(Close Window)
Topic: Modern Art Travelling
Hello all,

I just bought a new Modern Art Illusion and I am very happy with it. It's a great illusion very well made in the USA. The version I have breaks down to two pieces: one is the top half and the other is the table plus the bottom half. My questions are:

For the owners of Modern Art, do you have one ATA case for all three pieces or you have two sperate ATA cases? What are the pro and cons of having an illusion in the same or several cases for travelling in the airports?

Second is there a good insurance company for magic equipment worldwide and what are your experience with it?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best,

Soleil
One case. As far as insurance goes good luck.
It's going to be one beast of a case if it's all in one. I have mine in two separate cases. This makes the prop more manageable in size and in weight. Flying is going to be expensive, freight shipment will be more affordable.

Insurance .. how much did you pay for the prop? You have to consider how much your premium will be and what the prop is actually worth.

Steve
Yes, it is a beast but it is managable.
[quote]
On 2009-12-30 15:31, soleil wrote:
Hello all,

I just bought a new Modern Art Illusion and I am very happy with it. It's a great illusion very well made in the USA. The version I have breaks down to two pieces: one is the top half and the other is the table plus the bottom half. My questions are:

For the owners of Modern Art, do you have one ATA case for all three pieces or you have two sperate ATA cases? What are the pro and cons of having an illusion in the same or several cases for travelling in the airports?

Second is there a good insurance company for magic equipment worldwide and what are your experience with it?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best,

Soleil
[/quote]
Insurance is not a big deal. Props are just the same as a valued piece of furniture. Any insurance company can issue a rider on top of your personal or business policy.
Give them replacement value and don't make a big deal about it being magic.
One road case on wheels only weighs 125lbs easy to move.

Ihave had this shipped easily several times although our main transportation is truck and trailer the few cases the better for me!

sam
Thanks everybody for the input,

may I ask one more time if you have an insurance for your illusions when you travel worldwide?

Best,

Soleil