(Close Window)
Topic: HOPPING HALFS
I have the Hopping Halfs what other tricks could you do with these coins?
Utilizing all of the set in the routine, or just some?
Whole DVDs have been created addressing what you can do with just one item from the set - such as the coins across you posted about elsewhere.

Several fairly clean and simple effects can be found in Chapter 12 of Bobo's Modern Coin magic.
It might be quicker to list what can't be done with the set. It is so versatile. Limited only by your imagination.
A true bargain and 1 of the best sets to purchase.You get a lot of bang for the small investment.
Yea You can do TONS of stuff with just the shell Alone! I just Happen to know someone who has A Lot of work on it!!! :)
Would that person be the famous David Neighbors by any chance? David has wonderful work with just about every coin concept that's out there. The man is a veritable coin magic encyclopedia. If you haven't checked out his stuff, run--do not walk--right now to http://www.coinjurer.com !
Which DVD should I look for if I'm also looking for stuff on shells?
Thanks So much for the kind words Scott, :) I just happen to have some shell work
on my DVD The Coinjurer! P.M. for more Info!
There's an imaginative version of hopping halves in the book Scripting Magic by Pete McCabe, p. 375. Adds a little humor and a touch of meaning to the cavorting coins.
If it's cut down add an Okito box and you'll come up with lots of stuff. Jim Zee slot box will take an expanded shell I believe but only the slot box.
Try to start thinking about not using your pockets:
You can have a purse, a purse frame (Mike Gallo, Pat Page...), a pill box (Okito and sons), a hat or cap (John Ramsay, Tony Slydini), your jacket's elbow (David Williamson or Tony Slydini again), a spectator's watch (Gregory Wilson), a spectator's shoulder (Apollo Robins), a friend's pocket (for a regular coin: Eddie Joseph), a girlfriend's purse (for a sterling silver coin planted there a little before)...
Keep thinking impossible teleportation, transformations....
Keep thinking using an additional copper coin and/or replacing some elements with smaller copper coins (new Spellbound concepts)
What about Nate Leipzig plot of coins in a rolled dollar bill through spectator's hand (Dai Vernon pet close up effect)
What about...
... you being on now