(Close Window)
Topic: The Showdown Wallet
Coming from Outlaw and Ran Pink (author of Think Pink)

The Showdown

PM me if you'd like some skinny

-Rick
What is this?
[quote]
On 2009-12-25 17:32, Steve Travis wrote:
What is this?
[/quote]
It's the cats meow :)
This subforum is meant for reviews, right?

Kaj
Outlaw and Ran Pink combining efforts should be incredible.

Chris
[quote]
On 2009-12-27 21:50, Review King wrote:
Outlaw and Ran Pink combining efforts should be incredible.

Chris
[/quote]

Definitely!!
I already preordered 2 Showdown! *** all
this Outlaw stuff is just to good! Got Magnum, Panther, Od, kioku, sanctum already!
Even my girl wants a Panther now :-D

I wonder how Rick shipped my last order so fast during holiday season!
Definitely recommended! Thanks Rick!
When will be release ?
Feb. 1st.
Ordered.
If I could just purchase ONE of the Outlaw wallets--which one would you all recommend. The Magnum, Panther, or Showdown?
Showdown. :)

Seriously, it depends on what you need from a wallet. Go read the descriptions about the Magnum and Panther on the Outlaw website and see what you think. As for the Showdown, you'll have to contact Rick to find out more about it.
I'm a big fan of The Hideout and the Magnum in combination with the latter serving as my business card case. But....I just saw video (I hope Rick doesn't kill me for sharing this) of the Showdown and that might make a convert of me. It is off the chart clever and expecting it to be of the same quality as the Hideout, it will serve my primary use with the Hidout, make a great day to day wallet and then some. I don't review until product is in hand but this does look excellent.
I admit that I know very little about the Showdown - Bill, where did you see video? How does it compare to the "Cassidy" by Nakul Shenoy?

Lee
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, but from what I've seen, the Showdown is an improvement on a type of wallet that I've had a longstanding love/hate relationship with. The Outlaw guys have taken the parts I hated and eliminated them (in a way that I'm kicking myself for not having thought of on my own), in addition to adding a generous helping of the kinds of cool features we've come to expect from them. I'm very optimistic about the outcome.
[quote]
On 2010-01-13 12:58, espmagic wrote:
I admit that I know very little about the Showdown - Bill, where did you see video? How does it compare to the "Cassidy" by Nakul Shenoy?

Lee
[/quote]
The Showdown is a variation of Hideout which has been on my site for about a year now.

It has the same ID window

It has one flap instead of the two in the Hideout and it's a the locking flap like one of the Hideout flaps.

It is a Sho-gun style wallet, with only HORIZONTAL POCKETS! BOTH WAYS :)

looks normal any side

its a switching wallet

its got multiple indexes

multiple peek

-Rick
Forgot something - you can load or steal cards, billets etc... :)
So glad I preordered two
:) :)
[quote]
On 2010-01-13 13:51, Roth wrote:
It is a Sho-gun style wallet, with only HORIZONTAL POCKETS! BOTH WAYS :)
[/quote]

That right there is the bit that's got me excited. I'm glad Roth let it out of the bag so I can talk about it. For years I've loved the concept of the shogun wallet, but could never get past the "sideways" pockets. They looked funny, and there were never enough of them for use as a real wallet. The Showdown solves both of those problems; the pockets are the same as the ones in a "normal" wallet, and there are enough of them for real life use. It also incorporates the best features of some "enhanced" shogun-type wallets, as well as Outlaw's James Bond peek technology.
I pre-ordered, and am eagerly awaiting the 1st of feb for launch!

I've even ordered a bespoke "inner thing" from richard hennessey too with my monogram on it in preparation...i have at least four routines ready that I wanna test out with this dirty beast...
Seriously. This is the most amazing wallet I've EVER seen. And, it's NOT because it does any one trick, or effect, it's because it will allow me to DO ANYTHING I'll ever want to do with a wallet. I consider it a "toolbox" made in leather. And with this toolbox I can build virtually ANY effect.

Simply amazing!

Benny
My pre-order is in! Looking forward to getting this in my hands.
Ordered mine too! I'm very excited. :)
Looks very interesting to me, although I'd like to know more about the differences between Hideout and Showdown ;)
My orders in !
Hi guys... I'm sitting on the fence between hideout wallet and showdown. I'm not really sure which would be better for me and before anyone says it.. yes I know it depends on what I want to achieve using the wallet. I mainly use my magnum wallet and Nardi's SAW for peeks although I prefer the magnum because of the technology in the window. I've read great things about the hideout and was all set to get one when I noticed that showdown was due for release very soon! So can anyone tell what the performance differences are between the two? Can Heirloom , KK etc be performed with the showdown as I believe they can with Hideout? Whichever wallet I decide on will have to be used as my everyday wallet as I already have a Jerry O connell card to wallet which is great at what it does but I only load this and take it with me if I want to perform this kind of effect but the majority of the time I like mentalism effects using peeks and outs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Will there be photos available on the website?
[quote]
On 2010-01-25 17:18, cytoplasm wrote:
Hi guys... I'm sitting on the fence between hideout wallet and showdown. I'm not really sure which would be better for me and before anyone says it.. yes I know it depends on what I want to achieve using the wallet. I mainly use my magnum wallet and Nardi's SAW for peeks although I prefer the magnum because of the technology in the window. I've read great things about the hideout and was all set to get one when I noticed that showdown was due for release very soon! So can anyone tell what the performance differences are between the two? Can Heirloom , KK etc be performed with the showdown as I believe they can with Hideout? Whichever wallet I decide on will have to be used as my everyday wallet as I already have a Jerry O connell card to wallet which is great at what it does but I only load this and take it with me if I want to perform this kind of effect but the majority of the time I like mentalism effects using peeks and outs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]
Mainly the showdown has the 2 sho-gun billfolds with indexes.

It has peeks too like the Hideout.

Probably easier to do KK with the Showdown, but needs a little more management than the Hideout because of the double billfolds.

Both are definitely everyday wallets.
From the video I saw and a conversation with Rick, it sounds like performing the full version of KK, despite the bit more management he mentioned, will actually be an advantage in the long run once comfortable with it. Which doesn't seem like it should take very long at all. I prefer performing the full version of KK even though there are some great versions that require less space.

Set up as Rick describes for KK, there is still plenty of room for my preferred version of Subliminal Square (Subliminally Squared) as detailed in Subliminal Squares. Sorry for the confusion potential with the similar names!

Subliminal Square is the original version as published in Banachek's Psychological Subtleties 2. Subliminally Squared is the version I use from my ebook Subliminal Squares.

And a reminder, my 25% off ebook sale ends in six days. You can check them out at outlaw-effects.com. Click the "arsenal" tab then ebooks. Thanks again to Rick for giving my work such an awesome home among his many wonderful products.
Where is the video posted, so we can watch the wallet in action?
I too am intersted in showdown vs hideout. Will the showdown allow for KK and the Ben Harris' crossroads? And is the reveal pulling out a card or is there a more bold approach where you can appear to show only one card in the wallet. Is the load In showdown a pa** or no pa** featur or both? Thanks for the info
While the second part of the above question might require a pm rather than a post, I would like to see an answer via post or pm on the first part regarding KK and Crossroads. My version of KK uses 20 cards as I prefer to include the aces.
PM is fine to second part of my question
Pre-ordered this. Looking forward to receiving it. Now the question is how long before it ships. Being a mentalist, I should be able to forsee this.......but I'm currently drawing a blank. Just a bad day, I guess.
I heard they are going to be on their way to us on the 1st Feb...
Is still 2/1 the release (shipment) of the showdown wallet? Where will the wallets ship from? (just to estimate how long it will take to get them)

Thank you
I too would like to know the expected release date. I do know that the wallets will ship to the customers from California.
Can't wait for this. Have been brainstorming with Ran Pink and this is THE wallet to use. A "leather toolbox" of possibilities!

Benny
I'm pushing hard for the next two weeks to have them here. I'm in contact every couple of days with my manufacturer to make this the quickest turn around from concept to product of any Outlaw wallet.

I'm keeping the pre-sale price for 5 more days and then it goes to $135.00 shipped.

Thanks!

-Rick
Thank you Rick, what I understand from yoiur post is that the wallets will not be avilable on 2/1 but rather a week after or so. I am trying to manage my anxiety, that's all.

Thanks
Hey Ben and Roth!

Is there a way we can have a forum or a way to share ideas about uses for this wallet? I'm so looking forward to getting this. :)

Mike :)
[quote]
On 2010-01-29 23:16, mike storz wrote:
Hey Ben and Roth!

Is there a way we can have a forum or a way to share ideas about uses for this wallet? I'm so looking forward to getting this. :)

[/quote]
All outlaw wallets have private forums big guy.

Showdown forum will be up shortly. We want you guys to have them first :)

(may put it up sooner)
Excellent! Should have known that. LOL! Glad I know it now. :)
Will they ship tomorrow then?
[quote]
On 2010-01-31 11:14, IAIN wrote:
Will they ship tomorrow then?
[/quote]
Not yet guys. Hang in there. Like I posted, Pre-sale is good one more week and then it goes to 125.00 plus $ 10.00 shipping
Do we have an idea of a possible shipment date? :)
Good things take time!
That's very true. :)
Whenever it comes, it will be like Christmas again! oh, the anticipation..!
Keep your excitement on a slow simmer folks... you don't want to 'peek' too early!

ZING!!! Thank you, I'm here all week, try the veal.
Any news?
Hang on guys. I'm pushin my manufacturer hard on this. He's a bit behind but Ran Pink and I know this is an awesome wallet and you guys are gonna dig it.

I'll have an update by the end of the week.
Hi all, I have a quick question... does anyone know if the showdown wallet can be used for the Cash Out effect? I have recently purchased Cash Out which requires a bill fold wallet. The effect has received very good reviews and looks good but I'm not sure if Showdown can be used for this as obviously it is not a regular bill fold wallet and without knowing the inner workings of it it is difficult to know if they will be compatible. Any ideas?
Well, as the wallet's not out yet...kinda hard to comment....
It depends what you have to do (if anything) to the wallet to perform Cash Out, but Rick's already said that the Showdown functions as a normal billfold.

That's how I intend to use it.
Dimensions? How big is this wallet?
Hi,
I need a new wallet so I wondered would this suit a beginner in mentalism who has never used any kind of wallet before? Does it come with a DVD or booklet giving instructions on basic routines for the novice? Also, does it have a feature for card to wallet?
Thanks for any help,
Ray
I know its a line that just keeps repeating but...
Steer clear of wallets, gimmicks and 'the latest', until you're down with switches, steals and tears...then you can have some fun and really appreciate your future developing C.U.P.S.
For a good DVD, I recommend so very highly Richard Osterlinds 13 Steps To Mentalism, to go alongside your book copy...you will get so much from these.
Thanks for your help Thaumaturge,
Ray
Rick, any chance to put pitures or a video of the wallet?
[quote]
On 2010-02-04 16:15, pabloinus wrote:
Rick, any chance to put pitures or a video of the wallet?
[/quote]
shortly :)
Yeah...i'd like to see a video of a wallet opening and closing please...
The fact that I haven't seen a pic is kind of what is stopping me from a pre order.
Look at the Hideout wallet and think of that exact wallet, only its a sho-gun and it only has one flap.

Couple of hidden gaffs for peeking, stealing, loading.

Unlike all other sho-guns, all pockets in the Showdown are normal horizontal pockets both ways.

The pre-order gets you in the first shipment and saves you 30% off the retail price.

Retail will be $135.00

I'm pushin my manufacturer. This is just the way it is with a new wallet.

If you want to be first in the queue and save $40.00 then pre-order

If you want to see what it looks like first I totally understand.

I expect to have pics soon from the manufacturer followed by the first 50 units.

I would say the pre-order is coming off next week.

If you want to see some cool pics look here :)

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=346870&forum=14&178&start=150#27

Thanks!

-Rick
To be honest, based on all my previous dealings with Outlaw, I've reached a stage where I'm happy to just pre-order sight-unseen.
[quote]
On 2010-02-04 19:22, BIlly James wrote:
To be honest, based on all my previous dealings with Outlaw, I've reached a stage where I'm happy to just pre-order sight-unseen.
[/quote]

Ditto!
Double ditto!

Quality always first rate!

Lead times ah well that's just the way it is....
Hi Rick, any update on availability?

Thanks
Any news?
We're looking at at least until the 20-25th

My manufacturer is well aware of the need to get these to me.

It's about on the same schedule as the Hideout was and the Opus. Nothing goes quite as scheduled when it comes to a new wallet no matter how hard I push.

Hang in there guys and I'll update the thread in a couple of days.

-Rick
OK but keep in mind that currently I'm having to carry my cash around in my hand... and I live in a bad neighborhood.
Any news when this will be shipped??? :)
Release date early march...
Maybe
SHHHHH, (whispers) I've got to keep my voice down...I've got a spectator in the other room...she's just drawn a picture on the back of my business card and I'm stalling her until the Wallet arrives...

Oops, better go, I think she may have just sat on my Scorpion.
Rick, any update on the date?
I think he gave one already.
He did, 2/1 back in January when I pre-paid for the wallet and then 2/20-25 on 2/9. So I am just asking for an update.
Hi Rick, are you still keeping 2/20-25 as delivery date?
Thank you
***. Missed the pre-order date. Is it still possible to pre-order now?
Rick, as per your last entry we are now on the week of 2/20-25, have you started shipping the wallets?

Thank you
I can wait. It's not like I desperately needed this kind of wallet before this wallet was even announced.
I'm the last person to be patient, believe me, but we are getting something that is custom and exclusive as opposed to some bs crap mass produced from China or any underdevolped country. Plus I want the wallet right and not rushed or pressured to shortcuts - we all tolerate buggy software and then install patches.
Rick ain't going to skip town especially over $95 x what 20?? when the guy is moving $500 props out the door.
And I'm waiting for a big order from Higley and shells for Kuepper and wands from Moonlight Magic and waited a month for a Gimpy box, got it and it's awesome. I can't imagine telling them "Hurry the EFF up...You Promised! me this."
Bottom line - Great Magic props are not fast food per say.
And guess what, we get our wallets, love it forever and it wanes and then scream bloody murder for the next "Thing" that is coming soon and running late and we all have done this how many times in our magic years. I get ****ed at ordering supposedly in stock items only to get a backorder notice and wait for them to then order to fulfill especially staple items to restock my magic pantry.
You want news, listen to this recent Rick Roth podcast (2/18/2010 - 1:33p.m.) it runs an hour and 29 minutes. and listen for a surprise. maybe good, maybe bad. it's your perspective.
http://mnw.squarespace.com/magicnewsfeed/2010/2/18/mnw-187-rick-roth.html
Well said rklew. I too am sometimes as impatient as everyone else. but the bottom line is geeting it right, not getting it fast. For those who didn't listen to the Magicwire interview, Rick said it would be next month and he gave reasons so go listen. He also suggested that this may be the last Outlaw wallet(at least in current thinking) as it will be the best mentalism wallet on the market. Hope he's right and I imagine he is.
People should find a spare hour and a half to listen to the program. Put it on in the background while you surf, it's just fascinating to hear how this one man went from working in movie special effects (check out some films he's worked on!) to setting up his own company, to the subtle change in direction that Outlaw Effects has taken. A great guy to have a beer with.

And I'm with the others on this - Outlaw have a proven track record of high quality and I'm more than happy to wait.
I think you are missing my point, I am waiting like everybody else, I just asked when the wallet will be available, it is my right as a consumer to have this information. This has nothing to do with quality of the props, with the notion that Roth can leave the country with $95, or anything else.
This post was created by Roth to announce his new wallet, so I was expecting for him to answer the questions on his product here, not through a magicwire interview.

Anyway thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question and I will go now and listen to the interview.
I also pre-ordered, and am very excited to get the wallet.

I know it will be a thing of beauty...
Preordered and waiting patiently. :)
Message: Posted by: The great Gumbini (Feb 26, 2010 11:24PM)
I don't know---I already have a lot of wallets. And I'm finally starting to get money to put into them! But I agree Rick and Outlaw are great people to deal with and put out some mighty fine products.

Good magic to all,

Eric
This wallet is worth waiting for. Ran Pink shared the details with me via video and it is AWESOME! The ultimate leather toolbox!

Benny
Yeah glad I preordered two...
:)
Good things come to those who wait!
I am new to gaffed wallets, so could anyone be so kind and name some effects that can be achieved with this particular wallet. I hope that this is not considered phishing, if it is than just ignore this post.

arrow
[quote]
On 2010-02-28 09:32, arrow23 wrote:
I am new to gaffed wallets, so could anyone be so kind and name some effects that can be achieved with this particular wallet. I hope that this is not considered phishing, if it is than just ignore this post.

arrow
[/quote]
The best will be what do YOU want to do as effect and not the opposite :)
If I tell you you can do reverse gelsat fallschirm with the hideout and you don't know what I'm talking about, it's useless.
Besides I think it's useless exposure.
Arrow 23 - Do a search on this forum under wallet and start your research from there. Wealth of information to be had and learn from. This thread is for a specific item generally directed for seasoned performers and such. But hey, you could always just pick it up blind and dive right in.
I was just wondering since almost every thread has a gaff/effect description and the effects that can be done with it. While I completely understand that this is some kind of a pro-wallet, I was just curious since noone said anything about any of the numerous effects, or what makes this wallet stand out, except for the quality of the leather and such. Thanks for the help, I will do the research. I will leave you guys to it.

arrow
Arrow, you could do such effects as Killossal Killer by Kenton Knepper, or the photographic alternative, Heirloom. It can also be used for switching things, and you are able to load something (card, billet) into the wallet.

Rick had already listed some of the main features (including the above) a few pages back so, if you know of a routine where you need to make use of one of the features, take a look.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to pm me but, apart from what has been said already in this thread, I won't be divulging any more of the wallet's secrets. :)
Rick

Any update?
Arrow, you will also have 3 different peeks with the Showdown.
So, first week of march - I couldn't see any more updates on the site?
Hoping it's shipping soon!!!!! :)
First box should be here early next week. I talked to my manufacturer 2 nights ago :)
Great, Will the first box have enough wallets to fulfill the pre-orders?
Good question. It would be nice to have a time frame for filling the pre-orders. Looking forward to receiving this.
Thanks for the update Rick! I'm getting excited again. :)
Ditto!!
Rick if you send me mine first I'll be sure to report back here to the Café and say nice things about it!

: )
Surely The furthest away should get theirs first?
No, they should be shipped first to Canada because our postal system has the longest customs delay.
You're all wrong - they should be shipping to england first, as we invented leather... or at least, mine should be shipped first cos I'm "special"...
You're all wrong...

We will all line up at Rick's and he can hand them out one by one :)
Nope, they should be shipped first to Switzerland because we have private banking and Rick's account is safe here from USA control :)
I am sure it will be worth the wait!
I'm sorry but you're all wrong. It'll be shipped to CT first because I know a guy named Vinny AND he likes to travel. :)
Any updates? Pictures?
I'm hoping they arrived to Rick! :)
Come on rick change the record please. COMMUNICATE.
Any news?
I've ordered from Outlaw for years. Roth is a stand up guy and takes care of his customers. They're products are used by professionals and speak for themselves.

How about being a little patient with a small company and give them some breathing room and not slam them over a minor delay?

Chris Kavanagh
Chris, I that Roth is a stand up guy and creates good products are not the points in discussion. Even is not in discussion that I/(we) are patient, Roth has my money since January, and I still waiting.
What I asked in previous posts is to have information.
So far the facts are, we paid for pre-orders in January for a delivery date of 2/1, then 2/25, then March but communicated through a podcast somewhere else, then that last week the first box was coming.
While people is not happy with delays, knowing what's going on will always help, just basic stuff.

Pablo
I'll have pics monday or Tuesday. Each new wallet goes through several samples before I finally approve it.
The Showdown has been the most complex wallet I think anyone has tried to do and has taken longer much longer than my other wallets.

My manufacturer is overseas and there is also a time element between sending samples back and forth.

Like Magnum (you guys waited a while for that) and Hideout, there is a wait on the pre-order.

The 95.00 shipping included was a dang good price because this wallet will retail shipped for 145.00

pics coming monday or tuesday.

-Rick
Thank you Rick, looking forward to the pictures.
Yes, thank you for the update and most importantly taking the time to make sure we get the best product possible. :)
It just amazes me that this company does not feel the need to say a simple sorry when things go wrong.
[quote]
On 2010-03-11 17:01, tandy wrote:
It just amazes me that this company does not feel the need to say a simple sorry when things go wrong.
[/quote]
PM me your name, and if you pre-ordered it I'll make sure you get the first one out ahead of everyone else.

Sorry for the wait :)
Pics doesn t means it will be shipping right ?
[quote]
On 2010-03-11 17:09, Roth wrote:
and if you pre-ordered it I'll make sure you get the first one out ahead of everyone else.
[/quote]

Heyyyyy Rick,

I hope that was a joke!!!
:) ;)
If it is true, I'm complaining baby! Watch out Rick!!! :)
As stated, I'm in the UK - I should be getting any wallet release first really - its only fair!

when does delivery take place, and can we pay extra to get it quicker?
I haven't purchased the wallet, therefore I should get it first and free. Haha, just kidding. :)
I pre-ordered the wallet too on 16 of Jan. May I know which batch of wallets will my order be with? Thank you!
Pre-ordering should be "outlawed"...
Nice one Mandarin! :)
Sounds like a showdown..... pre ordering outlawed!
Yet without pre-orders, we would all be waiting longer after the ensuing mad post release scramble.
Do pre-orders ever work? Seems each time people are unhappy.
My view on pre-orders is that give benefits to both parties, the consumer gets a better deal and the manufacture/retailer gets an infusion of cash to finance the operation. However because one party puts money and the other a promise, the deal is based on trust, and that trust is based on previous experience and community opinion, and in a small community like this, the opinion could be easily moved for or against the retailer and could confuse the new customer.
In the cases that I've seen that did not go very well, it was either because 1) the product was never up to the expectations (Development failed), 2) lack of program/product management (i.e the second tier supplier manages the schedule as he wishes, the retailer is not realistic or it does not understand the mfg. process and therefore the schedule, or a combination of both) and the 3) fraud (not many cases I think)

In this particular case, I personally see 2 problems, the misses of dates (the original date and following dates) and lack of clear communication, and with that I meant explanations that makes sense to an educated audience, for example that a supplier is in Far East is not a reason to miss a schedule, you just plan for that and commits the date based on that. This examples makes me wonder of the quality of the project plan.
I do agree that in many cases we are buying from very small companies and even 1 person outfit, and resources and even experience is limited, so hopefully these are lessons learned and the next product will be announced with a more realistic date.

Net, I am ok financing somebody if the risk I take is not huge, but like everybody else I also learn so maybe next time I'll be more cautious with whom I do pre-orders.

Pablo
Poor Mr. Roth, we are a tough crowd as the thumbs start to drop down. : (
Shipping the SM and trying to get out the wallets concurrently is a tough trick I would suppose.
However, wouldnt it just be easier to get them shipped in first, then do a deal for the first 30 purchasers or something?

or, at least...just tell us whats happening? regardless of how much you spend with someone, you should all get the same amount of info...

I know Roth is a busy guy - a one sentence update would do! I'd even be happy to pay extra to get it shipped to the UK ultra fast personally...
I've replied privately to anyone that sent a PM or email. I base my estimated delivery of product on what the manufacturer says to me and then pass that on.

This wallet is the most complex he's tried to make and there were delays beyond what I was told ship dates would be.

Honestly guys I've had this issue before with my guy and swore I would not have another wallet pre-order.

I guess it was the opportunity to let my regular guys get it first and at 30% off retail. I truly believe that's a nice thing to offer customers.

Having to wait 3 months unfortunately takes the shine off that. I expected to have them in 4-6 weeks

Based on the amount of time this one is taking and the amount of stress I'm dealing with over it, and of course the buyers waiting, this is it, no more pre-order wallets from me.

The fact is, I will be discontinuing the Magnum-Panther-and Diablo when Showdown comes in, and will only carry Showdown and Hideout.

Showdown is the final Outlaw wallet.

I apologize again. The wallet will be unlike any sho-gun wallet ever made so please hang in there.

I also took off the pre-order a month ago when I was notified of the possible wait time.
I'm not a glutton for punishment. I don't enjoy my buyers having to wait either.

Looking for good news this week guys.

-Rick
Roth, wait.... don't forget about the kaziljion guys who don't have an issue with the wait time, cause at the end we know you deliver a fantastic product.

we know that delay can happen with preorders and its not like you point a gun at our head to press that paypal button.

robert
I have to agree with Roberts, the problem is that only the people complaining post messages on this board. You still have my support, those king of products are made on limited runs and require special craftman skills. This is the price/time to pay if you want a good final product.

Pierre
Nice to see the mood of the posts turning here... I agree with Robert and Pierre on this one. Rick's products get a lot of interest on the forums, and it's a shame this is probably biased toward the negative. I'd like to add that I have a bunch of Outlaw products, and whilst it does take a while to arrive (I'm in the UK) the quality has never been compromised and the private communications with Rick have always been prompt and helpful. I've had terrible service from other "main-stream" vendors and received low-quality products... but my research never brought up any negative feedback on the forums for them. Because of their niche, Outlaw are actually high profile here.

I think the crux of this is with the "private communications" bit. It's not really fair to go running to the forums just because you haven't heard anything, or because there hasn't been a forum post to the masses - when in the background those communicating directly are having their questions answered and expectations realigned.
I think it would be better if no *due by* date was announced, and thus create the expectation...and maybe only after the wallet worker has finalised the design and roth Rick is happy with it, only then should the pre-orders be taken?

happy to wait - its just nice to know whats going on...i don't email Rick cos he's busy enough, that's why forums are useful cos he can reach the masses by doing something once...
Hang in there Rick. This one will be worth it. As I said before, thank you for taking the time to make sure it meets your expectations. I'm truly excited to get this. :)
I'm with you Rick! And I enjoy your preorders, cause I know you will deliver! Quality products!
My experience is that Rick offers great customer support.

Best
Eric
Would like to echo the two thoughts above. I like the pre-orders and am really looking forward to receiving the Showdown wallet.
Ricks stuff is always quality
looking forward to retiring my hideout!
Classic, it only takes a few mmmmm "people" to ruin it for everyone else!
Hey Rick - I'm Spartacus! It's corny but just sayin' don't let the doubters ruin what you do.
Still no pics :(
Went on to the Outlaw site today to order a hideout wallet, then saw the showdown, read this thread and nearly had a heart attack! The rollercoaster of emotions that are going on here! Crazy business eh!

Well, I have two questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer,

1. What is a 'Sho-gun' wallet? I feel a bit embarrassed to ask because I feel I should know, but I have never been into wallets!

2. When can i, as silly non pre-orderer, get my muggy hands on one?

Jon Hackett
[quote]
On 2010-03-19 06:46, Jon Hackett wrote:
Went on to the Outlaw site today to order a hideout wallet, then saw the showdown, read this thread and nearly had a heart attack! The rollercoaster of emotions that are going on here! Crazy business eh!

Well, I have two questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer,

1. What is a 'Sho-gun' wallet? I feel a bit embarrassed to ask because I feel I should know, but I have never been into wallets!

2. When can i, as silly non pre-orderer, get my muggy hands on one?

Jon Hackett
[/quote]

"Silly non pre-orderer"? That must be sarcasm :D

We have no idea when this is actually going to be released since there have been so many delays already. But I hope soon, maybe next week?
No it was genuine! I wish I had pre-ordered, Roth always delivers in the end, and now I have to pay more and wait longer, whatever delay you have, I have to wait much longer!

Sigh, so could someone explain roughly what a sho-gun wallet is?

eek

Jon Hackett
So as far as I can tell its a type of switch type wallet thingy. Tha'll Do!

Jon Hackett
Jon check this: [url=http://www.surfstitch.com/imagesviewer.cfm?vid=f12d8c75-1517-73cd-309a-02cb23198d95&getDefault=0]Shogun type wallet[/url]

Cheers,
E
Hi guys,

Ran Pink here. I spent several weeks this past fall collaborating with Rick on the design of the Showdown wallet.

What we came up with was so "out of the box" that even after several discussions on the phone with the wallet maker, emailing drawings, schematics and diagrams, the manufacturer still could not quite grasp what it was we wanted.

The manufacturer is the same one that makes the Magnum and the Hideout and he's very good.
He assured us he could do it but we would have to approve each version he did.
We received a few prototypes and they were not quite right and they did not get approved.
We finally built our own mock-up of the actual wallet and sent it off.

As you're well aware this process has taken much longer than we had originally thought it would and I too want to apologize for the wait and thank you guys for sticking with us.

I'll be posting pictures and a video in the next day or two of the final approved wallet that is in my hands and in production right now, but it will still be 2-3 weeks away due to production and international shipping to us.

You can load cards and billets, peek closed wallet and open wallet, swami, steal, no palm card to wallet, switching wallet and hidden index's' and pockets for all the multiple outs you could want, all in this beautiful, diabolical little wallet.

We are so happy with the final version we feel it was well worth the long wait. Once again our manufacturer has pulled off a design that has never been tried, and has done it perfectly.

I'll be posting links to pictures and video shortly.

Thanks guys!

Ran Pink
Thanks for the update
Quality is always worth the wait!
Thank you for the information, looking forward to receive the wallet.
Any photos please?
Sounds great. I am really looking forward to this.
Ran,

I'm so happy that this is getting closer. You and Roth are perfectionists. And I truly appreciate the time and effort you have both put into getting this 100% perfect. I simply cannot wait. This is the most versatile wallet I've ever seen. Ever!

Benny
Here are some pics :)

[img]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9016/img0855a.jpg[/img]

This is the SD with a card sticking out of the billfold
[img]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5859/img0866.jpg[/img]

Now that billfold is below with the same card in it. The opposite billfold is now on top :) cool huh?
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2113/img0867li.jpg[/img]

Load, steal and peek
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2762/img0861fi.jpg[/img]
I asked n I received, Thanks Roth, I think this may be my next buy....Anyone wanna buy a Plus wallet? (UK)
Do you think we can load a card inside an envelope in the wallet?
Great pics - good of you to show one of the gaffs. The card gives it some scale as well. Glad I pre-ordered. :)
I just want to clarify something which you probably do understand.

In the photo with the 7 of hearts sticking up out of the billfold. The next photo shows the 7 of hearts sticking out the bottom billfold.

That card was not removed from the billfold. Its in the same billfold in both photos.

Whether the billfold is on top or switched (turned over), when you open the wallet it always looks the same inside like the photos.
Yeah baby! I'm psyched now. Sooo happy I preorder this too. :)
Roth thank you for the pictures, very nice looking wallet.
The flap aligns perfectly in both cases, it is invisible.
Do we have peek/load capabilities in both sides or it is only one side feature?
Are you planning to have a brown, or tan model as well? It could be nice.

Pablo
The pictures look really nice and I think everyone who has not yet bought one of these has enough information to determine the potential of these lil puppies. Thanks for this, Roth.

Regards,
Mike
BEAUTIFUL wallet and...Roth made a clear plastic insert for the drivers license!

BRAVO! Outlaw rules!

Chris
All those whiners don't you dare chime in how cool it looks and all that crock o' s@#%, so tired of those impatient fffolks. Yea you. and you. So not deserving. and exhale...
It's gonna get harder to wait for that wallet now!
Thanks for posting the pics, this look like this wallet is going to be wonderfull

Pierre
Thanks for the update Rick...*kissy*

when they do come in, can we top up the shipping costs and get it sent extra-fast?
Thanks for the photos.

So glad I pre-ordered...

Looks like it's going to be great.
I love wallets and I'm glad I found this thread. As soon as I hit "Submit Reply" I'm off to order one. It looks like It will do everything I want a wallet to do.

Hmm... seems to be no order link on the Outlaw Showdown page.
Hey Davy,
Here is part of what Rick wrote earlier on this thread - "...Based on the amount of time this one is taking and the amount of stress I'm dealing with over it, and of course the buyers waiting, this is it, no more pre-order wallets from me."...

Kudos to Rick and Staff for being utmost professional and having a thick skin which clearly I do not.
No more from me - boy it must be my monthly. I apologize for my venting about the bloody hypocrites on this thread.
First one to New Zealand ?- I am sure everyone agrees!
Looks great!!
[quote]
On 2010-03-24 04:33, andykean wrote:
First one to New Zealand ?- I am sure everyone agrees!
Looks great!!
[/quote]

just remember my friend Vinny. He loves to travel. :)
Hi all, can't wait to get this one I'm so glad I pre-ordered it! I was wondering if it will come with a few ideas on routines etc as it is obviously far more than just a peek wallet. I remember when I first got my stealth assissin wallet which again is a brilliant product but what else was great about it was the DVD accompanying it as this gave full demos and explainations of interesting ideas to use it for. You could pack the wallet in such a way that you had a full 20 min mentalism act in your pocket. I'm hoping that the forum will soon fill up with great routine ideas to use for this wallet and maybe it will be compatable with some of the great stealth assassin ideas. Will Rick ever consider making a DVD or book (even as a seperate product)with ideas and applications for the wallet as I'm sure there will be hundreds for this little gem!
I'm sure that there will be a forum accessible from the Outlaw-Effects web site. He is pretty good about having forums for the various Outlaw products. There people can share ideas, hints on usage, etc.

Great place to share ideas!

David
I'm definitely glad I pre-ordered as well.

Everything I've received from Outlaw has been WAY above par.
Ditto very excited looks great!
Excited as well. I believe we are getting a package of effects or ideas in some form with the wallet. Perhaps Rick could confirm and excite us even more.
Nice wallet, I couldn't ask for anymore features.Waiting is expected for a pre-order.I am glad I waited.
Glenn! Does that mean you've got yours?! If so, that must mean they've been shipped?
Any news Rick?
I don't think he has got his yet since there has been no shipping confirmations etc...
No I have seen the pictures.
Any update on the shipping date for the pre-orders?
We need an update. we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.we need an update.
On March 21st Ran Pink said that the wallets would be another "2 - 3 weeks". Two weeks takes us up to the 4th April, 3 weeks takes us to the 11th.

Add tp that the time it takes to ship, and I wouldn't expect anything much before the end of April. Anything earlier would be a nice surprise though. :)
Was on email to Rick yesterday thanking him for some more quality products, and he was hinting that the wallet is still another couple of weeks away... but will blow my mind.

I absolutely believe him, and am already preparing to wear a tight fitting helmet when I get to finally unwrap the Showdown.
I have two questions maybe they can be answered here please.

The first one is: Do you think we will be able to load the card inside anenvelope in this wallet?

And I have a little pen that I carry with me wherever I go and it sits nicely inside the spine of the wallet in the bill fold. Do you think it will fit here? It's approximately 8cm long. It would break my heart to part from this pen. It's so cute and most importantly very useful for effects where you ask someone to write something etc... as I carry it with me wherever I go and I am always ready to perform.
A direct load would be possible, but for an indirect "load", how about using Bob Kohler's Black Envelope as a Mullica-type insert?

The card can be palmed away and inserted into the slit of the wallet as a holdout. Keeping that side hidden (naturally), open the wallet and produce a BE from one of the billfolds. If you have BE you should be able to see how you could transfer the card from the wallet to the envelope and then handle the BE in a very hands free way.

Due to the nature of the wallet, you could show an identical envelope at the start, out of which you partly remove a face down card. Again, if you own BE you'll know how this could be used as an extra convincer for when you 'remove' the card from the 'same' envelope.

I'm pretty sure the Showdown wallet's dimensions are the same as for the Hideout wallet, and I'm sure those dimensions are mentioned on the Outlaw website. Perhaps these can help answer your question about the pen?
Great tips thanks.
Okay. The iPad arrived before the showdown, so I have something to keep me busy for awhile!

Still excited to get the showdown, though!
Me too but any info would be helpful.

My ipad not in NZ either
Good job I am first on list for showdown!
Roth:

I need a new wallet like The Showdown, need to replace my old one.
Please give us an update...thanks!
This will be worth waiting I'm sure and I'm trying to forget I pre-orderd because this looks wild and can't wait to use it.

Rick - May the force be with you!
Early june.
According to the G.Q.G the landing is schedule the 6th June in France :)
^^^ Early June cannot be true.... Is it??????
That's pretty ridiculous if it is. How can it have gone from Jan/Feb all the way through to June!!!? Something has gone really wrong here with timescales, and promises!
Guys, guys, guys..... :)

GQG = Grand Quartier General, the French General Army HQ
"landing on 6th June in France" = the date the Normandy landings began in WWII

By the way, did you know that they've taken the word "gullible" out of the English dictionary - something to do with it not being politically correct... :)
Surprised some of you fell for that. Another progress update might be nice though.
[quote]
On 2010-04-09 13:26, Mark Powell wrote:
Guys, guys, guys..... :)

GQG = Grand Quartier General, the French General Army HQ
"landing on 6th June in France" = the date the Normandy landings began in WWII

By the way, did you know that they've taken the word "gullible" out of the English dictionary - something to do with it not being politically correct... :)
[/quote]

Mark, you're the winner ! :)
BTW you line comes from directly from sleight of mouth book ! :)
Anyway the release coul be in june.
It's only in 45 days...
LOL.... :)
Roth, Pink, any updates now?
No updates yet, huh?
Hello patient ones ;)

I've posted a few vids using the SD to show you guys some of the extra things it can do. Some of the demonstrations are kind of "magicy" because we wanted it to be very visual for you. I've been making these clips as sort of a visual diary of my experiments with the wallet. So please excuse the lack of artistry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TPK7azWpe8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Ov5Cg0X-o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOquBqzkCCE

There are a few more if you look at my user videos

As co-designer of the SD I wanted this wallet to be something that not only the buyers will always carry with them, but a wallet that I will use as my own.

The SD is that wallet.

I want to stress again that the delays were because we had done several little tweaks to sample over the past month, all were little size changes.

A few millimeters here, a bit there. No actual changes to the concept design. The design of the wallet is exactly what you saw in the pictures.

Hope you enjoy these clips, there might be a few more before the wallet comes in.

BTW, these techniques will be taught in a full length vid that you will all be getting, along with several routines.

-Ran Pink
Ran, thanks for the update! The outer switch is very clever - First time I watched it I was complitely fooled even though I know how the wallet works :D

-Aleksi
So...when are we to expect this?
This wallet looks really good, wish I had pre-ordered one. Ran, is it possible to perform a card to wallet similar to Tony Miller's Hip Pocket Bombshell? I am specifically wondering if it's possible to insert a card into the "other" billfold and then remove it from an inside pocket.

Matt
I'm so happy I'm getting this. :)
[quote]
On 2010-04-15 14:52, mike storz wrote:
I'm so happy I'm getting this. :)
[/quote]

Don't be happy to soon, there's not release date yet :)
July :)
Roth always delivers eventually!!
The latest date that Roth has informed me is 25th of April. It is my first ever peeking wallet that I have bought, don't think it will disappoint me after it has been developing for quite a long time.
I hope your date is correct and I'm positive this will be worth the wait. :)
As say paesants in France.
It will there when it will be there.
As Roth himself didn't put any update, the 25th is highly unlikely.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Apr 19, 2010 10:23AM)
[quote]
On 2010-04-19 10:04, parmenion wrote:

[/quote]

Il arriverà quand il arriverà?

Or

Il serait ici quand il serà ici?
Won't be coming to Europe so long as this volcanic ash keeps swirling about...
Here is another move that will come in handy. The sw**ched out card becomes available for p**king just after the move. Or you can decide to wait a bit and take a look inside the billfold for another p**k option.

Remember, with video you get to rewind and scrutinize. In a real performance the move happens as you engage the participant with a question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvuvxB3QWIg

Ran
Thank you Ran, very nice. But an update on the delivery date is appreciated, this process is becoming too long.
Looks great

No ash in the new zealand fly zone.
makes sense that I get mine first hooray!!!!
[quote]
On 2010-04-19 11:23, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-04-19 10:04, parmenion wrote:

[/quote]

Il arriverà quand il arriverà?

Or

Il serait ici quand il serà ici?
[/quote]

Il arrivera quand il arrivera :)
Cierto
Roth, Can we have an update on the date from you? We are at the end of April...
Well, not really but we will be when this becomes available. I was advised via email that this will really arrive(at Outlaw) in 7/8 days.
Thank you Aligator, it would be nicer than the owner of the product keep us informed...
But I do appreciate you 're taking the time to replied to my post.
Yeah, roth's been online - he's told people about the new pendulum and board, and the rapping arm things...it would be easier for him to update here once, rather than everyone bug him one on one...
Roth, where are the wallets? Why there are no updates or status?
There gonna be an update? It;s only 3 months late...
What is going on?

I know not everyone thread can be micro-managed by Roth, but the lack of communication here is not brilliant and confidence is being shaken.

What I would like to see is the wallet I paid for months ago within the reasonable deadline I was given...not more videos of it being showcased and not more delays...surely not too much to ask?
It would be good if Roth had a disclaimer on his site that states that most products paid for will not likely be delivered for up to 6 months from the time of payment. The quality is excellent but you'll have to be willing to wait.

That way, everyone who makes a purchase isn't left in the dark and will know the time frame in which the product will be delivered. That would save a lot of confusion and frustration on everyones part.
I hear you and I understand. The first shipment will be here within 4 days followed by another shipment.

I didn't want to post another "hang in there its coming" message.

I knew they were very close and now I know they will be here next week.

All pre-orders will also get the manual and a free effect from Ran Pink.

I just put the paypal button back up for the first time in 3 months and the retail is $135.00

Like I said before here, I never ever thought this wallet would take so long and I apologize.

This is the final wallet I'll be releasing. The Hideout and Showdown will be the only 2 wallets on my site very soon.

I have about 5 Panthers and 10 Magnums left and when they're gone that's it.

Only the Showdown and Hideout will be available.

Thanks again for one more time tolerating the release of a new Outlaw wallet, and I'm really sorry about the long wait, it's been more stressful on me than you could possibly know.

-Rick
Personally I'm glad that some people take the time to get it right. I'm sure that Roth could have settled for "good enough" and got these out a long time ago. I also recall years ago R Paul Wilson stating that he could have had the Predators cheaply (and quickly) manufactured but that he chose to go with Joe Porper who is a top of the line professional. I don't mind waiting for high quality items and I can't afford to use poorly made props.
Rick,

Good news. I'm sure the quality will be first class. How long do you estimate it will take to fill(ship) all of the pre-orders?
There are 2 different ads on the website - if I am interpreting correctly, one says there are 3 total peeks and one says there are 2. Which is correct or am I misreading one of the blurbs?
Yippee! I can't wait.... :)
Hi Mike

I hear yours is to be shipped just after mine LOL!
Lol. :)
[quote]
On 2010-04-30 02:30, andykean wrote:
Hi Mike

I hear yours is to be shipped just after mine LOL!
[/quote]

I believe they're heading down to Australia FIRST and THEN turning left across the TASMAN.

;)
Well they have to arrive at California HQ first and to date there is no confirmation that that has happened.
It's getting close.

I can feel it.
[quote]
On 2010-05-03 12:59, Tim Hannig wrote:
It's getting close.

I can feel it.
[/quote]

If you're wrong, what do you do with you ?
Execution by burning ? loooooooool
[quote]
On 2010-04-29 18:00, Roth wrote:
I hear you and I understand. The first shipment will be here within 4 days followed by another shipment.[/quote]
we are past the 4 day mark. Roth are you shipping them ?
Has another deadline been missed? At least it has given me something to look forward to for the past several months.Has the ash from the volcano held up shipment?
Maybe, they're lost and we'll have to wait for new ones to be manufactured.
I'm starting to wonder if we are ever going to get our wallets..
Good thing I'm not impatient over this effing $100 magic wallet. I got a mortgage and feeding the kids to worry about, bloody hell. I guess I'm not that lucky.
I highly suggest you take an extended vacation after this blows by so you can recharge, regroup and create more awesome props in the future for us "grateful" fans.
The sentiments are a recurring theme when it comes to Roth not keeping everyone informed and BIG delays in getting the actual product to his customers. Roth is a great guy with awesome products, but maybe if he takes my advice from my post above, it would alleviate a lot of stress for him and his customers. Maybe Someone else has an alternative idea?
The Showdown wallet has been the unfortunate victim of unexpected delays and I'm not sure the disclaimer idea would alleviate that kind of stress. It certainly wouldn't alleviate stress on Rick because, at the end of the day, he wants to get his product to the market as soon as possible and the delays would be just as infuriating whether a disclaimer was in place or not! :)

As to "customer stress" in general, people experience it at different levels, from indifference through mild annoyance to vitriolic rage.

Myself, I can wait till next year if I have to (crosses fingers just in case...) because, as privately impatient and excited as I am to get my hands on the Showdown, my not having it is not preventing me thinking of ways I can adapt current routines to use it, nor preventing me from performing magic in general.

Between them, I think Rick and Ran Pink have kept us reasonably informed of developments, and I have always had prompt replies to pm's. Could they have posted more often in this thread? Close call, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

You can't help but compare situations when you see things like Docc Hillford's Serpent wallet and Mark Elsdon's 'On The Mark' routine suddenly appear and get to the market while we're still waiting for our Showdowns, but then neither are as tricked-out and complex as the Showdown really is, and I look forward to being pleasantly surprised when I get to open that package.

If I sound like an Outlaw apologist, then it's because - like many others - I have had good service and great products in the past, and I have faith that when we finally get our Showdowns, we'll all breath a collective sigh of relief that the wait (as uncomfortable and unwelcome as it was) was worth it.

I think we just have to wait this one out, guys. After all, it's the last wallet Outlaw effects are releasing. Better to go out on a bang than a whimper.
Are you suggesting that you are aware of a further delay of which we have not yet been informed? Agree, that the product has always been worth the wait, but knowing the quality of the product just makes the period of expectancy more frustrating.
You mean the comment about waiting a year? No - nothing like that. I was just saying that I am happy to wait longer still if need be (though crossing my fingers that it wouldn't actually be that long).

Sorry for the confusion. :)
June is good, I like this month.
Guess I sold my original outlaw peek wallet prematurely.
[quote]
On 2010-05-05 19:01, aligator wrote:
Guess I sold my original outlaw peek wallet prematurely.
[/quote]

'Peeked' too early!

It looks like the Outlaw website says that they will be in stock on May 7th and available for shipment. (look in the order box)
Great. Really looking forward to receiving this.
Me too! Thank Bobby T... :)
:hrmph: :hrmph: :hrmph:

Soooooo...the latest it seems is that the Showdowm has gone from arriving and shipping for pre orders from May 3rd, postponed to the 7th May, and now from Outlaws website the date has been changed to May 10th!

Informed delays are acceptable. Not brilliant, just acceptable. But empty timescales and promises just don't cut it really.
[quote]
On 2010-05-06 15:29, parmenion wrote:
[/quote]

any particular year?
Methinks they will ship sooner than that. Parmenion is too pessimistic.
Shipping 5/10
That's so unfair to UK customers- we have to wait until the 5th of October

Shanester
Good for NA customers, then. We will get it sooner. In all seriousness though, I will be surprised if all of the pre-orders have not been filled this month.
I'm sure Roth will provide an explanation.

Regards,
Mike
The first of 3 shipments came in.

They will start shipping in a couple days. The reason there will be 2 more initial shipments is because the final of 5 samples was approved only a few weeks ago (don't ask) and since each wallet is hand made I told my guy 2 weeks ago to make as many as he could in 5 days and ship to me.

We could not wait another 3 weeks for him to complete the first run at this point because I have to show that these are shipping to customers.

It wasn't a lot of wallets in this box.

He will be sending a second box this week and it takes about 4 days to get here. I'm having each package Expressed to me at this point.

Some will get them in the next week, some will get them in 10 days.

Many are Int. orders. Half of all the orders went to the U.K.

So just be a little more patient and you will see that guys are starting to get them.

No PM's or emails please, I know who everyone is that ordered :)

Thanks again

-Rick
Thanks for the update, Roth.

Regards,
Mike
If someone placed an order today, when can one expect to receive it?
Lunatik,

That answer will or will not change (based on prior history) depending on when you ask that question. Today, the answer may be x days. Tomorrow, it won't be x - y days, but it may still be x days. Just making sure hopes are not elevated on false pretenses.

Regards,
Mike
Let me just add that we are extremely happy with how the final wallet came out. It was a long, wonderful and sometimes painful process but well worth it. The Showdown's leather is incredibly soft and so nice in the hands. I feel like I'm holding a newborn baby.

In a few days we'll be sending out PDF Showdown Manuals to everyone who pre-ordered.

I'll also be gifting all who pre-ordered with copy of my ebook White Room.

Thanks again for your patience. It won't be much longer...

Ran Pink
[quote]
On 2010-05-09 23:40, lunatik wrote:
If someone placed an order today, when can one expect to receive it?
[/quote]
I can't say for sure. I'll know more tonight when I talk to our overseas guy and see whats shipping.

I'll know more over the next couple of days the quantities coming.
Thank you! Hope to receive the manual and wallet soon.
Can't wait for New Zealand postman!
maybe Rick should email those he has shipped to, to save him getting swamped?
Very good news!!!
Many thanks, Rick!!
Great news!
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Mark Powell wrote:

... You can't help but compare situations when you see things like Docc Hillford's Serpent wallet and Mark Elsdon's 'On The Mark' routine suddenly appear and get to the market while we're still waiting for our Showdowns, but then neither are as tricked-out and complex as the Showdown really is,...

There's nothing to compare.
First, The Serpent Wallet didn't "suddenly appear". It's the result of four years of work. Ask those who've been waiting all that time. It wasn't released until it was finished!

I don't think it's fair to drag others into something unrelated. What I read is that even though people are waiting on something they paid for some time ago, they'll be happy because the Showdown is better ("more tricked out") than...
This is bad form.

Or, I see hidden in the lines, they had the idea first, now usurpers are everywhere.
Simply not true!

No one at my place is trying to beat anyone to a wallet punch. That's just childish! I never heard of this thing until comparisons popped up. The products are as different in method as a Svengali and a Stripper (decks, that is, not people.)

So please leave me and my products out of your explanations and defense of manufacturers. And I wish the Showdown folks all the success in the world.

Docc Hilford
Docc,

I have pm'd you with an explanation and apology. No negative comparisons nor slights on the quality of the Serpent wallet were intended.

Best,

Mark
Anyone?

seriously? anyone?
Cant we just PLEASE think of the children?
[quote]
On 2010-05-14 20:49, Doomo wrote:
Cant we just PLEASE think of the children?
[/quote]

I sold mine to pay for my wallet collection.
Looks great from the manual, Rick.

Any idea when the Showdown forum will be up and running?
[quote]
On 2010-05-09 22:23, Roth wrote:
The first of 3 shipments came in.
He will be sending a second box this week and it takes about 4 days to get here. I'm having each package Expressed to me at this point.

Some will get them in the next week, some will get them in 10 days.

Many are Int. orders. Half of all the orders went to the U.K.

So just be a little more patient and you will see that guys are starting to get them.

No PM's or emails please, I know who everyone is that ordered :)

Thanks again

-Rick
[/quote]

10 days has passed.Some one must have gotten one,Even though there were only a few to send, Who received them and could you give your reactions to them? :dice:
I have received the pdf manual but not the wallet. From looking through the manual, one can only more strongly anticipate the arrival of the wallet itself.
Man I'd love to take a look at that PDF!

Mine has not arrived as yet, I guess they're being sent out in batches.
At first glance, the PDF is terrific. I put it down as I want to go through it with the wallet in hand. I'm counting the hours until it arrives!

Great that its coming soon... just in time for my birthday!
I folded the pdf and do a showdown origami.
It works perfectly ¨
At first people are surprise to see a paper wallet but I explain I'm allergic to leather ,but I need a wallet to put my paper, so I create a paper wallet.
[quote]
On 2010-05-20 14:26, parmenion wrote:
I folded the pdf and do a showdown origami.
It works perfectly ¨
At first people are surprise to see a paper wallet but I explain I'm allergic to leather ,but I need a wallet to put my paper, so I create a paper wallet.
[/quote]
lol
I would like to at least receive the PDF to get the creative juices flowing. Are these not being sent out to all pre-order customers via email? I've not received one and would very much like to have a read so at least I can see what to expect.

Many thanks,

Ravi
I pre-ordered and did not get one. I do not know what is required to receive the pdf.
I understand the manufacturing delays,but Roth had a certain amount of wallets in hand {"The first of 3 shipments came in."} .He said "Some will get them in the next week, some will get them in 10 days." I understand I may not have been on the list to receive the first batch but someone must have gotten one by now. It is 11 days later.
You guys need to email me so I can return the .pdf to you

outlaw@outlaw-effects.com
Done
best wishes
Andy
Ok, at least my origami Showdown was not a very good idea.
A spectator has split his glass of wine ( Bordeaux 1934) on my paper SD wallet...
It's dead !
The good new is this wine is very expensive, so I sold my origami wine paper Showdown for 500$.
Now I hope to receive the real one soon :)
Hey Folks!

I hate to be the first to post BUT my wallet arrived today. I will be playing aroun with this when the kids go to bed. I will post later. I'm sooooo happy. :)
You lucky, lucky, bast@@@!

Benny
Lol. I know! I almost didn't post this. :)
Good for you, Mike. Finger's crossed mine might arrive tomorrow.

What with the finale of Lost, this is going to be a great weekend!
Do you get mail delivery in the UK on weekends?
I've just had word back about this from Rick...it seems only a couple were shipped...the rest are going out next week.

Maybe I shouldn't be holding my breath just yet...
Int. will start hitting Monday. It will still be several days before all orders are delivered.
Each wallet gets filters and prepping.
[quote]
On 2010-05-21 18:47, Thaumaturge wrote:
I've just had word back about this from Rick...it seems only a couple were shipped...the rest are going out next week.

Maybe I shouldn't be holding my breath just yet...
[/quote]
Actually several have shipped but many of those went International. The bulk of all orders will be shipping next week.
[quote]
On 2010-05-21 18:37, aligator wrote:
Do you get mail delivery in the UK on weekends?
[/quote]

On Saturdays.
Any time line on sending out the White Room pdf's?
[quote]
On 2010-05-21 16:21, mike storz wrote:
Hey Folks!

I hate to be the first to post BUT my wallet arrived today. I will be playing aroun with this when the kids go to bed. I will post later. I'm sooooo happy. :)
[/quote]

Hope you don't mind a couple of personal questions...

What's your address and where do you leave the wallet when you're not at home?

:devilish:
Wow now I am excited
checked sat post maybe Monday!
[quote]
On 2010-05-21 20:18, aligator wrote:
Any time line on sending out the White Room pdf's?
[/quote]

Mine arrived on the 19th - they're being sent out by Ran Pink himself, so I guess he needs all our email addresses. Did you get the wallet manual?
Mine not, it will be in the second or third basch, maybe in June.
June is good, I like june :)
Meanwhile, you could refold one using flash paper and add a burning function :D
[quote]
On 2010-05-22 00:01, TonyPorter wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-05-21 16:21, mike storz wrote:
Hey Folks!

[/quote]

Hope you don't mind a couple of personal questions...

What's your address and where do you leave the wallet when you're not at home?

:devilish:
[/quote]
lol! Believe me. This is worth the wait. As with all of Outlaws products the quality of this wallet is simply excellent. This by far IS the Swiss army knife of wallets. My head is spinning! I actually confuse myself handling it! :)

I would love to see a companion DVD of routines using this wallet. A better review will follow. I'm having too much fun thinking and fooling around with this to give this wallet a review it deserves. I hope you all get yours soon so we can start sharing ideas. Once again, this is 100% worth the wait.

As I expected. Hopefully, the rest of us will receive this long awaited prize shortly.
I agree...
...since a dog ate my SAW I've been waiting for this. 15min of my show employs a peek wallet... I have worked around the problem of not having it.... but this is silly.
I wish I'd paid the local guy 10 bucks to stich up my SAW.

Looking forward to it.

Keep smiling!

O
I just got my pdf. Thanks Roth
[/quote]
Believe me. This is worth the wait. As with all of Outlaws products the quality of this wallet is simply excellent. This by far IS the Swiss army knife of wallets. My head is spinning! I actually confuse myself handling it! :)

I would love to see a companion DVD of routines using this wallet. A better review will follow. I'm having too much fun thinking and fooling around with this to give this wallet a review it deserves. I hope you all get yours soon so we can start sharing ideas. Once again, this is 100% worth the wait.

[/quote]

Thanks for posting your initial thoughts Mike. It's something to handle, huh? :)
Let us know how you like the hidden index's, peeks, loading, swami and of course the switching function of the wallet and the sho-gun features!

BTW we will be posting lots of great stuff on the forum and links to additional vids on Ran Pinks site.

-Rick
My wallet arrived today.What can I say ,it does it all.IT slices, it dices,it neuters your cat. Brilliant work nothing left out.Roth ,you have my compliments and thanks.Glenn
Anyone that has received this, how does the billet/bill switch compare to the Serpent?
[quote]
On 2010-05-23 21:27, Glenn Watson wrote:
My wallet arrived today.What can I say ,it does it all.IT slices, it dices,it neuters your cat. Brilliant work nothing left out.Roth ,you have my compliments and thanks.Glenn
[/quote]
Thank you Glenn. We will be adding lots of great stuff on the Showdown forums, which will be up on tuesday.
The Showdown lands in the UK!

First impressions - the leather's lovely, the features great and the construction... wow. This is the kind of wallet that Escher would have designed, had he sidelined in magic/mentalism.

I'm going to have to have a proper play with this, manual-on-screen, before I commit to any more of a review.

Definately worth the wait. :) :) :)
Ditto what mark said...no pm's please...

first feel of it all, very nice, same size as my normal wallet - need time to investigate and play around with it before I say much more...

very nicely made...
Ths showdown didn't land in Switzerland :)
Anyway if one day I see a flying wallet, it's because I have too much smoke.
[quote]
On 2010-05-24 14:49, Mark Powell wrote:
The Showdown lands in the UK!

First impressions - the leather's lovely, the features great and the construction... wow. This is the kind of wallet that Escher would have designed, had he sidelined in magic/mentalism.

I'm going to have to have a proper play with this, manual-on-screen, before I commit to any more of a review.

Definitely worth the wait. :) :) :)
[/quote]
Thank you for being kind enough to post Mark.

Thank you Iain for your post as well :)

-Rick
Mike, Glenn, Mark and Iain, I'd like to thank you guys too for posting your initial thoughts and I'm very pleased to hear it described as Escher-esque :)

Feel free to PM me with any questions or ideas.

Ran
Not arrived in New Zealand yet!
Come on mr postman!!!
Still waiting in Canada but then again our postal service(including customs) is the slowest in the civilized world.
O.K. guys, the motherload came in today. This was the big shipment we were waiting for.

So I feel safe saying "hang in there" they will be going out in large shipments this week.

Several have shipped already as you know.

So if you are waiting, the wait is pretty much over, we are shipping :)

[img]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6801/trrrrk004.jpg[/img]
Which one is mine?

I can see mine ( hooray!!!)
Hopefully mine is on the way to across to asia now. Can't wait to receive it soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8BPcNUQy-0

Great video

Still waiting but its nearby I can sense it!
Mine came yesterday, but I was in Pittsburgh doing a show.

Got home today and am having fun playing with it.

Now I gotta go read the pdf and watch those videos to figure out what to do with it!
Wow my arrived today!

Got gig tonight and Paul Daniels workshop tommorow, then 3 day NZ Magic convention!

So after all that wait I wont be able to study till Tuesday when I fly out to Sydney ( the irony!)

Initial look = quality superb, as always from Outlaw ,head spinning with possibilities
Are the wallets still available to order, or are these just fulfilling existing orders?
The big problem with this is a good one , exactly as some have suggested - it sets your head spinning with possibilities. I am still playing with this and thinking of things so it's hard to be specific and offer a review though I am sure Rick would like to see some. It is beautifully made - looks and feels great and there are so many functions. I don't need all of them so I am concentrating on what appeals most. This is certain to be a great addition to the arsenal, making some effects easier and making new ones possible.
Perhaps june to receive the SD was too optimist, July sounds good.
Same here :(
But it should arrive soon : the "motherload" was the 25, transportation takes roughly ten days, so we can hope our friends will disembark on the 6th of June. You were right all along :D.
It seems as soon as post hits Europe from America or vice versa from Europe to America it slows down to a grind.
Mine was posted last Monday and can only imagine which plane its in, or which customs officer is inspecting it for its hidden secrets...a bit on the small side I would imagine for drugs trafficking but still...lol
Hey There,

A few folks have pm'd me because I haven't posted anything more on the wallet. I've just been super busy. My lack of not posting more thoughts does not mean I'm dissatisfied with it. I really like it. It is now my everyday wallet and I use a business card in the see though window instead of my drivers license. For some reason my license is too dark to see in the window. My business card works perfectly.

The peaks are awesome and the loads are terrific. It is so easy to load signed cards to wallets etc. The switching piece of this wallet is very neat too. Now that I made up the "see through" business card I fool myself all the time.

I love it. I hope the rest of you do too.

Any further news on the wallets hitting the UK? I'm still waiting and each day am dissapointed when the postman just delivers bills and other unwanted rubish. I know the wallets were sent out a while ago but I'm still waiting : (
No kidding...still waiting here in Canada ?

Haven't seen too many reviews either ?
Still nothing and no other reviews!!! Have many people received their wallets or are most of us still waiting?
I can't believe I pre-ordered this in December last year and it's nearly July...7 months!!!! please Rick or Ran give us an update
Beautiful wallet!

I'd love it if there was a companion dvd of routines. I know there are so many uses for this...
Hmmm, I was considering ordering this wallet but after seeing the delays here and lack of shipping I think I'll hold off for a little... still playing about with a SAW anyway lol.

But one thing... is it as great as it sounds? For those that do have it, are there any HUGE differences between this and the SAW?

Thanks
Ryan, one HUGE difference between this and many others is showdown does serve as a real working wallet. By that I mean with real estate sufficient enough to store what a wallet would normally carry.

Regarding "magic" properties, since you mentioned SAW (of which I am also a proud owner) the way I see it; it encompasses SAW, and on top Heirloom. I am not sure of your motivation, but mine is primarily switching, and this certainly does the job well.
Another week goes by and still no wallet. I've no doubt the quality of the wallet is excellent, but the quality of service I've received sure is awful.
Just received mine. It is a terrific wallet with a lot of possibilities from swi.....g to sw..i writing to ind....g. It can also be used as an everyday wallet. Superbly manufactured with attention to detail. Great wallet. Highly recommended.

Michael
Still no wallet. Rick, your service is a joke - I ordered this at Christmas!
A brilliant wallet. It really does have everything.

On top of that, the routines that come with it are first class.

Many thanks to Outlaw (yet again) for a wonderful prop!
This is worth the investment!

Regards,
Mike
I've modified mine with 4 more neo's to include both sides A and B....now works even better!
I received this wallet on a discount due to poor service/communication on another Outlaw item I purchased. Reviewing my experiences with Outlaw in comparison to purchases made through other dealers (small & large), this is definetely the worst customer experience I've ever had.

Rick could really benefit taking a class on proper customer management - i.e regular updates/notification of shipment.

Oh well...fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jul 15, 2010 12:43PM)
I have never had any problems with Outlaw and will continue to use them.

The problem that so many people have had with waiting for a product to come to market can be solved by Outlaw not taking pre-orders, plain and simply.

I really do understand the reasoning behind pre-orders and it is a strong one. But when the product takes this long, it is the fault of taking pre-orders that is the villain. If a product was made and then had problems it will take MORE time to get the finished product. Once the product has arrival THEN I would place it on the market. This way the buyers get their item in a very nice and timely fashion.

As I already stated, I really understand the reasoning of pre-orders and sometimes that is the only way a product can be made.

Best
Ray
I have no problem with waiting periods associated with a pre-order (as some others may have), just the major lack of communication regarding the process.
Another week has passed and still no wallet.
Rick, I find your attitude to be arrogant and unprincipled. Clearly your products are of a very high quality to have inspired the replies and support of the respected café members above, however this is my first experience with Outlaw Products and I am appalled. It is now in excess of seven weeks since you assured us that ‘the wait is almost over’, and yet not only have the wallets not arrived, but, much worse than that, you haven’t even offered an explanation. This in itself is completely unprofessional, even if it is accepted that the original delays were beyond your control. As much as I admire your creativity, I will never order from your company again.
Hi lemonjug
Firstly let me sat I have no acssociation to Rick or outlaw products, however I have purchased a number of items each one of which suffered delays, which drove me nuts but I was always kept informed by Rick ( even if the answers were not what I wanted to hear) My wife helped me keep things into perspective by talking to me about sleights I couldn't master first time, they are always worth the extra investment in time. I have this wallet and its unbelievable!
Rick's a good guy ( IMHO) but service/delivery times is an area for improvement, in his business!!
Hope you change your mind about outlaw and receive your wallet soon
best wishes
Andy
Just received it. What an amazing tool. I believe my obsessive collecting of gaffed wallets can finally end.
Unless of course Roth comes up with another one.
Yeah, it's really the only wallet you need.

Benny
[quote]
On 2010-07-22 00:16, Ben Harris wrote:

Benny
[/quote]

Ben, my heart almost stopped. Please don't joke around like that!

Chris

:rotf:
I just ordered mine yesterday, I hope it comes soon!
The long, long wait is over! Showdown came and YES, it was worth the wait. Its beautiful, well designed and is the new standard. It's easy to forget Outlaw isn't Murphy's. One fills orders quickly, the other provides miracles not available anywhere else.
Can you do ´cash cabaret´ with the showdown?
kiki
No you cannot
[quote]
On 2010-08-30 20:02, lunatik wrote:
No you cannot
[/quote]

thx!
I'm still waiting for mine but does it not have a SUC feature? If so could you not do cash cabaret using that?
[quote]
On 2010-07-22 00:16, Ben Harris wrote:

Benny
[/quote]

Coming from you, that carries a lot of weight when it comes to a buying decision..
I'm really beginning to like this more and more.
[quote]
On 2010-08-31 10:03, Garrad wrote:
I'm still waiting for mine but does it not have a SUC feature? If so could you not do cash cabaret using that?
[/quote]

It does have the SUC feature but not quite the way you are used too. The "slip" goes into the bill fold so you can't access it by just opening the wallet. Not like the original SUC or SAW.

Hope I didn't give too much away there Rick...
Message: Posted by: Rafael The Master Hypnotist (Oct 4, 2010 09:29PM)
YES You Can Do "Cash Cabaret" using this Wallet

I have played around and fiddled with this wallet and I discover that I can still perform the Cash Cabaret using this "Showdown" without using the SUC feature, PM me if you are interested

and oh I manage to put my "Predator" Wallet to rest and now resorting to "Showdown" to create the "Predator" feature

if guys are interested, PM me

to proof that you own Showdown, let me know what is the word that you see, the word that appear behind the Clear ID case in the Pdf Instructions
Message: Posted by: Rafael The Master Hypnotist (Oct 4, 2010 09:42PM)
Here is a Question To Everyone who own "PSYPHER" and of course own "Showdown"

Would you try put your "PSHYPER" inside an OLD and Unused Wallet that had the same thickness with your "Showdown"

And then cut the Extra Lining that is inside of that OLD Wallet, and put the "PSYPHER" in it

Do you think the "PSYPHER" still work?

I own "Universal Impression", in fact I own Four of this, and I place it in various object that I used in Conjunction with other Effect in my Repertoire

Since I use Showdown Wallet, and I'm interested to put in concert this "PSYPHER" if it can do the job

all "PSYPHER" and "Showdown" owner, could you check and let me know how it goes

Thank you for your Kind Reply

Hey Roth , so if I ordered one of these now , do you have the stock ?
I'm interested also, but with the Showdown page so bare on Rick's site I figured that it wasn’t quite ready to go yet.

Are they shipping now, Rick?

Thanks!

Jim
Just ordered mine tonight - can't wait.
I carry my Showdown everywhere...

I am walking supernatural phenomena...

This thing is just sick. I'll never buy another wallet. When it wears out (which will be about 300 years) I am buying another one.

If you hesitate to buy this - DON'T! Even for the casual mentalist, this wallet can accomplish mysteries beyond comprehension.

Thank you Rick Roth and Ran Pink. You've got a new fan.

Jake Murphree
[quote]
On 2010-10-26 12:16, murph813 wrote:
I carry my Showdown everywhere...

I am walking supernatural phenomena...

This thing is just sick. I'll never buy another wallet. When it wears out (which will be about 300 years) I am buying another one.

If you hesitate to buy this - DON'T! Even for the casual mentalist, this wallet can accomplish mysteries beyond comprehension.

Thank you Rick Roth and Ran Pink. You've got a new fan.

Jake Murphree
[/quote]
Thanks man!

We are shipping Showdowns out every week. Just shipped another batch. If yer still waiting for an order PM me, I have them in stock and will get yours out.

Posted some new pics on the Showdown page too :)

Pantera and Hideout are also in stock.

Thanks!
I got this yesterday myself.

All I can say is wow.. I'm so glad that I bought this one. Outlaw has another happy customer...
I have decieded to got for the showdown wallet as well. I have however not used wallets in my mentalism before. Are there books/dvds with wallet routines, theory (about the justification for using your wallet), tricks, etc. that are highly recommanded?
Just got this the other day and all I have to say is like everybody else- "WOW" My head is spinning with the possibilities of this thing! This wallet is beautiful and what makes it for me- it looks like a REGULAR wallet you would carry! Just Beautiful!

As for all you who have criticized Rick's customer service- just have patience. Besides the shipping part (which may get delayed sometimes) Rick's customer service is GREAT! Anytime I have had a question Rick was quick to respond to it. Not to mention, if you want more than a few things Rick may work with you. I HIGHLY recommend ordering from Outlaw Effects.

Oh-OK- I better put it:

RNK DISCLAIMER: I never met Rick, Never spoke to Rick, just really liked his customer service, prices and mainly his products!
OK- so now I have had the chance to put the wallet to work. And let me tell you- this is the EASIEST work I have ever done. To use the wallet is pure JOY. The peek is WONDERFUL- I took the pdf manual's suggestions to make an OPEN peek wallet. The spectator is standing right in front of you while you are getting the peek and they have NO idea! This is amazing in itself. The loading and unloading in the back of the wallet- again- AMAZINGLY easy. As for the indexing- well- do I really have to say anything- I will say this- so so nice. You will be surprised on how many cards you actually can index! And to retrieve them- again- pure JOY! Rick and Ran- AWESOME WALLET! Please make sure you send out a pm if you guys are not going to make this anymore- I will have to buy at least one more of them. As you stated- this is now my EVERYDAY wallet- Wuuu Huuu!!!!!

Thanks for the Showdown!

RNK
[quote]
On 2011-03-21 14:58, RNK wrote:
OK- so now I have had the chance to put the wallet to work. And let me tell you- this is the EASIEST work I have ever done. To use the wallet is pure JOY. The peek is WONDERFUL- I took the pdf manual's suggestions to make an OPEN peek wallet. The spectator is standing right in front of you while you are getting the peek and they have NO idea! This is amazing in itself. The loading and unloading in the back of the wallet- again- AMAZINGLY easy. As for the indexing- well- do I really have to say anything- I will say this- so so nice. You will be surprised on how many cards you actually can index! And to retrieve them- again- pure JOY! Rick and Ran- AWESOME WALLET! Please make sure you send out a pm if you guys are not going to make this anymore- I will have to buy at least one more of them. As you stated- this is now my EVERYDAY wallet- Wuuu Huuu!!!!!

Thanks for the Showdown!

RNK
[/quote]
That's so cool. Ran and I are very happy you are so pleased. Makes the months of R and D and countless prototypes, all worth it :) There is no sho-gun that is quite as devious in design hehehe.

Thanks RNK! Now go scorch some specs :bat:

-Rick
Absolutely right- None that is as Devious!! A thing of beauty guys! You are most welcome- just keep the ideas coming!

RNK
Such a sweet bunch of leather, I own two of them! I have become, like sooo many here, a complete wallet addict, and this is the only wallet where I have gotten another one just in case. I don’t want something to happen to the one I use daily or have it wear out and then find that Rick has stopped offering them!

Jim
Just ordered mine as my SAW was stolen! I have a question... This wallet sounds fantastic and seems to have many advantages over the Stealth Assassin. My question is, does it have any disadvantages or does it do everything my old SAW would do?

thanks
Sean
The Showdown can't do OTL. Apart from that, you're pretty much covered - and then some. :)
Thanks Mark. Use a pad for that anyway!
Has anyone else found that the ID filters on the showdown are not up to the quality of the Magnum or Telethought. The filters on my Showdown are plainly visible from the sides unlike both the Magnum and the Telethought. a bit disappointing as it makes angles a lot more sensitive.

Regards
Sean
Sean,

I don’t have either the Magnum nor the Telethought, but I will say that I have never found the filter in the Showdown nor Hideout to be as effective as I'd like. The Pantera's filter seems to be a little better however.

Jim
Jim, What I've found is the filter in magnum and Telethought are just about the same and the information is hidden from all angles but one. With the showdown filter the information is viewable from all angles but one! I can't see any advantage with this style of filter and the peek is no clearer for me, just less deceptive. It's a shame because the showdown really lends itself to a bold open peek.

Sean
I don’t seem to have the same problems as you; the filters in both my Hideout and Showdown make any information virtually invisible from all angles except looking almost straight down at the peek window, which is as it should be. My problem - and I have seen others post the same thing - is that even when looking straight down at the peek window it can very difficult to read whatever information is "hidden" there, IF the lighting isn't very bright. Lighting conditions play with the filters' visibility something fierce.

But I have never had an issue with info being visible from other angles. Did you remove and replace the filters by any chance?

Thanks!

Jim
Hey Jim,
I haven't changed anything at this point. I know the issue you are talking about though and it affects all types of these filters. The angle that the light hits the filter can dramatically change how visible the peek is. I can work around that but my problem is that the peek is clearly visible from all angles except from in front. I guess I could work around this too but with the magnum/Telethought filter this is not an issue. I'm actually using a modified SAW now that has had some additions that give more room and an open peek (which I don't use) if needed.

S
I'm extremely happy with this wallet. On its own, it is just a great quality wallet. For impromptu miracles, it can be devastating. Use it as your everyday wallet so that you are comfortable handling it and don't treat it as a prop. And then, at a moments' inspiration, you are ready to roll.

I keep the index loaded and ready to perform one Looch's effects from "Your thoughts are mine."
I'm interested in this wallet. But I have a question.
Can you perform CTW with this wallet?
Yes you can. The card will end up in one of the billfold compartments.
[quote]
On 2011-12-19 02:58, JCheng wrote:
I'm interested in this wallet. But I have a question.
Can you perform CTW with this wallet?
[/quote]

You can but to be fair the CTW load was actually designed to load billets and is nowhere near as easy to load as most CTW wallets. You might want to have a look at Alakazam's Infinity Wallet or their new F1 Nitro if you want a mentalism wallet that is specifically designed to do CTW. As a mentalism wallet, the Showdown is great but for CTW, not so much.

all the best
Sean
I agree with Sean. Showdown is not a CTW wallet, but it can be used as one. Actually works very well but doesn’t place the card in an area of the wallet where CTW wallets usually do, so the effect is lessened to a degree. (A large degree IMO).

For pure CTW, Tony Miller and Nathan Kranzo just released a real killer CTW wallet, called The Badger. Two different loads: a LePaul load into a zippered compartment that is super easy, and a load into a Mullica insert (Wallet within a wallet) that also utilizes a zippered compartment.

Showdown is much better suited for switches, peeks, and can also be used very effectively for CTIL effects where you do not load a card during the effect, but have it pre-loaded. (Nemo-type effects, etc). It has a good number of index slots, a deceptive peek window, and a completely duplicated section that is awesome!

Jim
Thank you everyone for answering me and for your honest opinions.
Yup, that's right. Some wallets are mainly designed for mentalism, and some are for CTW.

I believe, the great wallets for CTW and mentalism are Infinity Wallet or F1 Nitro. I don't have these two, but I know you can do CTW and mentalism features.

I love F1 Nitro but with my spending for the Christmas, I think I have to stop shopping for a while now.

If you are looking only for CTW routine, there are some good ones. Real Man's Wallet, Hip Pocket Mullica, Super Slim Hip Pocket Mullica, The Badger (this is just released this month), Star Himber Wallet, and don't forget No Palm Wallet by Jerry O'Connell.

These are only some I can remember, I'm sure there are a lot more of them in the market :)
I just have one questions before I hit the buy now button. Will this work with 16 multiple outs and can the compartment be shown empty after the card is pulled out the same as the killer wallet?

Thanks for your help
[quote]
On 2012-01-30 15:31, F.ambro wrote:
I just have one questions before I hit the buy now button. Will this work with 16 multiple outs and can the compartment be shown empty after the card is pulled out the same as the killer wallet?

Thanks for your help
[/quote]

From my experience with the wallet, it holds more than you can even fathom. I believe one of Rick's goals was to design the wallet to complement the idea of performing KK and Heirloom with it...

As for the rest of the question: I forgot who originally said it but the wallet truly does "duplicate itself."

To me, this is a wallet meant to become an instant tool. That is why is does so much. It is one of my favorite purchases- the possibilities are endless!

Cheers,
Cooper
Does this wallet come with explanations? dvd or routines?. I mean I'm new to mentalism will I be able to use it alot?.
Showdown comes with a manual that explains all the various parts of it. You do not receive a DVD and you do not receive "mentalism instructions". A wallet is a tool, an accessory. This is not one of the one-purpose wallets that comes with a routine. That said there are a few ideas mentioned by Ran Pink, who wrote the manual but nothing you could really perform in an act IMO.

Jim
It's a great wallet but I sold mine as I'm not a "die-hard" billet mentalist.... so I needed a little help on the ideas and routining.
A dvd would have been great!
This sounds great but I really think ill have to pass, at least until I know more of mentlaism effects I do need directions and ideas a dvd. And if someone owning this and saw v1.1 w could do a honst comparison I would love to read it.
[quote]
On 2012-02-12 14:37, freewayh wrote:
This sounds great but I really think ill have to pass, at least until I know more of mentlaism effects I do need directions and ideas a dvd. And if someone owning this and saw v1.1 w could do a honst comparison I would love to read it.
[/quote]

I own both freewayh so I'll have a go at a comparison for you.

The first thing is the size, SAW is much smaller than the Showdown. Showdown is the same size as a typical back pocket wallet you might buy from a department store. SAW would be a little more than half that size. Therefore there is MUCH more space for credit cards etc. in the Showdown should you want to use it as your 'everyday' wallet. Having said that, both wallets can hold your cash although with SAW you would need to fold it in half.

Both wallets have the ever popular SUC feature and also the capacity for indexing cards or billets etc. However, once again, the Showdown gives you MUCH more freedom in this respect. The additional peek feature in the SAW is also in the Showdown but with Showdown you have an additional peek due to a special window that Outlaw have used on several of their wallets.

If I was in a brick and mortar magic shop and had both wallets in my hands, I would buy the Showdown without a moments hesitation. In my opinion it is so much more versatile (and roomy) than SAW. One benefit SAW does have is it comes with a DVD packed with routines and ideas.

I have the Showdown sitting in front of me as I write this but the SAW is packed away somewhere so I'm working from memory regarding its features.

Porter
Thank you porter you just nailed something that ws bugging me, just for the style of the wallets I think I should get the showdown, there is no way I can explain the saw and I could even get picked on for it. Just hope I can clear my head on some ideas I think the wallet should help me do.
So can any of the slots be "adapted" to be used as a holder for coins/loose change as part of everyday use?

Thanks

Mach
Freewayh, there's no worry about the style of the SAW. I use it as my everyday wallet and no one has said a word.

On another note, Tony, I've thought of getting the Showdown as my SAW is several years old and on its last legs. In terms of its size, I'm just trying to visualize whether it would fit comfortably in a front hip pocket as opposed to the back. Is it too big for that?
I used my SAW for 1.5 years, everyday in my front pocket, and later for about 6 months in my back pocket. It always worked great, and it took a severe beating. Let me tell you, I used the SAW to produce a pool ball for the longest time, and it kills coming from such a small wallet! I produced it through the SUC section, and it would always stretch perfectly to allow the pool ball to pop into view.
I then moved to the Infinity wallet, which has been in my backpocket for a while now. I use a slide and produce objects from inside its snapped-shut ID window area.
I have only recently bought the Showdown, and am excited to finally receive it. I do not plan on attempting to produce a pool ball from this wallet...
Got this wallet recently, and its amazing. I've been on the lookout for a wallet that is versatile without diluting some effects, and this wallet ticks 99% of my requirements.
Hi,

I could see that Rick (or Outlaw Effects) have written on their website that they would get the Showdown Wallet back in stock today (4/18), but I still can't order it. Does anybody know when it will be possible again? I would really, REALLY like to get it.
Or does anyone know if it is possible to buy the item second hand?

Thanks in advance.
Hey Mikkel,

I believe that there's a slight delay in the restocking of the Showdown wallet. I had mine backordered sometime back, but am still waiting for it.

Might I add that, despite this delay, Rick provides excellent customer service. So much so that I worry for his welfare. :) Like some other posters on the forum, I sometimes wonder if Rick sleeps at all since he usually replies to emails ridiculously fast (unless he's very busy of course, which I'm sure he often is).

I emailed him a while ago, and am waiting for his reply on roughly when the Showdown wallet will be restocked. I'll get back to you once I found out. Alternatively, you could drop him a PM or an email to ask him yourself. I recommend that you get the wallet directly from him... I don't think many owners of a working, intact Showdown wallet would want to give it up anyway. :P

Nigel Lew
Things have moved on , most will agree Fourseen Wallet (Wallet and 2 DVD set) by Matthew Wright is the way to go
Oh, I don't know. The Fourseen looks great - and doggone it I'll probably end up with one soon. But I wouldn't sell the Showdown wallet short! I have two Showdowns (Purchased a second on the "Tricks for Sale" forum just in case Outlaw Express discontinued it so I'd have one if my first one got lost!)

I don't think I could go wrong with a Fourseen wallet, but the Showdown fits just fine for most purposes. While the Fourseen looks to be very good for CTW, the Showdown is tough to beat for switching, multiple outs, and indexing. IMO they are both great for different reasons.

Jim
Fourseen and Showdown are VERY different and I wont sell any of both. Showdown is a very classy wallet!
Jim is totally right, two different wallets for different possibilities.
They might be different but the point I was making you can do a lot more with foreseen than showdown , also as a package the foreseen comes with 2 DVD's packed full of routines ! ,
Hopefully I can find out what can be done CTW-wise along with index and multiple outs, that is significantly better than what is already available ('cause I most likely already [b][i]have [/i][/b]what's already available!) One of the problems with having a magic wallet addiction is that you often end up with a lot of wallets that can do some things wonderfully that you never, ever use! E.g., I have a lot of wallets that have very deceptive peek features; many have more than one peek feature. But I never use wallets for peeks! I don’t like designing a routine around the fact that I need to place a card or note/billet into my wallet just to get a peek. Way too many other ways that don’t involve a wallet or other magic accessory. A good switching wallet is fine, as is a wallet that makes the CTW appear more impossible.

Not surprisingly it can take quite a while to find out if a new wallet on the market has the specific features that I really need instead of a whole lot that I don’t. That is, it can take a long while if I don’t want to shell out the bucks before I find out! (Not having any more magic retail shops nearby, and being too d*a**m*n*e*d cripped to go far to find one and personally examine some products is a real PITA!) What the Showdown does for me presently is a great switching ability and a whole lot of hidden places to keep effects designed to be pulled from a wallet. No true CTW feature.

I am hopeful of finding out more of what the Fourseen can actually do well, which may take some time. (And I no longer rely purely on reviews because, well, I think you know why; way too much marketing and promotion is done through reviews nowadays). I need for someone who I know and trust to have one and give me the real scoop, knowing what I would be looking for. From the early news on it I would guess that I will probably own one sooner or later.

:D

Thanks!

Jim
Sorry but I have to disagree a bit with you JackMagic. You simply have a lot of tools on your hand with both wallets.
For example: ShoGun Feature Vs. Reverse Mullica (to name just two VERY big differences with a lot of nuances).
With showdown you have one of the most deceptive peeks (spectator can burn you and the wallet while you getting your peek) in your arsenal Vs. a four way peek which is ok but not nearly as clean and deceptive imho. I don't need to mention that both wallets can use their Mullica features for peeking and switching alike.
Switching billets using the showdown is a breeze (lot of ways to do that and due to the sho gun feature more versatile in that manner).
ShoGun Index feature Vs. Window Feature (but you can use the showdown for secret writing and loading a information as well). Please don't get me wrong, I love the window feature of my fourseen!!! As I said, I love both wallets but the fact that you don't get two dvds and made up routine ideas with showdown does not make it smaller or less lethal than the Fourseen. If you put thought in it and if you think about routines, its not fair to say that the fourseen or the showdown can do more... it depends on the person using it.
If you are looking for a wallet with multi peeks and switching billets, my first choice would be The Cassidy Wallet ,

Highly Recommend this wallet !
The webpage now indicates that the wallet will be back in stock 6 June. Let's hope the manufacturer delivers the wallets on time this time round!

Nigel
Seeing as I am heading into my second year of waiting for my Hobbs hand, don't count on it. Rick and I used to be friends but man, all the promises unfulfilled. Sad.
James
ArtIn mentioned that "…both wallets can use their Mullica features for peeking and switching alike.", referring to the Showdown and Fourseen wallets. Showdown doesn’t have a Mullica feature. The Shogun feature is indeed excellent, and there is a SUC-type feature also. But no Mullica, reverse or otherwise.

Jim
Jim you are absolutely correct on that, i'am sorry. I must have thought slit... Mullica....
There is no inner wallet with showdown of course. Thank you for correcting me. much appreciated!
For those who want to have a closer look at the wallet just visit the outlaw webpage.
I ordered a showdown in September 2012 and am still waiting for it. Lots of unfulfilled promises and ignored emails. Not a happy customer.
Welcome to the world of Rick, zentao. :D The only thing I can say, when Rick finally delivers, you will be a very happy customer again. Everything has it's price. Sometimes it's just not money... ;)
[quote]
On 2013-09-23 18:25, zentao wrote:
I ordered a showdown in September 2012 and am still waiting for it. Lots of unfulfilled promises and ignored emails. Not a happy customer.
[/quote]

Strange because Rick seems to be a top-notch guy with great customer service. Be patient- he will make it right! He always has gone above and betond with me.

RNK
I've dealt with Rick in the past, had a few items from outlaw, and as you say the items are all excellent.

Rick is his own worst enemy, he makes promises that he can't keep when simple honesty up front would prevent half the problems.

He has contacted me again about the wallet and ensures me that it is on its way. I'll wait and see.

Apparently he had problems with his supplier for the latest shipment, but had he told me this up front instead of telling me the wallet was on its way he could have saved himself a disatisfied customer.

With regards being patient - I have been. I ordered the wallet over a year ago, and these are the first posts that I have placed in a public forum with a complaint.

I don't for an instant suspect him of foul play, I am sure that he is a great guy. I just think that some lessons in managing customer expectations wouldn't go amiss.

Hopefully my wallet will arrive this time as promised and I'll be able to post something more positive about Rick and Outlaw.
I've found Rick to be awesome and a pleasure to deal with in every way, except in fulfilling orders. I've had several cases of being told that an item would ship the week I enquired, and then a month or more later had to email again, and after a few rounds of that I did eventually receive the item. If that happened once I wouldn't think that much of it, but the same pattern was seen with several different orders. I even had a case where someone posted here on the Café of ordering something long after I did and receiving it well before I did. I've never let things go more than a couple of months without emailing to check on an order, but I have the feeling that if I'd never inquired that I'd have waited much longer.

Every Outlaw Effects item I've purchased has been outstanding, and I'm grateful to Rick for the products and for offering some kind discounts. If he were in my town I'd buy him a beer in a heartbeat and tell him thanks in person. That said, I have had shipping promises not kept, and, like zentao said, "I just think that some lessons in managing customer expectations wouldn't go amiss."
I've found Rick to be awesome and a pleasure to deal with in every way, except in fulfilling orders. I've had several cases of being told that an item would ship the week I enquired, and then a month or more later had to email again, and after a few rounds of that I did eventually receive the item. If that happened once I wouldn't think that much of it, but the same pattern was seen with several different orders. I even had a case where someone posted here on the Café of ordering something long after I did and receiving it well before I did. I've never let things go more than a couple of months without emailing to check on an order, but I have the feeling that if I'd never inquired that I'd have waited much longer.

Every Outlaw Effects item I've purchased has been outstanding, and I'm grateful to Rick for the products and for offering some kind discounts. If he were in my town I'd buy him a beer in a heartbeat and tell him thanks in person. That said, I have had shipping promises not kept, and, like zentao said, "I just think that some lessons in managing customer expectations wouldn't go amiss."
3 weeks have now passed since Ricks last email promising delivery within a week.

Guess what? No wallet!

I made payment for this on 18 September 2012!
[quote]
On 2013-10-14 06:24, zentao wrote:
3 weeks have now passed since Ricks last email promising delivery within a week.

Guess what? No wallet!

[/quote]

OMG.. well I also ordered this wallet and it's very nice.

It arrived a month or two after I purchased it.

But, more than a year? Holy Jesus.

Rick, it would be really nice for you to chime in and clarify this delay. :)

Regards,

[b] Andreu [/b]

:firedevil:
[quote]
On 2013-10-14 06:24, zentao wrote:

Guess what? No wallet!

[/quote]
PM me your name and I'll get this sorted. I think I know who you are and emailed you back already. Thanks.
I also have problem with my order of my showdown wallet.

I ordered the 10 june and rick told me that it will be shipped 4 days laters....but I received nothing
The 10 august he mailed me and says that my package was shipped....but I received nothing...
16 septembre he apologies and says he will ship another one in priority with tracking number.

I still have nothing and of course rick doesn't answer anymore when I ask for the tracking number....
I have now received a tracking number from Rick.

Fingers crossed.
OK. Received my wallet today.

There are no instructions. At all. I knew there wasn't any DVD, but nothing?

Could somebody help me out, this is my first gimmicked wallet so I have no reference point for how to get the most out of this.

Thanks.
There should be a PDF from Outlaw that gives you an idea of what to do with it.

Email them and ask.
[quote]
On 2013-10-22 10:55, zentao wrote:
OK. Received my wallet today.

There are no instructions. At all. I knew there wasn't any DVD, but nothing?

Could somebody help me out, this is my first gimmicked wallet so I have no reference point for how to get the most out of this.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Yes, there is a very nice 19 page PDF manual written by Rick Roth and Ran Pink. Shows all available features with a number of photos, along with a few routines/ideas by Ran.

Rick emailed it to me the same day I sent the money via PayPal, so I had it to read while the Showdown was on its way. I have two Showdown wallets, btw!! And truth be told, I would love to pick up another Hideout wallet too. :bg:

Jim
Finally received mine too,
Like zentao it didn't came with instruction.
But I'm lucky, friend of mine already have the wallet and the pdf.
Where is Outlaw's email? I ordered and did not get a tracking number or the pdf, and he has not responded to my pm
You might have a very long wait.

Time stands still for Outlaw.

But the wallet is very nice- I own one.

I had to wait approximately 6 months to get mine, and that was only after sending them many inquiries.
Okay, I was given a shipping number. Although the pdf I was sent was only a page long and I don't really understand the workings of the wallets from it, and I tried the online forrum with the password I was given and am still not sure of the workings. Can someone email me the pdf you have ? Mabe that one will amke it more clear
Hi elimagic,

Did you get sorted with the pdf?

PM me if you're still having trouble.
Have you gotten the wallet yet, elimagic?
Thanks for making sure I was taken care of. Received everything and when I opened the wallet and played with it for a bit, realized my Stealth assassin was better for my needs.
My wallet is now for sale along with a number if other outlaw items.

Pm me if interested.
Hi, Its out of stock on the site right now. Will it be available in future?
Hi guys, I had a quick question. I'm trying to figure out if the Showdown or the Hideout would be a better wallet for me to purchase. I'm looking to do the following......

1. Heirloom (I have the newer version with aged, thicker photos......each photo is maybe 2X the thickness of a playing card
2. Need a switching wallet (switch bills, billets, etc.)
3. Need a good peek (preferably closed wallet peek but open wallet is ok as well)

I'm also looking to carry a decent amount of stuff inside wallet.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.
JUST got mine from Ebay, no instructions though. It's clever. I was hoping to put heirloom also, I think you could use a half deck version. it has a shogun and both open/closed peek.
Thanks Sashac. So you would say that the full heirloom doesn't fit? If so, that makes me think I need the Hideout.
[quote]On Nov 17, 2014, Sean Gem wrote:
Thanks Sashac. So you would say that the full heirloom doesn't fit? If so, that makes me think I need the Hideout. [/quote]

No it wouldn't, except if you want to put double per pocket. It's as if you had one side of the wallet. It could work quite easily, but it wasn't made for that.
FYI: Got an e-mail from Rick last week, and it seems like the Showdown won't be back in stock anytime soon. I should have bought one when they where in stock back in august.