(Close Window)
Topic: Derren Brown’s 3D Magic Spectacular
Derren Brown hosts a special programme in which the world's greatest magicians perform in 3D. Britain's leading performers dazzle the audience and archive footage features performances of some of history's most famous tricks.

Starting 10pm Channel 4 UK

These never work for me but I'll enjoy the magic anyway.
I forgot about this...neato!

Nathan
It must be over by now, how was it? You needed those red/blue glasses to watch the whole show?
Barry and Stuart stole the show. Bloody brilliant! (see what I did there ;) ) Absolutely incredible performers... nuff said.

Col.
Is it online anywhere?
Should be on youtube in a few hours, you would need the red/blue glasses to watch it properly though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPTwAlPxo_o

I don't had *** glasses... but I will see it anyways
Bravo Derren , I didn't see it but congratulate him on re-enstating his link with the "magic" fraternity .Its good to remember where you came from ( that's not a snidey remark in the slightest )
Mark
[quote]
On 2009-11-17 06:12, markthorold wrote:
Bravo Derren , I didn't see it but congratulate him on re-enstating his link with the "magic" fraternity .Its good to remember where you came from ( that's not a snidey remark in the slightest )
Mark
[/quote]
btw.. on his twitter page it says: more mentalism at derrenbrown.co.uk
I saw bits of this show and wasn't impressed. Siegfred and Roy looked dated. Lots of a British duo Barry and Stuart, who are about as funny as a hernia. A hodge-podge of all the reasons magic is so often sneered at by the general population.
[quote]
On 2009-11-16 18:19, Colin wrote:
Barry and Stuart stole the show. Bloody brilliant! (see what I did there ;) ) Absolutely incredible performers... nuff said.

Col.
[/quote]

I have to agree they two are great very dark and very very funny. Tony how could you not like these guys?
Barry and Stuart were brilliant on their own show Magick way back when, and I've not seen anything they've done since that was quite as cool as that. The whole thing had a slightly insane feel about it that I thought was great. Magick series 2 anyone?

Re: DB3D: I think I enjoyed Derren's links more than some of the acts themselves. For some reason his high speed walk had me + Mrs. Smiff in stitches.
Yeah I think Magick, although NOT hugely middle-of-the-road commercially popular was brilliant. Alas....
Both Colin and I (ok so we're a couple, sue us!) saw the guys at The Fringe and they simply ARE funny. But.... not for everyone.
Bobser, the non-middle of the road nature was pretty much what I liked the most. One of the best sequences was at the end of the show where they were sat in a field in half a caravan, apparently stoned, just chatting with magic.

They are excellent, I love their rubiks cube routine on youtube.
Fist guy I saw doing the rubik'c cube was Bill Duncan of Fifth Dimension. But yes it's a fine wee trick
The trick itself is pretty much inconsequential, B&S's 'voice in the head' presentation is killer.
"Eye Cuddles?" Who wrote that intro?
I saw Barry & Stuart's pre-festival preview show in London earlier this year and it was fantastic..

Haven't had a hernia so can't compare the two right now..
Can you laugh so much you have a hernia? ... is so, that's my quote to them! Not that they need it now that they have been crowned the best comedy magic act in the world.

Some of the lines Stuart came out with on the spot were awesome. Very funny boys! Still got lots to see from them me thinks!

Col.
Chmara...Rod Serling wrote the best parts of that intro. I wonder if they paid his estate?