(Close Window)
Topic: 13 Steps to Mentalism Letter
Message: Posted by: Richard Osterlind (Nov 19, 2009 04:42PM)
My fellow Café members,

I was very gratified to recieve the following letter from Tony Corinda. He gave me permission to quote it here:

Dear Richard,

I have now had the opportunity (through the kindness of Martin MacMillan) to watch the complete set of DVD's you and your colleagues have produced and I am writing to compliment you all for an excellent job. I am most impressed with your endeavours to give a visual interpretation of my original work.

In my view, your work will enable many more people to venture into Mentalism. More than those who simply had to learn from reading matter. Something I could not have done with the aid of a battered old typewriter as my only means of conveying information. I think this presentation is a vast improvement on teaching the subject. I wonder what they will say, in fifty years time (about you and me), when they are communicating by telepathy?

I am pleased that you stuck to the idea of building blocks on techniques to construct a complete mental act. Your selection of effects and principles has worked very well indeed.
It must have been a formidable task — but you got it right.

For this, and much more, you deserve and now get — my congratulations!

Tony Corinda. Norfolk. England, 2009.
That gave me chills. Wow.
Thanks for sharing that, what a treat that must have been to receive it.

Although my opinion doesn't carry as much weight -- I have to say I agree 100% with Mr. Corinda. I'm thoroughly enjoying my DVDs.
Congratulations Richard!

I have viewed about one-half of the set and I agree with Mr. Corinda's thoughts - it has made the book come alive for me! I have been having a wonderful time going back and forth between the video and the book.

Thanks for making such a valuable tool available!

Don
Wow...and that from the man himself!
What an honor!

Congrats Richard!
Thank you VERY much for sharing that, Richard! High praise indeed!! You deserve it!
Paul Pacific
More than amazing... receiving an accolade from Tony Corinda himself.
There's no better quote or testimonial.
Congratulations Richard!

p.s.: and I'm glad to hear that Tony is still alive!
Message: Posted by: Richard Osterlind (Nov 19, 2009 05:21PM)
Thanks, everyone, for sharing this joy with me.

Never in my wildest dreams, when I was first starting out in mentalism and 13 Steps was my basic textbook, did I ever envision anything like this. For me, it is about the greatest honor I could receive.

Richard
[quote]
On 2009-11-19 18:17, RickDangerous wrote:
More than amazing... receiving an accolade from Tony Corinda himself
p.s.: and I'm glad to hear that Tony is still alive!
[/quote]

That's the weird part... Tony sent that message from the other side. :rotf:

Congratulations, Richard!!! Absolutely a great representation of DVDs of a great book.

Greg
Richard, I thank you very much! This actually couldn't have been released at a better time for me, as I'm just getting into mentalism...I'm about half way through my dvd.s and am reading the book as well...Thanks to you, Jim Sisti, and obviously Mr. Corinda, my learning is greatly enhanced...

Thanks again,

Mark
Corinda lives in Norfolk! that's so near me its crazy!
Richard, we want to thank you forever, but forever isn't long enough.
I think it's a wonderful compliment to have the originator of the work give a hearty thumbs up to your project, Richard.

Good for you.

- entity
Richard & Jim,
Congratulations for a job well done! Corinda's words are giving you the seal of approval. Bravo! You should both be very proud. I'm happy for the both of you not just for Tony's words but having the vision, staying true to the original works and making it become a reality.

Mindpro
Wow in my ignorance I did not think Tony Corinda was still with us and I had always imagined him as an italian american.

Hocus-Pocus just delivered my 13 steps DVD's (in record time for USA to NZ-great service). Now I have to wait for the wife to go to bed so I can begin watching them
Congratulations!!
Congrats! Which paticular DVDs are they?
Congratulations. I am sure it was an awesome feeling reading it for the first time.
[quote]
On 2009-11-20 10:25, magicFreak2 wrote:
Congrats! Which paticular DVDs are they?
[/quote]

magicfreak2,

Here you go....

http://osterlindstore.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/87?osCsid=90f4d47939ef5e330a68b9ac9c8d7904

Respectfully,
rochaz
Thanks rochaz, will have to pick them up. I've always loved telepathy routines :D
You should deffenetly read the book as well, so much knowledge in there.

What an honour Richard, congradulations.

Daren
Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

Jean
WOW!
Mr. Osterlind I love all of your stuff. I already wanted to see these DVDs, but now they are on the top of my list and I am considering them 'must haves.'
That is quite an exciting letter, thank you for sharing it. :)
-Courtney
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Nov 20, 2009 11:43PM)
Richard,

You should feel good about this honor. You very much deserve it. I am very glad I bought this set. It is a great help to have this set as you also read the 13 Steps book. Plus lets NOT forget all your personal touches on the workings as well. You did a great job my mentalism friend and I'm glad to see you are getting the recognition you so much deserve.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Richard,

It was great seeing your show in Grant County, Ky., and I particularly enjoyed hearing about the letter in the conversation that followed the show.

It was such a pleasure watching you interact with the audience. You are great on your DVDs, but so much better live. You are really bold in how you deal with the audience. I guess after doing this for 40 years you might have a hunch when you are about to hit on something, but I was absolutely stunned at how many hits you had ... and this was just icing on the cake.

It was great getting to see your full corporate show plus your hypnotism show.

Again, congratulations on the letter.

Bobby
What a cool letter! Simply fantastic, it's obviously a heartfelt congratulations to a class act written by someone we all admire. Open the windows and let the ticker tape stream out! Congratulations, Mr. Osterlind. Hardly a day goes by that I don't use one of your ideas, tips, or touches. Thanks for sharing your creative passion with the rest of us.
I got a set of these last weekend from Wizard Craft (Craig Dickson) and only had a chance to watch the first step and Mediumistic Stunts (year I jumped ahead) and they are well worth the $120 price for 6 DVDs.

Congrats Richard!

Dave Birtwell
Message: Posted by: Richard Osterlind (Nov 21, 2009 10:30AM)
[quote]
On 2009-11-21 01:14, robwar0100 wrote:
Richard,

It was great seeing your show in Grant County, Ky., and I particularly enjoyed hearing about the letter in the conversation that followed the show.

It was such a pleasure watching you interact with the audience. You are great on your DVDs, but so much better live. You are really bold in how you deal with the audience. I guess after doing this for 40 years you might have a hunch when you are about to hit on something, but I was absolutely stunned at how many hits you had ... and this was just icing on the cake.

It was great getting to see your full corporate show plus your hypnotism show.

Again, congratulations on the letter.

Bobby
[/quote]

Bobby,

Thanks to you, Leland and Joe for taking all that time to drive down to the show and contribute to a worthy cause. It was great having you there!

Richard
Looks to me as though Tony has passed the torch to you Richard. Certainly the highest of awards. Congratulations!