(Close Window)
Topic: Google App By Alan Rorrison
http://www.alanrorrison.com/indegapp1926367.html

Welcome to the crazy world of Iphone magic. The iphone has loads of Apps designed to do magic in the app store but I stumbled across one problem. None of them really seemed organic. As soon as you performed one of these effects with the phone everyone screams " its an app!!! very clever but its an app". The Google app is my attempt to combat this which I think I have done well. Here is what happens.

You ask the spectator to name any card that they like. No force is involved and it truly is a completly free choice. You then hand them your phone which has the google search engine on the screen ready for the magic to happen. you ask them to type " what is my card?" or somthing similar into Google and hit the "Google search" button.
Now watch as there face drops. Google has not only told them what card they freely thought off but it has also brought up a full page full of search results linked to the card. They can even go into the Images section and be greeted with pages of image results showing the card. If they think its just a cleaver app the can do any standard search the like as they are on the real Google!

Key points:

ANY card can be selected. There is no force what so ever
They ask google " what is my card?" so you are hands off!
Can be repeated instantly with any other card
Super simple UI makes it easy to use
The effect uses Google. Something everyone is familiar with
It is in your pocket and ready to go at all times.
They are left on the REAL GOOGLE with no idea how this could be possible.

check it out, at £2 its a steal
Sounds incredible Alan. Gonna have to add this to my imagic collection.

Downloaded, tried and tested. I like this. You do require an internet connection to perform this but that's no problem, really.
Alan,will this work with Ipod touch.Thanks.
As long as you have a Wifi conection it will work with the iPod Touch perfectly. The effect uses google so you do need a net connection, 3g or wifi and even edge work perfectly
The Google app is just awesome. It combines state of the art App Technology with an easy to use interface to create an awesome hard hitting effect. Alan's worked his behind of on this and it really shows in the sheer quality of it. Googape is just freaky deakey cool! Good apping work Alan!

Jamie Daws
Why thank you jamie . This is a similar
trick on pc but the method simply crippled the I phone and the performer had
to input the question. Thankfully I have it working better than ever and I put the
control in the spectators hands. Ps thank you for the
great feed back do far folks

alan
Thanks for this app, Alan! I've already blown away a couple of people since I read this post this afternoon! I find that if you immediately click on the field to input your query, the screen moves so that you cannot see the URL at the top anymore (in case you are worried that someone may see what is there). Then away you go!
Have a peek in the instructions squire. I explain that lol but be carefully
that's boardering on exposure!
Sorry, Alan! Didn't mean to expose anything by my ignorance! ;-) Thanks again for an awesome app. Any more on the horizon?
Two more are in the the works so far mate. One
is nearly for and the other just started . Go to http://www.alanrorrison.com and follow me on Twitter and facebook from there and you'll get updates mate

alan
Well well Alan,

You little techno wizard! I didn't know you had it in you!!!

Best,

Ben
Cheers Ben. I do try my best. A new app should be up by friday but I am a little busy at the moment... But check out http://www.alanrorrison.com for details
Alan,I purchased this from your site last night,what happens now?do you email it to me??
You are redirected automaticly through checkout. If you closed your browser early, please emial me your transaction id and ill fix you up mate
I just purchased this. I've seen this before and I thought it was very clever. I really like it.

One thing I did was name the Application "Hearts." This way, because of the icon, it seems as if it's a card game, instead of a magic app.

The only thing I do not like is that when I open the application it does not automatically start at the beginning screen, and I will have to wait a few seconds for the page to reload.

I really hope my IP Address does not differ between my PC and iPod Touch, because if it does it will think I'm a pirate. Uh-oh...
The ip system did flag you mate but I noticed the name so your ok. Theload time is explained in the instructions but I do love the hearts game idea...

very good thinking young man
Does it work in a different language than english?
Just now it's only English. More languges will be in the update
With reference to the Forum Title this I would say is very APPealing!

Great fun Alan!

Ben
Thanks for this, Alan! I've added Google App to [url=http://headinside.blogspot.com/2009/06/iphone-and-ipod-amazement.html]my iPhone and iPod Amazement post[/url].
This sounds great! Exactly what I've been looking for! Now I just need to buy an Iphone 4S...
ALL credit to Alan.........purchased this app two days ago, but the link to download did not work.

No need to worry though, after swapping a couple of emails with Alan (which were all answered very speedily), a new revised link
was sent to me, which worked flawlessly ........now off to try it out......Many thanks Alan.
Sames problem , my link dosen't works ..

If you can reply to my private email

Regards

Didier LADANE from FRANCE
Finally broke down and purchased this through Lybrary.com. It's a wonderful idea. After all, the Google people just keep adding more and more refinements to Google. Why shouldn't it be able to do a magic trick too?

Alan, I also have your Dracula app and am very pleased with both of them! A minor quibble is that the fake homescreen doesn't look like the current version of the Google homescreen. I doubt anyone would notice that though, since your volunteer is focusing on typing the question.

Joe Libby
Ventriloquist and Magician
San Antonio, TX
[quote]
On 2011-10-25 08:39, rasp wrote:
ALL credit to Alan.........purchased this app two days ago, but the link to download did not work...after swapping a couple of emails with Alan (which were all answered very speedily).....Many thanks Alan... [/quote]

Purchased this app today at midnight, but the link to download did not work... ;-)
...mail to Alan, Alan mail to me immediately, app works great! That's magic!
But:
Alan, young man, at your age you should be asleep this time!!! ;-)

R-U-D-!
Purchased this when I had my iPhone. Worked great!
http://www.alanrorrison.com/indegapp1926367.html

Your link do not work guy...:-(. And Apps also:-(
Well!'''',no answer...,?
[quote]
On 2012-01-04 18:08, Didiercartomagie wrote:
Well!'''',no answer...,?
[/quote]

Alan is currently busy in London for the next month and will not be able to get back to most people. He is also currently working on updating his store on his website but due to his work that has taken a back burner. If you have any important questions for him let me know and the next time I see him I can let him know, otherwise if they are not urgent he will get back to you when he has the time.
I do not know who you have paid but I do not even have a store on my site just now to sell the anything never mind this app. I would be interested to see where you have found a link to even try buying this app! get back to me when you can
I pay the first time on your web site : my first link do not work and you send me a new one directly ( thanks)

The second time after somes problems on Lybrary.com ( the link is white )

You can see on your paypal adress. My private email is Didiercartomagie@aol.com and paypal Nathalie22190@aol.com

Sorry for désagrément . If you can help me it will be perfect . Thanks.

Regards
My site dosnt have this app for sale and has no for a few years now so I would need you exact payment details to look into that IF it was purchased from me directly. If you have an issue with anyone else who has sold you it you will need to take that up with them I'm afraid ad I so not know what delivery system they are using.
I send you on your private email the pdf my paiement. Error or mistake ...I don t know.
See attachement
And it is restulat ..--> . ERROR ....Are you satisfied .. ?

This is not so much the problem of price. I like your application I've used it many times successfully and I would like to continue using it.

Thank you for your help.
The statment you have sent is a lybrary statment. I am not a part of lybrary.... you need to contact them for that. again. you have not bought this from me and at this point in time and for the pat few years I have no stocked it
Thank you for your fantastic answer!

This will be my last post, but I would like to warn prospective buyers of your application.

I as you have stated on your first purchase your APPS email on this link, so I paid with my Apple account.

http://www.alanrorrison.com/appdownload18982/Suits.html

As the link does not work I have asked for a solution, you sent me a new link to woork one week ! ..great..

http://www.alanrorrison.com/gapp/Suits.html

I contacted you again but no response.

I bought this new application on another site Lybrary.com but without success, I paid this time by PAPYPAL ... and with a link that does not work again. I contacted the site Lybrary.com telling me rightly "We are sorry but we are distributor of this trick and if the download does not work you should contact the author " This is what I do very well with these exchanges of email. To hear that you had nothing to do.

So I resume it is not Alan's fault and not the fault of Lybrary. And I just paid twice for the Apps that does not work.

I'm not sure this is a very good advertisement for your apps it's a shame because it is particularly well conceived.

I am less impressed by your talents as Penn and Teller for the commercial part

But I am ONLY a customer ..Good luck for your business guy !

END OF THE STORY ...and thank for the " F..." ......Fun..:=)
I am sorry that that you feel that way but as stated. You have not bought this app from me. So if you have an issue with it running and not taking updates you will need to contact who you bought this from as they are the ones who sold it to you. If you buy a book in tesco and its missing a page. you take it back to tesco, not the author! I'm sure that makes sense on every level!

On my performance with penn and teller. Well you can have your opinion there mate. I enjoyed the experience.

On the only a customer statement.. well Your not. You havnt bought this from me so your not my customer. For all I know and how it sounds, it looks like ur trying to use a pirited copy if the app refuses to take any updates to links etc but hey. What do I know I just designed it.

Good luck in trying to steal others work kid... enjoy life.
Alan..... I too am having exactly the same problems as mentioned. I also purchased and the link did not work, I then received a message , apparently from you with a new link. This worked a few times, but now when I open the app I get a message that says the server can not be found. I do not understand what is happening, but it is your app and your reputation at the end of the day, please help to resolve the situation.

Many thanks

Ian
Hi Alan....i have just checked through my old emails and still have the ones which we swapped to resolve the initial problem I had. Now I am totally confused, because you said in the above post that you have not sold this app for years. I purchased this towards the end of last year. I will copy and paste the emails on here for you to see.

Thanks,

Ian.
Subject: Re Google app problem
Date: 24 October 2011 22:17:32 GMT+01:00
To: Alan Rorrison
Bcc: Ian Cheetham

This is the email used for my account. Have not received any other emails today, apart from these.
Please send the revised link to this email in next message.

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Oct 2011, at 22:00, Alan Rorrison <alan@alanrorrison.com> wrote:

I sent a revised link to you today... Check the email address that you have linked to your paypal account
On 24 Oct 2011, at 21:09, ian cheetham wrote:

Sorry but I don't understand your email, please go into more detail.

Ian

Sent from my iPhone

On 24 Oct 2011, at 20:48, Alan Rorrison <alan@alanrorrison.com> wrote:

check the mail address linked to pay pal.
On 24 Oct 2011, at 20:38, ian cheetham wrote:

Hi Alan,

I have now left two messages but not received any replies.

Yesterday I purchased the google app from your website, using paypal. I received the link which told me to open using safari on my iphone, and also paid particular attention as it said was case sensitive. Every time I try to go to that link I get a message that says 'sorry not found on this server'.

I would very much appreciate a response to this problem,

many thanks,

Ian.

link I was given.......www.alanrorrison.com/appdownload18982/Suits.html
Yes you found an old sales page link this is how I know exactly how many had been sold by me and who too my log system. I know you r one of my customers and I'll sort you out with a full link .
Thanks for the swift reply Alan...please let me know what to do

Ian.
Alan tell me how can I do to buy you this when APPS .. ? You see I am willing to pay a third time, I put the good will
[quote]
On 2012-01-09 15:33, Didiercartomagie wrote:
Alan tell me how can I do to buy you this when APPS .. ? You see I am willing to pay a third time, I put the good will
[/quote]

I cannot speak to what you may or may not have purchased from Alan. However, you have an invoice showing you purchased it from Lybrary. If you are having problems installing the app, contact Chris at Lybrary so that he can help you sort it out. Also, the directions for installing the apps from Lybrary are here:
http://www.lybrary.com/faq.php#10

Good luck!
Joe Libby
I had the same problem. Paid through paypal on Lybrary.com but there was no download link where there should have been. I contacted Lybrary and the creator but didn't get an answer from either. No great loss financially but it would have been nice to have got what I paid for...

all the best
Sean
Sean, I don't understand. The faq I linked to includes very clear instructions on how to install the app on your iPhone. Are you saying the app is not showing up for download in the mobile version of your Lybrary account?

Joe Libby
[quote]
On 2012-01-06 13:40, Didiercartomagie wrote:
I pay the first time on your web site : my first link do not work and you send me a new one

Sorry for désagrément . If you can help me it will be perfect . Thanks.

Regards
[/quote]
. Thanks.

Regards
[/quote]
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2012-01-10 13:05, jlibby wrote:
Sean, I don't understand. The faq I linked to includes very clear instructions on how to install the app on your iPhone. Are you saying the app is not showing up for download in the mobile version of your Lybrary account?

Joe Libby
[/quote]

Yes. Thanks for posting the FAQ but the 2 x A. Rorrison apps that I bought aren't even showing up with even dead links anymore. Still no reply from emails so I've given up on it!

All the best
Sean
Sean I'm in london just now. Now I know you bought them form me because I processed ur links manualy. email me at alan@alanrorrison.com and ill sort you out
You guys need to keep track of who you are buying your apps from. :)

Happy for everyone that this is getting sorted out!

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
[quote]
On 2012-01-21 13:32, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Sean I'm in london just now. Now I know you bought them form me because I processed ur links manualy. email me at alan@alanrorrison.com and ill sort you out
[/quote]

Thanks Alan. Just mailed you :)
[quote]
On 2012-01-21 15:58, jlibby wrote:
You guys need to keep track of who you are buying your apps from. :)

Happy for everyone that this is getting sorted out!

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
[/quote]

That is not the issue. The app was purchased through lybrary and originally showed up in the purchases section but with no download link. Now it is completely missing! Thankfully the Alan has a list of purchasers and can confirm that it was paid for.
Lybrary is a great resource but the customer service could do with improving.

And It's all good in the end thanks to Alan :)
[quote]
On 2012-01-21 13:32, Alan Rorrison wrote:
[/quote]

Did you get my email mate?
I did but. Getting you sorted asap... down here for some work atm
I've written at 11/04/2011 in this thread:
-------------
Purchased this app today at midnight, but the link to download did not work... ;-)
...mail to Alan, Alan mail to me immediately, app works great! That's magic!
-------------
Fantastic! But now it's time again for a new link! Sorry...! ;-)

R-U-D-!
Sean and rud... new links sent lads
Awesome...

Alan Rorrison Wed, Jan 25th, 2012 - 12:17 PM (EST)

Click to report this PM to Adminstration X *click*
"Perfect User!"

THX!

R-O-O-G-L-E
Hi Alan, still have not received any news about a new link that works, please can you get in touch

Many thanks,

Ian.
Could you pm me you order details.
Hi Alan, a copy of the emails we have swapped are posted above........not sure what other conformation you need, please advise
Still waiting for problem to be resolved!!