mid air is ajustable.
The speed of levitation is ajustable.
The maximum of height is ajustable.
During the stage of levitation you can, if you want to, carry out a rotation of the audience member.
The unit can be put together and dismantle in less than two minutes and is carried in a big suitcase."

Hope this helps.

Oliver.
Hmmmm,
I don't know if is rellay good,
what do you think about la Junior from Yogano?
personally I use this and I think is really good and portable , this one, hmmmmm.......... I will see more!
Thanks for the translation.

Was that the translation of the front video or the password protected "Magician's Only" Video? Password: dai vernon
Dennis,

It's the translation from the password protected "Magician's only" video.
I'll see if the comment on the "offical" video is different and translate it if necessary.

Oliver.
Shouldn´t the password be kept secret? It´s an open forum...
I know the people could also google it, but than at least they have a little bit of work and they maybe learn a bit of the magic history.
There is nothing secret given out in that video. The method is not mentioned, at least not in English.
Even in french no method is given out. He's only talking about the technical aspects of the illusion, which the audience "can" see during the presentation.
The only thing you can see in the video is the inside of the table, which doesn't mean a lot to the layman.

On the other hand I must agree with Joy Joy concerning the password, but even for an amateur in magic the question for the password was kept too simple in my opinion.

Oliver.
I don't know if I would use this in a show, but what a way to close a deal with a client in a restaurant setting. Take plenty of advance, but could be well worth the effort for a high profile gig.
Very nice levitation system. Is there origional website information for sale?
HBOY
It says you could use an audience member to make him / her levitate...

I always wondered if this isn't a little bit too risky ?

Oliver.
[quote]
On 2009-09-23 21:57, hboy wrote:
Very nice levitation system. Is there original website information for sale?
HBOY
[/quote]

http://www.Spontus360.com
[url=http://www.spontus360.com/homeeng.php?page=Accueil&PHPSESSID=33745c72c950ff59f4ac0b06948c579a][b]>For English Click Here<[/b][/url]
It looks like a modified Yogano barstool levitation to me.
Hmmm... seem to be having a problem with the magi-only version of the video. I get a little icon that says, "click here to download plug-in," but nothing happens, even after re-downloading it. Any thoughts?

Never mind. Took care of it. :)
I've seen the illusion in Blackpool and wauw this was cool! I want to buy one but I wonder if anyone did buy it allready and likes the audience reactions on it. I was told its not as dangerous as the yogana chair (there happened some accidents with skin between the gimick and the chair). Or are there bether audience levitations on the market today?
YES!!!,Lou Hilario absolutely agree with you,the same principle,the same method,may with barstool even better!
Yes,

I saw this at Blackpool too, very cool. Unfortunately the guy is so busy to make the deals. I contacted him, but he never contacted back.

Arepsi
I was in contact a lot this gentleman and when I wanted to buy he said to wait he had improvements. However I had difficulty in getting him to respond. So in turn I was fearful due to his non response to send him $6k
Any honest review?
;-)
I can't give you a complete review, since I don't own the effect (not yet, lol), but I saw it in action on stage with an audience member (no stooge) and it looked great and impressif.

Since I worked in the show where they presented the effect, I had a chance to see it backstage nearly in all details. It is sturdy, easy to break down and to build up and it really fits on your backseat of the car.

You even could adapt it to present a Yogano style chair levitation.

The audience reaction in the show was great, and it's for sure a showstopper. So I'm really thinking about buying one. My wife has seen the video on youtube and she was impressed. So this might help in the money negociation...lol

Hope this helps a bit.

Oliver.
Thanks Oliver!
; )
Hi Guys !

Honnestly, what you see is what you get ;)

I think today the Spontus 360 is one of the best Levitation in the world you can use in commando situation.

We will show it in the next French Congress in September and we will be in Blackpool next year.

Soon we will try to put reviews on the website.

See you ;)
Hello and greetings from Finland!

First I noticed this illusion at 2010 and it seemed very compact. Last year, at beginning of 2011 I met Olivier Guernion at Blackpool and I saw this levitation at the booth and it was amazing. I managed to made my second transfer at new year and I received this illusion 13th of January. It's very compact, I usually keep it in one piece, so there's no assembly required. It fits at back of my Verso and now we have had a couple of chances to perform this illusion. All I have to say:

This is one of the very best investments in magic I've made. This is very visual and this can be done in most events, because this is so visual and portable. I can carry it by myself and it's very lightweight. Casters on the table are very good and those help a lot. My colleague compared the noise to Yogano and this is quieter. The music from phone, approx 10-15 % volume will cover the noise of the levitation, so basically there's no noise at all. The programming is very easy and you can use three different speeds.

If you're looking for levitation, I highly recommend Spontus 360, because this is very practical. You'll get what you pay for.

In general, most venues are stages filled with band equipment and monitors at front of the stage. With Spontus there's no issue with visibility, because everybody can see the levitation, because this happens over the table. We also perform Konundrum Kube, which is great illusion, but sometimes there are monitor or flowers on front edge of the stage, which will block view under the KK. Spontus is high enough so people will see the assistant on top of the tabletop.

Sometimes there's no stage and people are at same level, but Spontus is high enough, so it can be seen.

Best regards Aaro Sorva
http://www.aarosorva.com

P.S. There's one pic at front of my webpage slideshow.
P.P.S. Sorry my bad english.
Do you need a jacket to perform this?
Yep, also jeans and socks. T-shirt and button shirt combination is also ok. Don't forget shoes. Just study the principle and then you can use any method to cover up the secret gimmick. Visit http://www.spontus360.com and watch both videos.
I saw this at FISM and loved it. It's definately on my wish list!
Message: Posted by: Magician of the century (Sep 6, 2012 02:53PM)
So do you have to rap the table cloth around your volunteer? Reminds me of the Chair Suspension except Spontus360 looks way more awsome!
Arepsi - nice photo of this on your website. Very impressive looking. This seems to have some advantages over comparable levitations like Gamolo or Simplex, though the latter two are considerable less expensive.
WOW...now THIS is cool! Adding this to my wishlist. :)
The magician only doesn't play for me even with the password

Jim
[quote]
On 2012-12-11 19:59, JamesinLA wrote:
The magician only doesn't play for me even with the password

Jim
[/quote]

I'll PM you to help
This definitely looks like a great illusion, though a quick Google search has shown another store now:

http://www.kapmagic.com/index.php?productID=591

Obviously, there's two rather big price differences when comparing this site (http://www.spontus360.com/homeeng.php?page=Accueil&PHPSESSID=33745c72c950ff59f4ac0b06948c579a) to kapmagic.com's site. Presumably one is an original and the other a knock-off?

Can anyone shed any more light on this illusion? Perhaps give a good, detailed review.

Item description is saying the outfit weighs 90KG, am I reading this right or does it weigh less?

Have you used this levitation in the streets? And if so, how well does it work?

Best.

Neil.
Gentlemen.

Does anyone know where this can be bought from? I've e-mailed the creator weeks ago and I've had no e-mail response from him :(

Please advise whether or not this effect is still available and if so, where can I buy it from?

Kind regards.

Neil.
Thanks davekilpatrick

Arepsi
http://www.aarosorva.com
I am getting mine this December. Can't wait! I might dispose my Gamolo type levitation when I get this.
Lou Hilario.

Where did you order this illusion from???

Thanks.

Neil.
Come on, is anyone going to answer my question?

Where can I buy this from?

Thanks!

Neil.
Hi Neil,

Here's the direct link to the english website of Spontus 360°, again :

http://www.spontus360.com/homeeng.php?page=Accueil&PHPSESSID=b8ce3bb2210cb4fa2e9598240ae44776

All information you're seeking for are on his internet pages. Browse through it.

Nobody else is selling or building his illusion. Everything else you can find on the internet are knock offs ! So do a favor to the magic community and stay away from the kapmagic version !!!

If he didn't answer your mail, you should try to call him. The phone number is on the homepage under contact.

Oliver.
Hi oliver thanks for your link and information I'll probably phone for guys up
Will Spontus 360 be able to be performed outdoors?

Neil.
Yes bluedragon !

I've seen this illusion being presented on stage outdoors in 2010 without any problem using an audience member. On the other side, I wouldn't present it if it's raining or too windy...obviously. ;)

Oliver.
Lou how do you like your illusion? How reliable is it?
I like this prop. It can be performed surrounded. The only drawback is it is quite uncomfortable to use for a lady volunteer specially on the neck part. I would rather use it on a child like the Chair Suspension or just use my lady assistant.
I have made some modifications on it making it more of a furniture piece than a magic prop. In my show, I use it as a cake table. I don't collapse it. I does take time. Anyway, it is just a small prop.
I'm just catching up on this old thread as I wanted to add a comment following my purchase of Spontus 360. First of all, to avoid confusion, it is called Spontus 360 cause the illusion can be performed surrounded, not because you can have the assistant spin 360 degrees around you.

I think pretty much everything has been said about the illusion itself except maybe the fact that you can purchase a fully programmable version (which I bought). This version of the illusions gives you a lot more possibilities compared to the basic version as you can design you own sequence of levitation and make the levitation go up then slightly down, change the speed during certain parts of the levitation etc.... I now have one program for the levitation of my assistant, one programme for a spectator levitation and one more for me levitating whilst sitting. (another bit of equipment was supplied to perform a sat-down levitation)

I wanted to report on the outstanding customer service I received from Olivier who is the inventor and manufacturer. I ordered the Spontus 360 with the fully programmable option). When the illusion was delivered, the version I received was the standard version. Rather than giving me the hassle of having to ship it back to him, Olivier flew halfway around the world (7 hours flight from Europe to the Middle-East) to come to me and setup the programmable version. Olivier is a very friendly guy. I also got to learn all the small details about this illusion.

To all of those who might consider buying a copy from China, honestly think twice! You won't get those rip-off merchant to fly around the world to give you this kind of customer service!
Does anyone knowhow the Spontus360 might differ from a RhinoFlight?

Thanks,
Dan.
This looks like a great illusion overall... and... now is available for around $4400 US.
I love the concept of this illusion and I'm just wondering if any one else has any detailed reviews?

Presumably, it's battery operated? If it is, how big are the batteries and how convenient is the battery charging?

Thanks in advance :)

Best,

Neil.
Is there any noise issues?
Nope.