(Close Window)
Topic: IForce - To Flip or not to flip?
I'll keep it brief. It's another "What is your favourite..." thread.

What's your preference for revealing Greg's amazing iForce? Flip? Swipe? or Flip AND swipe?

What a great invention!
IMHO I like to just swipe, I don't know why but I can never get a good hang of the flipping speed .
I generally swipe. I've found flipping about 90-95% reliable, but that's just not enough when the whole effect has built to that prediction and you have no out.
Really? So far, I haven't had a problem with flipping accuracy. I just can't seem to decide what's best. Hence the question to see what other performer are up to. Am now experimenting with flip with swipe.
I had a problem with the flip at first. I then got myself a flip case for it. It is very easy to hold onto now.
I like the swipe too. for me it's the easiest for me as I have been having a little of trouble with the flip methods. still all 3 are great methods.
I think the most deceptive is the Flip-n-Swipe.

But my favorite reveal is Flip . . . it's just so simple and direct.

Here are a few tips for those of you who are having troubles hitting the flip method 100% of the time.

Place the iPhone on the table at a 45 degree angle. This makes it easier for you to pick it up when the time comes.

Remember that iForce decides what to display in the first 25-30 degrees.

If you're doing a slow flip, you can exagerate the slow in the first 45 degrees of flipping . . . after 45 degrees iForce has already decided, hence you can go ANY speed you want.

When we first started I sometimes would have problems with the fast flip. Here's the solution for the fast flip . . . pull UP on the edge of the iPhone fast, this forces iForce to see a "Fast" flip. Then slow down your turn so that you don't damage your iphone on a hard surface.

And finally here's a BIG tip. If you have only one drawing in one of the direction presets, iForce doesn't care if you flip fast or slow . . . it's going to show you only that drawing. If you perform the "1 to 4 (easy)" Preset, you'll notice that no matter how fast or how slow you flip over the iPhone you're going to get exactly what you wanted.

I hope this makes some of you that might be a bit squeamish about Flip, more confident.

All the best to you,
Greg Rostami

P.S. If you haven't done so already, could you please give iForce your honest rating . . .lately I've been getting an ENDLESS amount of one star reviews that ALL say, "iForce is awesome but gotta rate it low to keep the secret!"

Please help me guys, iForce so far has been pirated over 800,000 times and these negative reviews are really hurting me.

Your honest rating will really help me with my future apps.
Hope people take this ratings a bit more serious from now on, I just rated it Greg. 5/5 of course:)
What I love about both the swipe and flip methods is the fact you exit completly out of the program. It's so deceptive. I have to agree with Greg that the f&s is the most deceptive method.
I think that the anwser depends on these
3 questions.

1. Do you preform standing up or sitting
down?

If you preform standing up you can't use
the flip or flip and swipe witch leaves you
with swipe. If you preform sitting down than
read the next question.

2.Do you want to reveal it right away?

If you do than use flip if not read the next
question.

3. Do you want audiance parcipatation?

If so use flip and swipe if not use swipe.
I use the following pattern while performing iForce. I perform it three times in the following sequence:

1st prediction 1-4 "Flip" (this is fail safe as the speed of the flip is not a factor with a 1-4 prediction)
2nd prediction 1-8 "Swipe" (again this is fail safe since it is a swipe)
3rd prediction ESP symbols "Flip/Swipe" (this is fail safe with the exception that if someone picks the circle then you could have issues with the flip. I subtly pretend to force the circle by winking or saying the word "circle" with emphasis when I name the various ESP symbols they could choose from so that they almost feel like I am trying to get them to choose the circle and thus they hardly ever do.)

http://www.LifeIsMagical.com
The Android version does not even have a swipe option.
Please confirm swipe options in Android
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Jul 8, 2014 01:45PM)
No swipe option in Android because you need a fake spring board and to do that you need a screenshot. No screenshot on most android phones without rooting your phone.

The thing you can do with android though is hit your home button and still have iForce run in the background. No fake screen required. Yes the swipe features are cool but not necessary.