(Close Window)
Topic: Uses for Monte Cristo and Hofzinser decks
I've read that the Monte Cristo deck is very versetile, but don't find a lot of tricks specified. Can anyone list some of the routines that this deck can be used for? I'm auctioning several decks on EBay and buyers are looking for more info than I have.

The other question is about the Hofzinser magic card set. Neil had a new set, still shrink wrapped and stashed with his prize cards that he'd collected. Is this a particularly sought after item, or seriously collectible? It's by Piatnik and contains 3 decks. I found number of routines that they can be used for, but not much on the availability or desireability of this set.
Curtis,

why do you sell on eBay?
I have tried to contact you, but you didn't reply.

Bernd
Sorry, BerndBetween my 2 jobs and remodeling the house... I've put all the estate stuff on hold until just the past few days. There is just so many cards in this house that I've really not wanted to deal with it. As a byproduct of waiting I have had time to try and learn a bit about all of the stage magic, gaffs, magic books and collectibles he has... and I haven't even scratched the surface.

Dealing with it all is a career and not something I'm qualified to do, but I must. His friends in the magic community have been tremendously helpful to a point, but they can't really o everything that must be done here.

Most just take in the size of the task before me and jut feel grateful that it's not them. Some are as overwhelmed as I am. It would take forever just to inventory everything. Every time I look at a spot I've looked at a dozen times, I'll move something and find things I hadn't seen before. It's quite the mess.

As for Ebay... I have no access to the forums marketplace and no time or access to the Castles swapmeet... so what am I to do? I know EBay has a decent magic following and if I let the group know what I have there... I may be able to get rid of some of the more collectible items any way, but I'm always open to ideas.
.. you could have asked me, before using eBay ;-)
Hi Curtis,

I bought a Monte Cristo deck from your dad a few years ago specifically to do a stage/parlour routine of David Regal's called "The Very Last Card" (I think that's it's name). It was on the fourth DVD of his Premise, Power and Participation set from L&L publishing.

Regards,

Martin.
If anybody needs a Monte Christo Deck: I produce it in any value on demand. I also produced several Hofzinser Decks in Bicycle and Haicicle quality for Juan Tamariz, so this can also be ordered from me. Just send me a PM.

The Monte Christo Deck is very strong, I myself use parts of it for a stage show effect that I came up with together with Trevor Lewis and will release it hopefully this year.
What is the Hofzinser deck card shark?
Hofzinser Deck = regular faces on one side, on the back diagonally half split court cards, eg King of Spades, Jack of Hearts
Curtis,

Do you have an ebay store set up - or is it one off sales ?

I am sure that members of the Café would be keen to see what you are selling - (I also don't have access to the marketplace yet).
Series 3 of my Monte Cristo Deck is in stock now!
How many decks do you have? Just curiosity.
.... enough!