(Close Window)
Topic: For those that have more money to burn the world's most expensive rolling magic case
This is a lot more expensive than Joe's rolling magic case to bring into a show but boy it looks really nice!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=10997
This table is REALLY expensive. I did not expect that kind of price.
Is there a bigger photo of it anywhere?

Thanks!
Dan.
Just check out the link for photo's they actually make two kinds.

They are a lot more than Joe's rolling case because its metal but Still that's a lot of cash!

Here is another version:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=10996
Wonder what it looks like after a few bumps while going through narrow doors, or getting it in and out of the car ? The nice thing about Lefler tables is that they hide dents and dings well. This thing would make dents and dings very visible, and believe me it will get dented. I have owned aluminum covered music cases, and all it takes is a modest thump to put a large dent in aluminum panels, regardless of how strong the extrusion surrounding the panel is. Seems you would literally need a case to carry the table in so it is protected, and that would get heavy and bulky, which kind of defeats the purpose of the table design. I think it looks stunning, but is not too practical for the real world of performers who use these type of tables.

Mark
Apparently, only a few were made.
The fact that Penguin is offering a discount speaks for itself............
I like the Roll on Table from Davenportmagic, UK, there is a 'scope' attached to the case, allowing one to lug it along.
Wow!
[quote]
On 2009-11-23 09:51, TRUMPETMAN wrote:
Wonder what it looks like after a few bumps while going through narrow doors, or getting it in and out of the car ? The nice thing about Lefler tables is that they hide dents and dings well. This thing would make dents and dings very visible, and believe me it will get dented. I have owned aluminum covered music cases, and all it takes is a modest thump to put a large dent in aluminum panels, regardless of how strong the extrusion surrounding the panel is. Seems you would literally need a case to carry the table in so it is protected, and that would get heavy and bulky, which kind of defeats the purpose of the table design. I think it looks stunning, but is not too practical for the real world of performers who use these type of tables.

Mark
[/quote]

I agree with you...pretty to look at but not very practical for travel.
Wow!!! It had better come pre-loaded with LOTS of great magic for that price!!!

Mark. :wow:
[quote]
On 2009-11-24 00:30, iugefu wrote:
Apparently, only a few were made.
The fact that Penguin is offering a discount speaks for itself............
I like the Roll on Table from Davenportmagic, UK, there is a 'scope' attached to the case, allowing one to lug it along.
[/quote]

I don't get what you mean. Penguin offers discounts on almost anything, good or bad.
Way overpriced.
Nice case, light weight, durable. I would buy it if it were made with two separate cases - a top and bottom so that the weight of all your props aren't in one place...
I stopped using suitcase tables because they weigh too much and are difficult to move on narrow stairwells.

I use either a plastic tote, a catalog case or a small duffle. The plastic tote sits on a restaurant tray stand. The catalog case or duffle rests on a bar stool. I'm even thinking about using a smaller tote, because it's large, although it's so light that I can lift it with my little finger. I often drag the tote down narrow stairwells.
My gosh, don't spend that much!

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/madeintheUSA/collections?Ntt=case&productId=10001950

A commercial grade plastic case from the container store, priced from $15 to $50, can be lined with foam. The foam comes in 1" blocks that can be removed to fit exactly what you want to carry. In expensive, customized and can be locked. Not fancy, but they don't invite you because you have a fancy case!

There are also rolling trunks if you require greater storage.

Hudson
Or build one out of the same off-the-shelf stuff they did:
http://www.itemamerica.com/presentation.asp
[quote]
On 2010-05-17 21:55, 55Hudson wrote:
My gosh, don't spend that much!

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/madeintheUSA/collections?Ntt=case&productId=10001950

A commercial grade plastic case from the container store, priced from $15 to $50, can be lined with foam. The foam comes in 1" blocks that can be removed to fit exactly what you want to carry. In expensive, customized and can be locked. Not fancy, but they don't invite you because you have a fancy case!

There are also rolling trunks if you require greater storage.

Hudson
[/quote]
I didn't spend even half of what the cheapest trunk costs. I use colorful totes from Sterilite, that are about the size of a footlocker. They flex to absorb impacts and are lighter than some of the commercial-grade trunks.
This case (shut) barely exceedes l+H+W airline limitations. If you fly with it under current rules you will pay extra even with it empty.
I haven't even spent this much on a car!
Sorry, but that is not the most expensive Rolling Table on the market, Fairchild and Whit Hayden's McComb table exceed that price.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (Nov 20, 2010 09:48PM)
Not really a very good looking table (IMHO).
Actually the McComb table is under 1K while this one is over 1100. That makes it pretty expensive. I am sure the materials are terrific, but sheesh.