(Close Window)
Topic: History of hypnosis since 1950s
Who has made the most significant contribution to our understanding and appliance of hypnosis since McGill?

Anthony
David Calof
Good call Bobser. The Calof recordings are now available as a digital download and something I thoroughly recommend to everyone I train.

Ant
John Cerbone
I was about to post Richard Nongard.
Please, if you have the time expand on your reasons for your nomination.

Anthony
Richard is one who has put things like "Speedtrance" with Cerbone in the hands of people who want it. He is making it so that finding the information, GOOD INFORMATION is not a hit or miss proposition.

Richard sells things from OTHER people as well as himself. He has a fantastic "Skits and Bits" DVD for those who want to expand the show a little. He works with many working hypnotists and gets the information out there. This is a great thing for hypnosis.

In short, he is contributing to the way in which GOOD INFORMATION is passed along, and not out to make a quick buck. This is why I would say he is moving hypnosis forward.

(I should confess I consider Richard a friend, but these are the facts.)
Thanks guys, & thank you for Richard for all we have done and shal;l do!
Much appreciated!!! VBG!
I consider Cerbone one of the most important influences, becasue he took his creative passion and taught it to the masses. He didn't say, "this is mine" and refuse to share it. He is an originator. His ideas like all great ideas came from within himself.
His contribution to the field of rapid induction will be remembered 50 and 100 years form now.
As today Elman is taught, tommorrow Cerbone will be taught.
AS for me, thank-you Danny. I try to provide good information at a reasonable price.
For me, my theory is that hypnosis is neither secret nor mystical, and showld be explored and taught. Fortuanly I have been able to convince many of the greats to share their wisdom.
I know there are those who think the opposite Richard, but I am 100% in agreement with you. I think it will do nothing but help the art form.
Didn't Criss Angel hypnotize people with a piece of paper? Bam! Best contribution to hypnosis right there!
I hope you are kidding!
This was indeed the claim he made. But then again he makes a lot of claims on that show.
Yes, I saw the show, but it still amazes how anyone would think or consider this as any type of contribution to the understanding or forward movement of hypnosis. Which is why I was asking if this for real. Lets remember Criss is a magician.
I keep trying to forget.
I think Jerry Valley has a real impact on creating and maintaining interest in stage hypnosis for the last 40 years.

I think showmen like Terry Stokes and Michael Johns performing nightly on the strip, in Terrys case, for decades, have contrinuted to interest in hypnosis by providing a forum for live entertainment.

I think Anthony Jaquin has re-ignited a pssion for hypnosis as an artform

I think guys who work for a living like Danny contrinute a lot, by providing the insight one can only develop after 1000's of shows

I think Gil Boyne's contributions cannot be understated.

I think Steve Brooks adding this forum contribtes to the growth and acceptance of hypnosis. For a while it was the DJ's keepig hypnosis alive, thank god it seems to be in the hands of magicians now....
Don't worry, I was kidding =]