(Close Window)
Topic: Hazari Magic and Illusion
Does anyone know anything about Hazari Magic and Illusion? They have a Mini Cube Zig Zag with swords that I thought looked interesting. It's different than the mini-cube made by Smokey Mountain Magic, and although I've seen three companies that make variations of this model (Dominik Magic, Tora Magic and now Hazari), I've never run across a builder in the U.S.A. or Canada that makes them.

I was thinking of having one specially made, but first was curious if anyone had any experience with this company:

link:
http://www.hazarimagicandillusion.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=91&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53
Its rip-offs all the way...they have an Origami, named "Fantasm Square Foot Box".

So stay away.
Yes, I realize that, but for this particular illusion I have yet to find an original builder. The only three I can find are by the builders cited above, all of which have been tagged as rip-off builders. If I could figure out who they are ripping off with this one, I'd be happy to go to the source.
You could contact by mail with a photo any well known and professional illusion builder. They can probably tell you what's the original illusion called, where to purchase it in the ethic way or maybe even build it for you if they have the authorisation from the inventor.
The first 3 builders that come to mind are :

Bill Smith Magic Ventures
Willy Kennedy Illusions
Wellington Enterprises

I think they would be glad to help you.
Of course ther're a lot more professional illusion builders out there that could be listed.
Good luck !

Oliver.
Thanks, Oliver.

- Scott
A quick look at their site shows an abundant number of ripoffs and cheap copies of things. Some of the photos might not even be theirs. The mini cub zag looks like the photo from the original Doug Tilford site.

I would run far from this one.

Richard
The version that Tilford used to sell (at least, back in the summer of 2008, during his going out of business sale), was made by Dominik in Italy (link http://www.dominikmagic.com/English/paypal/item042/item042.htm ). Almost bought one from Tilford, but it was quite heavy and didn't break down for travel, so I decided to keep looking around.

This illusion appears to be a hybrid of a few different illusions currently on the market. I really like the overall effect, and would like to get one that uses this design. I'll touch base with those builders cited above to see if anyone knows the origin of this variation.
Domink has apparently bought the domain name for Tilford.

Richard