(Close Window)
Topic: Greetings from Holland
Hi there, magical friends!

My name is Frank Verkerk (but you can call me Dutchie or something like that). I'm 46 years of age and from the Netherlands. Besides being a magician, I'm an actor (theatre) and voice-actor (cartoons). I hope to join in any interesting discussion/conversation. I would like to apologise in advance, for any mistake I make in the language, since English is not my native speech. I hope you will forgive me for that and I hope I will be able to express myself well enough to be understood in this beautiful place!

Talk to you soon!

Regards,

(Dutch) Frank
Welcome to the Café. Enjoy all that you find here-a wealth of information to fit all forms of magic.
Best Wishes
WK
Hi there Dutch.
Welcome to the Café.
Bob.
Hoi Frank

welcome!

where are you from?
Hi!

I'm from Mijdrecht (near Vinkeveen, Ut.).

This information is for Servaas,as he is Dutch as well....
Welcome 'DutchFrank'!

Enjoy your stay here at TheMagicCafe!

Jv
Do you perform?
I’m not a professional performing magician.
Long time ago, I used to perform for children (birthday-parties and such).
Due to other obligations I had to stop performing magic. Years later I wanted to pick the magic back up, and I noticed that my hands started to shake as soon as I picked up a deck of cards, for instance. Everything I tried magic-wise caused nervous, trembling hands (even showing a trick to my own wife and kids).

I already was in contact with a few professional magicians, and they advised me to join a Magic Society (call it “therapeutic”).
So, now I am a member of the “Noordhollandse Bond voor Goochelaars (NBG)”, one of the official Magic Societies in Holland. And you know what? The shaking gets less! I’m feeling more secure now.

I don’t know, whether or not I will ever be performing again, but in the meantime it’s a great hobby, and who knows…. maybe one day, I will be back on stage doing magic.

And you, Servaas? Are you a performing pro?
Actually tonight I have my first proffesional performance, I hope I can get more in the future.

ive started magic this summer, I have been totally hooked ever since. I'm a member of the "Magische Kring Twente"
Welkom in de Magic Café Dutch! Ik hoop dat you geniet van uw tijd hier. Ik ben Joe uit de US (Oklahoma City)
Dank je wel, Joe.

Wat goed dat je Nederlands oefent!!
Greetings,,,
I am fortunate to have traveled to your country over the years at least 30 times based on my work for my company. We have locations in Leiden, Hazesuade and Alphen. I perform for my pleasure. My friends in Holland have asked me to perform many times during dinner and at bars. It is a nice place to perform closeup. Practice, Practice, Practice builds confidnece. No one is perfect but if you have a old backup trick that you positivly know works you can follow up and regain confidence.
Regards
Leinad