(Close Window)
Topic: Any feed back to this shop 52magic.com
Any opinions on this magic shop plaese http://www.52magic.com
is it for real or..... Stay away from it?
Looks legit, thanks for letting me know about it. I don't need anything right now, says my wife, but it looks like they carry some nice magic.
Hummm, it look serious but since nô body knows it it s a little scary ...
Actually I was looking for some report top before to buy and I found this post ...
I Will give a try I think ...
If others did please let us know how it went ..
Thank you ..
Yeah, I'm interested if they are legit as well. I'm out of budget for this month but if I buy will report. They have some items that are ridiculously cheap -- like, below wholesale.
I would stay away. For example, as they have ultracinese for sale @ $35. either knock off or they steal your money in my opinion.
I'm also interested in knowing if anyone has ordered from this company. They don't accept credit cards, only Western Union or bank payment.

They have a really nice red zebra silk & streamer set that I was interested in.

Rick
Its all fake (copies) I emailed them asking how they could sell so cheap and the reply was all copies not original.

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
This has been discussed here before, anyway, they sell knock-off items. Mass produced. I don't think they're gonna steal your money, but they sell fake items.
Never heard of them. Best thing is to call in person if you're not sure, and talk to someone there...
Anyone ever ordered there?
If so, write me a message...
I believe they are based overseas - in China(not 100% on that though)
I have shopped with them for about 2 weeks ago and I got my stuff for a few days ago. It is authentic and has pretty good quality. The trick is very good. I bought quite a lot and I got everything. And you get good explanations on what you are buying. I think 52magic is very good.
Look at this http://www.52magic.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=1081&productname= ultracinese for $9!! must be a knockoff
Definitely dodgy - avoid
[quote]
On 2011-02-27 05:41, ekan wrote:
I have shopped with them for about 2 weeks ago and I got my stuff for a few days ago. It is authentic and has pretty good quality. The trick is very good. I bought quite a lot and I got everything. And you get good explanations on what you are buying. I think 52magic is very good.
[/quote]
What do you mean by "Authentic"?

Things like Masuda's props can be reproduced so close to its genuine version so sometimes people can't differentiate between the two. That's just an example tho.

Card gimmicks are easier to reproduce, such as Converter, Extractor, Blink Duplication, etc.

I don't expect that 100% of their items for sale are genuine, but finding a counterfeit won't be a surprise.
52 Magic sells knock off goods. We have had to deal with them for selling knock offs of our products. They even supply knock offs at wholesale prices (less than the published price on their website) to some magic shops and eBay sellers. We get complaints each month from people who have purchased what they thought was original Wizard FX branded product from 52 magic or on eBay.

We are members of the VERO program and constantly monitor eBay for fakes. We have them removed as soon as we spot them or a dis-satisfied buyer notifies us.

We have had many fake sellers closed down on eBay most of these in China, Hong Cong and Taiwan. However an alarming new trend is appearing on eBay, where to avoid immediate attention, these fake sellers are selling the knock off at just under RRP. Unsuspecting buyers think it must be original because of the price, only to find that they have been conned.

My advice is only buy from a reputable dealer do not pay by money order, cash or Western Union etc. If you pay by Paypal or credit card and you have been sold a fake, you can get your money back from the payment processor.

Rule of thumb, BUYER BEWARE.

Many reputable dealers sell on eBay. You can usually spot these from the mandatory contact information provided on their ME page on eBay.

We have amassed a large quantity of magic fakes and they are very poor quality even though they were sold using original ad copy, videos, images etc.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
Jim
Just what we need another magic seller and its copies to boot! leave well alone, I am sure we all have our prefered magic dealer so stick with them.Why go any where else just to save a few £/$ on crapp??
They are selling Chop for 1/2 price. Bargain!
I believe their Ultracinese is NOISY.
I bought from 52magic.com many times. I don't know if they sell products that they're not original, but the only thing I can say is that I always paid with bank swift, and the goods always arrived within a week. Do not worry, they are even more professional than many others sellers.
52magic.com is indeed China Magic, as shown on their web site. They are also obviously ripping off many other magician's products, and counterfeiting as well as they list products by their original names, i.e. "Anything Floats by Peter Loughran", and is surely is not a Peter Loughran original. They are also promoting floating tables via Losander's videos, which interestingly actually have disclaimers in them by Losander mentioning how the videos are "plagiarised" in order to sell "unauthorised" product.

But if you really want to laugh- check this product out: "Classic Magic Taking a Breast Pump"--
http://www.52magic.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=2116&productname=
Ebay is full of Chinese knock off magic products. Its a joke that it is so blatant!
Yosef -
thanks for the laugh. many of their descriptions are scarcely intelligible, but the breast pump must be the worst!
Discussed before
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=467929&forum=41
This shop has alll materials but don't expect high quality
the best thing you can buy from this site are dlites and all flash props they are even better from US magic shops !!
Cheap knock-offs!
I ordered from them and 50% off the stuff I ordered did not work
[quote]
On 2010-05-02 22:50, mpicard wrote:
I would stay away. For example, as they have ultracinese for sale @ $35. either knock off or they steal your money in my opinion.
[/quote]

The reason that their prices are so cheap is because they sell in bulk. They are wholesale.
So you have to buy 5 items together.

However, they have a HUGE selection, I love browsing it just to get an idea for new things that are out there.
I would be very wary ordering anything from China, it all tends to be bad copies and takes forever to arrive. I deal with a company in China, not magic related, and it takes on average at least a month to arrive.
I have here appearing canes in metal my cost per cane is 9.00 Its the best cane I had ever used! I had them all since I was a kid even the canes I paid 85.00 for at Tannes Magic in New York . It really depends hat you order they have some top quality effects at Great low prices also I am very happy with the service .
Best ,
Jeffrey
Okay very late sorry about the spelling .... I have THEIR appearing Canes Correction It depends on WHAT you order ZZZZZZZZ ... Goodnight
Have purchased from them several times no real problems there micro psychic works great shipping is high but we pool our orders together I'm a happy customer
There is another site called 52 China Magic. Everything is a download but the average price is between 2 or 3 dollars.
I ordered a few stuff from 52chinamagic and I totally regret it not bec. I didn't get what I wanted, but rather bec. there all stolen from the man who wrote the book or made the video. these days when a mentalist or magician puts out a video they loose a lot of money from these sites. if we want there to be more great ideas from more great ppl. we cant buy all the fake copies for cheep they deserve better then that. and we shouldn't be so selfish and we should think about whats right. I hope you just like me make up never to buy some thing that the person who created didn't let the seller sell.