(Close Window)
Topic: It was torture
I wondering if any of you have stories like this to share...

Yesterday my family went to see a tribute to Andrew Lloyd Webber. The music was excellent performed by a small but highly skilled orchestra. There were six performers who sang, and all had amazing voices. The music was familiar and enjoyable. So what was the problem?

Someone sitting near me had the most god-awful stink breath you could imagine. I was stuck in that seat for about 2 hours, listening to fine music, and forced to endure the smell of this person's poor hygiene.

Anyone else had issues while trapped in a theater seat? Don't put "wouldn't it be awful if" ideas here. This is for things that really happened.
I was having breakfast in Montreal. The menu was printed in English/French, and every line changed to "with/avec" somewhere near the middle of the descriptions.

I was sitting across from a husband and wife, from the American Midwest judging by their accent, and I overheard the man telling his wife, "Look honey, every dish here comes with avec. It must be really tasty!" It was all I could do....
I thought this was about Cheney.
[quote]
On 2010-02-21 10:28, Chance wrote:
I was having breakfast in Montreal. The menu was printed in English/French, and every line changed to "with/avec" somewhere near the middle of the descriptions.

I was sitting across from a husband and wife, from the American Midwest judging by their accent, and I overheard the man telling his wife, "Look honey, every dish here comes with avec. It must be really tasty!" It was all I could do....
[/quote]

I especially like avec with au jus.
[quote]
On 2010-02-21 21:45, Whit Haydn wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-02-21 10:28, Chance wrote:

[/quote]

I especially like avec with au jus.
[/quote]

That's probably the most redundant food order ever. :)
While we were rideing a taxi in Mexico my wife said that all roads must lead to salida because it seemed that we keep passing the salida exit. I then told her that salida means EXIT.
I was forced to resort to childhood tactics to deal with a moron in front of me giving a running commentary of the show to his unfortunate date. I never thought shooting spit balls could be so rewarding.
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Feb 22, 2010 07:53PM)
I once went to a movie, and the family in front of me smuggled in an entire chicken dinner. A hot greasy steam filled the air.
A 78 year-old Billy McComb liked to whisper a complaint to flight attendents about the middle-aged woman seated next to him in coach.

"I am having to deal with the most awful gas from this person next to me...It is most embarrassing--I hate to bring it up...must be sick or something...I wonder if I might be seated elsewhere...don't want to embarrass the poor dear..."

He would often be moved up to first class with this tactic.
[quote]
On 2010-02-23 04:43, Whit Haydn wrote:
He would often be moved up to first class with this tactic.
[/quote]

That is EXCELLENT! I must try it on my next flight.
Stuck in a tiger cage and forced to listen to [i]Copacabana[/i] for 48 straight hours during an Army SERE exercise.

But that was 30 years ago when they used to have a show. Now it's a disco but not for Lola still in the dress she used to wear faded feathers in her hair....

Peace and Godspeed.
I remember returning home from Japan and there was a kid of around 12 and by himself that started throwing up about halfway through the flight. Not only did he use up the barf bag but the stewardess (err flight attendant!) brought him a paper grocery bag just in time! I was across the aisle from him and had a good view unfortunately I got hit with the stench as well. That was the first and only time I ever saw someone actually use one of those.

Glen
I once had to endure an entire Michael Bay film. This is worse than anything anyone here has suggested.
[quote]I remember returning home from Japan and there was a kid of around 12 and by himself that started throwing up about halfway through the flight. Not only did he use up the barf bag but the stewardess (err flight attendant!) brought him a paper grocery bag just in time! I was across the aisle from him and had a good view unfortunately I got hit with the stench as well. That was the first and only time I ever saw someone actually use one of those. [/quote]

Imagine how the poor kid felt...dry heaves and et al!

As for me, I am occasionally forced to sit next to a man with some of the worst bad breath on the planet. Just imagine how his poor wife must feel having to endure it every day!
[quote]
On 2010-02-26 14:25, MagiClyde wrote:
[quote]I remember returning home from Japan and there was a kid of around 12 and by himself that started throwing up about halfway through the flight. Not only did he use up the barf bag but the stewardess (err flight attendant!) brought him a paper grocery bag just in time! I was across the aisle from him and had a good view unfortunately I got hit with the stench as well. That was the first and only time I ever saw someone actually use one of those. [/quote]

Imagine how the poor kid felt...dry heaves and et al!

As for me, I am occasionally forced to sit next to a man with some of the worst bad breath on the planet. Just imagine how his poor wife must feel having to endure it every day!
[/quote]
Sorry, that's probably me. I find a garlic and onion milkshake is just the recipe for keeping the stranger in the seat next to me from talking to me too much. (Don't worry about my wife, I drink Scope when I get home to kill the effects.)
;)

The worst thing about someone puking is that it can start a chain reaction, especially if it's a bumpy ride. You're already feeling nauseous, then the sight or smell hits you, and there you go, too.