(Close Window)
Topic: Hat Coils - Bulk Source?
I've been using mouth coils for a torn and restored routine in a hat but would prefer to use hat coils which are obviously more visible and dramatic. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this in bulk? Or, are these cost prohibitive and I'm better off sticking with mouth coils?

Thanks!
Dan.
The last time I purchased some was from Abbott's (a long time ago). I thought they were pretty expensive then for what the were. You might see if Greg would let you buy in bulk. Just a thought.

Bob
Klamm has them at $2.50. That seems to be the best price around so far.

Thanks,
Dan.
While not nearly as long as traditional Hat Coils I have found using 1.25 inch Adding Machine Paper to be a great substitute. You might try Staple, etc as a source. They come paced in 100's in case lots for about 30 to 35 bucks per case.
You will get a mountain of paper per each when used as a hat load. Gey yourself one or two and see what I mean first... if it works for you go fot the case lots. I've been more that satisfied in my uses.
OPPPPPPPS
MY BAD
That last line should have read.....
Get yourself one or two and see what I mean first... if it works for you go fot the case lots. I've been more that satisfied in my uses.

There ya go!
Kurt,

Great suggestion ... I'll give it a try over the weekend.

Thanks!!
Dan.