(Close Window)
Topic: Imagination
Apparently this was shown at Blackpool. I have started a new thread due to the name change of the effect. Would apprciate it if someone who put it a pre-order and has since received it from MagicBox could submit a review. Thanks.
The first 24 sets were sent out last week and so I trust a review will follow soon.

I've received a few pm's about this effect so would like to elaborate a little on some details!

Firstly everything used in the effect is 100% examinable.

You get two ungimmicked envelopes one for performance and a spare. These do not have anything printed on them, you get two stickers one to use and the other a spare though if you wish to personalise the effect you do not need to use them at all.

This comes with a dozen blank business sized cards for the effect you will need to print, stick, write or draw the items of your choosing onto these cards to do the effect.

I will be a little bold to say that to the best of my knowledge the principle behind this is very original.

I did in fact share the principle with a select few at Blackpool and no one had mentioned thy they had ever seen the method used in an effect before.

Also no outs are used, your always bang on the nail!

Whilst I use a body language read for my presentation this could easily be varied to suit ones performance style.

Kind Regards Michael
I like the sound of this but what is the effect?
Go to magicbox website. It is highlited on the first page.
The effect:

The mentalist offers to mimic a classic effect of Uri Geller's called the design duplication. To make things a little more difficult the spectator is asked to think of any item they could quickly sketch or draw. and as they are doing so the mentalist Introduces a small black envelope. The mentalist claims that the item the spectator has in their mind will be pictured on the reverse of the envelope and is then able to prove it however the spectators laugh when the envelope is turned over as there are many different designs pictured upon it!

Not wishing to disappoint the mentalist removes a stack of business cards and each has a different drawing upon it. Whist your back is turned you ask the spectator to place their thought of design into the envelope (for verification purposes) and they are then instructed to place the others out of sight.

Only then does the mentalist turn to face the audience and is then able to skillfully read the spectators body language to deduce the item they are thinking of!

*No multiple outs* *No peeks* *Everything is fully examinable* *Can be customised for star signs, football teams etc* *No memory work* *Super simple *
I'm also looking forward to some feedback on this it sounds great.

Russell
I have seen this performed.
This is my honest opinion.

Imagination is a brilliant application of an invisible marking system that fried me when I first saw it. It is so easy to carry around with you, has no reset, and makes sense. Michael has another winner here. I will get this for my wallet, it is essential for the walk-around mind reader.

The Drawing Dupe just got really easy (and fits in your wallet!). I love this!
More reviews please. 24 of these have gone out and psyhicturtle is the only one to respond. Would like to hear what others have to say -good, bad or indifferent though I imagine it will be better than good.
Is it possible to put up an image of the back of one of these business sized cards so we can see how it looks?
The cards are blank on both sides! There is nothing on them! I'll see if I can take a picture of the contents of the package later today though!

Kind Regards Michael
Great. It would be nice to see the images. Hopefully, there will be more reviews soon.
I don't know what you are expecting to see, Aligator. The photo will show an envelope and a bunch of blank business cards...not much to look at!
Here is the image as requested!

Kind Regards Michael
Thanks for the images. Still on the fence though leaning forward. Just conducting due diligence while hoping for more reviews. Any particular reason why the envelopes are black?
What's the price for this ($USA) shipped to the States? Will any USA dealers be carrying this?
Looks great Michael!

I like the idea a lot.
Hi Aligator the envelopes are black so that no part of the image shows through however if you wished you could change the envelopes!

Shipping to the USA would be 5.00 Due to the time it takes me to make them we are not wholesaling this item as yet but are trying to get someone else to mass produce them for us!

Kind Regards Michael
To help Celebrity out here the site is: http://www.magicbox.uk.com you'll find it on the first page there.

C
I think I may just pick this up anyway because I love the look of it and it seems like no one else is going to review it anytime soon and I'm not very patient. *** I wish I had patience.

Russell
I can't beleive it **** out d@mn
I received this yesterday and it is a very nice piece of mentalism.
Once I read the instructions a few times I got the jist of it and made up the cards as per the instructions.
I would advise testing each card before puting the drawing on them, although each card is marked telling you what to draw, you don't want to make a mistake here.(by the way the markings on the cards are removed once youve drawn the symbol so in essence they become unmarked)
Practice: at first, I was unsure of getting it down easily but it became very easy after a few tests.
Handling: as above, a little practice here and it's no problem, you are completely justified in all you do following the routine supplied. There are no sleights and the whole thing becomes second nature after a little while.
Ready to go: After opening the package I took 15 mins to make up the cards and half an hour to feel good about a performance.
Performance: I did this three times last night and each time it went perfectly.
The cards are a little sticky at first but after a few shuffles they were fine.
All in all what you get here is worth the price, especially when you consider this is not something you could make up yourself with what you have lying around.
Mr Murray has done a great job here, this would be a time consuming effect to make and no doubt if made wholesale would be more expensive.
Well done indeed.
Thanks for the review. I've decided to go ahead and order this. Will report back upon receipt.
Mine hasn't been shipped yet? Do I need to wait for another batch? Heard you had a sellout Friday. Positive news starting to trickle out on this one.
Westo, many thanks for the kind words, I'm pleased you like it and I'm also happy that you appreciate the work involved in making them up!

Aligator, your order is top on the list and I'll be making them up tonight so that yours will be dispatched first thing tomorrow for you! (apologies for the delay!).

We have taken about a dozen orders at the convention and so these will all be complete and posted by the end of the week!

Kind Regards Michael