(Close Window)
Topic: Soldiers Buried in Peace
The Westboro Baptist Church will be busying themselves for a while protesting at Lady Gaga concerts.

Old Fred's daughter in the spirit of Christian charity referred to Lady Gaga as a 'proud w***e'.
Fred is one guy I would run over with a truck
Message: Posted by: Christopher Rinaldi (Jan 26, 2010 08:14PM)
What is this thread about...I love lady gaga!
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Jan 26, 2010 08:41PM)
You're supposed to love your neighbor. That's why it's real important to keep the strange ones far away.
"What is this thread about...I love lady gaga! "

Christopher, I actually enjoy Lady Gaga's threatrical presentations myself. And don't worry - her ticket sales are only in danger of increasing in the face of protests from that mob.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Rinaldi (Jan 27, 2010 08:01AM)
Lol, I walk around the house singing poker face, my 13 yr. old daughter thinks it's funny that an old guy like me enjoys lady gaga.

She reminds me of David Bowie.
Did you watch Elton John sing a duet with her on the Grammy Show? He loves her music. I'm an old guy too, grew up on Sonny & Cher and the Beach Boys. Gaga is the new Cher. Read her bio, she ain't no fool.
She went to school with paris hilton.

as soon as she and elton came out, I left the room
Again, fred should have all his hairs pulled out-one by one
I think lady gaga is cute.

Back in the 1950's the nuns told me that I would go to hell, because I liked Elvis. Imagine telling a ten year old boy that he was doomed to the fires of hell because he liked a different kind of music than you did. This is why I'm a 64 year old man who is still afraid of all nuns.

PS I think father Photius is very cool
But Al, I hate to break it to you...but you *ARE* going to hell because of Elvis.
No no no
I'm sure I've done worse things in my life than listening to the King. 55 years later I'm still a music freak.
Westboro got outmaneuvered:

http://laughingsquid.com/san-franciscos-answer-to-westboro-baptist-church/

:)
Hilarious!
When I was in the bay area I would show up with signs that made no sense and no one in the protest really noticed. It started with me because of an anti choice protest blocked my car and made me mad, so I tortured 'em.
Does this church not like Lady gaga? If not then why?
I wish I had known they where in the city! I would have been there in a heartbeat.
They don't like Lady Gaga because she is gay friendly and apparently a, quote, "proud wh***" though I don't know where she gets the time and why she'd need the extra cash.

Actually looking at their signs I see they hate, or perhaps more accurately, they think God hates, quite a few people these days. I was a bit astonished by the God Hates Jews sign - Australia doesn't have as prominent a Jewish community as the US and I don't think most of us are as race defined here as there but I'm pretty sure you would get run off the street carrying a sign here that proclaimed God hated any particular race or nationality (except for Tasmanians).

I was perturbed by the God Hates Flags sign in the rival protest - I just ordered a custom silk flag and staff from Richard Hughes so now there's another reason to consign me to the flames of Hell and eternal torment.
What she's gay!

Now I like her even more.
I REALLY don't understand the hate people feel toward race or sexual orientation. It's amazing how you can take a physical attribute and assign such vitriol and have such utter hatred you'd condemn them to hell. My God (and yes, I'm Christian!) wouldn't punish someone to eternal ***ation for their sexual preference and if he would I wouldn't be a fan.
Fred's that nice guy who came to Parliament Hill in Ottawa to burn a Canadian flag a few years back. Seems he didn't like the fact that Canadian civil servants could have full benefits for same-sex partners. So the "Rev" Phelps decided that it was time to get some publicity by burning the "fag flag". I suspect he was disappointed that his flag burning didn't attract mobs of protesters. All he got was a representative of the Ottawa fire department who gave him helpful tips to keep him from burning himself during his protest.

But they do keep bouncing in and out of the funny pages, don't they?

John
What a moron. I'm glad no one paid him any notice. That was his real goal. Those like him will surely be judged as they themselves judge.
Only marginally about Lady Gaga, here's a parody of "Poker Face" for fans of Yu-Ki-Oh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HM9tyNkUAg&feature=related
Even if you don't like Michael moore, you will like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_fAYl4Th4

and a frats take on a protest: (One of the funniest things I have seen on youtube, ever)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZfZiBRFM5w

The monkey idiots were at Mathew Shepards funeral, and heath ledgers (not sure why on that one). I wish there was a way to involve child protective services. The kids wont recover from this.

I wonder if there will be a protest when Fred kicks the bucket?
I imagine Fred will be buried quietly, in a private ceremony, to prevent a flood of protesters with "God hates Fred Phelps" signs from showing up outside the cemetary.

I'm also going to predict that his church will not survive for too long after his passing.
[quote]
On 2010-02-05 15:08, EsnRedshirt wrote:
I'm also going to predict that his church will not survive for too long after his passing.
[/quote]

I'm sure there were others who thought similarly about the passing of L. Ron Hubbard.
I would think (hope) that people do not protest his funeral, just for that reason.

He is old right? I think I smell crispy bacon...

WATCH THE YOUTUBE FRAT HOUSE LINK!!!!!!!!
[img]http://homedir-b.libsyn.com/podcasts/a1c1fc1e6045e5fe40b7ebc6e401e5b8/4b6caa48/disinfo/images/ladygagahandoffatimamannequin.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.illuminati-news.com/graphics/baphomet(1).bmp[/img]

[b]COINCIDENCE?[/b]
[url=http://disinfo.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=518484&comments=on]Disinfo.com podacst: Lady Gaga as "Illuminati pawn"[/url]
[quote]
On 2010-02-05 16:23, Steve_Mollett wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

I'm sure there were others who thought similarly about the passing of L. Ron Hubbard.
[/quote]There are rumors that Elron's passing was assisted by a somewhat overzealous senior commander of his flock. Besides, Westborough Baptist and Scientology aren't on the same end of the crazy scale. They're not even on the same scale.
I thought Hubbard wasn't even dead.
He's just sleeping very soundly. Tom Cruise and John Travolta take turns keeping him in their closets.
That's what I thought.

And I had never heard of this Fred Phelps guy. If he only has a congregation of 70 or so, how does anyone even know who he is? And who cares?

Hell, you can find 70 people to be against anything, and rabidly so.

On a side note, I've always thought I'd like to start my own cult. It would be sex based in some way.

I'd try to get Lady Gaga to be one of the first to join.

(I'm humming "Poker Pace" while typing this.)
[quote]
On 2010-02-05 09:20, MAKMagic wrote:
I REALLY don't understand the hate people feel toward race or sexual orientation. It's amazing how you can take a physical attribute and assign such vitriol and have such utter hatred you'd condemn them to hell. My God (and yes, I'm Christian!) wouldn't punish someone to eternal ***ation for their sexual preference and if he would I wouldn't be a fan.
[/quote]

I agree with your sentiment. But although God might not punish them to eternal ***ation, he has no problem with putting them to death:

Leviticus 20:13 (New International Version)

13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Ron
RS
How about "judge not least ye shall be judged thy self". I have no idea who lady gaga sleeps with, and it is none of mine, or your business.
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 10:58, Al Angello wrote:
RS
How about "judge not least ye shall be judged thy self". I have no idea who lady gaga sleeps with, and it is none of mine, or your business.
[/quote]

Al,

I agree that it's nobody's business. I just don't think one should be put to death for who they sleep with, as the bible clearly commands.

Ron
RS-he probably has no issue with putting non believers to death, but I aint trippin

I really think everyone should watch the frathouse link!!!
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 09:55, R.S. wrote:
[quote]

I agree with your sentiment. But although God might not punish them to eternal ***ation, he has no problem with putting them to death:

13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Ron
[/quote]

Leviticus tells us not to eat rare meat and to get a rabbi to examine mold in our houses to decide if we can stay there. (Among other rules) I doubt if anyone is being put to death over those infractions.
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 02:21, EsnRedshirt wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]There are rumors that Elron's passing was assisted by a somewhat overzealous senior commander of his flock. Besides, Westborough Baptist and Scientology aren't on the same end of the crazy scale. They're not even on the same scale.
[/quote]
Never underestimate the power of fanatical stupidity.
Ok, at this point, who has watched the frat house link? Jeff, Steve, I think you guys would get a kick out of it.
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 12:45, ed rhodes wrote:
[quote]
[quote]

Ron
[/quote]

Leviticus tells us not to eat rare meat and to get a rabbi to examine mold in our houses to decide if we can stay there. (Among other rules) I doubt if anyone is being put to death over those infractions.
[/quote]

Not sure what point you're trying to make, Ed. The bible quote in my post specifically calls for THE DEATH PENALTY for homosexuals. That is insane. And anybody who thinks that that is a good rule (that homosexuals should be put to death for no reason other than for their sexual preference) is clearly phobic, immoral, and perhaps unbalanced. And any "God" that would command such a thing is not worthy of worship.

Ron
[quote]
On 2010-02-04 15:33, Al Angello wrote:
I think lady gaga is cute.

Back in the 1950's the nuns told me that I would go to hell, because I liked Elvis. Imagine telling a ten year old boy that he was doomed to the fires of hell because he liked a different kind of music than you did. This is why I'm a 64 year old man who is still afraid of all nuns.

PS I think father Photius is very cool
[/quote]

Careful Al....don't go ga-ga over Gaga just yet. It has been rumored that she....uh...it may be a man.

If you google it there should be plenty of links for details and debate! :)

Regan
Regan
That would explain her fondness for women. HMMMMMMM

Lady Gaga sure looks like a woman to me.
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 16:14, Al Angello wrote:
Regan
That would explain her fondness for women. HMMMMMMM

Lady gaga sure looks like a woman to me.
[/quote]

I'm not sure. All I know is that my daughter told me that there were rumors. Aparently there are a lot of them!
They don't play her music on the radio station that I listen to, so I'm not familiar with her music, but as I said before I think she's cute.
She is a woman. She was on some MTV show awoke back, before she was lady gaga. Woman, no question.

There were rumors that Marilyn Manson was the Kid from the wonder years and johhny depp was killed. Rumors.
She's an Italian gal from NYC.
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 19:58, kcg5 wrote:
She is a woman. She was on some MTV show awoke back, before she was lady gaga. Woman, no question.
[/quote]
[url]http://www.redbalcony.com/?vid=25666[/url]

[url]http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/51337/Lady-Gaga-Lost-Temper-On-TV-Prank-Show-Before-She-Was-Famous-Pictures[/url]
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 15:44, R.S. wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 12:45, ed rhodes wrote:
[quote]
[quote]

Ron
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure what point you're trying to make, Ed. The bible quote in my post specifically calls for THE DEATH PENALTY for homosexuals. That is insane. And anybody who thinks that that is a good rule (that homosexuals should be put to death for no reason other than for their sexual preference) is clearly phobic, immoral, and perhaps unbalanced. And any "God" that would command such a thing is not worthy of worship.

Ron
[/quote]

I agree with you that it is insane. My point was that Leviticus gives us a lot of rules that we as a society seem to ignore willfully, why does everyone harp on this one? (My theory is that it got added later, it doesn't seem to fit the pattern displayed by the rest of the book. But don't hold me to it, I'm not a scholar.)
Regan
I just saw one of her videos, and she sure looks like a skinny little girl to me.
[quote]
On 2010-02-07 09:14, Al Angello wrote:
Regan
I just saw one of her videos, and she sure looks like a skinny little girl to me.
[/quote]

Al, I'm not saying either way. You may be right, I don't know. I was just giving you a friendly warning because of what I had heard. LOL

I believe I mentioned that it was "rumored" that she may be a he. I really have no idea and I personally don't care one way or the other. I'm not wanting to put her....him...it....down.....so I'll just leave it at that! :)
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 02:21, EsnRedshirt wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]There are rumors that Elron's passing was assisted by a somewhat overzealous senior commander of his flock.//
[/quote]

I've heard that rumor too. Hey, man, when you surround yourself with sharks, how can it come as any surprise if you get bit?
Regan
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think she's a girl.
I'm going say that I don't care
[quote]
On 2010-02-07 00:11, balducci wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 19:58, kcg5 wrote:
[/quote]
[url]http://www.redbalcony.com/?vid=25666[/url]

[url]http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/51337/Lady-Gaga-Lost-Temper-On-TV-Prank-Show-Before-She-Was-Famous-Pictures[/url]
[/quote]
Okay, I guess I live in a box or something because I just heard tonight the actual deal about this Lady Gaga story.

It's not that she is not a woman exactly but, rather, that she is rumoured to be intersex (or a hermaphrodite).

Here's a fairly serious article about the subject of intersex and Lady Gaga:

[url]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/style/lady-gaga-and-the-hermaphrodite-controversy-is-she-or-isnt-she/article1482773/[/url]

Oh, and here she is in a BBC interview addressing this in part:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxHTtNWdAns[/url]
The same rumor has been going around about Jamie Lee Curtis for years.

Is it true? Who knows? And more importantly, who cares? People are who they are- why should we pass judgment on anyone because of how they were when they were born? It's not like they can help it any which way.
In Lady Gaga's case we should surely suspect clever manipulation of a silly sensationalist media for free publicity that has made her almost a household name and hugely increased her income.
What's funny is the idea that we should be "warned". If I find a woman is hot, but she's secretly a man, does that make me secretly gay even though I don't know the secret?

Now, what if she really is woman pretending to be a man who is pretending to be a woman who secretly is a man? Would that mean that if I find her attractive I am secretly a heterosexual in spite of the fact that I am openly pretending to be one?

And what if I say something like, "I find Johnny Depp to be a very attractive man." What does that make me, since I'm a heterosexual pretending to be a heterosexual?

I think I now understand the warning. It's a way of avoiding severe confusion about my pretended sexuality, because my pretended sexuality happens to be my actual sexuality, and there is a frightful tension going on within me.

I'm not sure what this has to do with Johnny Depp. But he is a very good looking man, I think.
Possibly Johnny Depp is a woman.