(Close Window)
Topic: Nervous mouse
All of sudden, I seem to be having trouble with my computer mouse. It's wireless and has worked fine up until now. For some reason, the cursor moves all over the screen by itself. It's difficult to point and click. I've tried unplugging the connection and reconnecting but that hasn't helped. I don't see any setting adjustments and wondered if any of you computer experts might have a suggestion or solution. It's only about 4 months old.
Try replacing the batteries and cleaning the lens on the bottom if this is a laser mouse. If a ball mouse (unlikely), the mechanical mechanism may be wearing out. Also make sure the surface on which the mouse is on is clean as well.
Thanks Clyde, I didn't think about the batteries since I just changed them recently. I changed them again and it seems to have fixed the problem. Maybe the last set of batteries weren't good to start with.
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Nov 26, 2009 04:35PM)
One of the most irritating things is when the batteries or charge starts to lose its strength in the mouse or keyboard....but I'm either too stubborn, too lazy, or too frugal to change them until they're about dead! :)