(Close Window)
Topic: What's it called?
Message: Posted by: dbaronian (Dec 14, 2009 03:51PM)
Hi guys,
There's a flourish/trick that is done with one hand. It's when the magician extends his hand palm facing the audience and then with a gentle wave the cards appear from behind his hand, he fans them, drops them, and does it again and again. I it's a back palm and that the cards aren't ordinary playing cards. they seem to be a gloss finish and smaller in size. Can anyone direct me to the name of the cards and the name of the trick/flourish?

Thank You,
Dany Baronian
Message: Posted by: keeblem (Dec 15, 2009 12:55AM)
I believe this is simply called back palm productions. The techniques (which require a lot of practice!) are taught on Jeff McBrides "Art of card manipulations" DVDs.

He also teaches how to break in a normal pack of cards to facilitate the technique. I believe you can get special cards which are thinner and often have a pink back design to hide the edges when when in back palm.

I've just found these:


Message: Posted by: dbaronian (Dec 15, 2009 01:04AM)
Thank you Mark,
I just found that out at the Magic Castle today. I also saw Jeff breaking in the deck. Looking forward to mastering it.

Thanks Again,
Dany Baronian