(Close Window)
Topic: Coin in hand changes question.
Are there any coin tricks out there where you put a coin in a person's hand and it
changes to another coin? If you put a half dollar in someone's hand and it
changes to a Chinese coin?

I saw Tommy Wonder do this.
Message: Posted by: narcoleptic_insomniac (Feb 6, 2010 11:06PM)
I don't think this thread belongs in the [i]Trick Coin Trickery[/i] forum...

To answer your question, though, yes -- there are many, [i]many[/i] ways to accomplish this effect. Moreover, the transposition need not be to another coin. Although there might be gaffs out there to accomplish this, all of the methods I've seen are purely slight of hand. For such a simple effect, a gimmick would probably be a waste of time and money.

I've noticed you've been posting a lot requesting basic coin magic info (vanishes, transpositions, etc). I would strongly suggest doing some research and picking up a copy of Bobo's [i]Modern Coin Magic[/i]... if you already own a copy, then I would suggest studying the Bobo switch and utility switches in general.
That's exactly what I was going to suggest. The Bobo switch can accomplish this. And actually, I use this all of the time with kids, but I use the Crimp Change. I agree with narcoleptic_insomniac.
I have the Bobo coin book.
[quote]
On 2010-02-07 09:36, paul007007 wrote:
[/quote]

Then you have most answers. Its just a matter of practice,patter and solid routining. Most of what I see all have a base off of Bobo books and then a tweak or handling variation.
If you can swing it try Modern Coin magic on DVD. Excellent.Also will answer many of your questions.
[quote]
On 2010-02-07 10:58, AnthonyJD wrote:
If you can swing it try Modern Coin magic on DVD. Excellent.Also will answer many of your questions.
[/quote]
There's more than one DVD featuring material from Modern Coin Magic (aka 'Bobo').
Are you referring to the four DVD set from Magic Makers?
Yes I have the 4 dvd set purchased it on sale from Ben Salinas
For a specifically gaffed handling, you could always do Lethal Tender in your spectator's hand.
Scotch and soda types of tricks ( gaffed And ungaffed ).
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 19:47, paul007007 wrote:
Are there any coin tricks out there where you put a coin in a person's hand and it

[/quote]

One of the tricks in Scot's Discoverie of Witchcraft - dates back to the 1500s in print.
Message: Posted by: narcoleptic_insomniac (Feb 7, 2010 03:10PM)
[quote]
On 2010-02-07 10:57, Rizzo wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-02-07 09:36, paul007007 wrote:
[/quote]

Then you have most answers. Its just a matter of practice,patter and solid routining.
[/quote]

To the OP: Exactly... and keep in mind, you do not need a full scripted routine to perform an effect -- invent your own. Necessity is the mother of all invention, or so they say. If you can perform a solid utility switch, then you can accomplish this illusion; 10% of it is slight of hand, the remaining 90% is all timing, showmanship and patter.
Chinatown half for Half to Chinese. Even better if you use a flesh colored insert.
For Copper to Silver you can always use a copper/silver gaff.

TC
Check out [i]John Scarne[/i]'s [b][i]Copper and Silver Trick[/i][/b] in [b]Stars of Magic[/b].
Message: Posted by: Michael Rubinstein (Feb 9, 2010 02:27AM)
Look at the copper silver DVD set (vol. 2,3, and 4) in the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD series. Also, in vol 1 (coins across), there are several ways to get a coin into the specator's hand. The process can be applied to any coin trick where you need to put something into a spectator's hand.
[quote]
On 2010-02-07 13:35, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-02-06 19:47, paul007007 wrote:

[/quote]

One of the tricks in Scot's Discoverie of Witchcraft - dates back to the 1500s in print.
[/quote]

Just received my copy of Discoverie of Witchcraft. Looks like an interesting read!

Jim