(Close Window)
Topic: Jeapordy
I recently learned how to perform 'Jeapordy'.

I prefer to call it 'Photographic Memory' when performing it because I like to 'riffle' through the deck and feign to the audience that I have the ability to 'see' and 'count' each color and suit in the deck through one quick riffle of each side.
It seems to blow thier minds whenever I perform it. :)
My biggest problem however is that almost every time, someone asks me to do it again.
I would very much like to be able to repeat it (with a different count, and I am fairly certain that there must be a way to perform it again with a diffeent count to seemingly 'prove' my 'abilities', but I have not yet figured out a quick re-set for this illusion yet.
So my usual response is "Sorry folks, Once is an illusion, twice is a free lesson." Then I will move on into another card trick.

Any advice??
Sounds like you've got it figured out. I'd just move on and blow their mind with something else. It's all for fun anyway.

Mark.
[quote]
On 2010-01-28 14:11, mrunge wrote:
Sounds like you've got it figured out. I'd just move on and blow their mind with something else. It's all for fun anyway.

Mark.
[/quote]

Yeah you are right, it is fun!
But I think that I figured out how to repeat the same trick again with a different count. It should work if I can improve upon the patter and the misdirection.
Great...let us know how it works out for you.

Mark.
Okay, I think this is the solution;

1) Perform the trick -w- an original count of 9 clubs/1 spade/7 diamonds/8 hearts and a face down card count of 25.

2) Quickly reset the cards by re-shuffling each half followed -w- a false cut (remembering the new divider card whatever it may be), re-seperating the two halves and then re-shuffling to the 'other' side, and have a new set count of; 5 hearts/6 diamonds/12 spades/4 clubs and 27 face down cards.

The only problem now for me is memorizing the new count in my head while performing it live on the fly. (Unless maybe I have the second count as the written prediction on paper.) Hmmmmm, That just may work out good.

I don't think that the average person would ever even notice the card count / set-up if the trick is done twice. What say you?

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.
It seems to me you could do the same effect with the "other half" with no extra setup, if you get my meaning. However, there is no way it will be as impressive as the first time in my opinion. I would recommend against it. YMMV
[quote]
On 2010-01-29 14:53, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
It seems to me you could do the same effect with the "other half" with no extra setup, if you get my meaning. However, there is no way it will be as impressive as the first time in my opinion. I would recommend against it. YMMV
[/quote]

You are probably right about that.
Is 'jeopardy' the same, or similar, to shuffleboard? Excuse my ignorance.
Hey Cap,

Jeopardy is Paul Green's take on Shuffle-bored by Simon Aronson. It is very similar to Aldo Colombini's Pre-Deack-Ability, but with a totally different presentation. Both Paul's and Aldo's routine expand upon the original Shuffle-bored.
Look at Aronson's Point Spread in Simply Simon. It's a multi-phase routine that ends with shuffleboard. You will have proved to them three times that you can make the correct prediction, each one different.