(Close Window)
Topic: Willard the Wizard...Under Canvas....
Message: Posted by: The Curator of the Unusual (Apr 1, 2010 07:44PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWkO6WAWzr8....
That's fantastic.
Bev Bergeron wrote a good book about Willard.
Coming up in a year or so, a well known magician that has been involved as of late with theater projects will be directing a version of Shakespeare's The Tempest with the concept that Prospero is Harry Willard. This production will be done by one of the best known outdoor Shakespeare festivals in the world, and they might even tour it a bit under canvas.
Message: Posted by: The Curator of the Unusual (Apr 1, 2010 10:51PM)
[quote]
On 2010-04-01 23:36, Todd Robbins wrote:
and they might even tour it a bit under canvas.
[/quote]

If they need a good canvasman who knows the Baseball stitch,Please pass along my #...
[quote]
Coming up in a year or so, a well known magician that has been involved as of late with theater projects will be directing a version of Shakespeare's The Tempest with the concept that Prospero is Harry Willard. This production will be done by one of the best known outdoor Shakespeare festivals in the world, and they might even tour it a bit under canvas.
[/quote]

Wow, that sounds just right. I love the Tempest.
I've always wanted to stage that play on a set that looks like a large ceramic vessel designed for holding hot water and Oolong leaves.
Here we go again, into the tedium!
O, darjarlings! Tea Leoni simply must star!
Message: Posted by: The Curator of the Unusual (Apr 2, 2010 03:56PM)
While you Folks get Artsy,...I'll go put up the Tent...Sparky and Kondini, can you give me hand, I want to learn some UK tent tips......
Hey Jim, nothing artsy about what I want to do. It's actually rather common. Ain't cha never heard of a Tempest in a tea pot?
Message: Posted by: The Curator of the Unusual (Apr 2, 2010 04:21PM)
Todd, Look, all I want is to set up the tent...and maybe tell a few Jack-pots while you guys put on the show...Uh, and to answer your question in a truly polite and sincere manner...No..
Aaah! A tentist enters the mix!
[quote]
On 2010-04-02 17:02, Todd Robbins wrote:
Hey Jim, nothing artsy about what I want to do. It's actually rather common. Ain't cha never heard of a Tempest in a tea pot?
[/quote]You can probably get one cheap, now that Pontiac is discontinued.
Message: Posted by: The Curator of the Unusual (Apr 2, 2010 06:06PM)
Pontiac???...I thought Watkins built em......
Ah, cmon Jim. A tempest in a teapot is something that creates a lot of turmoil, but is completely insignificant. Come to think of it, I know someone that also fits that description.

[quote]
On 2010-04-02 17:21, The Curator of the Unusual wrote:
Todd, Look, all I want is to set up the tent...and maybe tell a few Jack-pots while you guys put on the show...Uh, and to answer your question in a truly polite and sincere manner...No..
[/quote]
Message: Posted by: The Curator of the Unusual (Apr 2, 2010 08:43PM)
[quote]
On 2010-04-02 20:36, Todd Robbins wrote:
Ah, cmon Jim. A tempest in a teapot is something that creates a lot of turmoil, but is completely insignificant. Come to think of it, I know someone that also fits that description.
[quote]

Todd you are right, I should of regonised that,..My sincerest appologies...But then again, there is quite a cultural difference from the Blanks of West Texas, to the stages of Ripley's and Monday Night Magic...For this reason I should be comped a free-pass from time to time......
Ripley's would be happy to let you work for free.
Message: Posted by: The Curator of the Unusual (Apr 2, 2010 09:10PM)
[quote]
On 2010-04-02 22:00, Harley Newman wrote:
Ripley's would be happy to let you work for free.
[/quote]

Harley, If Ripley's serves a Box lunch, it would be a better prop then these Blanks in West Texas....
Mad Hatter: Would you like a little more tea?
Alice: Well, I haven't had any yet, so I can't very well take more.
March Hare: Ah, you mean you can't very well take less.
Mad Hatter: Yes. You can always take more than nothing.
This is getting steeped in controversy and this conversation is beginning to boil. Shall we not leave, and bag this topic. But rather continue and not get too steamed.
[quote]
[/quote]

Todd do you know any info on whether the rumors of a man with the initials TW doing the music for this are true?
[quote]
On 2010-04-01 22:16, Harley Newman wrote:
Bev Bergeron wrote a good book about Willard.
[/quote]

Bev's book is amazing.

Denny tells a really good story about something Bev said when Mike Caveney was doing his book.

He said, "Why would Mike write a book on Willard? I already wrote THE book on Willard."