(Close Window)
Topic: Andrew De Ruiter.
Hello!Anybody know where I can find books of Andrew De Ruiter,and who is this magician or magic creator?Please any information about...May be somebody have his book? So thanks for all information beforehand! Sincerely,Serg.
I used to taalk with Andrew about 10 years ago. At the time , he was working a regular job and inventing ideas. He eventually went on to publish several illusion books. I own the first one and he has some craetive ideas. However over the past several years, his website has went down and he seems to have dipped out of the magic sceen. Anybody has info, I would love to know also.
So Illuzzionz,please tell the name of books,if you know?And which price? Thanks,Serg.
He had 4 Illusion Design booklets. Each of them about 40-50 pages.

Best,

Las
I believe I have the books from Andrew. There are 4 of them. Flying ghost plans, Illusion design Book one, two ,and three.I have in my hand book 3, book 1 and Flying Ghost plans
Rick Wilcox
His last contact was Andrew de Ruiter 1917A South 73rd street
West Allis, Wisconsin 53219 PH 414 327 5903
Rick
Thanks so much Rick and Laszlo! May be you know e-mail of Mr.Ruiter?And approximate price of books,or where I can buy? Serg.
I don't know the price they were gifts from him.I don't think he has an e-mail.
Rick
Do you think this books are intersing or are somethings like a dejavu'?
I don't have seen a great rewiew on this books,
thanks for the replay...
I would contact Theophillus magic shop I believe they would have information you would need. Michael They are located in Millwaukee wi. I don't have the address off hand.

Michael
The books are interesting and they may spark some other ideas. Not sure if any of the effects haven't been built.
Rick
Andrew DeRuiter is still around. He remotely manages a museum in New York called Museum of Intrigue. Check out their website - it is indeed intriguing. Here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area he owns a store called Parlor of Entertainment in Music City Mall Lewisville. They have escape rooms, murder mystery, live action role-playing games, game shows and a selfie museum. He sets up 2 tables, one right inside the entrance and one at the end of the "sequence", where magicians can "set up shop" and perform for tips. Usually a professional sits at the table right inside the door to attract the customers and the amateur (me!) sits at the other table and does additional magic once the customers are done with the circle. Not very many professionals have been showing up, so Andrew has been letting me sit at the "pro" table. I cannot put into words what a huge blessing he's been to my magic hobby - there's nothing more valuable than the chance to practice performing for strangers. He also comes out and gives me pointers on my own tricks whenever business is slow. Huge, huge, huge.

As several of you have already discussed, Andrew has indeed published several books about creating grand illusions. I haven't had a chance to read them yet but it's on my to-do list! He is also highly sought after in the field of creating Halloween haunted houses - he worked as a consultant for several of the largest in the New York area and they always sold quantifiably if not significantly more tickets after implementing his ideas.

Most of you probably know how to contact him directly, but if anyone would like to ask him a question and doesn't know how to contact him, feel free to send me a PM and I'll pass it on to him.

The Metal Magician