(Close Window)
Topic: Yay! I can do the push-through riffle shuffle now :)
Just thought I'd share that. Feels good man :D
Hahah...lol..awesome...now for some up the ladder cuts?
Yes indeed, that's the next thing to get looking nice and smooth. I probably won't take my push-through/up-the-ladder thing out in public for a while: I'll stick with the Zarrow shuffle and a bit of misdirection for the "move" thereof.

But I like the fact that the initial phase of the push-through looks very much like my normal riffle shuffle, very fairly meshing the packets together.

In the meantime... it's like an exciting new toy for me :)
Very cool! I love the push through shuffle and the way we execute it. With proper amount of practice, you can shorten the "pushed through" packet until it's almost aligned with the deck itself.
Aye, I got lucky a couple of times in my practice, rescuing a packet that I thought was lost in the deck. I need to deconstruct these lucky moments, where I can push through a packet that's almost square with the deck, and find out what I did right.
I had so much trouble with a push-through shuffle, I decided to try a strip out shuffle instead. I came across the Aronson Stripout Shuffle (from Simply Simon), and fell in love with it. Even knowing how it works, it still fools me! Right after that, I finally started being able to do a push-through as well. Now I practice both. (Seriously: why isn't everyone doing the Aronson Stripout?)
Which one is push-through riffle shuffle? Is this a false shuffle?
[quote]
On 2010-03-22 14:09, The Futurist wrote:
Just thought I'd share that. Feels good man :D
[/quote]

Congrats
[quote]
Congrats
[/quote]

Cheers!

[quote]
On 2010-03-31 01:20, Failed Magician wrote:
Which one is push-through riffle shuffle? Is this a false shuffle?
[/quote]

Yep... done on a table or other surface.
Any video demo I can have a look at?
[quote]
On 2010-03-24 15:54, mrehula wrote:
I had so much trouble with a push-through shuffle, I decided to try a strip out shuffle instead. I came across the Aronson Stripout Shuffle (from Simply Simon), and fell in love with it. Even knowing how it works, it still fools me! Right after that, I finally started being able to do a push-through as well. Now I practice both. (Seriously: why isn't everyone doing the Aronson Stripout?)
[/quote]

While I had no trouble with the push through shuffle, I ALSO find Aronson's shuffle to be diabolically deceptive - the cuts really lock it in and sometimes fool me as well.

I do not remember who stated this - I THINK it was Harry Lorayne - is the fact that the interlace of any riffle is the most important. When the spectators SEE and HEAR the riffle, the psychological reinforcement of "mixed" comes into play.

Still, congrats on your mastery of the push-through!

Ahimsa,
Vlad