(Close Window)
Topic: Please give opinions on Jay Sankey's "Absolute Coin Vanish"
Hi Guys

Another quick coin questions for you.

Has anyone ordered Jay Sankey's [b]Absolute Coin Vanish[/b] download. If so what are your thoughts on this? Is it good etc. It looks similar to a vanish Bobos' MCM books, However, it looks very clean and the coin can be signed, suggesting it is a different Vanish all together.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this one. A clip can be found here. http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48174

Many thanks.
I like it...I feel it something I can work into what I do now. It is different from bobo...
Nice!, Now that's my kind of magic from a really creative guy in Sankey...Man's a genius! :)

It doesn't seem too much of a challenge...You should get it, seems like fun as most of Sankey's stuff always is. :)
Jay Sankey is probably the most creative coin man out there. He doesn't do just coins... but he's extremely creative. If you can think outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, and like doing tricks in front of people all the time, you'll love his stuff.
I would have tos ee more than that quick clip his hand goes out of frame
vinnyh
Thanks fort your feedback guys, it's most appreciated. I've just purchased it and am waiting for it finish downloading. I'll let you know my opinion once I've watched it and practised it for a while.

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 5:25pm
Hi Guys

I've just finished watching and I have to say this is really good. (Mr Sankeys back on form definitely)It is obvious it has been influenced by a move in Bobo's but has been been taken up a few gears opening up lots of possibilities. Just add a bit of your imagination and your good to go.

I would say that this 100% worth $4.99. The video is about 12 mins long and there is a bit About 2 mins long when you think on no, but is is so important that you watch beyond this point, as that is when the creative part of the vanish and some of it's possibilities come to light.
Message: Posted by: Strange Tasting Fish Sticks (Feb 15, 2010 04:58PM)
Sankey's downloads all have great value! I downloaded a trick called "immaculate deception" a ring thru can effect. it's great! And cheap, unfortunately though after I my computer crashed I lost the video/data.
[quote]
On 2010-02-15 17:25, truesoldier wrote:
Hi Guys

I've just finished watching and I have to say this is really good. (Mr Sankeys back on form definitely)It is obvious it has been influenced by a move in Bobo's but has been been taken up a few gears opening up lots of possibilities. Just add a bit of your imagination and your good to go.

[/quote]

Can you use a half dollar size coin? JSankey is using a small coin in the promotion video clip.
Yep you can use any coin from anywhere in the world
Unfortunately, the video is a lie. Other than that, is a poor performance of a move from Bobo's. Note the hesitation or "bump".

By "lie", I mean they have not let you see the full performance and have left stuff out.
Kirk, that's not really correct. The video only leaves out one thing which, IMHO, is not that important. What he shows you, very clearly, is the vanish, which is the important part.

This is a very clever application of a few different principles strung together. One aspect totally fooled me which is why I bought the download. I thought it was quite good!
I downloaded it and as far as I can see he does not show you how the signed coin gets underneath the ashtray.
His hands come nowhere near the ashtray.
If so will someone PM me and tell me what I missed.

Thank you,
magiclee
Did you watch it all the way through? He comes back after you think it's over to show the signed coin thing.
[quote]
On 2010-02-16 15:29, Cameron Francis wrote:
Kirk, that's not really correct. The video only leaves out one thing which, IMHO, is not that important. What he shows you, very clearly, is the vanish, which is the important part.

This is a very clever application of a few different principles strung together. One aspect totally fooled me which is why I bought the download. I thought it was quite good!
[/quote]

Well put Cameron, that's what I was trying to get across in my earlier post. LOL, lets not force anyone to buy this, in-fact lets not hype it up, even to those who have bought it but haven't watched it properly.

I think we both agree that this is a very clever take of various applications based on a move in Bobo's, The concept really gets your creative juices flowing, so the less people doing it the better. (Besides I don't want the masked magician exposing this baby)
I watched it all the way through, and he did not go anywhere near the ashtray.
He explained how it could be done, but he did not pick up the ashtray or go near it in the demo or the explanation.

magiclee
I have downloaded it and yes it is the same in respect to the handling in Bobo's book but Jay adds one element to it that makes it even better. Well worth the price and highly recommanded.

Magically

Aus
But he does explain how to load under objects. He uses a bill, but... I mean, it's the same thing. I didn't feel any further explanation was necessary.
Although late, I wanted to clarify/add to what I posted on another thread about Jays "absolute coin vanish"

- the vanish is as it appears (no cut-aways used in the demo of the vanish)

- As Cameron posted, Jay does explain how to load objects in various ways (but the demo doesn't show this part)

- some have mentioned that a similar vanish is in Bobo (I haven't found it, yet a page number would be appreciated)

- A similar vanish is also taught in Korem without Limits p5 (but Sankey's method is an improvement on this)

Since I don't think Jay is selling this on its own any more, I realize that this may all be academic.

John