(Close Window)
Topic: Warlock
Anyone else notice the banner?

Sounds like another winner!

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-arsenal/specialities/warlock.html

J
I am sure it will be great as everything Outlaw produces is simply extranordinary. However, the question for me and only me, is do I really need this? Different storyline but it sounds like Templar and Relic. Sounds like this is going to be made out of wood so that is something to consider as the other two are metal.

I like Outlaw but I think it's time for them to come up with a new effect. The Inquisitor is probably the most original as they have nothing else like it.
Time for Outlaw to come up with a new effect? Holy Moly - after everything they released this summer? I was hoping they would slow down so my bank account can catch up!
A piece like The Warlock will add texture to Mr. Hobbs' back story. As it is, he appears to have many deep dark secrets.
Just when we thought that outlaw couldn't get any better...

This is just crazy...good. :)
In the tradition of Relic and Templar we bring you Warlock.

Here is the O.T.O amulet. The front is Aleister Crowleys' Unicursal Hexagram design.
The other side is The Sword of Arch Angel Michael. Used on the Seal of Michael.

Once again, pictures and lighting do not do justice to how this piece looks in person.

It's old and worn and a bit beat up.

Comes with the box and the chain, which is an authentic solid brass 60 year old piece. It has a natural patina on the chain.

[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5276/imgp9027o.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7277/imgp9003.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8689/imgp9023.jpg[/img]
Very nice Rick!
Looks like I may have to sell the relic to get this baby!!
And I just got my Templar a few months ago.
Fantastic.
Very nice Rick, Is it as powerfull as the relic/templer?

Daren
[quote]
On 2009-10-10 12:02, Daren James wrote:
Very nice Rick, Is it as powerfull as the relic/templer?

Daren
[/quote]
Yes. :)
May I ask which is good for my Witches Box?
I am thinking Warlock or Templar

W.D.
[quote]
On 2009-10-10 16:14, WitchDoctor wrote:
May I ask which is good for my Witches Box?
I am thinking Warlock or Templar

W.D.
[/quote]
They both work the same, but the decision is up to you. Warlock looks more "witchie" but the old Templar medallion looks good too.
More Bayou is more better for a koon blood like me.

I am thinkin' pendulum work son...

for real.
Meraux, you have the coolest music on your website my friend. :)
(grins)

Why, thank you, sir. I bet you say that to all the boys.

I will let Stevie Ray Vaughn now as well... next time I see'em.

Your not so bad yourself there, Mr. Shield.
Luke, would you mind emailing me if you find the time?
Done brotha.
I got my Warlock today
the size is perfectly good
and the quality of Outlaw product is nice
as Rick said "its a very good item to combine with the Witch Box"
I love it so much

Thanks Rick

Best Regards,
W.D.
Very much looking forward to it...
Outlaw's products are always top notch and quite unique, but I (and I believe, a few others) wish Roth would hold up on the new releases until he delivers the items that people paid for SIX MONTHS AGO and are still awaiting delivery even after being told back in July that it would be delivered "shortly."

How about it Rick?
I feel you, Dick.

That does not read right.

(shrugs)

I do feel like Rick has bitten more than he can chew at times, but in my experience, my patience has usually paid off.

I know it has to be hard having some of the best products in the game...

not outsourcing, so everyone everyone has to purchases from you.

The positives and negatives are there.

Negatives being having to wait a bit longer. Having to have patience.

Positives being, it is not available to everyone that walks into a magic shop, unique and amazing quality and products.

I know it is hard.

Especially those of us that do this for a living.

But it'll work out.

one way or the other...
Of course I am not speaking for the man...

Just stating an opinion.

Despite what some may think, I am not such a member of the outlaw mob.

I just tell you what I think.

I am waiting on products also...
I just purchased the Warlock
And was wondering does it come
with a chain that can be worn
like the Relic or Templer?Or is
it just a chain like for a pendulum.
Todd
No one has this that knows.
Received it today very beautiful indeed.
Thanks Rick
Sooooo.... this took a month and seven days?!
:wow:
Yes it did Sponge.But I ordered Relic and
it only took about a week.It must have not been in stock.
Waiting 14 months for items from Outlaw. Pretty sure I'll never receive them and am out $450.
[quote]On Jun 19, 2016, mcharisse wrote:
Waiting 14 months for items from Outlaw. Pretty sure I'll never receive them and am out $450. [/quote]

14 months??? I'd be requesting my money back to spend on something else!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course! At the end, I would have settled for just about anything. But despite promises, deadlines etc nothing.
What response to you get when you have contacted them?
Either more promises that it will be soon or simply ignored. I made boxes and slates for outlaw until recently, but grew tired if this game, as well as the emails from people who ordered props I make, but I had never received notification or payment from Outlaw. I am now associated with Gemini, and should have left OE months ago but kept hoping I might actually receive the props I paid for. Finally though I decided I was through listening to empty promises -- when I could get Rick to respond. (Usually when he wanted something .)
I never intended to go public here but it seems that just enables bad behavior and I guess I'm not as over it as I like to think.
Marc
Someone needs to take him to court, when people write the money off, you are enabling him to carry on doing it to others..this has been going on for years unfortunately...

Give a newbie a glimpse behind the curtain and a discount
Just give it a mention on the forum as a favour, I'll take care of you
Pump pump pump the pre-order handle
Harvest the money
Then pay people to make the items
Zero cost to the owner
All the stress and pressure on the builder and purchaser
Wait it out knowing that most will give up
Discount bunnies hop on and cheer
Behind the scenes bullying and naysayers
Rinse and repeat

Zero tolerance. Sounds harsh, but the more people who write it off and keep quiet, you are also partly to blame for when it happens to the next newb. Sorry to say it, but it needs saying.

I've tried to help over the years, even made a small difference a few years back, but not even a dent.

Don't believe the hype. The excuses. Go to your credit card companies, it wont hurt. Get together and speak with PayPal, it wont hurt.
I agree Iain, which is finally why I posted here. I'll also file with PayPal, though the deadline is way passed, I'm certain. But thanks for posting as well. It's it so much the money as the sense of unfairness that he continues to get away with this. Perhaps we were able to warn a few folks new to our forums.
Good...even if they can't do anything, the more who do it, the more it might stick with those companies and they may reconsider, or offer some kind of solution...

too many people have kept quiet - and I eventually stopped trying to talk them round because...well, there was nothing that I could do about them choosing not to bring it to other people's attention...i'm glad you and others are speaking up now though...good on ya...
You have support mcharisse. Please have your say below as it's about time we get to the root. Roth has made an appearance below as we discuss this very issue. Please read from the top of the thread first so you have context.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=619600&forum=14&start=30#24

We need to encourage other creators (spooky and others please reach out to them) to support our efforts and let ours customers know that we will not tolerate this type of business behavior in our cottage industry anymore.

Please try to keep it civil so the posts do not get deleted, that will not serve us.

Good luck.
Message: Posted by: Gandalf the Wizard (Jun 20, 2016 07:06PM)
Hi, I have waiting 30 months (two and a half years) for Stage. I sent Rick $640, which for me represents a lot of money and effort. Rick took my money and never sent me the order. I have sent many emails and only get false promises from Rick, in these months no longer answer my emails, I have asked to refund my money or change my order by another effect he has in stock, but do not get any response. Gandalf
Message: Posted by: Gandalf the Wizard (Jun 21, 2016 02:28PM)
To be fair to the development of the event, I must tell that I could to talk to Rick and we have agreed on several magic effects that he will send me to solve my problem.
It is my wish that this situation does not happen again, not only for me but for all that somehow entrust our money to the creators to obtain the effects that are necessary for our shows, I'm sure that with a good customer service Owtlaw Effects would gain a lot, if everyone gets his share, we'd all be happy. Thanks all!!
Gandalf,
Did you ever get you stuff? I too received an email promising shipment after the last round of posts, but another month has passed and no prop.
Marc