(Close Window)
Topic: Where to get "ringflight" type "clasps"???
Message: Posted by: FrankBenning (Dec 7, 2009 09:14AM)
Have something where I need the type of "easy click on" clasp that's also used to attach a ring to the key case (line) in "ringflight".

Anybody know a place to find these????

Message: Posted by: Stanyon (Dec 7, 2009 09:35AM)
Check the jewelry section of any craft store. You are looking for "lobster clasps". Look carefully as there are small and large ones. You want the large variety.
Message: Posted by: TomBaker (Dec 7, 2009 11:08PM)
Frank! I know we've been corresponding about some things I'm working on...but wanted to post this here in case anybody eles would like it.

You can make a "clasp" like this from a piece of wire (I use 19 gauge)...just figure the size you need it to be and make the wire into a kind of "arrowhead" shape...bent it in a "V" and then bend the top wires in so they meet at the top of the "V"...but downward.

When you push this on another wire..or ring or whatever...the top two wire ends will allow the "ring" (or..???) to pass through...and not slip back out.

This makes a "clasp" for super cheap!!!

Talk to you later!!
Message: Posted by: Bill Hegbli (Dec 11, 2009 01:40PM)
That is the same clip design Sterling Magic used with their superior Ring Flight when they made them way back when. I thought it would scratch the spectator's ring. It looked like thay made theirs out of a Safety Pin, but they could have put the tail in a chrome wire.
Message: Posted by: Jon Blakeney (Apr 8, 2012 12:01AM)
Hi Frank,Iwas able to buy a small clasp from a camping store like the one used in Departure for $8.
Hope this helps.