(Close Window)
Topic: Iforce Ideas?
So I just got Iforce yesterday from the app store and I must say wow, what a great program!

so I was wondering has anyone cam up with some interesting ideas for the presets, or maybe some cool presentations?

here is one of mine...
I ask a spectator to imagine herself taking a trip to anyone of of the 7 continents..
I draw a prediction on the iphone doodle app.
exit the app and place the phone face down..
then I ask her what contintent did she visit... and bamn! I reveal the prediction accordingly..
You can even do the planets.. :)
Wow weapon . . .

You're already being very creative with iForce.

I think we should use your thread as a sharing resource for other ideas.

Greg Rostami
Thanks alot! The possibilities are endless..

just remember there are 8 planets in our solar system.. Pluto recently was discovered not to be a planet.. hmmm 8 seems like a good number! ::wink::

I'm very curious to hear the ideas of others! so keep them coming!
Hi weapon,

I just posted this on another thread on the Café. So I thought I should post this for you here as well.

Here is something REALLY COOL that you can do with the 3 coin preset. I do this with 3 old style quarters (the ones with the eagle on the tail side).

I put my left hand face down on the table and ask them to put the coins, one at a time under my hand, while I look away.

Every time they slide the coin under my hand I reposition it while saying, "I'll put this all the way to the left, so we'll have room for the other coins."

Under the cover of my hand, I rub the top of the coin with my right index finger to FEEL if it's heads or tails.

After the last coin, I immediately flip the iPhone over, and very DRAMATICALLY raise my left hand off the table to show the coins.

Greg Rostami
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Oct 29, 2009 04:05PM)
This is a repost from another thread:

Here's an idea just in time for a Halloween party:

Ask your victim if they happen to know their blood type.

If they do, you show that you knew it as well.

"You smelled like an AB-," you say as you lick your lips, exposing the barest flash of fangs as you do so.

:devilish:
YEAH Philemon,

Thanks for reminding me of that one. Just in time for Halloween.

While we're on the Halloween topic . . .

You ask, "Of all the scary movies during Halloween, who scared you the most? Freddy, Jason, etc . . .

Keep em coming guys . . . this is great.
Greg Rostami
I've been doing a coin thing, predicting a coin in someone's pocket, or that they think of. Luckily, there are 4 main coins that people carry here in the US, a penny, nickel, dime, and quarter. I have 50 cent and $1 options, just in case someone tries to get smart.

I had an idea that would probably work well for kids, having them choose their favorite of the 7 Dawrfs. You can add Snow White as an 8th option. Heck, for girls, you could probably have a preset full of various Disney Princesses. I'd wager you could make a preset with all of the common ones.

I've also been having great success with revealing whatever day of the week someone is thinking of.

Loving this app!

Kevin
I just got back from the Apple store. I LOVE performing iForce for Apple store employees.

I had them point at any Apple product they wanted to in the store, either computer or iPod . . . In fact I made the preset while I was standing there, it took less then 2 mins and I sorted all Apple products from small to large.

Surprisingly all the Apple store employees think I'M doing the magic and the iPhone is just "Pen-n-Paper". That is just so weird for me. I would have thought that THEY would be the first ones to suspect the iPhone, but the way that I present it, they don't have a clue.

Ok, since we're exchanging ideas, I'm gonna tip another one of my favorite presets. This is something I showed Kevin when we where in NY. I want to share this with everyone.

Months of the year . . . How do you get 12 months to fit in 8 spots?! Here is the patter:

"I want you to think of the month of your birth. Really concentrate . . . I'm having a tough time with this one . . . concentrate on the FIRST LETTER PLEASE."

So my preset is (in order of appearance)
J, Feb, M, A, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec

Jan, June, July are all "J"
March & May are "M"
April & August are "A"

So I have a 5 out of 12 chance of getting the whole month. If you present this right, it gets great reactions; especially because it's personal information.
BTW . . . Girls REALLY like the month performance. ;)

Greg Rostami
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Oct 30, 2009 01:22AM)
You can do this with astrological signs as well:

A - Aries, Aquarius
Taurus
Gemini
C - Cancer, Capricorn
L - Leo, Libra
Virgo
S - Scorpio, Sagittarius
Pisces
I've always used a pocket index for the close-up version of my own "Duplicity" effect. That pocket index is now officially retired. IForce is cleaner and less of a hassle.

And judging by the way this thread is going, some greedy b@st@rd is going to ask this eventually, so it might as well be me: Greg, any plans for a 12-out version?
Hi Quin,

The answer to your question is:

Yes . . . think more . . . MUCH MORE!!

Greg Rostami
If your doing the Planet effect... here is a nice mneumonic!

Remember that Mercury is small and fast so it is the FIRST of the two "M" planets.
My M = Mercury
Very V = Venus
Easy E = Earth
Method M = Mars
Just J = Jupiter
Speeds S = Saturn
Up U = Uranus
Names N = Neptune

My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Names....

again Pluto isn't a planet
All these ideas are phenomenal . . .

I just posted this on another thread on the Café, but here's another quick tip.

When you put the iPhone down on the table in front of you, if you're right handed, put it at a 135 degree angle ( like \ ). If you're left handed then a 45 degree angle ( like / ). This really helps you pick up the iPhone in a very comfortable and quick way.

In contrast, if you put your iPhone in front of you at 90 degrees ( like |) then your wrist has to bend in an uncomfortable way when it comes time to pick it up.

may the Force be with you,
Greg Rostami
Something else I haven't tried yet, but just thought of and created the preset for: an impeccably clean, no-fuss version of Dr. Bill's "Subliminally Squared." It's a little tight fitting it on the screen, but it does work, and turning it to landscape orientation helps. Look forward to trying it out tonight.
Fortunately it has enough spots for Euro coins:

1c
2c
5c
10c
20c
50c
1€
2€
Thank you so much for that post waso,

Now our European friends can add a new "Coins" Preset to their iForce.

Greg Rostami
I just used iForce as a Mental Epic force tonight at my daughter's birthday party. I used an 8 sided die and before anyone rolled I said that I was going to write one of the predictions before I let anyone know what I was doing. Then I load the 1-8 number preset and table the iPhone.

On the first piece of paper I write my prediction, "(Name of last person) will roll what I wrote on my iPhone". So this becomes my "known force" that I really don't even know yet.

I have 2 or 3 people roll the dice as I write down predictions beforehand and put the paper in a cup as per the standard Mental Epic method. The last person is taken care of with the iForce.

This played very well tonight.
Wow Dan . . .

Holly mixing methods Batman . . . iForce and One-Ahead . . . Wowzers!!

You can tell by Dan's ingenious thinking that he's a working pro.

LOVE IT,
Greg Rostami
Hello Jedi friends that use the iForce,

The first of the three missing videos went up last night.

Please make sure you scroll down the video list to see all 8 videos . . . The first video is the iForce Teaser video and the other 7 are instruction videos.

I'm going to finish the other 2 videos by tonight.

I'm very very sorry about the delay, but there's been so much going on in my life these days. By tonight everyone will have ALL the instruction videos.

take care,
Greg Rostami
I used Max mavens " Arm Chair Bowler" presentation for Iforce last night.. so sexy! kicked butt!

try it!
Hi weapon,

I'm not familiar with the "Arm Chair Bowler" effect. Could you please elaborate on the effect.

Thank you,
Greg Rostami

P.S. You can now follow what we're doing here at Rostami Magic on Twitter at:
http://twitter.com/RostamiMagic
The Armchair Bowler

Spectator is asked to imagine that he is playing a game of bowling. The whole game is played in his imagination. He rolls the ball down the alley and ::crashh:: it his the pins..
the mentalist ask, how many pins did you hit?.. the spectator says 7..
when the phone is turned over it reads you will knock down 7 pins! :)
Oh, and Max Mavens Positive Negative, Kills as well!
This is now the second time that I'm hearing about Max Mavens Positive Negative . . . could you tell me a little bit about the effect.

thank you,
Greg Rostami
[quote]
On 2009-11-05 09:26, weapon wrote:
[/quote]

Spectator names any coin (Penny, Nickel, Dime, Quarter) flips it. Heads or Tails.

Voila! IMO,this may be the easiest (memory work) and most direct use of the Iforce so far.
Oh yea!

whats nice to it had a built in Mnemonic..
H in Heads for "(H)are" T in Tails for (T)urtle!
Thanks a lot guys,

I like that a lot. I like anything that can be done in a totally impromptu situation.

Greg Rostami

P.S. Has anybody here had a chance to look at the instruction videos that come with iForce. I would really like to know what you think of them. Since all the videos are online, it's pretty easy for me to change them at will.
Here's a new line that I've been using when I perform iForce . . .

"I used to waste paper for predictions, buy now I've gone 'GREEN'! Ever since iPhones came out, I can perform mentalism in an environmentally conscious way."

So . . . save a tree . . . get iForce ;)

Greg Rostami
Just got the iForce and am blown away by it's ease and complexity. Funny thing I've never liked doing mentalism, but this may change my mind! Bravo!
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Nov 7, 2009 01:32PM)
Just a little brainstorming here.

With Thanksgiving just around the corner for us Americans, is it possible to predict a person's favorite food that they would find at a Thanksgiving dinner?

What are the top 8 choices?

Turkey
Stuffing
Cranberry
Yams/Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes
Egg Nog
Pumpkin Pie

Is there anything that should be on the list that isn't?
Is there anything that's on the list that isn't likely to be chosen?
I would play a game of tic tac toe and predict each and every move of the other person in advance.
COOOOOL !!

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Greg
I like that one, because it is very visual, easy to draw and the moves are easy to remember. I am glad you like it too, Greg.
How about this? Have the spectator choose from an imaginary row of four coins(penny nickel dime quarter). Then have them flip the imaginary coin and decide if it landed heads or tails up. Your prediction would read something like "the quarter is heads up". This gives the spectator two free choices while still limiting the outcome to eight outs.
Brandon, that is Positive/Negative by Max Maven.

Philemon, Egg Nog is a Christmas drink. You need Mincemeat Pie (my father's favorite) and gravy... and who can forget turducken.
Doh, didn't read through the whole thread first.
[quote]
On 2009-11-05 14:31, gkfreed wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-11-05 09:26, weapon wrote:
[/quote]

Spectator names any coin (Penny, Nickel, Dime, Quarter) flips it. Heads or Tails.

Voila! IMO,this may be the easiest (memory work) and most direct use of the Iforce so far.
[/quote]

Hey now that is a great idea, perfect #!
Hi guys,

Sorry that I haven't been able to follow the thread. I got a real bad case of food poisoning. But I got it all out of the system now.

Ever since you mentioned Positive/Negative by Max Maven, I've been performing it. I always do it with a real coin mainly because it leads into my 3 coin prediction and it insures a silent response (no voice recognition false method).

keep your fingers crossed for a quick approval of iForce V1.1 from Apple,
Greg Rostami
Hi Greg, is version 1.1 going to be a upgrade or a separate app?
[quote]
On 2009-10-30 04:35, Quinn wrote:

And judging by the way this thread is going, some greedy b@st@rd is going to ask this eventually, so it might as well be me: Greg, any plans for a 12-out version?
[/quote]

What about making one of the eight flip outs revert to the springboard? You could then use the eight springboard outs for a total of fifteen! If you add a column to the springboard, you would have an additional four outs, giving you nineteen(!) The pocket index is officially obsolete.

I have a few ideas for the Iforce:

First is the classic "37" force. Ask the spectator to think of any two digit number less than fifty with two different digits, both odd. There are only seven: 13, 15, 17, 31, 35, 37, and 39.

Second is a drawing duplication. Begin by asking the spectator to draw a simple shape. Index a circle, square, triangle, rectangle, star, parallelogram, trapezoid, and pentagon. Next, ask them to draw something simple that is NOT a shape. The vast majority of people will draw one of the following: house, car, stick figure, smiley face, boat, four legged animal,or tree. If you ask for a "warm" image, you can limit the likely possibilities even more. For the eighth out, use a universal drawing, an example of which can be found in Banacheck's "Psychological Subtleties."

Third, use to predict the results of a "which hand?" effect. Using one of various methods, you correctly determine in which hand, left or right, the spectator is holding an object. Outlaw Products' "the Relic" provides a gimmick that allows you to not only predict the hand, but also whether heads up or down. After correctly "guessing" three times, you turn over the prediction you made earlier to reveal that you correctly determined before the experiment even began the results of each trial! This uses the same setup as the "heads/tails" effect, substituting left/right. This also allows you to use one of the various psychological approaches (such as Patrick Redford's "Prevaricator" or Jerome Finley's "Thought Channel") without fear of failure since you can always end the effect successfully with an accurate prediction.

Fourth, a presentation of Peter Nardi's "Short List" effect from his DVD for the Stealth Assassin Wallet. Keep seven postcards of awful but funny travel locations and one of a beautiful and exotic location. Prepare eight numbered lists as your outs with the "good" location at each of the eight numbers sequentially and the bad locations filling in the remaining numbers. Bring out the postcards face down and tell the spectator that you would like them to help you choose your vacation destination. Say that you will write the destinations on a list on your Iphone. Place the Iphone down and ask them to select a number. Once they do, turn the post cards face up and go through them to show each of the locations. It will be clear that only one is good. Finally, turn over the Iphone to reveal they chose the only good location.

Fifth, someone already mentioned a Tic-Tac-Toe game. Jay Sankey has an effect called "Xs and OhMyGod" to which the Iforce would be excellently suited.

My favorite application is one that I don't want to post publically, but I will tip it to anyone who PM's me.
OMG lumberjohn,

You've got enough ideas to fill up a book.

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm at an Apple store now, messing with the Apple techs, but when I get back later this afternoon, I'll PM you.

take care,
Greg Rostami
If you have Joshua Quinn's excellent book, "Paralies," you will see that Iforce can work exceptionally well in conjunction with "Thought Chunnel." This will allow you to demonstrate at the end of the effect that you not only know what the spectator is thinking, but that you influenced their thought process all along. Those of you with the book will know what I'm talking about. Those of you who don't should pick up the book immediately!
[quote]
On 2009-11-12 18:32, lumberjohn wrote:
If you have Joshua Quinn's excellent book, "Paralies," you will see that Iforce can work exceptionally well in conjunction with "Thought Chunnel." This will allow you to demonstrate at the end of the effect that you not only know what the spectator is thinking, but that you influenced their thought process all along. Those of you with the book will know what I'm talking about. Those of you who don't should pick up the book immediately!
[/quote]

I don't see how this could work. The # of words are pretty large in the chunneling process. How could you weedle them down to the number needed for iForce?

I also got this idea that you could do with an Al Koran deck (like a Mind power deck without gaffed cards); instead of having them just look at a card, show the whole deck as fair face up, then have them choose on by hand as normal. Do some form of out jog so you can peek, and then just flip the iPhone, and wahla!
Hi magicFreak2,

I have a good friend that uses the Al Koran deck with iForce . . . it's a great idea, it gets a great reaction, and the reveal is the card . . . NOT the iPhone.

Greg Rostami
In Manila, when we talk about coins, we have four different types: Quarter, Peso, Five pesos and Ten Pesos. If you would try to do a revised "Positive Negative" routine with this, you can have two options for each coin (heads/tails) which comes down to eight choices!

So I start with an invisible purse where the spectator would pull up any local coin. They would name it. I let them flip it and get any result. I call it the perfect Positive Negative :D
Someone mentioned the bowling effect... I'm just wondering how this would work. Isn't there more than 8 amounts of pins the bowler can knock down?
MagicFreak2, I've PM'd you with the details.

For those of you interested in drawing duplications, here's a few more points. First, you should tailor your outs to the spectator for whom your are performing. Women are going to be more likely to make drawing with faces and ones that are more rounded while men are more likely to draw impersonal objects and use more angles. You might want two presets, one for men and one for women. I've found Children more likely to draw animals.

Of course, there is no guarantee your spectator is going to draw one of your outs. But that's okay! If they don't, you just choose whichever of your outs is closest to what they drew. You could also use an idea from Greg Arce ("Six Degrees of Separation") and select an out that has some connection to what your spectator drew that you allow your spectators to make for you.

The spectators will have to admit that you got pretty close. At this point, you offer to repeat the effect. After a few repeats, they will be impressed that you are always "in the ballpark," which makes the effect seem more like real telepathy and less like a magic trick. You can explain that you are gradually "honing in" on their thoughts. This also increases the odds that one of your outs will be drawn, which makes a great ending after getting close several times.
Hi jprace, you gotta read max mavens original routine to fully understand how you can get covered for all the pins..
Here's a new routine that I started playing with yesterday. This was inspired by an idea from lumberjohn (thank you John, it's REALLY good).

Make sure there are 16 or less different items on a table. You demonstrate how certain words in marketing can influence decisions to buy or reject an item.

Start by writing the item for sale using "Doodle". ;)

"From ALL the items on the table I'm gonna try to sell you ONE of them, I've already written down which item it is . . . let me demonstrate how well these marketing words work."

Have the spec pick any 2 items on the table and then try to use marketing words to influence their decision to buy (keep) one of the two. Let's say they pick fork and napkin, you say "soft napkin, sharp fork" . . . no matter which one they pick, you act like that's exactly the one you were trying to "sell" to them. Remind them how THEY picked both items and THEY eliminated one.

You then pick 2 items (make sure BOTH items are NOT in your preset) and once again you try to sell them on one of the two.(It doesn't matter which one they eliminate since both items are NOT in your preset).

Alternate like this back and forth until you narrow down the decision to only 2 items, and they get to buy (keep) whichever one they want. You turn over the iPhone, and take a bow.

may the Force be with you,
Greg Rostami

P.S. I wonder if Max Maven has an iPhone with iForce on it?!
Greg,

That is a great variation. I would add only one thing. Once you are done with the effect as Greg describes it, offer to repeat it one more time. But this time, you will use fewer items (presets only here) and you will skip the item by item eliminations. Give a short description of each object and ask your spectator to choose the one they now find to be the most appealing. You can of course reveal that they have chosen the item you were attempting to "sell" them. This second phase will cancel out any thought they may have that the elimination process was part of the method and leave them with nothiing to hang onto.
How about using iForce in the old saw where you quickly determine the total of the hidden sides of stacked dice?

Perform the routine in the standard manner the first 2-3 times, each time with 1 more die than the previous time (start with 2 dice, repeat with 3 dice, then repeat with 4 dice). The final time, you mention you have a good enough idea of how they tend to stack the dice that you're going to try and predict the total before they even stack the dice.

This is when you bring out your iphone/ipod touch and use "Doodle" to make your prediction (etc., etc.).

Because of the use of 4 dice at this point, and the myriad ways they could all be stacked (which you should build up in your presentation), it seems like there's no end to the totals, but if you know how the dice bit works, you'll realize you only need 6 different outs.

For those of you with Mind Blasters 2, this could also be adapted to the approach in Martin Jacobs' [i]Sum The Spots[/i].
Fellow Jedi . . .

Scott, I'm not familiar with the effect that you're describing with the dice, but I'm happy that you've been able to adapt it to iForce.

John, what can I say, you are always one step ahead of me . . . As always GREAT THINKING.

Yesterday, Apple approved the new version of "Doodle".

You'll first notice that the app is now simply called "Doodle" . . . it no longer has the exclamation (!) at the end.

Next, you'll notice one of the new upcoming features in the new iForce 1.1 :

SAVE/LOAD drawings . . .

We really wanted to make the app act more like a traditional "Doodle" program that would obviously give you the ability to save/load your drawings.

If you have "Doodle" let me know what you think.
Greg Rostami

P.S. Anxiously waiting for Apple to release iForce 1.1
[quote]
On 2009-11-18 10:16, Greg Rostami wrote:
Fellow Jedi . . .

Scott, I'm not familiar with the effect that you're describing with the dice, but I'm happy that you've been able to adapt it to iForce.
[/quote]

[url=http://www.puzzles.com/PuzzlePlayground/ThreeDiceSum/ThreeDiceSum.htm]Here's the basic challenge[/url], and [url=http://www.puzzles.com/PuzzlePlayground/ThreeDiceSum/ThreeDiceSumSol.htm]here's the method[/url].

Since a die can only be one of six sides up, you only need six different outs. You could even let the spectator decide the number of dice (2, 3, 4, 5...), and have 1 set-up in iForce for each (if he chooses 3, simply touch your 3-dice set-up, if he chooses 4, touch your 4-dice set-up, and so on)!
Scott . . .

That is just TOO COOL . . . Once again, it allows you to have the reveal be something other then the iPhone.

Thank you so much for sharing,
Greg Rostami
I think saving/loading drawings is a step-down.

I have had a few people think that the drawings are already saved on the ipod. When they examined it, they were able to see for themselves that there is no way to save and load drawings.

I think adding this feature puts a method in the spectator's mind, and even if it's not correct, to them it is.
Hi jprace,

I've been reading your posts a lot this past month. How many times do you perform iForce for your spectators? I ask because maybe too many performances can tip a method.

Our aim is to make "Doodle" a logical, yet simple, paint program. The most simple paint programs on the iPhone have a SAVE feature. If an app DIDN'T have a save feature then THAT is what makes it more suspicious. I guess what I'm saying is that now, I've heard both sides of this argument.

I've been performing a version of iForce for 3 months now. I don't think I have ever heard someone mention they think the drawings are saved on the ipod.

Maybe it's the way that I'm performing it, but they swear that I wrote down the prediction and just flipped over the iPhone to show it to them. When I examine my body language, I'm constantly asking myself "What would I do if this was REAL?"

Here's something interesting that I've been doing lately with my friends and family standing behind me (these are people that already know the method).

After I write down my prediction, I show it to my wife standing next to me as I say, "I'm gonna show my prediction to her".
When the spec reveals the prediction not only do I react, but my wife reacts too BEFORE I turn over the iPhone.

Once again, if you could really look into the future, you would write down a prediction, and maybe even show it to someone. When the future happens, the person that had seen your prediction would react even stronger then you.

take care,
Greg Rostami
[quote]
On 2009-11-18 10:16, Greg Rostami wrote:
Yesterday, Apple approved the new version of "Doodle".

You'll first notice that the app is now simply called "Doodle" . . . it no longer has the exclamation (!) at the end.[/quote]

Excellent news. Next request/suggestion: remove the "code name" and all instances of the word "Doodle" from the iForce description. Why? Because when you search the app store for "doodle," not only does iForce still show up, but it ranks higher than the Doodle app (or at least, it did for me a few minutes ago).
Hi Quinn,

Your request has already been done. We're just waiting for Apple to approve the new iForce 1.1 that implements all these changes. It should be any day now.

Greg Rostami
I got iForce last week and I absolutely love it. It's easy to use, I was using it on that same night. I totally agree with the use of 16 drawings if you use the false springboard rather than the 8 given.
Also, a preset I came up with (because a friend asked me to predict two directions instead of one) is two directions, not including corners. up+right, right+down, etc. I also made a preset that uses the four aces out of a deck of cards. Really awesome app, well worth 3$. Thanks!
[url=http://cli.gs/iForceOnAppStore]iForce[/url] has just been updated on the iTunes store!
Hello friends,

As Scott has already stated, Apple approved iForce version 1.1 . . . We've made almost all of the changes and additions to the program that you'd asked for. Here's a list of what's new in iForce v1.1 :

• Added Save/Load Doodle feature
• Removed (codename: Doodle) from application name
• Changed App Store icon to the iForce hand with lightning
• Added new tip popup to show new users how to find the instruction manual
• Instruction video lengths are now displayed
• Made accessing the secret iForce screens less likely to be stumbled upon
• Simultaneously added new "Doodle" application to the App Store for the secret seekers. "Doodle" is a replica of iForce, minus the magic. Encourage your audience to download and try "Doodle". All they will find is a simple painting app. :)

We realize that there is still an issue with iPhones/iPod Touches App stores displaying the Doodle icon for iForce. We're in contact with Apple to try to resolve this. If someone searched for Doodle on a PC or Mac the icons are different, but on an iDevice they are the same.

Randy and I would love to hear some of your thoughts on the new iForce.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
My only problem is that iForce still shows up when you search "doodle." I think the search might look past the name, but search in the description of the app. I suggest maybe using the word "sketch" instead of "doodle."

I still believe turning of the magic part of the app should be possible, just in case if you know you are not going to perform it a while.

Otherwise I'm digging it!
Hi Jeff,

If you've been playing with the new version, you've probably noticed that the ONLY way of going into the secret pages is by using the 2 finger swipe down. In fact if you 2 finger swipe in any other direction it will not work. This is gonna make it harder for anyone to accidentally stumble onto the secret.

As I stated in my previous post, we're trying to fix iForce showing up when you search for "Doodle" . . . iForce showing up is NOT the problem . . . the rainbow icon is the problem. If the iForce icon looked like the hand with lightning everything would be fine, but now it's not.

We hope that Apple will helpus resolve this,
Greg Rostami
Oh thanks for the response, Greg.

I never realized you needed to swipe downwards. It's a nice addition, though.

I understand there is a problem with the icon, but I thought the whole point of removing the "codename: Doodle" was to eliminate iForce from search results when one searches for "doodle." That's not the case; as removing the second half of the title did not remove iForce from the search results.
Randy and I think we have a solution . . . But until then here's what you can do for the secret seekers.

Simply encourage them to search for "Recreation Software". That's the name of the fake company that Randy came up with to represent "Doodle".

The reason why you'll tell your spectators to search for "Recreation Software" is:

"If you search for "Doodle" you'll find 100's of programs that are NOT what you're looking for, but if you search for the publisher, you'll find it instantly."

When they do the search for "Recreation Software", they will see "Doodle" on top of the list.

I hope this helps you out a little bit,
Greg Rostami
I'd use it in conjunction with the Kennedy MindPower Deck.
Hi Scott,

I totally agree with you. I'd discussed that on another thread, but I'm glad that you brought it up again.

Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

First, both Randy and I would like to thank all of you for your support of iForce over the last month. Your generous words and reviews have really inspired us.

Unfortunately, given the secret nature of magic, there's a dark side to what's happened ever since we released iForce.

After 4 days of our release, we noticed an unusually high surge in one star ratings on the App Store. None of those one star ratings had any comments, hence we had no idea why people didn't like our App. We had 3 theories for the one star ratings:

1. People didn't understand iForce
2. Our competition was posting one star ratings
3. The magic community was trying to hide iForce from others

In the last 2 days we now KNOW that almost all of the one star ratings are from reason 3. We started a month ago with a solid 5 star rating, now we're down to 3 stars. Here are a few of the one star ratings:

Amazing!
by holymuffinman on Nov 23, 2009 v1.1
“As long as this app stays on the down low, it will be great. Rate it low so people don’t find out about it.”

Awesom
by stasyschneider on Nov 23, 2009 v1.1
“I love but I don't want everybody to know about it!:)”

Nice
by Ticktack12345 on Nov 23, 2009 v1.1
“This app is awesome. I’m rating it down so word doesn’t get out on it.”

And we suspect that other 1 star ratings are for the same reason as above . . .

Much Too Easy for the Average Spectator to Figure Out
by punkin puss and mushmouse on Nov 1, 2009 v1.0
“Looks kind of cool and I had fun playing around with it, but people are not really fooled and they know the hijinks is app related. Gets boring real fast. I added an extra star to my rating though becuase the developers over-hyping of this app is top notch!”

So . . . what I'm about to say is directed towards the people that have been dishonestly giving us bad ratings.

Giving iForce a one star rating so that it is harder to find will only hurt our ability to produce future fabulous apps like this one. Please, rate the app with an honest rating.

There are almost 7 billion people in the world, and only about 50 million iPhones/iPod Touches. iForce is on a very very small fraction of those devices. The chances of you performing for someone that knows about iForce is 1 in 200,000 . . . trust me, you've got NOTHING to worry about.

We perform iForce more then any other trick. We've NEVER had someone say "I already know about iForce."

We've done SO much to accommodate our users in the magic community:

1. Make iForce affordable to everyone
2. We've put all of our marketing money ONLY in the magic community (we haven't marketed to the general masses)
3. Create Recreation Software with "Doodle" for the secret-seekers
4. Remove all instances of the word "Doodle" in any of the search words for iForce
5. Make sure people don't accidentally stumble onto the secret screens.

So with that said, please help us continue the future development of iForce and our other amazing magic apps. If you haven't done so already, please visit our page on the app store and give us your honest rating.
iForceOnAppStore

I don't wanna sound cliche, but you've only seen the tip of the ice berg.

Thank you for your time,
Greg Rostami
Message: Posted by: Bernardo Rodriguez (Nov 24, 2009 10:44PM)
I was recently messing with this app and had a few ideas using it...
One is using the "Crossroads Concept" by Ben Harris. If you have the book you will udnerstand it works perfectly, but if you don't have it I highly recommend it.

Another idea iw as messing with was the diffrent kinds of sodas such as Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Mountain Dew, Orange soda, Grape soda, etc. maybe change it up by adding coffee, tea and what not.

Just Ideas,

Bernardo Rodriguez
Message: Posted by: Bernardo Rodriguez (Nov 24, 2009 10:56PM)
Funny enough I jsut had another strange idea...
What if you had it set on the repeat mode (if you ahve it you should know) and you start of with a blank screen and drawl in a puff of smoke with a demonic ring around it or something such as a wijii board handle piece. Then you have it face down and freak friends out by asking it yes or no questions or other stuff. Maybe even know personal information ahead of time =].

Just A Fun Idea,

Bernardo Rodriguez
Bernardo, I'm loving the ouija board set up. I have some great personal info on a friend of mine. He'll freak when my phone tells him things that he thinks no one knows.

Great idea!
Message: Posted by: Bernardo Rodriguez (Nov 25, 2009 10:53AM)
Hey thanks man...
I also thought of another idea last night, but didn't share it.
It was another idea using the repeat mode (again if you have it you should know) and it was the idea of maybe using it for a miracle evolution type effect. For example since screen is blank you drawl a balloon then you turn it over and snap and when you show it again it's inflated. Then maybe after it gets bigger then pops. Just an idea. Maybe even a caterpillar to butterfly type thing. I have just been trying to find ways to make repeat mode used to advantage and also other fun ideas you can use iforce for.

Have Fun,

Bernardo Rodriguez
The catapullar to butterfly has given me an idea. I could do a tribute to my pregnant girlfriend, showing her getting bigger and bigger. But then again......she's quite insecure about her bump, and it will probably set her hormones off, and I'll be on the sofa tonight.

On a serious note, I like the balloon idea. You could come up with some sort of story, and have iForce narrate it for you, kind of like a kids book??

I need to get my brain in gear and think of some more idea's
Message: Posted by: Bernardo Rodriguez (Nov 25, 2009 04:20PM)
Yeah that would be a neat way to tell a story by having it on repeat mode and maybe having it go with an existing story.. such as I'm taking home a baby bumble bee, wont my mommy be so proud of me haha

Just Something To Mess With,

Bernardo Rodriguez
For those of you who do versions of the 10-card poker deal, there are only a few different hands for your winning hand, and before you even look at your hand, you can determine what your hand as soon as your opponent's hand is shown. This means iForce can be useful here.

Let's say you're doing a version of the 10-card poker deal with the AS as the Jonah card, and the other cards are 3 Kings, 3 Queens and 3 Jacks (obviously, this would be changed to suit your particular cards).

Ignoring suits, there are 12 different hands you can possibly have. How can we cover 12 possibilities with iForce? You'll need 7 predictions ready:

Two pair: Jacks & Queens
Two pair: Jacks & Kings
Two pair: Queens & Kings
Three of a Kind: Jacks
Three of a Kind: Queens
Three of a Kind: Kings
Full House

Yep, we cheat by combining all 6 full houses into 1 prediction! If you want, you could round it out with an 8th prediction of a particular full house (say "Full House: Jacks and Queens"), and use that one if you happen to hit that one, but that's up to your preferences.

In your routine, you start by writing on the iPhone the hand you hope to get as the winning hand (actually setting up iForce for the routine). Good line here: "I'm writing down what I'd like as my winning hand. Actually, I'd [i]like[/i] a Royal Flush, but considering the cards we're using, that's a longshot."

You then proceed in your favorite 10-card deal up to the point where your spectator's hand is shown first. When you see your spectator's hand, you can easily determine what your hand will be.

If they have a pair, you will have 2 pair.
If they have 2 pair, you will have 3 of a kind.
If they have 3 of a kind, you will have a full house.

Further, if their pair is, say, a pair of Jacks, it's obvious that your 2 pair will be Queens and Kings.
If their 2 pair is, say, Jacks and Queens, it's obvious that your 3 of a kind will be Kings.
If they have 3 of a kind, you know you have a full house, and don't need to worry about the exact contents of your hand (unless you use the specific full house idea mentioned earlier).

So, after turning their hand over, you quickly and mentally determine what's in your hand, then turn over your iPhone appropriately to show the hand for which you were hoping as a winning hand. You then turn over your hand, which matches the description on your iPhone!
Message: Posted by: Bernardo Rodriguez (Nov 26, 2009 09:36PM)
That's a very neat way of using Iforce...

Bernardo Rodriguez
Thanks, Bernardo!

Another idea: If you have some sort of box that's just big enough to hold your iPhone/iPod Touch (and allow you to pick it up & turn it over), and that you can lock with a key lock, you can do "Key To The Future", from [i]Max Maven's VideoMind Phase Two: Close-Up Mentalism[/i].
Hi Scott,

LOVE the box idea . . . Now that is COOL!!!

Greg Rostami
Message: Posted by: Bernardo Rodriguez (Nov 27, 2009 09:36AM)
Haha very nice idea...

Bernardo Rodriguez
How does updates work? Do we need to buy updates or like what :P?

Also for Ideas, I have
Burger King / McDonald's:
4 Presets
1. Burger
2. Fries
3. Onion Rings
4. Soda
Something like, you go to Burger King and order a whopper meal, imagine sitting down, now whats the first thing you will eat? Will you take a bite out of the burger, or maybe eat some Fries? You can even get a sip of soda. So what will it be, what do you do first?

Then you can use the top 4 major mail serves
Yahoo
Google
Hot Mail
Aim
A great update idea is a watermark effect.

You doodle yourself a red box in the corner and then tell the person to doodle their initials in it.

Then by the powerful Greg and his coding skills, the red box and its contents will overlap every preset.

Then tell them you are going to write your prediction with their initials still there.

:) Just another ace in the hole to make the trick more real.
Hi Qwertzy,

All I can say is we're already playing with something like that right now, but even BETTER.

Stay Tuned,
You're all going to be SHOCKED soon . . .
Greg Rostami
Im a coder myself, or just a computer nerd. Im a web developer, amateur programmer, I own a dedi with 12 domains, and I get paid for a living in making CMS's or other stuff.

So any new coding I come into I like to learn, at the moment I'm learning FaceBook API, I want to get iTouch SDK but I don't own a Mac.

bummer
By default you should also have Heads or Tails 2x for easy.
BTW I posted this in another forum... but if you own Powerball 60 and Iforce.. your god.. check my post

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=334204&forum=109&post=6372181
[url=http://cli.gs/iForceOnAppStore]iForce 1.2[/url] is now available on the App Store!
I love the added passcode! A great idea.

The only problem I'm having with it is that after I pick my preset, I have to re-enter the password to do a three finger swipe down.
As the holiday season approaches, you might ask, "Which of Santa's reindeer is your favorite?"

Regards, Steve

P.S. - Remember, it's "Donder," not "Donner." :)
I like the reindeer idea, but as to whether you should use "Donder" (Dutch for "Thunder") or "Donner" (German for "Thunder") should be determined by what your audience thinks is the reindeer's name.

Heck, it's iForce - just have 2 different presets (one set with Donder and one set with Donner), and ask your spectator to name all of Santa's reindeer before you choose your preset, so you know which one to use.

The alternative is trying to correct your audience, which never comes across as being effective.

BTW, to avert people naming Rudolph, you should probably specify the reindeer from the poem [i]A Visit From St. Nicholas[/i].
Hi Scot,

The "Donder" vs "Donner" thing in my post was really in jest. Most everyone I know says, "Donner," even though Clement Clarke Moore's poem calls the reindeer, "Donder" (although there is apparently some controversy about Moore even being the author).

I think using "Donner" is fine and I will just have that name in my preset and like your idea about having the spec name the reindeer.

Regards, Steve
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Dec 14, 2009 02:55PM)
When doing predictions, sometimes getting close is far more effective than getting it spot on.
[quote]
On 2009-11-10 14:24, BrandonWilliams wrote:
How about this? Have the spectator choose from an imaginary row of four coins(penny nickel dime quarter). Then have them flip the imaginary coin and decide if it landed heads or tails up. Your prediction would read something like "the quarter is heads up". This gives the spectator two free choices while still limiting the outcome to eight outs.
[/quote]

Hi Brandon,

Your idea got me thinking and I tried this out and got a great reaction: Having placed my iPhone on a table, I asked a spec to reach into her purse and pull out the first coin she found and then "flip" it to see if it came up "heads" or "tails." She did so (it was a dime and came up "tails"). I turned over my iPhone and she was amazed :)

I think by having the spec pull out an actual coin you avoid "limiting" their choices to only four coins by telling them to imagine either a penny, nickel, dime, or quarter. In reality, of course, they are essentially limited to those four (at least in the U.S.), but I think it is not as apparent that they are limited. Of course if they pull out a half dollar or silver dollar, ignore the phone for the time being and go into a coin routine, finish it, and then ask them to pull out another coin.

Regards, Steve
Anyone considering entering the contest?

Randy
Yes . . .
Anyone considering entering the contest?

So far only 2 people have contacted me about entering the contest. Hence the chances of Randy or the other person winning the $300 is currently 50%.

Greg Rostami
Fellow conjurers, enter so we can exchange ideas and explore different avenues to go down with this cool utility, not solely for the money! If you have a great idea of just want to send in a video that is some stuff we already have discussed, then do it! The prizes are great but this could be a great way for us to really get some thoughts brewing on this. There are I am sure some real gems out there...but we can't brainstorm if nobody enters!

Randy
I have been doing golf scores. Pae, Bogey, double bogey,triple bogey,birdie, eagle, double eagle,albatross
Awesome! I wish I had known a couple days ago...I went golfing with my son and could have used that.
Hello friends . . .

iForce has been submitted to the 2009 Best App Ever Awards for the category of "Most Creative Use of iPhone Hardware" at:

http://bestappever.com/c/cuap/331480970/nom

If you could give us a vote, Randy and I would really appreciate it.

thank you,
Greg Rostami
Here is something to laugh at! A few minutes ago I get in my car on the way to the local coffee shop to film my IForce routine to submit for the contest and as I am driving I mentally check off the things I need to be sure I remembered them and I suddenly realize...duh!...I obviously can't use my IPhone to tape the routine!!!

I guess I need to find a video camera. It's so crazy how much we depend on our phones nowadays!

Randy
I have purposely stayed away from most iphone/iTouch effects because the couple I had just seemed too "electronic" if you know what I mean. However, I am glad I broke down and gave this a try. AMAZING idea and it allows so much freedom of thought.... I love this and get wonderful reactions no matter which idea I choose to go with.

I love going to a party and using names of people at the party....way simple compared to much of the thinking here...but it draws nice reactions.. I sure appreciate all of the sharing with regard to this great effect.

If you have an iphone and or itouch...do yourself a favor and spend a couple bucks. It's the most value for the money spent I can think of....

Best,

Bobby
[quote]
On 2009-11-21 20:10, Greg Rostami wrote:
Randy and I think we have a solution . . . But until then here's what you can do for the secret seekers.

Simply encourage them to search for "Recreation Software". That's the name of the fake company that Randy came up with to represent "Doodle".

The reason why you'll tell your spectators to search for "Recreation Software" is:

"If you search for "Doodle" you'll find 100's of programs that are NOT what you're looking for, but if you search for the publisher, you'll find it instantly."

When they do the search for "Recreation Software", they will see "Doodle" on top of the list.

I hope this helps you out a little bit,
Greg Rostami
[/quote]

Good idea... However, iForce does show up as the 1st entry under "Customers also bought"... but I'm not too concerned. I will wear this thing out until I start running into a problem....I'm willing to bet it won't become an issue :)
[quote]
On 2009-12-24 15:15, bobbyk wrote:
iForce does show up as the 1st entry under "Customers also bought"... but I'm not too concerned. I will wear this thing out until I start running into a problem....I'm willing to bet it won't become an issue :)
[/quote]

Wow Bobby,

We had never anticipated THAT! LOL

I'm afraid there isn't much that we can do about that. Hopefully when more people buy Doodle that have not bought iForce, then that trend will change.

Greg Rostami
I really, really am spoiled by the IForce! I have been looking at all the other apps for the IPhone/IPod that are "magic" related, not only the ones from ITunes but also from all the other sources and they are cool and all but NOTHING compares to the IForce!

I wouldn't call it a mistake necessarily, but I don't even give the other apps a chance because the IForce is literally as close to mind reading as you can get without being an actual mindreader! Although your spectators will believe you are an actual mindreader.

As much as I suggest you get this very affordable app, I hope you don't get it...because I want it all for myself! If you haven't seen it yet, just hang in there because I am showing EVERYONE I get a chance to perform for and eventually I will get to you, in due time.

Randy

P.S. Get it! Now! No, wait, no, don't! Well, yeah, go for it! No, don't! Wait, OK OK, get the thing!
I have run into situations recently where the spectator asked me if the phone was voice-activated. Has anyone had this same thing come up?
Hi FredNarlo,

I only have an IPod Touch - when I've had the voice activation thing mentioned to me I got away with the realisation that the 8GB version doesn't actually have a mic on it! (see, cheapskate me has BENEFITTED from buying the cheapest one for my daughter - who incidentaly isn't getting her hands on her Christmas present at all just now!!!!)
If they suspect voice activation, let them. Have them write it down or show you fingers for a count. In fact, let them think it is voice related (by discounting it) and lead them that way. Then (under feigned duress) say you will give it a try with them writing it down on a slip of paper and then place that paper on top of the face down phone. Pull off paper and show to all and then immediately reveal phone screen with correct guess with no sound. Then they will think the camera was used on the paper facing it, so once again, lead them that way and write it down and put the paper on table, etc. No where else to go.
I have used the arrow preset that it comes with in response to the thought of it being voice-activated. I was really just curious if other people have experienced it also...
[quote]
On 2009-12-27 11:25, ksoze wrote:
If they suspect voice activation, let them. Have them write it down or show you fingers for a count. In fact, let them think it is voice related (by discounting it) and lead them that way. Then (under feigned duress) say you will give it a try with them writing it down on a slip of paper and then place that paper on top of the face down phone. Pull off paper and show to all and then immediately reveal phone screen with correct guess with no sound. Then they will think the camera was used on the paper facing it, so once again, lead them that way and write it down and put the paper on table, etc. No where else to go.
[/quote]

I agree that escalating false methods is a great convincer, but there's one negative to having them use pen-n-paper . . .
If there's pen-n-paper already there, then why are you using your iPhone for the prediction?
Why don't you just use the paper that's already here for your prediction?

If you look at the presets that we've given you, we intentionally chose routines that can be easily performed without spoken words. Let me go through each preset and how they can be performed 100% silent:

1-8 "Inter" - hold up the number with your fingers.
ESP Symbols - draw the shape that you're thinking of with your finger in the air.
Money - bring out the bill from your wallet
Arrows - they are pointing at the table . . . there are no words
Heads or Tails 3X - the coins are in any orientation on the table . . . once again no words
Foods - have them whisper their favorite type of food to you.

If you look at some of the other ideas on this page:
http://www.rostamimagic.com/iforce/ideas.html

You'll notice many of these ideas can be adapted so that you can perform in silence.

Greg Rostami
I started a topic about this idea . . . but I wanted to post it here also for the sake of the topic of this thread:

I've been recently having TONS of fun blowing minds with this new twist on PowerBall 60.

Bring out the first 3 Lottery tickets from PowerBall 60.

"Think of a number from 1 to 60".

"I bought these 3 lottery tickets today. If you see your number on any one of these cards put it in your pocket , if not leave it face down on the table . . . I'll stand far away so I can't see any part of the tickets."

After the spec does as you instructed, as you're walking back towards them . . .

"I don't have pen-n-paper on me . . . let me write down my prediction on my iPhone . . ." (iForce BABY!!)

I've created 8 presets on iForce they are labeled "PowerBall 0", "PowerBall 1" . . . "PowerBall 7"

Each preset has 8 numbers drawn in them . . .

For preset "0" the numbers are 0, 8, 16, 24, 32, 40, 48, 56
For preset "1" the numbers are 1, 9, 17, 25, 33, 41, 49, 57
For preset "2" the numbers are 2, 10, 18, 26, 34, 42, 50, 58
For preset "3" the numbers are 3, 11, 19, 27, 35, 43, 51, 59
For preset "4" the numbers are 4, 12, 20, 28, 36, 44, 52, 60
For preset "5" the numbers are 5, 13, 21, 29, 37, 45, 53, NOTHING
For preset "6" the numbers are 6, 14, 22, 30, 38, 46, 54, NOTHING
For preset "7" the numbers are 7, 15, 23, 31, 39, 47, 55, NOTHING

I use the original PowerBall method, but instead of adding up to 60, you only add up to 7!!! (Since you're only using 3 cards)

As I pretend to write down the prediction, I choose the correct preset (0-7) to perform, pretend to write something on the screen, and leave it face down on the table.

"I've already written down my prediction. I can't change my mind. For the first time can you hold up with your fingers which number you were thinking of."

They show the 2 digits of their number with there fingers . . . I flip over the iPhone and wait for the gasps.

Here are the pros:
You're only using 3 LOTTERY TICKETS!!!
The REALLY smart specs will realize there are only 7 or 8 possibilities with 3 tickets . . . so where does he get 60 from ?! ;-)

And the cons:
You're using an extra tech prop (iPhone)
They must reveal their number BEFORE you flip over the iPhone.

I would love to hear what you think,
Greg Rostami
[quote]If there's pen-n-paper already there, then why are you using your iPhone for the prediction? Why don't you just use the paper that's already here for your prediction? [/quote]

I agree totally Greg, however in my amateur, casual uses, the phone is usually the elephant in the room that is hard to hide.

As much as the suggested masked spontaneity forces (or iForces) one to reach for the phone as a substitute writing pad, in practice it requires the right environment (no writing stuff nearby) and some good acting which is much tougher with familiar people. This is probably also compounded by the fact that the iPhone is such a multi-utility device now that it is always out in hand and many times in use when the opportunity for a trick comes up. I have used those opportunities to spring the trick and just happen to be in Doodle when the idea for a cool trick is posed.

With all that said, even if the phone is suspected to be the source somehow of the "magic", the immense flexibility of the app makes identifying the how part a very task for most. I find watching someone think they know how it's done and then having that dashed away some of the most fun of the trick.
Expanding upon Qwertzy's idea with the four email providers Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, and MSN (or eight including Hotmail, AIM, local .edu, or local provider) ... one can use it as a way to get contact information. When it's time to swap email, break out iTouch (or iPhone) and use your favorite line for using iTouch instead of pen and paper. Say you'd like to predict what their email is. When they say it, use your flip or springboard to have it come up with the correct provider (written at the bottom, of course) and then fill in their name (the part before the @) and click save. 2 for 1 !

-Matt
Here's my idea:

It's vaguely based on my trick Scribbles of Destiny, which also uses a Doodle Application on an iPhone/iPod Touch. Scribbles of Destiny was published in the January 2010 issue of Genii Magazine.

Make all of the presets the same "prediction." However, in this presentation, they presets won't act as a prediction, but rather the outcome to a magical effect.

Open Doodle and get to your preset. I like to do this by pretending to write something secret on the device, but then quickly realizing that this can be done out in the open. Let's say my preset is a playing card, such as the Queen of Diamonds. I would force the card (or whatever the preset might be) on the spectator. Openly make random scribbles and marks on the device, in a manner similar to Richard Sanders' Identity.

Then, you are going to raise the device, and let it fall. On the third time, you openly bring the device parallel to the ground, which will secretly access the presets. Then, just like before, let the device fall. It will look as if the random marks and scribbles morphed into the selected card.

I refer to letting the device fall. Here, I am using a leather flip case and holding it on the top. This way, and can drop the half with the device in it, and keep a grasp on the top flap.

I know this sounds very confusing; however, I include a performance of this on my iForce contest submission. It's the first thing I perform in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WooFXCjD7XM

Thanks,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I thought your use of the flip case was very creative. Keep thinking outside the box (I really hate that phrase :)

Regards, Steve
I looked and did not see this mentioned.

Does anyone still play Clue?
Rope
Candlestick
revolver
knife
lead pipe
wrench

I don't have the game so I am going to have to have them write it down.
Here is an idea I use usually use when I go out to eat with friends. I will usually have five to ten items selected and then I have two friends play a game of elimination, eliminating the objects one at a time (i usually use the same elimination process as the PATEO Force where one person chooses two items and the other person eliminates one). They go back and forth until they are left with one item, which matches the prediction. Please let me know what you think.
Here is another way I present a preset. This one uses the dollar preset.

Here is an example of the script I will use.

"Gina (or whatever their name is), since I don't have any paper or pen on me, I am going to write something interesting on my ipod." I write something and exit out of the program. "Gina, I want you to imagine you are standing in line at a bank and you are going to cash a check you are holding. However, this is no ordinary bank. This is a strange bank with some strange rules. One of the rules is that you can only cash a check if they can give you a single bill in return. Bizarre, isn't it. You now walk up to the teller and hand him your check. He smiles and hands you a single bill. Gina, tell me, what bill denomination gave you?

Gina replies "fifty dollars" (or whatever your spectator say)

You say, "I knew you would say that. You see, there was a piece of information I left out of the story. That information is, that I was the bank teller. I told you that this was a weird bank. So now that you have handed me your check, I guess I should give you your (open the application), $50."

Please let me know what you think and how I can improve on the script/effect. Feedback is always appreciated. Thank you.

Sean M.
Has anyone used this to predict the outcome of a soccer score BEFORE the game starts?

Kam
[quote]
On 2009-10-30 10:05, weapon wrote:
If your doing the Planet effect... here is a nice mneumonic!

Remember that Mercury is small and fast so it is the FIRST of the two "M" planets.
My M = Mercury
Very V = Venus
Easy E = Earth
Method M = Mars
Just J = Jupiter
Speeds S = Saturn
Up U = Uranus
Names N = Neptune

My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Names....

again Pluto isn't a planet
[/quote]

Many people still regard Pluto as a planet, or may forget that it's been demoted. I would suggest, "name any planet in the night sky" or "apart from our mother earth, name any planet in our solar system"

Pluto was quite a popular planet, I'd kinda like to keep it in the game LOL

I got iForce recently, I LOVE it!

Derek
Hi STM70,

I really like ALL of your ideas a lot.

I've used the PATEO force before with iForce and it plays very very well.

I like your strange bank premise as well . . . I love taking the audience to bizarre places!!

HI Derek . . . Welcome to our iForce Jedi familly. ;-)

all the best,
Greg Rostami
[quote]
On 2010-01-23 18:01, slyhand wrote:
I looked and did not see this mentioned.

Does anyone still play Clue?
Rope
Candlestick
revolver
knife
lead pipe
wrench

I don't have the game so I am going to have to have them write it down.
[/quote]

LOVE IT!! Lends itself to a great presentation with friends in the room idea.

Keep em coming . . .
STM70 that is a great story and patter. I love tricks presented this way, great job!
Thank you Greg and AOD. I am always thinking of more of ways to use iForce (since I use it in casual situations, it really works well for me). I will post new ideas when I've tested them and they've been successful.
AOD....mmm no one's ever called me that before, I like it lol.
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 18:03, ArtofDeception wrote:
AOD....mmm no one's ever called me that before, I like it lol.
[/quote]

Just be grateful it wasn't DOA, LOL
Hahaha yeah I hope no one ever calls me that
Glad to see my laziness in typing paid off for you AOD.

Somebody had mentioned predicting the outcome of a sporting event. the only problem I have with it is that games are usually 2.5-3 hours longs and I don't want to have my ipod on that long "running" a program.

I like the idea kinesis had on ways for people to not say earth so pluto could be an out. I've been doing the same thing, but here's what I tell the spectator. I'll say something along the lines of "I want you to imagine your looking through a telescope. There are many objects in the night sky, but the most popular ones are the planets. I want you to look through the telescope (hopefully they go along with it) What planet do you see?"

Since they are looking through a telescope they assume they are standing on Earth thus they would not be able to see it through the telescope.

Let me know what you think. Haven't given that much thought into the script of it. (improvised this version today and it played rather well)

Thanks.

STM70
That sounds like a great idea, like I meantioned before , I like story tricks that make the audience imagine things and go through a journy and this has the potential. And good way to make them leave earth out.
Here is a color preset I use. It's the colors of a rainbow aka the light spectrum. There are seven colors in the spectrum: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. An easy way to remember the order is the phrase: Roy g biv. Haven't come up with a script yet, but this one way to so a color preset
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Feb 9, 2010 01:58PM)
I like the color idea... because it sets up a great premise of having the volunteer select their favorite color. However, the Doodle application only has a limited number of colors to choose from. It would be nice if all 7 basic colors could be chosen, so you could have the word "RED" spelled in red letters, the word "ORANGE" spelled in orange letters, and so on...

Something to consider for the next version...
[quote]
On 2010-02-09 14:58, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
I like the color idea... because it sets up a great premise of having the volunteer select their favorite color. However, the Doodle application only has a limited number of colors to choose from. It would be nice if all 7 basic colors could be chosen, so you could have the word "RED" spelled in red letters, the word "ORANGE" spelled in orange letters, and so on...

Something to consider for the next version...
[/quote]

I agree more colors could help. What I did was for the colors doodle has is write the colors in its color (I wrote red in red). For the colors doodle doesn't have, I just wrote them in black. I don't think it makes that big of a deal since they will only see one of the outs. Just an idea.
For my friends in the UK . . .

iForce will be briefly featured on tonight’s edition of ‘The Gadget Show’ broadcasting on Channel 5 in the UK.

If anyone see's this, let me know how the show went.

thank you,
Greg Rostami
I have Cataclysm and Orbital; both great effects that use a multi-out. And that is what I dislike about them. You always have to carry an envelope, foto's or a special wallet with you.
But you guessed it..not anymore !

Frans
Try haveing the flip on and write the same card down on a preset and forse that card. Then write down the wrond card. Then hold the iPod or iPhone it the palm of your hand then turn
your hand palm down Then palm up causeing the prediction to change into the selected card
AWESOME idea Spyder . . . I love that.

Let me add to that if I may.
I predict a card that someone's gonna pick with iForce.
Force a card.
Reveal the wrong card with a double lift.
Show that your prediction matches the wrong card.
Put the right card in their hand . . . have them name their card.
Flip over the iPhone to show their card, and them have them turn over the card in their hand.

Classic magic with a techno twist . . . great thinking.
Greg Rostami
Spyder and Greg that is a very cool idea!
How about using this iforce as the out for bob casssidy's chronologue, saves you using the double face cards and it looks like you knew there special birthday before they name it!
I'm not familiar with Chronologue . . . could you please tell us a little more about it.

thank you,
Greg Rostami
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Mar 15, 2010 06:41PM)
While using iForce is initially a nice idea for Cassidy's "Chronologue" (or any of the commercial variations), and can, in fact, provide you with 8 possible outs instead of the usual 4, there is a bit of a logical disconnect to pulling out a paper day planner and then using the iPhone for the revelation, considering that the iPhone itself has a built in calendar function.
Finally read this whole thread. I too came across the Roy g.Biv idea, and added purple for those that need an 8th one. I use the swipe.
I did this for a guy today and he said, oh, that is like the pen and teller app. I said no, just a doodle program. I think it sells for like .99. and since he had the iphone in hand, he played with it for a moment (reflip off ;))he had no idea.
For boys aged 6 to 50:

Cough
Sneeze
Burp
Hiccup
Puke
Fart
Pee
Poo

(Sorry if you are offended: I have a 7 year old boy and he LOVES this idea!)
This was posted in other places...thought others might enjoy...
You can read some ideas on how to use iForce here:
http://www.rostamimagic.com/iforce/ideas.html
[quote]
On 2010-04-30 23:39, Jay wrote:
For boys aged 6 to 50:

Cough
Sneeze
Burp
Hiccup
Puke
Fart
Pee
Poo

(Sorry if you are offended: I have a 7 year old boy and he LOVES this idea!)
[/quote]LOL!!!
To all my magic friends who love iForce,

The price of iForce has been raised to $100 to protect the secrets from the curious.

Thank you for your support,
Greg Rostami
Good move Greg, I know it sounds strange, but I'm sure you will end up better off.
Good move Greg. Now if you do get buyers, you get plenty of money and ratings go up. Plus it's a high quality app with video training that's worth much more than just $3.

Heck, you coudl psychologically force or ask for a playing card and have 8 choices (8 most named cards).

You could even do whirlwind read! I personally use it to do KK!

Or instant world cup prediction!
Greg what was the point of saying the price had gone up to $100, when it is still only £1.79 ??
Put a Blank screen as a preset. In performance color a bit of the screen red then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone upside-down and using D-Lites pull the color red out of the screen. Turn the I-Pod/I-Phone right-side up to reveal the color red has been pulled out of the screen. OPTIONAL ENDING set another part of the preset colored red and put it back in the screen.
Have a preset set for Quarter, Dime, Nickel, and Penny. Borrow a coin and false transfer the coin, Then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Upside-down and apparently push the coin into the screen turn the I-Pod/I-Phone right-side up to reveal the coin has been pushed into the screen
Make a preset of a red target and a black dot right in the bulls eye. In the performance say that you are going to predict the location they will touch pretend to draw something then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Upside-down and have them touch a random spot on the screen. Turn the I-Pod/I-Phone right-side up to reveal that they hit the bulls eye.
Make a preset of all 7 Harry Potter books. In performance have them think of there favorite Harry Potter book (This can be used on any series with 8 or less books).
Make a preset of a single spade. In performance take a 5 of spades with a missing pip and put it on top of the deck place the real 5 of spades under it. Force the 2 card stack and execute a double lift to show a regular 5 of spades. Then Turn the double face-down and pick up the gaff 5 of spades. Show a blank screen and turn the I-Pod/I-Phone upside-down. Rub the gaff card on the back of the I-Pod/I-Phone then slowly turn the card face-up to show a pip has disappeared. Turn the I-Pod/I-Phone
right side-up to show the spade melted through the I-Pod/I-Phone.
Make a Preset of 4 quarters. In performance say that this may look like a doodle app but its actually my piggy bank. Set the I-Pod/I-Phone face-down on the table. Then use a 4 coin vanish and drop the coins into the I-Pod/I-Phone. Turn it over to reveal that the coins are in the I-Pod/I-Phone then save the drawing (Delete it later).
Make a preset of a grid on the screen. In performance draw a coin and a grid (Try to match the grid on the preset) say that the coin is an escapologist and he is going to try and escape. Turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-down on a table. Classic palm a coin reach out and produce the coin. Turn the I-Pod/I-Phone face-up to show the coin has escaped.
Make a preset that says Contestant 1, Contestant 2, etc. Wait until a game show comes on and say that you will predict the outcome pretend to write something and place the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-down on a table. After the game is over turn the I-Pod/I-Phone face-up to show that you predicted correctly.
Make a preset of a blank screen. In performance say that names are powerful and if you destroy a name you destroy a person let me show you. Draw a stick-man and place the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-down on a table. ask them to give the stick man a name (Say... John) write the name on a piece of flash paper and light it. Then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone face-up to show that names really do have power.
Make a preset of a blank screen. Then put a little ash on your index finger. In performance say that you are going to try some voodoo. Have them hold out there hand and press the palm of there hand with your index finger to transfer ash onto there palm. Then draw a little dot of black on the screen. Then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-down then Face-up. show that the dot has vanished and have them turn over there hand to reveal the ash.
Make a preset of a bent spoon. In performance say you are going to try some telekinesis. Draw a spoon then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-down. Touch your index and middle finger to your temple and concentrate. Then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-up to reveal the results of your telekinesis
Make a preset of a blank screen. In performance say that you are going to try to make some money. Draw a bill and have the same denomination bill finger palmed. Then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-down and pull the bill out of the screen. Then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-up to show the bill has been pulled out of the screen.
Make a preset of a Blown-Out Candle. In performance draw a candle with flame then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-down and ask him to make a wish and blow out the candle.
Then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-up to show the Blown-Out Candle
Make a preset of a TV with something on it and put on E.A.R. In performance draw a TV And press the ON button Nothing happens. Remark that you forgot to plug it in and turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-down and mime plugging it in then activate E.A.R (Everything's A Radio By Geoff Williams).Then turn the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-up to show the TV's been turned on.
Make a preset of the food pyramid (Fat, Dairy, etc,). In performance Pretend to write a prediction and set the I-Pod/I-Phone Face-down on a table. Ask the spectator to think of there favorite food and think about where it is in the food pyramid (Say... Dairy). Turn the I-Pod/I-Phone face-up to show that you predicted correctly.
WOW Spyder . . .

You've been BUSY!!

I love all of your ideas. Very clever thinking . . . Using iForce for appears and vanishes is a great idea.

keep up these posts,
Greg Rostami
Hi Greg.
Loving iForce,its gotta be the best value effect in town.
Can I just ask did you develop this app yourself with your partner or did you go to a professional App developer with your idea?
I have an Idea for something that could be used with a Doodle App aswell but not sure of the best way to proceed

Luke
LOVE this app - My favourite use is to present 2-4 differently-coloured sodas on a table and ask someone to drink one. Then I reveal the coloured pic I had drawn of that very flavour. They don't have to reveal what they're guessing, as I can see plainly which one they had chosen, and it also means that it can only be repeated a limited number of times.

-Rob.
Hi Luke,

Randy and I developed iForce together over the course of 3 months. In these 3 months we also developed other magic apps that you'll be seeing in one form of another in upcoming products from Rostami Magic.

As far as developing your own apps, the best advice that I can give you is download Apple's iPhone SDK for free and develop it yourself . . . you'll be surprised at how easy it really is.

Greg Rostami
Hi iforce users, I just changed the icon "doodle" on the 2nd fake springboard, I made my owen icon "Prediction", because the audience startet googeling "doodle magic app" on their iphones after my performance and I guess they found it. so non magicans shouldn't use this app, than it's one of my favorits! greg this app just rocks!
You can play iForce with CROSSROADS by Ben Harrs. U will have a clearn end.
I have iForce on my recently purchased iTouch & love it! But I'm not a tech wizard.

What I want to know is can I use iForce without any WiFi or does there have to be a wifi connection?

I'm trying to narrow down some problems. I'm suspecting that maybe I have a faulty iTouch.

I turned off my (tower) computer last night & then turned on my iTouch to play with Doodle/iForce & it wouldn't come display. (The internet router remained on.)

Thanks.
Try types of clothing. It seems to work for me.
Just trowing this one out there, try religions.
I've made a preset featuring eight everyday objects. I've also downloaded photos of each object and installed them on my itouch. Now I can run a slide show and have the spectator think of one of the objects.

The objects I'm using-

Apple
Bolts
Camera
Diamond
Eggs
Fork
Golf Ball
Honey
Hi Phil,

I really love the slideshow idea. What a great concept . . . using the photo features of the iPhone to have them think of one item.

Very clever. Thank you very much for sharing.
Greg Rostami
Just an idea, not sure if this has been suggeted, you could make a preset of school subjects and ask what is/was their favourite or most hated subject at school and reveal that you knew.
Does anyone know if the I Force app will work with an I pad,Thanks Dave
This is the only routins I use for it, RPS as rock, paper, scissor.
In the preset:
1:rock
2:paper
3:scissor

5: I win rock vs scissor
6: you win paper vs rock
7: draw: rock vs rock

yes I eliminate number 4 and 8 for obvious reason

routine: as a mentalist when I was a kid I always win an RPS games by predicting what hand she my friends will choose before the game started. Let me proof you. Then you use page 1,2,3 to predict the spectator outcome (i do it twice)
after they amazed, I tell them that by that I can control who gonna win or loose, and I play with him. All I have to do is always use rock in my hand so whatever their hand will show in the game I covered it with prediction page 5;6 and 7.

Hope you enjoy it.
Deddy corbuzieri
Hello friends,

I would love to talk to some of my current customers or others that just might be interested in iPredict or iForce.

You can talk to me on Skype. My Skype name is:
gregrostami

(One word all lowercase)

I'm looking forward to talking to you,
Greg Rostami
I draw 8 smileys which shows 8 different emotions like happiness, sadness, rage etc... And I tell them: "Think about one of these emotions, it would be better if you think a specific event which make you feel that emotion, but nothing out loud or no facial expression please. (I am drawing something at this point and leave the device on the table). Now what was the emotion that you just feel?"

And then I show the correct smiley which match their emotion.

Sorry for my english.
[quote]
On 2009-11-12 18:32, lumberjohn wrote:
[/quote]

I teach piano part-time and do magic as a way to keep my students excited for lesson days. Today I performed a simple positive/negative routine using iForce. It went over pretty well, but my student's mother asked to see if I could do this using a pad of paper instead. I told her that I would do even better and not use anything at all. At which point I explained that I would attempt to read her thoughts directly and started the Thought Chunnel routine, really building it up. After I told her the word she was thinking her jaw hit the floor. iForce and Thought Chunnel - excellent combination!
Hi everyone...

you know what I thought? I thought it would be great to do the Looch's routine "the influencer" with iforce... then... I thought "****...am I that lazy?"... well... I really think it's all about being lazy... I will try to explain (I'm french, sorry... :) )

iForce is a good app, yep, nothing to add...but... in formal occasion... I mean, artists usually have to work on something (jugglers will have to learn jugglin' years and years... singers will have to learn singing years and years, pianist, the same, guitarist, the same... ) and... why am I always ashamed of seeing "pretended artists" that will do an automatic magic square, or trick with a gimmicked deck of cards, or...mentalism with iphone... (I mean... without going further than that... I do automatic tricks, we all do... but... I try to have a ****in good presentation to not be ashamed about my show...)

if anyone can do what you do, are you an artist? (in this case, learning to turn over an iphone............)

ok, iForce is a greaaaaaat app... really... I really think so... BUT don't be lazy to "forget" about being an artist.

Sorry for the digression...

(and...anyway, iForce could be really nice to do "the influencer by Looch... but I'm not that lazy, and I found another solution, another handling since a few months...which works for me...)

Best,

Julien Losa
That makes sense. I agree on most of that. But what I like, especially about this topic in particular, is that it is more than just turning over a phone. There are a lot of cool routines and original ideas that make this more than just an iPhone app. Anyone can just predict a number 1-8 using iForce, but most magicians don't do that. They have more complicated story lines and routines that really make it a lot more entertaining.

~Andrew
Hey Greg, how is it coming along with iForce pro/iForce for iPad? I use my iPod touch less and less which is unfortunate when I want to use your two apps. I just never seem to have my iPod on me. I do though, have my iPad.
Here's an iForce trick I've been using that gets a strong reaction.

After you make your prediction and set the phone face down, ask them for their birthday, including the year. Let's say they say, "Sept. 20, 1978". Ask, "Believe it or not, I wrote down the exact day you were born!" You turn it over and it just says, "Wed" (Wednesday). At this point, you usually get a little laugh.

You then give them a perpetual calendar and have them look up their birthdate - Indeed, they find that Sept. 20, 1978 actually was a Wednesday!

For this to work, you have to be able to do the day of the week for any date feat, and just have the 7 days of the week as presets.

I have had some people think that the phone hears the date and automatically converts it to the day of the week, so I usually have them write the date down instead.

Also, here's a great tip for practicing iForce - You can often use [url=http://www.random.org/]Random.org[/url] to make random selections for you.
I made a Voodoo Prediction.

Either hand them a small Voodoo doll and a long needle or just ask them,
" Where would they stick a voodoo needle in their worst enemy?"

Their options are:

HEAD
HEART
STOMACH
GROIN
LEFT ARM
LEFT LEG
RIGHT ARM
RIGHT LEG
( Most people choose Heart or Head it seems )

I drew the 8 doodles similar to this photo:

[img]http://i53.tinypic.com/259y490.jpg[/img]
I love it . . . VERY VOO DOO!!

Hi Scott,

Your idea of using Random.org is awesome. I need to look up date to day of week conversion.

Greg Rostami
Need to look up the date conversion feat? [url=http://gmmentalgym.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-of-week-for-any-date-revised.html]Look no further...[/url]
;)
Hey Greg, it's been a while but I was wondering how it was going with any new apps. Namely, iPad apps. I know you have been working on iforce pro and if you had any idea when it or any others may be available. Thanks!

Andrew
I have always enjoyed effects that pack small--particularly the ones that can fit in a wallet. However, I have always disliked the fact that it adds bulk, even when using a wallet designed to be slim (JFold wallets are fashionable and amazing!). With IForce, I am able to do them, albeit I change the presentation!

For effects that require multiple indexes, I use the IPhone Camera Roll, a PDF reader, Camera+, and Photosynth apps to store pictures needed for the indexes. The apps are in order, so the first picture/card in an index will be the Camera Roll, then a PDF reader, etc.

The change in presentation is due to the fact that you will have to go backwards (at least for PS Plus). I would write down a card that I sense matches the spectator with the IForce. I would then ask the spectator to imagine herself cutting a deck of cards and ask for that number, and reveal the card with IForce. I then tell her that there is a reason why we are here today, why I chose a specific card, and why she cut to that specific number. Then I reveal with the index.
Hello iForce lovers . . .

It's been a long time since I've posted on this thread.

So here's an idea that was created by CRshelton from the Café on VIDEO . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJaqjD3GEc4

If you wanna know how that's done PM me or email me at:
grostami@gmail.com

Happy Holidays,
Greg Rostami
Hi Greg,
Do you have any updates on IForce for IPhone 5 ?
Currently only one method of the 3 can be used with iPhone 5 :(
The new iForce that's compatible with iPhone 5 will be submitted to Apple either later today or tomorrow.

After that, it's gonna take Apple about 2 weeks to approve the app.

thank you for your patience,
Greg Rostami
Hi Greg,

How fun to see you performing the Powerball routine (iBall?), and I love your addition of predicting that it was an odd number!

Cheers,
Christopher
I just got this app all I can say is WOW. So many possibilites.
Not what I was hoping for when I checked the app store tonight (iPredict Pro) but VERY nice surprise to see a new iPad version and iPhone 5 version of iForce available! I've been waiting literally years to see iForce at full resolution on my iPad and (less than years) on my iPad mini! Instantly downloaded and work just like they always have, except look even better. Great updates Greg. Are you still working on an iForce pro version? I thought you mentioned new features and whatnot was coming that would support iPad as well?
IForce 1.5 is NOW AVAILABLE for download.

I'm sure most of you have already noticed the update on your iOS device.

New Features of iForce 1.5:
* iPhone 5 Retina display support!
* Updated fake Springboard look!
* AND the long anticipated iForce HD for iPad ($4.99)

iForce 1.5 is now fully compatible with the iPhone5 and iPad.
Also, your fake springboard icons will now glide over your background image.
This is one of the most requested features for iForce and you can thank Randy for an AWESOME implementation of that feature.

We have also updated all of the links and videos in iForce so that we can change the contents of the manual, the videos, and the links dynamically across the internet.

If you love iForce, this is a GREAT time for you to rate and review it.
Your support will be very much appreciated.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Greg - I have had iForce for the iPhone for quite some time. Just downloaded it for the iPad, as well! Always willing to support the cause! - Scott
Thank you for your support Scott.

Greg
Greg sorry to have to say this, but the update to the fake springboard is BAD!!!

I can no longer use Iforce now that the springboard has changed. Why on earth would you not expect a spectator to query why there is a ghost image of
the iforce logo on the springboards. The whole point of having the ability to take a screen shot to produce a fake springboard is so that it replicates the original one!!!

I am so very disappointed. What was once a great app has now been rendered completely unusable.

PLEASE can you sort this.
Rasp,

Did you figure out how to customize your fake Springboard in iForce 1.5 yet? You should be able to replicate your actual home screen better than ever before, not worse.

Take a look at this video Greg made explaining how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG3aJIF-0Fo

-Randy
Hello friends,

Here's a web page that has all the default iOS wallpaper images:

http://www.rostamimagic.com/wallpapers/index/

You can open this web page on any iOS device.

Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do for you.
Greg Rostami
Hello app magic lovers,

THE WAIT IS OVER!!

iPredict Pro is AVAILABLE NOW on the iPhone App Store:
http://bit.ly/iPredictProOnAppStore

It is also available on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rostamimagic.ipredict.pro.android

A performance where your "friend" gets credit for the magic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAV9x9cpWMw

Some performances where you get credit (thanks to Bill Perkins' DIALED! routine):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuDkU_5tJkw

And a performance by Derek Johnston where his voice reveals his prediction:
http://youtu.be/I6YvcVijZS8

all the best,
Greg Rostami
I absoluetly love iforce so I will have to try ipredict pro!!!
Been away from the Café for a while, but I just picked up iForce. This is truly a miracle worker and a reputation maker all in itself. The simplicity is genius. Love it Greg. I will be sure to pick up your other effects in the near future. Keep up the awesome work.
Same here, love this app.

Have been using it for a mind reading routine using progressive reveals.

Firstly I ask someone to get a memory from when they were younger in mind, nothing traumatic. Once they focus on the memory I proceed as follows;
I ask them to write a couple of words on a business card about the memory, once done this goes into my peek wallet, but isn't peeked, just set down on the table.
I then go on..

I want you to take a moment to go back in time and go back into that memory, when they confirm they have I ask;

Are you inside or outside? they answer and you reveal. (2 options) First hit.

If they answer that they are outside I ask them if they can remember what time of year it is.. prompting them with "spring, summer, autumn or winter" (4 options)
if they answer inside I swap the question to "what time of day day is it?" prompting them with "morning, lunch, afternoon or night".
(4 options)
Then reveal. (second hit)

I then ask them if they can remember the day of the week, if they can you can proceed with the day reveal.. if not I ask them to have a guess and focus on the day they guessed and do the reveal. (third hit)

Once I have hit three times I use the following phrase "I seem to be picking up quite a lot and I want you to have somthing you can take away to remember this moment... obviously you can't take my doodle pad on my phone so let me write somthing on my business card.. ( I then open up my peek wallet and take out a business card, getting the peek and scribble down the previous hits and some extra ones relating to the information they have put on the card at the start of the effect.

They then get a something to take away, including your business card and ALL of the hits written on the card.

This has been working really well for me, hope you have some fun with it too.

Andy

BTW it also works really well with five ESP cards.. with one card having you will pick this card written on the back (star for me) positioned second in from the spectators left.. have them hover a hand over the cards until deciding to come down on one.. if they hit your force card you have a miracle.. if not just reveal your prediction on your phone.
I LOVE it Andy.

I love progressive reveals.

If you haven't done so already. Check out iTelekinect. I just put up a new video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVWmCQ1l0_Q

enjoy,
Greg Rostami
Cool....

When will the Android Version be available???
Hi Salby,

Most all Android phones don't have an edge to stand the phone on.

So I'm afraid iTelekinect will not work on Android.

sorry,
Greg Rostami
Having a case (Otter Box Defender) allows my Android Phone to be standing up on its long side.

Would a case disrupt the effect?

If not, Android phones can work with some easy modifications... Just a thought.

Thanks.
Here's an idea I have been using with iForce, and I thought I'd share. This works because the time is not visible in the doodle app. Although you can use do this with a bunch of different ideas and presets, I use it with the ESP symbols. Before starting the trick, set your phone's time back 5 hours or so. Then approach your spectator. After explaining to the spec that you are going to divine their thought of symbol, you say that in order to do that, you must ask them some questions about themselves. I ask them to name a color (blue, green, yellow, red, or black...aka: the colors in the app), and then to name any number between 1-100. Act as if the answers to those questions are going to help you divine the symbol they are going to name. When you pretend to write down the symbol your are predicting, actually write the number they named in the color ink that they named. As you're writing, explain that you had a prediction a few hours ago, but it didn't make too much sense...hopefully this one does. Save the picture, and put the phone down. When they name a symbol, flip the phone over and reveal that you got it correct. Afterwards, remind them that you had a prediction from a few hours ago...Ask them to touch the disk icon, the the 'load' button...then your picture will show up with a time stamp that proves that you drew it more than fives hours ago. Open the picture, and show that you somehow knew their color and number as well.
hope you enjoy!
Kyle
Wow! That's an incredible idea! I'm going to try it right now in fact. I do iForce very often.
OMG magikyle,

That has to be one of the BEST ideas that I've ever seen with iForce.
There are so many levels of deception there.

I can't wait to try it.

Thank you so much for sharing that with us.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
I'm really glad that you both like the idea! Let me know how it goes for you!
I just found this guy on youtube...and he has this incredible routine with iforce, utilizing Greg Wilson's Exact Change
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=3LjzzHCxVTQ
Hi again Kyle,

Yes, I've seen that video before. It's a great application of iForce, since he uses different presets to get a TWO digit number.

cheers,
Greg
I use iforce with reflections 2.0. I show them the personality test and then I say "I'm going to try and guess your planetary personality based on what I've observed about you". They then do the personality test and after they have read the description of their planetary personality and found it matches the number they are thinking of I turn over the phone and show that I correctly guessed their planetary personality before they started the test.

This isn't really a prediction effect, it is more of an added convincer, the fact that I correctly guessed their personality before they selected symbols or numbers just by observing them lends weight to the idea that the test is based on personality and not on the numbers. Also the fact that I guessed the correct personality in advance further obfuscates the method which is pivotal to the rest of the book test.

Mark
I don't remember having seen this idea so I thought I might throw it in: I use cocktail names, especially since I love performing iForce in Bars. I use the most well-known cocktails: Mojito, Margarita, Caipirinha, Bloody Mary, Sex on the Beach, Pina Colada, Whicky Cola and Daiquiri.

Have been performing this only about 20 times but always got one of the above cocktails named.
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Jun 23, 2013 07:29PM)
I know I am late to the party but I was playing with this today and if you have the Magazine test "Glance" Well it has 8 Force words. So after reading the spectators mind and knowing the word they chose from the magazine you can say you knew it all along. Or as a Hypnotist I use the patter that influenced them to make that specific decision and I prove it to them by showing what I wrote down before they made any choices. It works awesome and adds just one more cool element to a fantastic book test.
I use this for multiple physical outs. Let's say I have 4 outs, one is in the card box, one is under the close up mat, one is in an envelope in my wallet etc. iForce just has the location of the outs eg Look in the card box, look under the mat etc. So once I know which out I need I flip over the phone and they follow the instructions to find the prediction.

Now you may wonder why I don't just have the outs as predictions in iforce. I find the physical nature of the predictions rules out an app and likewise the fact that the instructions are written in the doodle app before we start rules out multiple outs.

I use this for Free Will and it makes the choice completely free and also solves the limitation of the prediction. The physical outs are written on my business cards and I let the spectator keep the prediction as a souvenir.

Also I love Gordon idea for Glance but what I think would play stronger is if instead of the actual word being in iforce you have iforce point to the page number of the dictionary that they have been holding since the start and when they open that page they find their thought of word circled.

Mark
MagiKyle, AMAZING idea.

Greg, is there ANY chance that could be in a future update? Some sort of feature where we can load a doodle and have it automatically timestamp, let's say, a couple hours back (so we don't have to switch the clock)?
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Jun 24, 2013 06:55PM)
[quote]
On 2013-06-24 07:34, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Also I love Gordon idea for Glance but what I think would play stronger is if instead of the actual word being in iforce you have iforce point to the page number of the dictionary that they have been holding since the start and when they open that page they find their thought of word circled.

Mark
[/quote]

Mark_Chandaue you are a GENIUS!!! I love that idea and it makes it play much bigger! My only question is that GLANCE uses some adverbs ending in LY and I don't have a dictionary on hand but do you think it would be okay to just circle the root word definition? I have a feeling it will play just as good by circling "UNCOMFORTABLE" instead of "UNCOMFORTABLY"

Actually as I was typing this I had another idea. Instead of circling the definition, you could "doodle" a number like this 143215 which could break down to pg 143 2nd column 15th word down. And then have them look that up in the dictionary. This makes it so the definition doesn't have to be circled because even though I like the circling the definition idea there is a possibility of the spectator skimming through the dictionary and finding 8 other circled words. This number would eliminate that happening and maybe add a bit of theater. I don't know I am going to play with each in my next shows to see which gets a better reaction. Thanks so much Mark for getting my creativity flowing.
Hi DynaMix,

I like the idea of back time stamping a drawing. It's going into the feature requests for the next iForce.

All of the ideas that Gordon, Mark and MagiKyle are using are brilliant.

I'm gonna have to try all of them.

I love my job,
Greg
With only 8 words in the entire dictionary circled and spread quite a way apart the chances of them stumbling through and finding the others are tiny particularly if you give them a pocket dictionary at the start and ask them to put it in their pocket. In the unlikely event they did see another word circled I'd just say that this isn't the first time I've done this and it's never the same word twice. I think the root word is plenty good enough.

Mark
Hmm an alternative to the dictionary for the glance idea take a pocket diary and write a different "word of the day" for each day including the glance words. Personally I would put the 8 glance words on key dates Christmas, valentines day, 4th July etc (I may be able to add another kicker using the date eg a Christmas/valentines card written out to the spectator (I use a folio when doing glance so there is a good opportunity to fill details on the card while devining the word). the diary can be in full view the whole time. You flip over the phone and your prediction is a date. They open the diary and the word of the day for that date is the very word they chose.

If say that date was Christmas day, or valentines and you then handed them a Christmas or valentines card with a personalised message you have a kicker finish and they have a keepsake.

Mark
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Jun 25, 2013 08:16PM)
Another great Idea Mark!
Ok so here is an idea I have been using that combines Mentalism and Killer Magic in a small routine.

Ive been doing this after a few warm up card tricks if you will then really hit em between the eyes with this one as a closer...

I combine Iforce with a tweaked out version of Phil Dacostas Confinement. Take 4 different flavors of Wrigley's 5 Gum and type the flavor names within the app. Also preload 4 different cards in each pack of sealed gum (remember which card is in which pack of coarse). Bring out all 4 packs and tell your spectator your going to give them a pack of gum of their choice but you already know which one they are going to take. Tell them to take their chosen pack and place it in their pocket. Make your prediction on your doodle program and lay your phone down. When you turn around place all the other packs away and reveal that you had correctly predicted which pack would be chosen. Tell your spectator you want to take it a step further and have them select a card from the deck (obviously the one needed that matches the pack chosen) have them remember the card and replace it back and loose it in the deck... Vanish the card via your favorite method and when your spectator opens their sealed pack there lays their chosen card...

What makes this strong in my opinion is that no signature is required because they had a free choice to begin with of which pack they wanted and could chage their mind if they wanted. Then in their mind a freely chosen card vanished from the deck only to re appear in a sealed pack of gum that was in their pocket the whole time...

I have been doing this and it kills...

Iforce is not the main effect here but more of an added bonus and a great way to introduce the props needed without drawing suspicion that the packs were pre loaded to begin with. Kind of like using Iforce as misdirection if you will, they think the main effect is over they relax and put the gum away but really its just beginning ;)

It literally flies over em....Super Strong!!

Check out Dacostas Confinement (awesome signed card to sealed pack) for the method of getting a card into a sealed pack...

Just an idea I have fiddled with and has paid off very nicely for me..

-Bobby
I love that idea, Bobby! I've never heard of Confinement but any CTIL will work with this. Nice thinking.
[quote]
On 2013-07-19 09:57, Steven Keyl wrote:
I love that idea, Bobby! I've never heard of Confinement but any CTIL will work with this. Nice thinking.
[/quote]

Thanks man... Yeah I just really like Confinement but any CTIL will work. The main point here is Iforce is used as what they feel is the main effect but is more or less cover for a much larger outcome.

-Bobby
I use it for Convergence.
Dear friends,
I am an Android user..

I love ur ideas but I am unable to find the time stamp. pl help.
And also similar to the arrow denoting the direction, I ask the spectator randomly face a direction like N,SE, NW etc.. (8 possiblities) and will predict it.

And also we can use Equivoque with invisible deck principle and predict it. the possibilities are more now
Just like to say, got the app yesterday and I think it's awesome, some great ideas as well.What a bargain price for some killer mentalism !!Anyone not got this yet should go and get it you will not be dissapointed !Works pretty good so far on android phone.
Just got this also for my Kindle. What he said^
I haven't read the whole thread but the Ben Harris trick Silent Running would be great for the IFORCE. Sorry if it has been mentioned already.
It's funny the app is called iforce but it is mostly used for multiple outs rather than a force. Here's my iforce book test using iforce as a force.

A spectator is invited to write a number between 1 and 250 (replace 250 with whatever number of pages your book contains) in your doodle app and then place the phone face down on the table. A second spectator is handed a book and asked to turn to the page written by the first spectator. They pick up the phone, look at the number, turn to that page and you proceed to reveal anything you wish to reveal from that page.

The secret, if you haven't already guessed, is that all 8 outs contain the same force number. Spectator 1 writes their number on the blank screen and places the phone face down. No matter which way spectator 2 picks up the phone it is going to display your force page number.

Mark
[quote]
On 2013-07-19 09:46, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Ok so here is an idea I have been using that combines Mentalism and Killer Magic in a small routine.

Ive been doing this after a few warm up card tricks if you will then really hit em between the eyes with this one as a closer...

I combine Iforce with a tweaked out version of Phil Dacostas Confinement. Take 4 different flavors of Wrigley's 5 Gum and type the flavor names within the app. Also preload 4 different cards in each pack of sealed gum (remember which card is in which pack of coarse). Bring out all 4 packs and tell your spectator your going to give them a pack of gum of their choice but you already know which one they are going to take. Tell them to take their chosen pack and place it in their pocket. Make your prediction on your doodle program and lay your phone down. When you turn around place all the other packs away and reveal that you had correctly predicted which pack would be chosen. Tell your spectator you want to take it a step further and have them select a card from the deck (obviously the one needed that matches the pack chosen) have them remember the card and replace it back and loose it in the deck... Vanish the card via your favorite method and when your spectator opens their sealed pack there lays their chosen card...

What makes this strong in my opinion is that no signature is required because they had a free choice to begin with of which pack they wanted and could chage their mind if they wanted. Then in their mind a freely chosen card vanished from the deck only to re appear in a sealed pack of gum that was in their pocket the whole time...

I have been doing this and it kills...

Iforce is not the main effect here but more of an added bonus and a great way to introduce the props needed without drawing suspicion that the packs were pre loaded to begin with. Kind of like using Iforce as misdirection if you will, they think the main effect is over they relax and put the gum away but really its just beginning ;)

It literally flies over em....Super Strong!!

Check out Dacostas Confinement (awesome signed card to sealed pack) for the method of getting a card into a sealed pack...

Just an idea I have fiddled with and has paid off very nicely for me..

-Bobby
[/quote]

Bobby that is a cracking routine there and can work with a lot of vanish card routines,i like it.
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Jan 26, 2014 05:20PM)
Mark another brilliant idea my friend. Which sparked an idea of my own. How about using iForce as a Electronic Add-A-Pad! You have 3 or 4 people each write a 3 digit number on the blank doodle pad and then turn it over. Then using the same method you described above have another spectator add up the numbers. Your predicted total could be revealed in many different ways! I do think this might play better with the Ipad version of iForce due to limited space but I will try it out on both.

Like I said before your ideas are usually great but what I enjoy the most is how they inspire me to think outside of the box and revisit my magic drawer for things that might serve a different purpose.

--Gordon
Hi Gordon,
The add a number is a great idea it is gratifying that my ideas are a catalyst for your creativity just as my creativity is sparked by the very clever thinking of others. The more we can all inspire each other the better it is for our art.

Mark
[quote]
On 2014-01-26 18:20, GordonTheHypnotist wrote:
Mark another brilliant idea my friend. Which sparked an idea of my own. How about using iForce as a Electronic Add-A-Pad! You have 3 or 4 people each write a 3 digit number on the blank doodle pad and then turn it over. Then using the same method you described above have another spectator add up the numbers. Your predicted total could be revealed in many different ways! I do think this might play better with the Ipad version of iForce due to limited space but I will try it out on both.

Like I said before your ideas are usually great but what I enjoy the most is how they inspire me to think outside of the box and revisit my magic drawer for things that might serve a different purpose.

--Gordon
[/quote]

Very nice! Might be using this in the future!
Jp
The add a number and force are great applications! Wouldn't it be nice if you could copy paste certain parts? You could "sign" the blank page for the add-a-number so that the last spectator can see your signature on the "pad". It would be even more nice if iForce could automaticaly duplicate a signature (perhaps only on a certain part of the screen).
Another idea is to take it away from the doodle app and use it with pictures or mp3 in a player.
We should be careful of over-proving how fair the app is. Not only can it muddy the presentation and effect, but it can also backfire by drawing too much attention to the app whereas it should be something incidental and unimportant. Remember the old adage, "don't run when you're not being chased."
I don't know if this idea has appeared previously but I was able to greatly increase the number of possibilities (and hence the impact of the effect) without making my job any more difficult. The heads & tails prediction has 8 outs which are easy enough to keep track of using the binary system. A 1 in 8 chance wasn't impressive enough for my purposes though.

My solution, instead of using 3 coins, was to use 5 coins of different denominations. The denominations are used to order the coins from penny to dollar. I explain how correctly predicting the number of heads and tails is very difficult but predicting them in the exact order is far more improbable. Instead of 1 in 8 (2*2*2), the odds become 1 in 32 (2*2*2*2*2). It's up to you whether to reveal that or leave it up to their imagination. They may well think the odds are even worse.

Naturally, I don't want to keep track of 32 outs but I don't have to... because the last two coins are double-headed and double-tailed! I simply modified the original 8 outs to end with the same HT combination (e.g. HHT becomes HHTHT and TTT becomes TTTHT). Easy.

Note 1: You don't have to use different denominations of coins. You could use anything you want and simply disregard the first H and T you hear (assuming you're using 1 DH and 1 DT).

Note 2: You don't have to stop at 5 coins. I think you get diminishing returns though.
Hi all,

This is more like a request than an idea. Since this app is so sincere & simple. After I read my spec mind with it. I wish I can reverse the whole thing. The spec write any number and put my phone down (screen on bottom) and I can tell what the number is
You could have the spectators play tic-tac-toe, then predict who will win. Also make tie a option.
Hi robvh,

I really really like using double-headed and double-tailed coins.

Mixing methods is THE BEST!!

cheers,
G Ro
I made a preset that lets me draw 3 coins, and dump them out of the phone for a 3-fly routine. After that they go back in the phone one at a time.
I've been trying to come up with a routine using iForce and playing cards. My thought was to start with four cards out on the table and have a spectator select one card. Next add four more cards to make it more challenging. Conclude by adding 4 more cards and have 4 separate outs to use outside of iForce. I have one of those cards set up as my lock screen, one card drawn by me saved in the Doodle app (the weakest reveal, in my opinion), and using the Card2Phone app I could pull either of the last tunes out of the phone. I haven't tried this out yet, but was wondering if anyone thought this would be effective or had any better ideas for revealing more than 8 items with the phone.

I'd love to be able to have Siri respond to a voice command to name the selected card and think this is doable, but I'd have to jailbreak my phone and get into some minor coding to do this. I'm not sure it's worth the bother, but it would be fun to be able to have customized responses from Siri that could be used in a routine.

Dave
I want to share with you my use of iforce.
I know that some ideas are in this post, but I am proud of how I do it, and I hope you enjoy it.
First choice ( any coin ) . I am from Spain and I use euros, it is very easy, only 8 coins.
Second choice ( 3 spectators choice face or tail using their own coin) . Only 8 combination again, easy too. But here you can use some tricks.
- You can use a double face coin for you(magician) , and now it is a 4 choices. You don´t really need a double face coin because the layman are so concentrated in their own coin that never look at you. People are thinking in how are you going to know which coin they have , but you are going to work with face or tails this time .

- And now my favorite trick . When I discover iforce I was worried about the phone, let me explain , people always think that the phone can do everything (voice recognition…), that is why I decided to move away the trick from the phone. I put a paper with the result of 4 coins in my pockets(only 3 because I know mine) . 8 combination of tails and faces = 8 pockets. 4 in my trousers (front , back ,right and left) , 4 in my jacket. And in iforce I write “look in my front right trousers pocket ( for example)”. Without moving your hands , layman can take the paper from your pocket and read it at loud.
This combination of paper and phone destroy any possibility. And I love it, it is simply magic with a good pattern. Paper destroy the phone voice recognition, and phone destroy the possibility of sleight of hand or the possibility of more papers. ( to put the paper in the pocket during the trick ).
In the paper I write that more and less:
Hello everyone, I write this note trying to demonstrate that I know something before it happens.
To know that you are going to choose a coin it is obvious , but to know that when you tossed it , you have get xxxxx is not a coincidence.
To know that the second time you have get xxxxx is more than pure chance.
Sherlock Holmes used to say “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” It is the perfect definition of magic to me. In any case the third time you have get xxxxx in your coin.

PD: I love Sherlock Holmes, what can I say.
PPD: I always use a print paper.
[quote]On May 23, 2014, konstant wrote:
I want to share with you my use of iforce.
I know that some ideas are in this post, but I am proud of how I do it, and I hope you enjoy it.
First choice ( any coin ) . I am from Spain and I use euros, it is very easy, only 8 coins.
Second choice ( 3 spectators choice face or tail using their own coin) . Only 8 combination again, easy too. But here you can use some tricks.
- You can use a double face coin for you(magician) , and now it is a 4 choices. You don´t really need a double face coin because the layman are so concentrated in their own coin that never look at you. People are thinking in how are you going to know which coin they have , but you are going to work with face or tails this time .

- And now my favorite trick . When I discover iforce I was worried about the phone, let me explain , people always think that the phone can do everything (voice recognition…), that is why I decided to move away the trick from the phone. I put a paper with the result of 4 coins in my pockets(only 3 because I know mine) . 8 combination of tails and faces = 8 pockets. 4 in my trousers (front , back ,right and left) , 4 in my jacket. And in iforce I write “look in my front right trousers pocket ( for example)”. Without moving your hands , layman can take the paper from your pocket and read it at loud.
This combination of paper and phone destroy any possibility. And I love it, it is simply magic with a good pattern. Paper destroy the phone voice recognition, and phone destroy the possibility of sleight of hand or the possibility of more papers. ( to put the paper in the pocket during the trick ).
In the paper I write that more and less:
Hello everyone, I write this note trying to demonstrate that I know something before it happens.
To know that you are going to choose a coin it is obvious , but to know that when you tossed it , you have get xxxxx is not a coincidence.
To know that the second time you have get xxxxx is more than pure chance.
Sherlock Holmes used to say “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” It is the perfect definition of magic to me. In any case the third time you have get xxxxx in your coin.

PD: I love Sherlock Holmes, what can I say.
PPD: I always use a print paper. [/quote]

AWESOME!!!
See iForce on this weeks TNT episode!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn_ceeTnv8U
Regards
Nico
I have a preset of the queens, so I use the first part of inferno by Joshua jay, but use iforce for the reveal.

On a side note, THIS IS MY 200th POST! :banana: :carrot: :pepper:
I use iForce to do Matt Mello's Handy Prediction. It's so easy, I can concentrate fully on the performance. I just say writing on my phone are better than writing on a paper. Go green, right?
Its a great magic app. I bought both versions. for android and ipad.
it seems that the handy face up options (springboard methodes) in the android version are missing.
i cant find them. will there be an update soon for android?

my version of iforce is a bartrick. I use different kinds of drinks or beers.

regards markus
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Jul 14, 2014 01:10AM)
[quote]On Jul 13, 2014, maxchen wrote:
Its a great magic app. I bought both versions. for android and ipad.
it seems that the handy face up options (springboard methodes) in the android version are missing.
i cant find them. will there be an update soon for android?

my version of iforce is a bartrick. I use different kinds of drinks or beers.

regards markus [/quote]

No springboard methods on Android because most Android phones can't do screenshots without rooting. You can however hit the home button with iForce running in the background. And flip the phone and let them touch the doodle app icon to open it up and find the written prediction.
Hi ZachDavenport,

I've been using the Jacks and Kings (8 outs) with Inferno by Joshua Jay.
I have drawn these 8 cards with the corners slightly burnt.

At the end I have the spectator whisper the card in my ear (no voice recognition).

As Gordon just said, the biggest advantage of iForce on Android is since Android is a true multi-tasking OS, once you select a preset, just press the home key.
This will take you back to the home screen of Android, but iForce will still be running in the background.

Put the phone face down, do the move, and ask your spectator to launch the app themselves.
It looks like they are truly launching the app, because they ARE . . . (no fake screens).

cheers,
G Ro
I've been doing this for a few months now and for some reason really like this subtlety: using a leather flip case to hide the screen when its face down. With the case closed it really drills in the fact that you don't touch the phone until the end and need to physically open the case to show the prediction.
I came up with a pretty amazing use for iforce That uses something from Daniel Garcia. Here is a video where he reveals it (don't worry this is not pirated or anything): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIJkPAFjcH4
Use the one with 2 objects on the list. Make the objects colors, and the force colors green and blue. Then make a preset that has a beach picture, one that has a picture of a park, one that just has blue scribbles, and one that has green scribbles. To perform it use the list to force the color, and tell them to imagine a landscape that has a lot of there color. Tell them you will draw what they are thinking, and set up the preset on iforce. Most people will say beach or park in which case you reveal the beach or park, but if not just reveal the scribbles of their color. I am going to add more landscapes after I perform it for a while, so I can see what the other common choices are.
Dear Greg,

How did you draw a burnt card, is just a scribble or we can add 8 photos instead of drawing.

And also, we have customised many outs for iforce but if I am changing my mobile again I have to do the work from scratch. Any possibility to backup them
Hi ZachDavenport,
I really like the idea of mixing Danny Garcia's clever notepad trick with iForce.

Hi ursmagicbalu,
Yes, I just drew a burnt card.

At the present time, there's no way for you to backup your drawings. We are looking into cloud integration for an upcoming version of iForce.
This way all of your presets will be automatically saved to your cloud account.

cheers,
Greg
That's a great update Greg
I use 2 of my own:

I get the spectator to hold their index finger up and tell them that at the count of 3, I'd like them to point to, or touch, a part of their face.
The 8 outs are:
1. Forehead
2. Eyebrow
3. Eye
4. Nose
5. Mouth (Which is general for lips, tongue, teeth if they point to those. Great for being "just off")
6. Chin
7. Cheek
8. Ear
I do it in that order as it's working top down for the first 6, then cheek is closest to chin (6) and ear would be last.
I like to stress "FACE" and not "head" as they could point to the top of their head which could be "hair" or "head" which I don't have outs for.

The other way I use it is as an additional kicker to Card Shark's Get Sharky.
I start off with "writing" a prediction in doodle, have them pick a card, reveal the prediction was right on the phone, then go into the whole "card isn't in the deck anymore and is now in my pocket".
Sorry, I don't think I should explain more due to fear of revealing the method but if you have Get Sharky, you'll know what I mean. ;-)
I’ve been using iForce with Bryn Reynold’s ‘Seven’ effect from his ebook Safwan Papers. It’s a killer no deck prediction. With the outs it allows more flexibility with the prediction.
[quote]On Sep 22, 2014, terrillific wrote:
I’ve been using iForce with Bryn Reynold’s ‘Seven’ effect from his ebook Safwan Papers. It’s a killer no deck prediction. With the outs it allows more flexibility with the prediction. [/quote]
Ooooh...
Now I'm going to have to check this out.... Thanks for the mention!

Bryn
I've been playing around with iForce to perform a version of Mike Kirby's X-Act. By changing the set up I can have 8 different predictions instead of the original 2.
I was at a pub one night, and set the presets to the different brands of beer they had on tap. I then proceeded to predict to the bartender what each new patron would order. Blew the poor girl away, and landed a few free pints in my hand!
Now up to "pages and pages" of great ideas using iForce. Thanks Greg and everyone.

Is iForce available for purchase for the kindle fire? I understand Amazon and Google Play don't play nice - thought I'd see if I was overlooking something.

Thanks.
Hi John,

I'm afraid not. I've been asked to port to Kindle Fire. If I had the time, I would do it in a heart beat.

Now, if I could only make an app that would MAKE time !!! That would be a GREAT trick! ;)

G Ro
Here's an idea. Use Iforce to reveal numbers in cataclysm.
[quote]On Jan 25, 2013, Randy Croucher wrote:
Rasp,

Did you figure out how to customize your fake Springboard in iForce 1.5 yet? You should be able to replicate your actual home screen better than ever before, not worse.

Take a look at this video Greg made explaining how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG3aJIF-0Fo

-Randy [/quote]

I have been a bad boy.....I have had iForce (version 1.5) on my iPhone 3GS for a long time. But, never used it. Now I upgraded to an iPhone 6 Plus and want to start using iForce.

The problem is that I can not get the springboard to work ?

I tried the simple set up and the black & white image setup. neither seems to be working :-)
I can not get the 3 fingers to work :-(

Ideas ?
If you do not want to reply publicly, please PM me.
Thx !
Iforce is great for max mavens arm chair bowler and positive negative!
Anyone else having iPhone6 Plus / IOS8 problems with iForce Springboard ? See above :-(
Please forgive if someone posted it in the last 8 pages.

I saw a magician friend did a very funny presentation using iForce

He got a deck of cards with action verbs printed. For example like run, speak, talk… you know that. He showed first ten. Then turn the deck face down ask the spectator take one and do not let other see the card except herself, and put that in pocket.

Magician follows by writing down the word of the card in terms of telepathy…

After a lot of entertaining and funny banter, the magician reveals the card.

A huge around of applause followed.

Anyone knows where I can get this tric? I truly appreciate you can help to get the tric so that I can perform it, so funny to laymen and magicians alike.
It's Wayne Dobson's SeXchange
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Dec 4, 2014 05:46AM)
It was written in the previous 8 pages. Using IForce for this routine is my idea. However you should not have written out the routine in a public forum.
The way I presented the idea did not expose the routine.

Wayne's SeXchange is great but I also recommend Cody's Comedy Book Test which uses a similar routine with a much more universal word that can be used at many more venues.

I am going to ask to the moderators to remove the post explaining the whole routine though because we don't want it getting exposure.

Your answer is yes purchase. Wayne Dobson's SeXchange or Cody's Comedy Book Test both are fantastic.
[quote]On Dec 4, 2014, GordonTheHypnotist wrote:
It was written in the previous 8 pages. Using IForce for this routine is my idea. However you should not have written out the routine in a public forum.
The way I presented the idea did not expose the routine.

Wayne's SeXchange is great but I also recommend Cody's Comedy Book Test which uses a similar routine with a much more universal word that can be used at many more venues.

I am going to ask to the moderators to remove the post explaining the whole routine though because we don't want it getting exposure.

Your answer is yes purchase. Wayne Dobson's SeXchange or Cody's Comedy Book Test both are fantastic. [/quote]

Dear Gordan,

Please do so and I apologise I did not notice that in the first place.
I still have not given up on trying to get the Springboard option to work on iForce using my iPhone 6 Plus in Zoom mode.

Funny thing happened. I kept trying and now I found that I was able to get it to OCCASIONALLY work, but, it is inconsistent.
These rare working occurrences also involved a strange sequence to trick iForce into Springboard mode.

I still can not seem to get hold of Greg Rostami to provide guidance or I can affer to help him troubleshoot the problem.

Greg, do you monitor this topic ? Please PM me ....

HELP !
:-(
One other thing...even when I get the Spring board to work, the answer is sometimes wrong....
I wonder if this is because the iPhone 6 PLUS has 6 ICONs per row vs. the previous iPhones ?

http://media2.giga.de/2014/10/welten.jpg

Thoughts ?

Isn't anyone else running into this problem in Springboard mode ?
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Dec 8, 2014 11:51PM)
[quote]On Dec 9, 2014, Expertmagician wrote:
One other thing...even when I get the Spring board to work, the answer is sometimes wrong....
I wonder if this is because the iPhone 6 PLUS has 6 ICONs per row vs. the previous iPhones ?

http://media2.giga.de/2014/10/welten.jpg

Thoughts ?

Isn't anyone else running into this problem in Springboard mode ? [/quote]

Spoke to Greg the other day. I asked him specifically about this problem for you and he said he is aware and his team are trying to fix it. Apple has used a whole new coding system for its apps so he is basically having to redo a large portion of it. This is one of his top projects and he is always trying to stay with current updates.
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Dec 8, 2014 11:54PM)
[quote]On Dec 7, 2014, Steven Leung wrote:

Dear Gordan,

Please do so and I apologise I did not notice that in the first place. [/quote]

No worries Steven it looks like someone has already edited your post to take out any exposure of the routine.
GordonTheHypnotist...thank you for the feedback.....Since no one was replying to me, I did not know if I was doing something wrong or if it was a known problem.

Now that I know it is a known problem, I can be a little patient for his iPhone6 Plus update in zoom mode :-)
After all, most people who want the larger screen bought it because they want to see the small text larger :-)

Thank you !

NOTE: I want to buy TelePhoto, but am worried that all the features will not work on the iPhone6 Plus in zoom mode ?
Do you think you can find out before I purchase ?

Thx !
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Dec 10, 2014 10:36PM)
I answered your question in another thread but basically with the way TeleFoto works is the spectator is viewing pictures via their device and your device is hidden. There are various ways to get the information to you but none of them would be good if you had to zoom in to see them.
[quote]On Dec 9, 2014, Expertmagician wrote:
I still have not given up on trying to get the Springboard option to work on iForce using my iPhone 6 Plus in Zoom mode.

Funny thing happened. I kept trying and now I found that I was able to get it to OCCASIONALLY work, but, it is inconsistent.
These rare working occurrences also involved a strange sequence to trick iForce into Springboard mode.

I still can not seem to get hold of Greg Rostami to provide guidance or I can affer to help him troubleshoot the problem.

Greg, do you monitor this topic ? Please PM me ....

HELP !z
:-( [/quote]

I have just bought it and have the same problem on my iPhone 6 :(
Hi Rowland....

Thanks for letting the Café know.....and verifying my complaint.

Maybe the more people who complain about the iForce problem on the iPhone6 in zoom mode, the more likely the problem will be fixed :-)

At least the iTunes store should warm people that the software does not work as advertised on iPhone 6 Plus.

However, I do plan on buying telephoto tomorrow and hoping that it works on my iPhone6 in Zoom mode !
Hi Expertmagician, I'm just curious since I don't own iPhone6, do you use advance or simple setting for the springboard? Have you try both of them?
[quote]On Jan 18, 2015, Expertmagician wrote:
Hi Rowland....

Thanks for letting the Café know.....and verifying my complaint.

Maybe the more people who complain about the iForce problem on the iPhone6 in zoom mode, the more likely the problem will be fixed :-)

At least the iTunes store should warm people that the software does not work as advertised on iPhone 6 Plus.

However, I do plan on buying telephoto tomorrow and hoping that it works on my iPhone6 in Zoom mode ! [/quote]

It is something that winds me up that an app is still on sale without any warning that it doesn't work with some phones and in many cases it doesn't work with any phone. It is not fair for someone to purchase an app when the developer knows that there is a fix that they are working for it. This applies more to apps that don't work with any phones. I know many developers had problems with iOS 8 but I believe the app should not be for sale until the problems are sorted. I know developers in general work hard to get the problems sorted asap but that is no consolation to someone that has bought it only to find it doesn't work. That said telephoto works great on iPhone 6 and doesn't need to be in zoom mode.
Rant over lol
[quote]On Jan 19, 2015, daniltan wrote:
Hi Expertmagician, I'm just curious since I don't own iPhone6, do you use advance or simple setting for the springboard? Have you try both of them? [/quote]

I tried BOT the Advanced and Simple setting to get to the spring board.....
The problem is that the 3 fingers does not work consistently to get to the springboard screen(s).

I have to try a random number of times and it may work sometimes....very frustrating....I can not figure out why it works sometimes and not others.

For all intents and purposes the Springboard feature us useless now on the iPhone 6 Plus unless someone can help or fix the bug :-(
Just so people know.....Someone was kind enough to tell me another way to get to the SpringBoard :-)
yea !
Now I am happy :-)
Thanks...you know who you are !
Message: Posted by: The Perceptionist (Jan 23, 2015 12:41AM)
Care to share?😉
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Jan 23, 2015 03:23AM)
Yeah I'll share ....the method is very easy.

Two finger swipe > choose a preset > draw something > Two finger swipe again > tap fake exit on bottom left of preset screen.

You see I never knew the 3 finger swipe method existed because I use to have an Android and never bothered to read the instructions for iOS when I got an iPhone. I've always used the 2 finger swipe and tap exit to go to fake home screen.

I don't own a 6 but I have been told that the icons you press to get to the correct (chosen) word, number etc are different so you might want to play with the fake home screen for a bit to get everything learned again.
The iPhone6 plus (not sure about the iPhone6), also has a gotcha with the spring board....
When you use the springboard, the ICONs work a little differently.
I suspect this is because their are more ICONs per page.

(ie. the 3rd row is skipped)....play with it and you will see.
But, at least the springboard works and it is consistent now :-)

yea and thanks !
Is it just me but I never use the springboard method. I feel the flip method is so much more cleaner and deceiving. The main two routines I use is a variations of Max`s Mavens positive negative with 4 coins, penny, nickel, dime and quarter and another Max thing called armchair bowler where the spectator uses imaginary bowling to knock down a certain amount of pins. I like these two routines because it`s very easy for the audience to follow and packs a punch :)
I need more experience performing the effect....but, it seems to me that if you just do the effect once, the flip method is great...but, for a repeat, then changing methods may be better.
I need to play more in front of a real audience :-)
Yea, you can set it to be reflippable but to repeat the effect with the re flip locked is very easy to 3 finger swipe while "writing your prediction".
Give it a shot!
What a great APP, Greg! Thank you for creating it.

And, this thread is a virtual gold mine of ideas. I've come up with one myself. I haven't finished reading this entire thread in detail so I apologize if this is redundant to someone else's post.

I call this "motorized trans"(portation). I'm going to try and post a pic because it easier than typing out all the instructions on my iphone. Also, one thing I opted to do was re-order my phone "rotations", as you'll see. I alternate fast, slow, fast, slow... and I positioned the outs by the number of letters in each word and which of each two is slower and which is faster. I hope this makes sense as you look at the pic. This arrangement is, of course, intended as a memory key for me. Yours may be different.
Sorry, the pic didn't post the first time. I'll try again.
OK, so foregoing trying to post a pic of this Iforce pre-set, I will try to describe it. First you ask you spectator to "picture", in their mind, a mode of transportation for getting from one place to another; "you, know... something motorized". Then you roll the iphone over for the appropriate out.

Looking at the back of your Iphone the pre-set goes like this....

At the top...
Position1/ Hare- CAR
Position5/ Tortoise- BUS
Both options here contain 3 letters. The CAR (Hare) would be a faster means of transport (the faster flip) than the BUS (Tortoise).

The first long side...
Both words contain 4 letters...
Position2/ Hare- TAXI; is the faster of these two
Position6/ Tortoise- BOAT; is the slower of these

The bottom flip... 5 letters each...
Position3/ Hare- PLANE; faster
Position7/ Tortoise- TRAIN; slower (in both reality and in the flip maneuver )

Hopefully, by now you see the pattern, but the last side contains the only exception.
Position4/ Hare- MOTORCYCLE; which is comprised of 10 letters, is, in my mind, a faster means of transportation than...
Position8/ Tortoise- SUBWAY

Of course, the relative speeds of these modes of transportation are subjective and you may choose to assign the positions in this pre-set differently, but for me, this is a great way the remember the positions/flips.
BTW, when I write the words for the pre-set, I print in all caps and I actually use a stylus and turn the phone sideways to allow more room for the word. Also, I print Motorcycle on two line and hyphenate the it like this.... MOTOR-
CYCLE
When, in the routine, I pretend to write these words with my finger, again I rotate the Iphone on it's side, for the sake of consistency.

Also, since you're asking the spectator to "picture" the mode of transportation, to me (and I think most people), PLANE and airplane would register as a hit; as would cab and TAXI, ship and BOAT, TRAIN and tram, etc., even MOTORCYCLE and motor-scooter or motor-bike, would be, if not a hit, at least a "very-near miss."

I hope these instructions are clear enough and I hope someone likes and uses this pre-set. Please let me know your thoughts! (No pun intended)

Enjoy!
One more thing.... If I think I'm dealing with that difficult spectator, I also always exclude submarine and helicopter at the beginning by saying "but, not extreme modes of transportation like helicopter or submarine, but rather, ways most people might get around." If this exclusion doesn't appeal to you, you could always replace SUBWAY with helicopter in the pre-set and flip TRAIN when someone says SUBWAY. And BOAT would work as a close-enough hit for submarine,

As I think about it, I may alter my own pre-set just that way and eliminate my exclusion of submarine and helicopter at the beginning of the patter.
[quote]On Feb 12, 2015, TSW wrote:
One more thing.... If I think I'm dealing with that difficult spectator, I also always exclude submarine and helicopter at the beginning by saying "but, not extreme modes of transportation like helicopter or submarine, but rather, ways most people might get around." If this exclusion doesn't appeal to you, you could always replace SUBWAY with helicopter in the pre-set and flip TRAIN when someone says SUBWAY. And BOAT would work as a close-enough hit for submarine,

As I think about it, I may alter my own pre-set just that way and eliminate my exclusion of submarine and helicopter at the beginning of the patter. [/quote]
I love it!!
Thank you, Greg, for the compliment. And thanks for a really clever and versatile magic APP!
Is there an easy way to reset the app to defaults without reloading the app? I put in a code in doodle and forgot what it is.
I just came up with a cool preset. You have to draw a rough picture of yourself (doesn't even resemble you) on all the side spots, and on one side put a dot on your wrist, and on the other put a dot on your ankle. Before you perform draw a dot on your real wrist or ankle. Then open doodle, start the preset, and draw the picture of yourself. Show them the picture, then hold the phone face down. Ask them to tap the screen in a random spot, and when they do, act like you felt something tap your wrist. Then flip over the phone, and show the preset image with the dot on the wrist. Finally reveal the dot you drew on your wrist.
[quote]On Jun 5, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
I just came up with a cool preset. You have to draw a rough picture of yourself (doesn't even resemble you) on all the side spots, and on one side put a dot on your wrist, and on the other put a dot on your ankle. Before you perform draw a dot on your real wrist or ankle. Then open doodle, start the preset, and draw the picture of yourself. Show them the picture, then hold the phone face down. Ask them to tap the screen in a random spot, and when they do, act like you felt something tap your wrist. Then flip over the phone, and show the preset image with the dot on the wrist. Finally reveal the dot you drew on your wrist. [/quote]
VERY COOL! Kinda like a Voodoo doll effect!!

G Ro
Hi can someobe tell me how many different presets can you register on the app please ?
I posted this in another forum, but realized that some users here had provided a solution to one of the problems I was facing, so I am re-posting here and hope that someone would be kind enough to provide a solution to the other 2 problems I am facing:

I just downloaded iForce on my iPhone SE running ios 11.3 but have the following problems which I need help with:

1. The fake screen has a black bar at the top which I can't figure out why as the screenshot does not have a black bar (see image). HELP STILL NEEDED!

2. The 3-finger swipe to access the Springboard requires more than 1 swipe more than 80% of the time! This makes the move look highly suspicious. SOLVED! Thanks to earlier post in this forum!

3. None of the instruction/demo videos work! HELP STILL NEEDED!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Ew
[quote]On Mar 25, 2017, qkeli wrote:
Hi can someobe tell me how many different presets can you register on the app please ? [/quote]

You can customize up to 8 presets.
Message: Posted by: The_Mediocre_Gatsby (Jun 9, 2018 03:13PM)
Karl Hein has a great idea in his at the table lecture
[quote]On Jun 9, 2018, The_Mediocre_Gatsby wrote:
Karl Hein has a great idea in his at the table lecture [/quote]

Could you describe the effect?
Message: Posted by: The_Mediocre_Gatsby (Jun 12, 2018 08:40PM)
He talks about it in conjunction with an effect using his Heiny 500 gimmick. It's less an effect and an idea he has about using equivoque and iForce to create a bulletproof process which feels incredibly free, but allows you to have predicted exactly the choices a spectator might make. The lecture is quite good overall, but that one idea is worth at least 10x the lecture price. If you get the lecture and want to hear my ideas for it, PM me and I'll happily share.
Thanks for the info!
[quote]On May 29, 2018, patapon wrote:!

3. None of the instruction/demo videos work! HELP STILL NEEDED!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Ew [/quote]

I have the same problem with the videos not working.
I think Greg moved his URL and now the video links are dead. Did you find a solution?
Licence to Force
Here is another idea:
You start with some trivia about James Bond.
When the first movie came out, how many movies there have been, how many of the villains where played by German Actors, etc.
The idea is to suggest, that there is a lot of stuff to know about James Bond. (It will also later help you establish how you used the trivia to secretly influence your spectator, if you so whish)

Now ask the spectator to think of a James Bond Actor, that they think you do not think that they would think of. 😁
Point out, that most people will go for Sean Connery, so they may choose to reconsider.
Then mention, that you may have said this to throw them off and go for second most popular choice, Daniel Craig. Or to go for the least known one, David Niven (I like to hint to Niven, because it gives the impression that there may be more unknown Bond actors like Niven and hence the choice of Bond actors bigger than it really is).

Actually as of now there where only 7 actors.
I set them up like this:

Slow reveal:
Sean Connery (1962–1967, 1971, 1983)
Roger Moore (1973–1985)
Pierce Brosnan (1995–2002)
Daniel Craig (2006–present)

Fast reveal:
David Niven (1967)
George Lazenby (1969)
Timothy Dalton (1987–1989)
Goldfinger, (Miracle reveal)

Point out that they believe, that they have a totally free choice, although you are using some secret psychological techniques, developed by the MI6 to select and manipulate your asset (spectator). After informing the spectators about this, allow themto change their mind. Point out, that if they do not change their mind they will later ask themselves, what would have happened if. Now have them reveil which actor they thought of.

Give the spectator a general personality reading based on the chosen actor.
e.g.
Connery = firm, does not get distracted
Lazenby = original,
Dalton = classic, sophisticated, probably loves theater
Niven = good sense of humor
etc. …

Reveal your prediction.

Now as you notice, there have currently only been seven Bond actors.
So I use the eight preset to aim for a miracle.
If the spectator’s thought of actor is — against my strong advice — Connery, I will give a quick reading and then ask, if the choice was actor based or movie based. Either way I will ask which movie comes to mind. If the answer is Goldfinger, I point out that since 1962 more than 20 Bond movies have been produced (25, if you like the exact number). That Connery played in seven of them. That I strongly discouraged your spectator from choosing Connery and that thererfore Goldfinger should have been totally ruled out.

Then I reveal Goldfinger.

If the spectator does not think of Goldfinger, I simply reveal Connery.
[quote]On Jun 12, 2015, Greg Rostami wrote:
[quote]On Jun 5, 2015, ZachDavenport wrote:
I just came up with a cool preset. You have to draw a rough picture of yourself (doesn't even resemble you) on all the side spots, and on one side put a dot on your wrist, and on the other put a dot on your ankle. Before you perform draw a dot on your real wrist or ankle. Then open doodle, start the preset, and draw the picture of yourself. Show them the picture, then hold the phone face down. Ask them to tap the screen in a random spot, and when they do, act like you felt something tap your wrist. Then flip over the phone, and show the preset image with the dot on the wrist. Finally reveal the dot you drew on your wrist. [/quote]
VERY COOL! Kinda like a Voodoo doll effect!!

G Ro [/quote]

I like the idea a lot! This is how I adapted it. I have a voodoo doll scribble preset with a pin📌 in the head, arms, legs, feet and stomach. For the performance I scribble a voodoo doll in the stile of the preset. Then I flip the phone and ask the spectator to pin any part of the body. If the spectator places the pin in the right wrist, as an extra kicker I reveil the dot mark on my own wrist.

Note: I found it useful to define beforehand which side of the scribbled voodoo doll is left, and which is right so there is no confusion afterwards („oh, you meant „mirror left‘“)
@Greg I cannot get the Videos to work. How can I best reach out to you for help?
[quote]On Nov 5, 2009, Greg Rostami wrote:

P.S. Has anybody here had a chance to look at the instruction videos that come with iForce. I would really like to know what you think of them. Since all the videos are online, it's pretty easy for me to change them at will. [/quote]

Can you please make them available again? 🙏🙏🙏