(Close Window)
Topic: Winter melting away?
I was wondering if any of you are seeing signs of winter melting away, yet? Right now, I'm in Arkansas,visiting my fiance, over 600 miles from my home state of Indiana, and although my son tells me over the phone that they are about to get slammed with snow, here, in this tranquil place, we've had nice warmth and some pleasant rain last night.

How about where you're at?
We got nailed last night with over 4 inches (Grand Rapids MI).
Doomed I tell you...DOOMED!
The snow is melting in the sunnier spots, but it's still winter here. I look forward to hearing the river ice begin to break apart.

John
It was a lot lighter on my drive into work this morning, so I know the days are getting longer, but we're expecting a small cluster of rainstorms to pass through starting tomorrow. I don't get snow where I'm at, so I measure winter by rainfall, usually.
In England

Weather Warning
Monday 22 February

WEATHER WARNING

In East Anglia and the northern Home Counties, ice could be a problem tonight and in the morning where current slush freezes.

In Shetland, further snow tonight could leave 10cm.

Driving conditions will be hazardous.

But its not so bad as it has been but who knnws it could get worse. I expect spring to come soon.
My daughter and son-in-law are coming up from Florida tomorrow.
He's never seen snow. Supposed to snow all week here, HaHaaa!
Here in Ireland it's freezing cold.I actually cant wait for Summer so we can get back to the usual rain :D
We never got winter this year. It barely got below freezing for any lenght of time and the percipitation is less than usual.

Spring is here already as flowers are blooming and trees are blossoming.
The snow is slowly disapearing here, but it will be around for another week or so. They must be experiencing global warming in Seattle.
I was surprised after I wrote that first post to look out the kitchen window and see about eight or nine red breasted robins going about their spring like business. That's the best sign yet. But, *sigh* I'll soon be heading back to Indiana to be miserable in the Hoosier weather for a few more weeks.

Arkansas is looking better and better by the minute.
Back home again in Indiana, now, and freezing my butushkin off.
It's been a typical southern California winter here in San Diego -- daytime temps in the 60s and 70s, nighttime temps in the 50s. Mostly sunny all the time (or partly sunny) with an occassional rainshower. The "rainy season" will end, though, next month and then we won't see a single drop of rain until next November or December. Now THAT'S something to look forward to, isn't it? :)
Ya' just can't win.