(Close Window)
Topic: Chin Up Subtlety
It is not unusual to see a performer clear his throat, cough or swallow hard -- just makes him human. While watching a video of myself and trying not to laugh, I observed myself covering my mouth instinctively to protect a cough. I don't even remember doing that during the routine. The back of my hand came up to shield the cough and my hand was causually open.

So, I dashed to the mirror with a coin fingerpalmed in my allegedly empty right hand, feigned a slight inner cough, brought my hand up until my forefinger touched my chin and rotated my whole hand up un front of my mouth. My palm was fully exposed with the fingers apart for the second cough. Then my hand dropped away with a murmered "scuse me," with a clearing of my throat. Thus, I have casually shown my hand empty in a most natural way.

I had slid the coin up behind my index finger and then under my chin -- pressing into the flesh with my thumbtip as my fingers rotated up. On the down swing the coin easily fell back into fingerpalm. I don't see using this often, but it may be part of my next 3 Flue Routine.
Doing things that fit your natural movements make sense.
It is good to see things like this in print. Much more valuable to this "righter" than the latest combination of moves. (though I still appreciate those that share them)

Will it work if you cough into your elbow?

Harris
doctor of laughology and p/c cougher

(with tongue somewhere near my chin or is it cheek)
Does the number of chins make a difference - may lose a few coins on the way.

Great Idea Ken....thanks for sharing
Natural movements with good presentation hides a lot. funsway has a lot of these sort of moves that just happen when non-chalantly turns this way & that. ;)
Adjusting your glasses

Scratching (within public decency)

Yawn if it works into your script

Harris "keeping his chin up" deutsch
Eric Jones does a great move in his Tai Chi Penetration when he so simply goes to just fix (reposition) his glasses. Very subtle and then deadly -- right through the heart of the matter. ;) Beautiful!
[quote]
On 2009-09-28 14:04, Kyf wrote:
Does the number of chins make a difference - may lose a few coins on the way.

Great Idea Ken....thanks for sharing
[/quote]

I'm proud to say that I've lost almost fifty pounds (22.6796 kg) in the last ten weeks and have only one chin left! I now look more like I did a few years ago when my avatar was taken.
Very interesting Ideas!
Wes.."weigh" to go with your vanishing act.

The nearly normal one is following "suit", and lost about 18 pounds in 2 & 1/2 months. Much more energy for walk around magic. (using lots of coins of course)

Harris "still can't do a chin up" deutsch
[quote]
On 2009-09-29 07:55, Harris wrote:
Wes.."weigh" to go with your vanishing act.

The nearly normal one is following "suit", and lost about 18 pounds in 2 & 1/2 months. Much more energy for walk around magic. (using lots of coins of course)

Harris "still can't do a chin up" deutsch
[/quote]
Isn't it great!