(Close Window)
Topic: Simon Aronson - Magician's Only
I've been trying to access the "Magician's Only" link on Simon's site for a few days, with no luck. It shows an error page, "wrong password". I do know Mr. Vernon's first name..... What's up?

http://www.simonaronson.com
Ah, that appears to be some sort of server-side error. It appears the Perl script has gotten all out of sync. A line break in the script seems to be missing, so an important part of the script is commented out, though I'm no Perl expert.

And the password's being flashed too... not that it's the NSA inner sanctum or anything, just a measure to deter the casual nosey parker.

It does usually work, I've been there. Guess I'll email Mr. Aronson to let him know.
Thanks Futurist! I've been there too, several times....
1) it is the shortened version of the first name which is required, however:
2) it currently looks like the Perl interpreter is not working (sorry for techy speak), you might need to wait a little for it to be repaired (or read the page in your browser a bit more carefully to find the door)
Hey, I talk with Simon all the time, and he is aware of the snafu, but he's a dumbhead and can't fix it himself. So, he had a friend put a bypass on that page, that says "Click Here". And guess what? If you click here (actually, not HERE, but there) it will take you into the Magicians Only page.

But now there's no password protection, so millions of non-magicians (like maybe even your Mother) might visit and take a peek at all of Simon's secrets. I have a trick of my own up there, so I'm worried too.

So, until Simon finds someone to fix it, YOU can use the Click Here button -- but don't tell your Mother!

Mergel Funsky
Cheers, Mergel. Didn't notice that link - it was "hidden in plain sight" :)
Thanks Mergel....

But, what if mom is a magician? :)
It's back in operation
BTW the answer has to be all in lowercase!! I got tripped up on capitalization