(Close Window)
Topic: Looking for a Bottle Holder
I was watching my David Stone DVD's and he had a holder for the bottle of wine on his belt. I was wondering if anyone new where I could get one?
Message: Posted by: Fred-Erik Johanson (Mar 16, 2010 12:27AM)
I got mine from Magic Warehouse.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=LP6481&keyword=SPLASH

Before getting this gimmick I made one myself from the clip on the David Stone video.
I ended up using the one I made myself cause I made it a little bit smaller(I could use a smaller wine bottle and some 0,5 l soda bottles). Both I use, but I think that Splash gimmick is too stiff, but also the stiffness gives something to the operation. It closes up itself after production.

F
Didn't Fabric manipulations have them? I can't find the website.
[quote]
On 2010-03-27 12:00, TrickZone wrote:
Didn't Fabric manipulations have them? I can't find the website.
[/quote]

http://www.fabricmanipulation.com/

Mike
I purchased the Splash bottle production. Truly loved the idea, but I found that I hated not being able to take off my jacket w/o exposing the holder.
Back to the books...incoporating Bob Read's classic handling for his bottle production and the splash holder, I created a similar holder which I pinned inside my trousers. This has become one of my best stand-up effects and always a crowd favorite.
[quote]
On 2010-03-28 23:10, patrick1515 wrote:
Truly loved the idea, but I found that I hated not being able to take off my jacket w/o exposing the holder.
[/quote]

You can slide the gimmick further back OR you can tuck in under your belt to hide it. A lot of laymen carry their cellphones on their belt so..you can go that route as well.

Have fun,
Michael Ammar uses his Topit for a nice bottle production.

Sir Richard.
I kinda just tuck it inside my belt and wear pants that wont fall off without a belt. if you were going to build your own you could fasten it to your belt with one of those jumbo office clips, or like a hook made of a bent coat hanger. that way when you go to take your coat off you can just make an excuse to go in your inside pocket(putting away a pen, deck of cards, whatever)slide the gimmick out and ditch it in your coat pocket before taking off your coat.
Surely the belt clips joggers use would fill the bill
The baisc idea for the Splash Bottle gimmick comes from Tom Stone. By the way David Stone refers to him in his DVDs and gives him credit.

For those who don't like Splash Bottle they could have a look at Peter Loughran's effect "A Touch of Glass".

Paco, your idea of the bent coat hanger and / or office clip is very nice. Have to try it.

Oliver.
Found a bottle holder at the Walmart, works great with normal sized beer or glass soda bottles
cant find the exact one that I have bit its kinda like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Style-N-Craft-Spray-Paint-Can-Bottle-Can-Holder/15169888
if it can hold a spraypaint can, it will probably be nice and loose when a beer bottle is loaded into it.
Suspenders and a belt are needed when I use the splash bottle gimick. I am not brave enough to try anything larger than a "split" size at present. This works great as a finish for silks.
I used the holder for some times.. but now my suggestion is: use the belt.

Better feeling of the bottle and your suit is perfect!
http://www.aquaclip.com