(Close Window)
Topic: IPhone magic
IPhone magic ... seems to be all the rage. Take a look on YouTube.
Very entertaining.

However ... are there any sources for the professional worker(s)?

Wulfie
I enjoy Iphone magic, but I don't use it in my working shows. To me it isn't as amazing when you use something as technological as an iphone. This is shown through the audience reactions as well. It's more of a puzzle they can, however inaccurately, rationalize a method themselves.

That being said, I get a lot of mileage out of Isensor and Marty's Magic Coin. Kenner's new rising card is nice as well.
Message: Posted by: Ashkenazi the Pretty Good (Oct 29, 2009 05:29PM)
Well, there's now a whole section for this issue on the Café, and Steve Sheraton's stuff is quite extraordinary.

Have fun.
Greg Rostami's new one called iForce/Doodle is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The best part is that it is customizable, and only costs $2.99. It is BY FAR the best magic app ever made!
I second the amazing iForce app by Greg Rostani. If you're looking to do any mentalism on your iPhone, you MUST get this.
OK I have tried most of the different iphone effects on the market. Many use basically the same principle buy amazing iforce is the best by far. As stated earlier you can use the effects they give you or make your own. I just tried an effect I made up on my wife and she was impressed. Believe me it takes a lot to do that. Since I do walk around at a restaurant I thought up one that I can use at a table for kids or adults. I have not tried it yet "for real" but I think it will work in most cases. I will try it Tuesday. Get this effect it is the best of them all! Second place would go to the Penn & Teller one if I had to choose.

Ron
Thank you all for supporting iForce.

I know I made the thing, but I gotta tell you . . . I REALLY LOVE performing iForce . . . for the last 2 months it seems like my cards and coins are on vacation. ;)

Ron, all the best to you on your Tuesday performance.

Here's a little tip. When you put the iPhone down on the table in front of you, if you're right handed, put it at a 135 degree angle ( like \ ). If you're left handed then a 45 degree angle ( like / ). This really helps you pick up the iPhone in a very comfortable and quick way.

In contrast, if you put your iPhone in front of you at 90 degrees ( like |) then your wrist has to bend in an uncomfortable way when it comes time to pick it up.

may the Force be with you,
Greg Rostami
I've been useing Iforce for the Iphone for the last few days and have been getting a great reponse to it. It is fast becomeing one of my favorite effects to use as an icebreaker for walk around. Mr. Rostami has done a great job on this product. It is by far the best magic app on the Iphone and I know I will be useing Iforce for a long time to come.
[quote]
On 2009-10-30 18:03, Greg Rostami wrote:
Thank you all for supporting iForce.

I know I made the thing, but I gotta tell you . . . I REALLY LOVE performing iForce . . . for the last 2 months it seems like my cards and coins are on vacation. ;)

Ron, all the best to you on your Tuesday performance.

Here's a little tip. When you put the iPhone down on the table in front of you, if you're right handed, put it at a 135 degree angle ( like \ ). If you're left handed then a 45 degree angle ( like / ). This really helps you pick up the iPhone in a very comfortable and quick way.

In contrast, if you put your iPhone in front of you at 90 degrees ( like |) then your wrist has to bend in an uncomfortable way when it comes time to pick it up.

may the Force be with you,
Greg Rostami
[/quote]

Greg it would be good to come up with some effects for kids with this one maybe using balloon animals or something... Maybe set this up as IFORCE II or something..
Since you can personalize this why not make up your own kids version? With a little thought it can be done.

Ron
Just purchased iForce and I must say, it is brilliant. The fact that there are a number of well thought-out ways to present, and that it's customizable makes it endlessly effective.
Just as impressive are the instructions. I often find app instructions poorly written and confusing, but Greg's are more clear and intuitive than those in many of the magic books I own.
iForce is perfect for a newbie like me, but I'm sure it's fun for the pro as well. Kudos!
Look for "Harry" in the AppStore from Coylebilt. No, not Mr. Lorayne.

I worked with developer Dave Coyle to come up with this app. While Chris' Rising Card is superb, my concern is that as a solely iPhone-based app, it automatically lends itself to the idea that "you did something with the phone. I don't know what." Specifically, it's a technology-based effect, and little more. (And yes, I have bought it, and it's on my iPod Touch.)

By contrast, "Harry" allows the spectator to choose a card. It's returned to the pack. The pack is dropped on the iPhone...and their chosen card appears in the window of the iPhone. Making it more...amazing?...is that the deck can be examined, and the chosen card is not there, meaning it's penetrated into the iPhone. The magician finishes by saying that the card needs to be restored from "cyberland" into the physical deck, and pulls the card from the iPhone.

My thinking here was to develop an effect that utilized the iPhone but also incorporated the physical nature of a real deck as well. I think Dave succeeded admirably. In fact, if you use a blue-backed deck of Tally circle backs, you'll get an added bonus when you do the trick.

Again, the trick is "Harry;" the developer is Coylebilt on the AppStore. I don't get any money if you buy it, but I believe the trick is worthy of your consideration.
Pleased my posting has received such a quality response ...
It is just my concern that the initial readily available "tricks" that can be supplied for the new iPod touch will not dampen the mystique.

Consequently, I hope that through the MagicCafe we can source professional material ...
[quote]
On 2009-10-28 14:47, wulfiesmith wrote:
IPhone magic ... seems to be all the rage. Take a look on YouTube.
Very entertaining.

However ... are there any sources for the professional worker(s)?

Wulfie
[/quote]

iForce
If they could make an iphone with good reception, that would be magic.
Just bought Iforce very happy with it.
[quote]
On 2009-11-15 15:38, beverage wrote:
Just bought Iforce very happy with it.
[/quote]

Its like a limited TT without the tricky moves.
Thank you beverage,

Greg
I have an app that I just released recently, it is called ESP Tester Pro.

I'd love to get anyone's feedback who's used it.

http://bit.ly/4bdF5c

It is an ESP effect. In short, you know which esp symbol someone is thinking of, without watching them, looking at the screen, without vibrations and without without sound. You also have the ability to make them read your mind when you are thinking of a symbol.

Let me know what you think!

-Seth
IForce is the best magic app so far. It is a true achievement since we see a lot of useless magic apps around Itunes.

Aside from that, I also like Psypic and Kenner's Rising Card.
[quote]
On 2009-11-16 22:38, magicseth wrote:
I have an app that I just released recently, it is called ESP Tester Pro.

I'd love to get anyone's feedback who's used it.

http://bit.ly/4bdF5c

It is an ESP effect. In short, you know which esp symbol someone is thinking of, without watching them, looking at the screen, without vibrations and without without sound.
[/quote]
Interesting idea but I think some people will take issue with the "no peek" claim.
"No Freakin' Way" now available in the App Store

Freak people out every time! Someone thinks of "Any Card" in the deck. Your iPhone scans their finger and runs through the deck finding the card they were thinking of.

No voice activation, they do not have to name a card out loud. They could write down a card on paper or pull out any card from a real deck of cards with everything in their hands, and it really can be ANY card.

What makes "No Freakin' Way" the most amazing and deceptive iPhone card trick on the market?

Unlike ALL others . . . 
1. Everything is done openly, right in front of the audience.
2. There's nothing on the screen to hide -- from even the most observant viewer.
3. A simple swipe and all the dirty work is done without the audience suspecting, let alone detecting anything.
4. The magic happens with your iPhone in the spectator's hand.

Anyone who experiences this miracle will shriek, "NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!"

This was my first app rejected originally rejected back in June. In September Theory 11 was able to get their app released using a similar process thanks to the efforts of Chris Kenner. Penn and Teller and Greg Rostami followed releasing apps which also included a similar method. So finally I have re-submitted my app, got it approved and it is now available in the App store.

http://www.mojosoftwareonline.com

PS Greg, I LOVE iForce!
Sounds like a great effect Carl. couldn't find the demo on your website
[quote]
On 2009-11-26 15:51, afknight wrote:
Sounds like a great effect Carl. couldn't find the demo on your website
[/quote]

Oops! I found it. Great effect!
I'd love to see something like [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/videohub/esptest.shtml]Barry and Stuart's ESP Testing Video[/url] ([url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C_iy7SyDJE]here's the method[/url]) turned into an iPhone routine.
Hi Scott, ESP Tester Pro uses Barry and Stuart's method for half of the effect: the part where they read your mind. The other part, where you tell them which symbol they've touched uses an original method. I've linked it above.

Tom, wording is pretty tricky. It is important to note that you don't look at the screen to know which symbol they are thinking of: it is not a marked card, or a hidden symbol. If you have better phrasing. Perhaps I should say "by looking at the back of the iPhone you can tell their symbol."?

Thanks for your feedback! I've got a new utility app with some similarity to iForce, but used for different ends (and a different method too). If you'd like to test it out Tom, shoot me an e-mail: iPhone@magicseth.com

-Seth
Stating the obvious ...
when you review a product sometimes it has sound and vision ... but beware ... what you are seeing is a demo. The sound from the iPod is coming from a dock or earpiece!

Wulfie
Hi Carl Andrews,

I love all of your software too. ;)

Greg Rostami
Hey iPhone/iPod touch enthusiasts. I have just submitted an App to Apple that should be coming out in about 2-3 weeks. This app gets UNBELIEVABLE reactions...I mean UNBELIEVABLE! Straight forward, simple and miraculous. It is my favorite close up effect. If you would like to be the first to see it send me your email address. You won't be disappointed.
There is an app I use that is not magical, but gets a great reaction. It's called [url=http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crazy-candle/id285755136?mt=8]Crazy Candle[/url], and it's just a single birthday cake candle on the screen that lights when touched, then gets blown out when the iphone is shaken. I have the birthday child blow out the candle. The kids get a big kick out of it.

I have an iPhone app that has been very popular with beginner magicians and people teaching magic classes. It's an ebook with over 50 tricks, gags, routines and performing hints. A great resource for instructors. It's basically a scaled-down version of my "Learn Magic" instant author book.

I also have an ebook of just card tricks, which videos demonstrating the various moves.

Check them out:

[url=http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/learn-magic-ebook/id293919394?mt=8]Learn Magic[/url]

[url=http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/learn-card-tricks/id309911980?mt=8]Card Tricks[/url]
I downloaded iforce yesterday and it is amazing. The best thing is that I can customize my own personal set of magic.
Hi cinful823,

You can read some ideas on how to use iForce here:
http://www.rostamimagic.com/iforce/ideas.html

I hope you continue to have fun with iForce. I perform it every day.

Greg Rostami
Hi Greg, have used iforce for a good few months now and I love it. However since the update there is a glitch that spoils it.
The option to set a code to access the presets is a great idea, but that creates a problem. I like to use the FS method, but this is the sequence I have to go through to use it........
First open doodle, and get the blank screen.
Enter the code, and do a two finger pull down to bring up the preset page.
Hit the preset, to get the blank screen
Enter code again, now I have two options......1. Do a three finger pull down which then shows the FS.
2. Do a two finger pull down which opens the preset page but
this time there is the FE button, now touch the FE button
which then shows the FS. Very long winded.

It would make more sense, and a lot smoother effect if the FE button was always available when the preset page opens. Is there a bug or was it designed like this, and if so why.
Please can you advise, and put out an update that would solve this very annoying problem.

Many thanks, Rasp.
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (May 4, 2010 06:12PM)
For some strolling mentalism that I was performing at a private party this past Sunday, I combined Aaron Fisher's "Dead Presidents" with a modification of the Money preset in iForce.
[quote]
On 2010-05-04 13:59, rasp wrote:
Hi Greg, have used iforce for a good few months now and I love it. However since the update there is a glitch that spoils it.
The option to set a code to access the presets is a great idea, but that creates a problem. I like to use the FS method, but this is the sequence I have to go through to use it........
First open doodle, and get the blank screen.
Enter the code, and do a two finger pull down to bring up the preset page.
Hit the preset, to get the blank screen
Enter code again, now I have two options......1. Do a three finger pull down which then shows the FS.
2. Do a two finger pull down which opens the preset page but
this time there is the FE button, now touch the FE button
which then shows the FS. Very long winded.

It would make more sense, and a lot smoother effect if the FE button was always available when the preset page opens. Is there a bug or was it designed like this, and if so why.
Please can you advise, and put out an update that would solve this very annoying problem.

Many thanks, Rasp.
[/quote]

for me I only use one code rather than 4 code to access the preset! I don't know would it be stupid to set only one but I can use my thumb to enter the code and then slide it. Most people will only use the black color to draw things, so I think the possibility for them to use a different color and then accidentally open the preset is pretty low.
I had an effect published in the January, 2010 issue of Genii Magazine entitled Scribbles of Destiny. The iPhone/iPod Touch trick involves a normal, free doodle application, and a spectator is able to draw random marks on the device. When the device is shaken, the scribbles change into a selected card, name, etc.

I use this all the time and I don't think you will be disappointed if you check this trick out. There are tons of possibilities using this concept.
Hi Cinful, yes I too only have a one colour code, but still think it would be best to have access to the FE button every time the preset page launches.
For £1.79 (in the UK) iForce is a steal! Grab it...
TGR
To add one addition out to iForce: Next time you buy an iPhone or an iPod Touch, buy it new from the online Apple Store. When you do that, they offer free engraving. Use the free engraving as an additional out!

For example, if you find yourself doing ESP symbols regularly, you might choose to have the message "You will choose the 3 wavy lines" engraved on the back.

When you're able to use the message on the back, it adds an extra punch to your routine!
[quote]
On 2010-05-17 14:54, Scott Cram wrote:
To add one addition out to iForce: Next time you buy an iPhone or an iPod Touch, buy it new from the online Apple Store. When you do that, they offer free engraving. Use the free engraving as an additional out!

For example, if you find yourself doing ESP symbols regularly, you might choose to have the message "You will choose the 3 wavy lines" engraved on the back.

When you're able to use the message on the back, it adds an extra punch to your routine!
[/quote]
If you lay the device face down, won't they see the engraving? Otherwise you would have to take the case off. I assume you assumed people used a colored and not a clear case. Just trying to clarify for others. (is it me or did my post have way to many puns? (Clearly)
[quote]
On 2010-05-17 14:54, Scott Cram wrote:

[/quote]That's a VERY clever idea. I'm gonna have to think about that some more.
[quote]
On 2010-05-17 16:41, magicmind wrote:

If you lay the device face down, won't they see the engraving? Otherwise you would have to take the case off. I assume you assumed people used a colored and not a clear case. Just trying to clarify for others. (is it me or did my post have way to many puns? (Clearly)
[/quote]

If you just set the iPhone/iPod Touch aside, and don't draw any attention to the back, you should be able to get away with having it open.

If you're worried about this, there are several types of cases that are easily removable. The case I use just allows my iPod Touch to slide in and out easily.

[quote]
On 2010-05-17 19:15, Greg Rostami wrote:

That's a VERY clever idea. I'm gonna have to think about that some more.
[/quote]

Thanks! Feel free to add it to the iForce ideas page.
My "No Freakin' Way" iPhone App update has just been approved. You can now customize the screens with your own screenshots! Available now on iTunes.
BizCard (Be like Bond)
The hippest and hottest way to hand out your business card!
Someone asks for your business card and you say that you are all out but "there is an App for that". Launch BizCard and print your business card right on your iPhone screen. Move the card around the screen and then actually produce it from your iPhone. How cool are you?
Easy to do, a lot of fun, and why just hand someone a business card from your pocket when you can do it like Bond?
"The best way to produce a business card I've ever seen - probably one of the best iPhone Apps I've seen incorporating magic!" - Paul Romhany
"LOVE that!!!" - Gregory Wilson

From Carl R Andrews, Inc.
Inspired by TC Tahoe
http://www.mojosoftwareonline.com/bizcard.htm
I know that iForce has been out for a while but I only purchased it a few days ago.

The reason for buying it was that I thought it might be useful as an effect for Silent Running by Ben Harris. I was right. It is a brilliant app and works perfect for the effect.

I've performed it a couple of times for friends and they love it.

Even if you don't do Silent Running, it is an excellent app for the iPhone/iPod touch.

Mike