(Close Window)
Topic: "OffeRing" by Ron Vergilio
Just to let you all know that I finally had a few more copies of my effect “OffeRing” printed up. Here is the description…

A length of rope is offered for inspection and a finger ring is borrowed. A spectator is requested to thread the rope through the ring himself and place it on the performer’s outstretched hand, which is then closed into a fist. The spectator is requested to hold one end of the rope in each hand. Then, without any false moves whatsoever, the ring is taken off the rope. A complete penetration of the rope is made in a smooth and clean manner. Naturally, all can be inspected, since nothing else is used except the ring and rope. Also no switches or duplicates are used. This effect can be repeated without fear of detection. This effect can be used alone or a finale to other ring and rope penetrations.

In this routine, the hands never come close to each other. One had does not pass around the other hand for a steal as in most routines. This is clean.

The booklet has 16 color photographs for easy explanation plus a supplement for the ring to vanish instead of a penetration. Great for Richard Sanders Interlace.

The price is $8.00 postpaid. My Paypal account is rvergilio@aol.com

-Ron
I just saw this thread and thought I'd make a quick comment. I was fortunate to have a copy of this from Ron downunder here in Oz. I must say when I first read the routine I thought it was very similar to most ring on strings except for one very bold, brazen and ballsie move that I was sceptical about being able to get away with. I was wrong, it just flys by the spectators every time. I have used it many times now so have it down so fluid that it increases the level of mystery 10 fold. Magicians are waiting for the normal steal, but it doesn't come. This is great for very close up, in fact the closer the group of spectators the better.
I can see @ $8 which includes postage for the booklet Ron is just covering cost while offering this to Café members, nice guy, no ego here. If you want a move not in general circulation with other ring on string routines, this is a very worthy addition. The hard part is building your timing and confidence to use it, technicly its easy.
I love ring and string and I'm always looking for new and creative ways to add to my routine .Ron countand save me a copy in I will purchase your effect today my son handles all my pay pal accounts ,, lol
take care
vinny
ps takachance thanks for yout review
Ron,
Sounds interesting. What is the postage for UK / worldwide?
Thank you,
Charlie
Puggo,

I will be mailing out the packets to those that purched this weekend on Monday morning. I will check then what the cost would be to the UK.

-Ron
This sounds like a bargain. I just placed my order. I look forward to receiving this.

Lou Serrano
BTW takeachance, thanks for the kind words. It's much appreaciated. That ballsie move you mentioned is what fooled the guys at the Magic Castle.

All orders being mailed out Monday morning. Thanks to those that ordered.

-Ron
Puggo,

International postage would be an extra $1.50

So $9.50 to ship overseas.

-Ron
Not audacious at all -- I've been doing things like this for years,
but never with a ring and string approach.

You can follow this up with other R&S effects and they will be the stronger for it. Get it while you can.
I still have my original hard copy that I purchased through Jeff Busby back in the Eighties. A very clever and direct way to make a ring penetrate a rope.
I got my copy yesterday and laughed my head off at the "Ballsie" move. Practiced for a few hours in front of the mirror and then performed a version together with a ringbox for my daughter (17yrs). She was waiting for the hands to cross and they didn't, she was totally floored. Thanks. If it gets past her... next step Halloween at Sam Kullman's Diner in Regensburg, Bavaria then MZvD meet in November.

Why not get together with trickshop.com or some other online PDF distributor and make a mint...?
Tim,

Thanks for the comments, glad you like it. Yes, that's why it fools magicians too, they wait for the steal that never happens.

Hmmmmm... Never thought about trickshop and their PDF files. Might have to check into that. However, "make a mint", I don't think so. LOL

-Ron
You're welcome... I see you're marketing Lou's steel ball routine, market yourself the same way, I just saw the REAL secrets are available from Lou too... if you "make a mint" you can buy me this ;)
IF I make a mint, I will. LOL

-Ron
Ron sent you a PM.

id like to buy this
Hi Ron,
I just send you the payment, pls check your PM.
Thanks.
Jeff
Ditto. Looking forward to it.