(Close Window)
Topic: The Little Hand look at this!
Look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs4Z8TPv2jY

I have showed this trick to a lot of people. Some people love it and then some
people look at you like you have two heads. It's a great little trick for walk
around magic.

For people who don't know what it is, it's a fake little doll's hand that moves
out of your hand and grabs the coin and vanishes with it. It looks great when you
see it for the first time.

Some Magicians press there hands on their pregnant wife and let the hand come
out and wave. It's an amazing visual that looks like the little thing is coming
out of her stomach!

Harry Anderson does an imitation of Godzilla, by putting it in his mouth and
screams, 'Help me! help me!
Love it. LOL
Steve Beam does the funniest routine with small hands and feet called Little Jimmy. Not so much magic as downright funny.
When I saw Steve Beam perform Mr. Jimmy in his lecture, my stomach hurt for a week from laughing so hard.
Magick Balay has a nice similiar effect but uses a playing card.
I am still laughing. That's outrageous!
Message: Posted by: Michael Rubinstein (Apr 3, 2010 06:33PM)
That is a very old trick, dating back to the 80's, and perhaps earlier.
As far as I know this goes back at least to Lonnie Chevre's routine, "[i]Little Man[/i]" (no, not [b]that[/b] one...)

TW
I have purchased this at the Michael Ammar website, it has to be one of my favorite props.
[quote]
On 2010-04-03 19:33, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
That is a very old trick, dating back to the 80's, and perhaps earlier.
[/quote]

Was also used in a coin vanish to duplicate that black box where a little hand snatches a coin.
I remember the old casket bank where you put a quarter and the boney hand grabs the coin. Are we referring to the same thing Jon?
[quote]
On 2010-04-03 21:27, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

Was also used in a coin vanish to duplicate that black box where a little hand snatches a coin.
[/quote]

Wow. I forgot all about those. I had an old, creepy uncle who lived out on Ship Bottom in NJ when I was about 3 or 4. He was missing all of his fingers from getting them gnawed off by oyster crackers (toadfish), so he was already pretty creepy to a 4 year old. Anyway, he had one of those boxes with the hand that would come up and snatch the penny. He told me that he had found the arm of a dead woman and shrunk it in his laboratory, then he put a penny on it and up came the arm! Sheesh... I had nightmares for years! LOL
I remember the creepy corpse bank and bony hand grabs the coin.That was back
in the days.
I kind of liked this!

LOL

I love Michael Ammar, that guy's the man!
[quote]
On 2010-04-04 00:24, paul007007 wrote:
I remember the creepy corpse bank and bony hand grabs the coin.That was back
in the days.
[/quote]

Yup!!! My days!!! I am getting old!
As far as I know, the gag of the little hand coming out of one's hands, or mouth, was created by Bob Farmer. I think he called it "the creation of life". Derek Dingle used the gag to "explain" the vanish of a coin, and that routine appeared in one of the New York Coin Symposium books back in the 1980's. Michael Ammar does a couple of things here that are not in the original, as I recall it, and they make the efect look really good.
The Little Hand:

The creator of this was Bob Farmer in the late '70's, based on a gag from a
Paul Harris effect.

You can but it at Mike Ammar web sight for twenty dollars.

Ammarmagic.com
Michael gave them away as a bonus at lecture I attended recently. I use it a lot at my restaurant gigs. It gets great reactions. Michael is very generous.
Voronin does a great gag with this.
Yep, I invented this in 1978 or thereabouts. I thought it was idiotic, but on a business trip to New York in 1982, I performed it in Tannen's Magic Shop. A few months later it was everywhere. Never made a dime from it.
LOL!

I love this; simple yet hilarious.
Bob, with the new magnets around ( not like that huge thing we saw at the IBIDEM gathering in 80 ) and the coin makers... maybe it's time for a Bammo Manual Monster Vanish?
SHHHH. That's how I do it. The hand goes out on a mag h/o.
Jonathan, luckily Canadian coins are attracted to magnets because they are made of stuff that's attracted to magnets. I also a couple of other uses for the little hand.

I had a small playing card stuck face outwards on the palm. Now, after forcing that card, I would say that the power of my mind would form an image of the selection, "from the little deck of cards in my head".

By this time, I had tabled the deck and had the little hand hidden in my right hand (not attached to my little finger). I would place my hands on either side of my head as if to concentrate and stick the end of the hand in my ear so when I dropped my hands it looked as if a hand was coming out of my head holding a duplicate of the card.

For magicians, I did a routine called, "Confusion Is Not Magic." This was a two in the hand one in the pocket routine with three hands. I'd say, I've got two hands in my hand and one hand in my pocket -- but now look, three hands in my hand, no hands in my pocket. I'd do this a couple of times using the word "hand" profusely -- for the ending, the hands all vanished and when I opened my hand I had my pocket.
[b]Bob: Great stuff and good old Tannen's RIP RIP RIP... was it Spina?[/b]
Lol for sure. I really liked it and just bought it. Thanks for sharing. :)
The trick is great some people think there is and alien in your hands.A
magician told me he did the trick at a kid show.The kid said where is the
body of the doll.I have had a lot of different reactions with the trick
from people.Some people love it and some think it is strange.

Thanks Paul
Pete, my recollection is, and I may be wrong, that I showed it to Meyer Yedid who was working there at the time.
That is awesome! But a little creepy at the same time :) Love it!
[b]Love it!![/b]

And just ordered it!!!
If anyone one has any questions or problems with the trick.

You can pm me on it.

Paul
Where can one get this little hand?
Zzzdeng,

You can buy it at.

Michael Ammar Magic

Ammarmagic.com
I searched Mr. Ammar's store site, I did not find the little hand. I recently order his lecture notes, it doesn't come with the hand either =\
Wow! That trick is awesome! Didn't expect a hand to come out and grab the coin. Nice!
Also try searching doll supply stores..

1 - 1/2 inch plastic...

Wife to Harris...step away from Macy Rose's (my delightful young neice) dolls...

Be safe, well and creative...

Harris
I bought one a couple of weeks ago from Michael's website.
Diamond's Magic has them.

http://www.diamondsmagic.com/dmb/shop/

You can call them toll free.
[quote]
On 2010-05-05 08:38, paul007007 wrote:
Diamond's Magic has them.

http://www.diamondsmagic.com/dmb/shop/

You can call them toll free.
[/quote]

I don’t see it there. That website is a nightmare to navigate and find anything. Weird, Ammar's site had them a couple weeks ago and now there is no mention of it. Maybe that's a sign that I don’t need the little hand after all!!

Jim
Jim's right. I bought one from Ammar's site on April 3rd, and now I don't see them either.
My guess is that this thread created a run on them and he is now out.

Sammy
The "little hand" gimmick is available as part of Mr. Ammar's "Lecture Notes Package" which you can find at the store on his website by clicking on the Lecture Items category.

It does seem to be a delightful gimmick.
I communicated with Bonnie from Ammarmagic.com. She said The Little Hand used to come in the lecture packets but they don't have all the items to make up that packet at this time. They hope to get The Little Hand back online very soon and will send out an email alert after they get restocked.
Not my style but a lord of the rings theme would fit this pretty well vanish a ring you would need to find a hand that looks like gollum's
Love the effect, just ordered from the website.
I remember first seeing this when I got into magic...it was in Magic for Dummies I believe...they credited Bob Farmer...great stuff.

Jonathan
I have a lot of fun with this. It always gets either a laugh or a "That's creepy!".

If you are ordering one it is important that you know that you will need a mag***ic coin or something that attracts a mag**t to complete the trick.

The coin doesn't come with the hand.

Sammy
Michael Ammar did that on Letterman
[quote]
On 2010-05-24 19:34, fonda57 wrote:
Michael Ammar did that on Letterman
[/quote]

He also flashed the gimmick/method as well. The camera is unforgiving.
Hear Is Mike on Letterman with the Little Hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsiyM489QL0
[quote]
On 2010-05-25 07:21, PAUL K wrote:
Hear Is Mike on Letterman with the Little Hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsiyM489QL0
[/quote]

Wow -- even though I know exactly what he did, he floored me with the seated vanish of the iPhone.

Flash aside, I wish I could do his handling of the little hand. Unfortunately, my fingers don't work fully independently like his.
Inigmntoya,

I found the instructions a little difficult to follow. I just kept playing with it until I discovered what worked. I'm not sure that my little finger is as flexible as Michael's, but it keeps looking better all the time.

Keep working on it!

Sammy
As you may know, I invented the little hand trick. Michael Ammar and I are now working to put out a deluxe, custom-manufactured edition. Watch the skies for when this is available.
Bob Farmer,

Can you tell me how the trick will be different from the original?

Thanks for the info.

Paul
This is in "Magic for Dummies" I believe...
[quote]
On 2010-05-26 07:57, Bob Farmer wrote:
As you may know, I invented the little hand trick. Michael Ammar and I are now working to put out a deluxe, custom-manufactured edition. Watch the skies for when this is available.
[/quote]

Can't wait to see the deluxe version! I've had a lot of fun with the current Ammar version. Gets a lot of laughs!

Sammy
I can't wait to see the deluxe version!!!!!

The trick is great people love it and some want to see it again.

Paul
This is a great little "effect", Letterman couldn't seem to stop laughing....

Tom
How is the new version different from the one that is out just now?
Oh my god. I saw the demo and can't stop laughing... I want it!
Oh my god. I saw the demo and can't stop laughing... I want it!
I just got a shim**d quarter for this effect. I like the way it works better than my half dollar mag***ic coin.
This is a fun trick and gets a variety of reactions, all good.
Any Ideas when the new version Bob speaks of will be out??

Bob??
What do you think of Letterman's reaction? He says, " That's among the stupidest things I've ever seen!" Is this a positive reaction or a negative reaction?
Good question, proto. Though there is a little magical element due to the concealment of the little hand until you are ready to have it appear, I certainly consider this to be more of a gag than a magic trick. I think Letterman's response was positive, because here he was expecting to see some incredible finale, and instead he saw this. As I recall, he was certainly laughing.

It does get a good reaction.

I just discovered that the strongest connection between the hand and the coin occurs when I use the mag****c coin that is a part of my "Triple Threat" set. Neo is that much stronger.
Yeah, I always get a laugh when I perform it. I'm still wondering what the new one is going to be like.
I have been playing around with different coins for this effect. I want to know that the coin will stay attached when I pull the hand away quickly.

My latest favortie is the Canadian Looney. It is light and really holds on to the hand.

I performed this a number of times at a bar/restaurant recently. A lot of fun!

I am now working on losing the "package" after the vanish. My goal is to make what appears to be a creepy/funny gag into a magical complete vanish of everything.
I bought two of these and am disappointed at the quality of the gimmick.
The first one I bought has an issue with the insert adhesive coming loose. I contacted them and they sent me a replacement for free. No issues with it.

Sammy
Mine are discolored on the back of the hand where the M***** is located and part of it is showing so it looks like a large black dot. And that is the two that I bought. I contacted Ammar about this but a lady Bonnie said she would pass the email on to Mike but a week later still no reply...
Got an email from Mrs Ammar, Hannah. All is well. Happy.
Are all the "Little Hands" left hands or is just the one I received?
Both of mine are left handed.
[quote]
On 2010-07-22 17:05, Sammy J. wrote:
Both of mine are left handed.
[/quote]

Are you right handed? I am, and is very hard for me to control the prop using the left hand.
Bambu, I am left handed but I just played around with it as if it were a right handed model. I think that when you get the motion down, it will work for you in the left hand. Use the covering hand as a top brace to control the movement of the little hand. I think it will take more work, but you will get it down.
Let me know how it goes!

Sammy
I am right handed and have no problem with the effect. I think a right handed one wouldnt feel right.
I love this trick
Vincent, I have had so much fun with this. It is so fun to study the reactions it gets. I assure you, it always gets a reaction!

Sammy
The trick is great!!!! I use it all the time.

Paul
You don't need a Mag***c coin... use a BEER BOTTLE CAP.... my routine kills. Been doing it for many years.
Maybe Bob Farmer would step in and let us know if the new version is ready for release?
Did Steve Beam every release Little Jimmy?

Best,

Sean
Hi Sean,
I had emailed him quite a while ago and never got a reply on this. It was one of the funniest things I had seen. By the reaction of the rest of the crowd at the convention, it was for them, too. Bob Little was there and sold out of his small hands and feet and had orders to ship when he got back home.
Tom
Thanks Tom,

I love stuff like this. Pure Gold. I have a little hand that I had in my drawer for years. This thing brings pure joy! and creepiness too! ha.

Sean
What reactions do you get? I watched the video of Michael Ammar of the Letterman show perform this and David said " That is just stupid! " I don't care what letterman says, just curious as to the reaction of lay people.

He did laugh however.
For me it usually gets a big laugh from most, and an "Euuuu, that's creepy" from a few.
I get a lot of laughs from most.Some people want to see it again.

Paul
The Little Jimmy routine uses small hands and feet, really have to see it. While the Little Hand is a magic gag, Little Jimmy is just a funny bit.
I mostly get nervous/startled laughs, a couple shrieks, and a few "Euuuu, creepy"s as well.

Based on the suggestion above, I've started using a bottle cap from an uncommon brand as a conversation starter /lead in.
I've been playing with the bottle cap, as I like the concept.
The problem I'm having is that the cap is so light it kind of jumps to the hand as opposed to the hand picking it up. The Canadian Looney is a great weight for this effect. It "behaves" the best of all I have tried.

Maybe if I just work with the bottle cap some more, I can get it down.

I think that what sells the humor in this trick is the fact that the hand comes out very slowly, but after making the snatch, retreats very rapidly. Where I'm having trouble is with the cap jumping up during the slow phase.

Sammy
[quote]
Where I'm having trouble is with the cap jumping up during the slow phase.
[/quote]

Have you tried slowly raising the hand up high and coming down onto the cap similar to what Ammar did on David Letterman?

(Starts around 5:50)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTaCGIZ8mJw
Good point, inigmntoya! I will have to work to see if I can get that elevation at the end. The other cool thing I noticed after watching this time is the way Michael whistles, as if calling a dog, just before the hand appears. Pretty funny touch.
I place the beer cap on my outstretched left hand ON MY THUMB'S HEEL and close my hand into a fist, the cap still shows and I say, "If I put it here and close my hand I can't make it disappear like lots of magicians "PALM" THINGS... If I want to make it vanish I need my assistant."

Right hand with 'hand' in thumb palm comes over and left middle finger inserted into hand, right hand makes a cave and the "assistant" comes out... etc.

This kills and works like a champ for me.
They just came out with a different kind that is longer and the fingers come out straight.
This one is much better than the last batch. These hands are great.

Bob, are these the deluxe version you speak of??
Boydy,

Yes they are the Deluxe Version!!!

Paul
Where to purchase the new and improved? Michael Ammar's sight?
Yes, and I thing he still has a special where you can get 2 for $25.00.
Thank you NicholasD.
I just ordered it, the 2 for $25 special is still on.
I would very much like to order that, but $26 just for shipping 2 little hands to Europe? Really? $26?
Here is the new deluxe version from Mike Ammar.

http://store.ammarmagic.com/the-little-hand.html

Paul
[quote]
On 2010-11-02 16:53, jonathandupree wrote:
What reactions do you get? I watched the video of Michael Ammar of the Letterman show perform this and David said " That is just stupid! " I don't care what letterman says, just curious as to the reaction of lay people.

He did laugh however.
[/quote]

Actually, I don't remember Letterman stating, "That is just stupid!" but rather, I believe, he said something to the effect of the trick being the stupidest thing he'd ever witnessed. There's a subtle difference; the former not being a glowing comment, while the latter can be interprepted that the trick went over perfectly and will be quite memorable.

I recall watching a video segment of Michael after the Letterman taping where he's quite pleased with Letterman's response. I agree wholeheartedly and I think Michael picked the perfect way to end his segment. I equate this to something I read from a marketing expert which explained that sometimes it's the truly "stupid" commercials that one remembers while walking down the aisle of a supermarket in search of something. It doesn't matter why you remember a certain brand as long as you remember it. Or the old adage that there's no such thing as bad publicity. I've had a lot of fun using the little hand.

Best,
MJ
I bought one of these from Michael Ammar when he lectured in MN. I loved it - it was pinkish, cute, and got great reactions. Then I lost the gimmick! I tried to get a replacement from the Ammar web-site, but when I recieved it I was disappointed to find that it was grayish and kinda creepy looking. Not cute like the pink one. Then I got a note saying they weren't happy with the run, and were going to re-issue it. When I finally got the upgraded version, the magnet was off-center, so it sticks to the wrist - instead of the palm. Anybody got a good one that they would be willing to part with?
[quote]
On 2010-11-04 15:21, Sammy J. wrote:
I've been playing with the bottle cap, as I like the concept.
The problem I'm having is that the cap is so light it kind of jumps to the hand as opposed to the hand picking it up. The Canadian Looney is a great weight for this effect. It "behaves" the best of all I have tried.

Maybe if I just work with the bottle cap some more, I can get it down.

I think that what sells the humor in this trick is the fact that the hand comes out very slowly, but after making the snatch, retreats very rapidly. Where I'm having trouble is with the cap jumping up during the slow phase.
Hi Sammy
Maybe You could add a lead disk to the inside of the cap to add weight to it. Golfers use these to change the swing weight on there golf clubs. You just peel and stick the lead disk. You could see how many grams your favorite coin weights and then match this weight when you add the lead disk.
Here is a video of The Little Hand with a Bear Cap.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82K2Xv11Jg8&feature=player_embedded

I've seen people even do it with candy.

Paul
Thanks Ralph, that's a great idea about the weights.
Paul, thanks for posting that video. I like the cave idea!

Sammy
Sammy, I think it's Pete in the video.

Paul
Paul, You're right, it looks like Pete Biro's routine. Very nice, Pete!

Sammy
I showed this to my daughter who's 22 years old, and she said it was creepy. I thought that was a good thing until I asked her what she meant by creepy. She said it looked like a fetus. I was a little disappointed with her reaction. She usually likes the magic effects I do, and this reaction caught me off guard.

I was wondering if my wife could find a doll outfit in the attic and install a little sleeve on the arm. Maybe this would take away the creepiness for some viewers.

When I showed my Wife she broke out in laughter ! It was a very good reaction !

I probably should get used to the mixed reactions that this will get.
I tried that after reading the original write up. In the end you're better off buying Michael Ammars version. Not only do you get his handling but the new improved gaff is great. Moulded specifically for this trick.
Senagiles,You are right your better off buying Michael Ammars version.It's hard to find a Doll hand that fits as well as his.

Paul
Yes I ordered 4 different dolls from eBay thinking they were the right size! People gonna think you're crazy they see dolls with their arms cut off laying around the house!! ;)
The newest version of this is great. It'll save you a lot of time buying this from Ammar rather than making your own. Unless you wish to that is.

I had one of the batch before the newer ones and it was very poorly made with bubble holes all over it and half a finger missing. I emailed Ammar magic about the problem I had with it and I got one of the new batch sent out to me free of charge when the first came in. Probably the no1 of the batch LOL. The material has the feel to it like a vinyl thumb tip and it will last for years. Probably the best thing I have bought magic related that gets the best reactions. 5 stars!
[quote]
On 2011-03-30 07:25, seangiles wrote:
Yes I ordered 4 different dolls from eBay thinking they were the right size! People gonna think you're crazy they see dolls with their arms cut off laying around the house!! ;)
[/quote]
Sounds like the opening scene to a serial killer movie . I can just see the cameras scanning the room of doll arms.
This seriously made me laugh so hard :D very, very nice presentation!
All those funny-bizarre and darker presentations with stories of dolls with only one arm ... uhh, sweet dark magic.
[quote]
On 2011-03-28 03:17, ralphs007 wrote:
I showed this to my daughter who's 22 years old, and she said it was creepy. I thought that was a good thing until I asked her what she meant by creepy. She said it looked like a fetus. I was a little disappointed with her reaction. She usually likes the magic effects I do, and this reaction caught me off guard.

I was wondering if my wife could find a doll outfit in the attic and install a little sleeve on the arm. Maybe this would take away the creepiness for some viewers.

When I showed my Wife she broke out in laughter ! It was a very good reaction !

I probably should get used to the mixed reactions that this will get.
[/quote]

I got the same reaction!

I did this last week for my Niece who is in college. She too mentioned that it looked like a creepy "dead baby hand". I think the grayish flesh color is unnatural. I like your idea making a black sleeve for the arm. That way it will more resemble the old battery operated bank from Johnson Smith, and will mask the fetus syndrome.
Baby hand? As in get a noticeably pregnant volunteer to assist you and move the action real close to her belly?

Or perhaps pretend to be that guy from Total Recall who had a tiny twin?

Just thinking ... ;)

j
Anybody have the chance to try a Johnson versus a Sasco m***tic quarter for this? I used to have a Johnson, which worked great. After losing it, I replaced it with the Sasco quarter - but it just doesn't seem to have as strong of a hold. Anybody else have luck - good or bad - with a Sasco quarter?
[quote]
On 2010-12-03 10:58, PAUL K wrote:
Boydy,

Yes they are the Deluxe Version!!!

Paul
[/quote]

I got the "deluxe version" and was disappointed. The m*****t is located in the wrist instead of the palm of the doll hand, making it very hard to operate - and when the hand grabs the coin, it looks wrong because the coin is sticking to the wrist instead of the palm. Did I get a bad deluxe version??? Or does yours do this too?
[quote]
On 2011-08-14 07:28, Ximines
I got the "deluxe version" and was disappointed. The m*****t is located in the wrist instead of the palm of the doll hand, making it very hard to operate - and when the hand grabs the coin, it looks wrong because the coin is sticking to the wrist instead of the palm. Did I get a bad deluxe version??? Or does yours do this too?
[/quote]
I want to order one, but I want to know if the new ones still have this problem. Does anybody know?
It might, or it might not - some are fine and some are off a bit. Not really a big problem. Folks watching don’t get to see that kind of detail as long as you handle it like any sleight; it's not like they see a zoomed view of it in slow motion or anything! You’re talking about a doll hand that is less than a half inch, or about 10 - 12 mm long, and the coin is, oh... two to three times as large. Not a problem IMO.

Jim
Ummm... I don't know. I don't want to pay for something that is not well made.
Up to you! But I don’t think anyone can tell you exactly what you will get if you order it. Just sayin'.

Thank you.

Jim
I just ordered this based on a thread in another forum that had a bunch of us taking things waaaaaay too seriously. Sure,great sleight of hand with a handful of coins looks really cool,but this is the type of effect that laypeople will remember.
I attended a Michael Ammar lecture when it first came out, and he gave all the attendees a free one. I guess I was lucky to get one and that it was perfect. It's a great idea to get a reaction from laymen, and it's not too hard to make one, if you can find the right size. The craft stores sell dolls and doll parts - which may be a place to try, if you can't get one that fits well. It should be replaced if it's defective, though, I would think.
Well, I just got my Johnson quarter - and it absolutely blows away the Sasco version. It't not even close!

By the way, if anyone has an original version of the Ammar little hand (the ones he gave out in the lecture a few years ago), and would be willing to part with it, PM me. I have the 'deluxe' version, and am not crazy about it. The m****t is in the wrist, so it looks a bit off when it reaches out and 'grabs' the quarter.

thanks!
The m****t should be in the hand. Email Ammar and they should send you a new one. I know of people having problems in the past and they sent them a new one.

Paul
Thanks Paul, I just sent an email to the web site.
It is actually fun to play with. Ammar dropped by in Manila last Sunday. It's not part of his plan but we did got him over here since he was in Singapore. He went on with his lecture piece and this was a hit. Everybody I saw got one!
I just ordered mine. I cant wait to get it.
That´s funny!A real surprise seeing it for the first time.
Anyone know any places to get them in the UK?
I have the crappy grey m****t in the wrist version of this. At first I hated it. Then I saw Pete Biro's beer cap routine and that made everything well again. Simpler to do than Ammar's approach.... so much so that it forgives the lesser quality of the gimmick. People have such a strong reaction to this and Pete's routine makes the vanish at the end al ot simpler as well. Check it!

Thank You Pete Biro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82K2Xv11Jg8&feature=player_embedded
Just bought it! Awesome!
I used to use a similar prop in the late 90's I just took an old doll arm from the basement and would pretend I was pregnent instead of fat and get a spec to put out his hand to shake with my baby. lots of laughs and shaken baby syndrome jokes but it was killer if I had a pregnant woman around that I knew (mostly worked bars) she would let me hypnotize her make her babies arm pop out. If you are doing a "differnt kind of show" this is a very different use for this type gaff
Someone mentioned about Little Jimmy ,how is it different from this.. which are the other similar items available..i have seen once Kris corn perform it.
I bought mine after seeing Ammar perform it on Letterman. Its a hit, people love this.
He was out of stock for awhile after Letterman and I was desparate to buy this. So I went to the Dollar Tree, bought a small doll, and dissected off the arm and made my own version. Unfortunately, my then 6 year old daughter found the doll and dissected arms and you can guess how that went.
Needless to say, after fixing the doll (a little switch); Ammar had the Little Hand back in stock.
I love my Little Hand, my daughter is out of therapy (j/k), and life is good again............
First learned this from Joe Stevens of Stevens Magic back in the late 70s early 80s. Helped him out at his booth at the MidAmerica Magic convention in St. Louis. He went to the US Toy booth and went through their fish bowl of rubber body parts and bought all the hands for a nickle apiece. Thought he was crazy at first until he taught me the routine. Sold them for $5 apiece and sold out.

Bob Phillips
You could put a little green sleeve on the arm and say it's a leprechaun. Might be "handy" to have in March with St Patty's around the corner.
Great idea ixnay66!

Here is a short video of me doing Little Hand while my wife was pregnant; I loved doing this! I'm not sure why I whistled though during this performance.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjWDLt_aHYw
Which one is the best version of this trick in your opinion?
I am thinking of getting this one:
http://www.propdog.co.uk/little-hand-gimmick
or this one:
http://www.ammarmagic.com/littlehand.html
I think Bonsalls' idea works and does the job, but it changes the classic trick somewhat. Instead of the coin/ring disappearing, it is just taken by the little hand inside the clasped hands a bit before you basically give/bring it back. I think it's what separates the 2 methods, with this way being more of a gag, than a trick as really nothing magical happens, though admittedly the little hand is gone, I guess. I will say that his design has some nice touches to it. I like the greater thinking on this old idea.

Personally, I think the vanish of the coin is much more magically put behind the gag of the little hand itself. Which is why I believe that Ammar's version of the trick works better and still best. A lot of the handling is similar in the 2 methods, and nothing is really difficult in either, with some practice. But to me, the use of the little helper in Ammar's version helps a lot, and so I would prefer the latter of the two effects, that being a bit smoother and more magical, IMHO.

Either way, still a fun gag/trick. :)
I like the design of the Bonsalls' hand. If it was magnetized like the Ammar version, it would be better.
[quote]On Oct 15, 2014, Ray Haining wrote:
I like the design of the Bonsalls' hand. If it was magnetized like the Ammar version, it would be better. [/quote]

Ah, is it not?
This is exactly the point that I was trying to not so directly make,
" ...the use of the [b]little helper (= Magnet)"[/b] in Ammar's version helps a lot,…"

Not to mention that it's also stated quite directly on Bonsall's website…

"...The second goal was to ensure this could 'claw' a borrowed ring or coin. [b]Other versions have a magnet[/b] in to pick up a magenetic coin, but this is no good for a ring or borrowed coin. This version will perfectly claw and drag any ring or coin into the hand, so there's no need for a magnet…"

While it is so that you need a magnetic coin, I think the Ammar version provides a magnetic nickel I think(?). Just the same, it don't really matter whether you borrow a coin or not, as either specs will provide or you would have your own. Not really a big deal as the trick still comes across as completely impromptu.

Again, I do like some of the things that Bonsall's has tackled in his version, and I agree with my friend Ray here that with the magnet (which would've perhaps made it cost more?) it would be better. Why? Well then it would accommodate both types of coins and or rings, magnetic or not, yours or theirs. :) Of course as it is designed, it does exactly what it's supposed to do (And perhaps might be a better looking little hand as well), but again as originally stated, it does not vanish the coin as in the original trick (which probably is part of the importance of the use of a magnet). ;)

Hence, Bonsall changed the outcome of the effect and made it work in the way he thought to "improve" it. Since really the appearance of the little hand is the real POP! of the trick, what happens to the coin can go whichever way you like and it should still play well enough. :) And the thinking given to better ditch the little hand comfortably is a nice touch. Like I sorta said earlier, I appreciate the progression on this. :)
I've made a slightly updated handling of the Little Hand that starts with a vanish and ends with a different vanish. Thought you guys might enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIMhy1lsjuQ

-Rick