(Close Window)
Topic: Lovely Lucy by Outlaw
A great little porcelin spirit hand for the Spiritus Magnus. Just appeared on the Outlaw site under Golden Gun. I'm going to have to get a Magnus- that's all there is to it. A perfect seance utility to be sure. My wife is going to kill me...
[quote]
On 2010-04-07 21:19, MINDPSYCHIC wrote:
... My wife is going to kill me...
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1yMrYke5v0
Thanks to outlaw and Rick and Vic and some others, it's time for a "My wife is going to kill me" forum here at the Café. Sometimes the business expense answer just doesn't cut it. ;)

Anyone else here try to flank the mailman before he gets to the door with a box? We live in the country so if the UPS truck turns down the drive I look out the window and think OH SH%^*%*%*(^:) I hope she didn't hear that truck.

Good times. I owe the recent ones to outlaw.
I would like to know more about the routines included without the SM board.
Aren't the routines being done by Prof BC? If so, then they should be fantastic!
Try having a major credit card/accounting error that you cannot fix easily and explaining that one!

"Mr. Handa, yes we understand which account you say you wanted to use, but we wouldn't have charged your other account without your permission. This obviously happened from your end and we will not reverse it to put it on your other account. Oh, and if you do dispute this charge, we will put a hold on all activity on your account."

There are times when I really hate the necessary evil that PayPal has become.

There are also times when I'm really glad that I have a loving and understanding wife :)

Chris
I am creating a set of routines for Lovely Lucy, and I have some exciting things planned for you lads who are getting her (including effects for using her OFF the board as well as ON).

Lucy is lovely, by the way. Her movement is subtle (but certain) and you can control the number and speed of the taps. The taps are distinct and can easily be heard from across the room. More, her hand actually lifts UP before tapping. She doesn't simply tip forward. Also, because of the way she's balanced, she sits ROCK STILL on the board before and after moving--no sliding about or other movement that might 'tip' the method.

One note you should also know, while Lovely Lucy in every way looks and feels like aged porcelain, she is actually made of an unbreakable material (which is a plus for those who want to hand her around to potentially butterfingered specs!) This is a fragile-looking prop that will LAST.

That said, I have not been asked to routine the SM board itself. I could, of course--Rick?
Eddie meets Lucy

[url=http://web.me.com/edbain/Lovely_Lucy/Lovely_Lucy.html]Lovely Lucy[/url]
Fantastic addition for the Spiritus---adds so much to the presentation especially since I have a young female spirit in mind.
*** you Roth and your little wooden friend.
[quote]
On 2010-04-14 20:37, RCP wrote:
[/quote]
:lol:

Nice movie. This is definitely my next outlaw effect.
[quote]
On 2010-04-14 20:37, RCP wrote:
[/quote]
Thanks man! Actually she's faux porcelain buddy.

Fits in the SM drawer too :)
Er ah Rick...I think RCP was referring to ME! :)
I am your wooden friend.

Lucy is indeed faux porcelain yet very convincing. She has the weight of a fat victorian baby arm. She looks and feels just right. Subtle taps, less is of course more and all that.
I love Lucy.
Looking forward to Lucy arriving in the mail...when do these ladies start shipping out to folks? Can't wait!
Great Effect.
Order it and waiting to receive it soon!
I PM'd Eddie already about this, but just have to say it publicly. Eddie Garland is a genius.

And, Rick, timing this release to coincide with the 98th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. Inspired!
Agreed, Mr. Garland is indeed a genius. I have used some of his genius to promote one of my programs, and people always compliment my use of his genius.
[quote]
On 2010-04-14 22:02, Eddie Garland wrote:
Er ah Rick...I think RCP was referring to ME! :)
I am your wooden friend.
[/quote]
Yes you are :)
First thing this morning my two year old says, "I want to watch the baby doll hand." So we shall.
Message: Posted by: StPaulMagician222 (Apr 15, 2010 10:16AM)
What a Great video (as always), and so many fun things for SM it is hard to decide which to use in the scheme of 'Less is More'. I am more impressed than I thought I would be with Lovely Lucy. Rapping hands have never been that exciting to me as they seemed too 'Disney Land' for my taste but this little prop with the right presentation could be very creepy. So many options and only 1 or 2 to choose for use during any one performance.

Is LL going to available for immediate shipment or is there a going to be a wait for production?
I think this will be the next thing on my wish list once the few things I still have on order finally arrive.

I have been working overtime working each day with my new Outlaw props as my show has definitely been given a facelift and a 180' spin from this amazing company. I have been working each of them in slowly one at a time and it has been a real treat working with these unusual variations on old and new idea's. My better judgement tells me to just STOP... you have enough for now but it is so hard when these little gems keep being created by Roth and his amazing group of craftsman.

I took WA with me to a barbecue on monday and it sure was a hit. People wondered where I could have found such a wonderful little book. I had a lady in my building (very old) that used to work for 'Llewellyn Publishing' that had given me many items from the time she worked there as well as other unusual things. The WA being one of them, so it became easy when she passed the book and it's story per her "Spirit Guide's advice" onto me before she moved. I did use it as intended but then people after seeing the procedure just started to do it for themselves just to get a truth that would relate to them and it seemed that most of them were just spot on judging by their reactions and nervous laughter. I only piped in once in a while when an 'impression' crossed my mind. I would just write down a word or 2 or a picture on a small folded billet and handed it to them. There are so many variations of revelation and ways to present them that I never had to say anything twice. It was good fun to watch the excitement around the antique version of the magic 8 ball.

k
Great stuff! I love the movement of that beautiful piece.
The first shipment Of Lucy's arrived here today and they will start shipping tomorrow :)
[quote]
On 2010-04-15 16:45, Roth wrote:
The first shipment Of Lucy's arrived here today and they will start shipping tomorrow :)
[/quote]

Bravo!
Can´t wait more ...
Darn this looks so good. I feel even worse about my previous post about the cost. This only proves I was totally of the mark and I am glad I ordered.
Shipped a bunch today. the only ones that didn't ship are ones going with tables that have not shipped yet.
Received my Lovely Lucy in yesterday's mail. Very elegant! Great bogus history story by Professor BC. This is a keeper!
Message: Posted by: StPaulMagician222 (Apr 20, 2010 10:58AM)
I have found that Lovely Lucy works even better on a solid table top.
Sort of a Hand of Cleopatra/ Spin the Bottle sort of activation.
Really Nice Job - Outlaw Team!

I think I might use her more Off the SM board than On.

However- Using SM the 'card revelation technique' would certainly creep anyone out.
It really is erie how Lucy seems to have a pulse of her own when she points to chosen card.

I spoke earlier about my Mother being an antique doll collector and we had all these doll pieces around
all the time when I was a kid. She will probably be able to identify the exact type of doll it came from.
It will be worth the entire price just to watch the reaction on her face when Lucy comes alive right in Her own hand.

Too much fun!

k
So this works without the SM? I must have misunderstood it. I thought it only tapped when activated by the SM. Looks like I should pay attention a little better.
Wayne, it can be activated by other invisible fields.

It is a lovely spirit item.
Got it thanks for the update. I still need to pay attention a little better!
Got this in the mail today! Played with it VERY briefly (on the way back to the hospital to see my new baby boy!) and read the instructions by Prof BC. The hand itself looks quite authentic and has that lovely Outlaw detail that all expect by anything put out by them and their posse. The tapping is very nice and surefire each time. I think just as fun as Lovely Lucy herself is the fact that it ties in to all sorts of different Outlaw stuff (or anything else you can fit it in). Finally, I LOVE the ideas that Prof BC put in the instructions for sample routines! I can already see how I can take some of them and make them my own! The Prof has a gift for coming up with some awesome stuff (just take a look at So Dark!).

Great job once again Rick and Prof BC! Now off to the hospital to see my little boy!

Chad

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs416.snc3/25083_510203727465_198400748_30405299_7132487_n.jpg[/img]
Chad, enjoy EVERY SECOND of the next 18 years--and congrats to you and your bride!
Chad introduces Lovely Laddy!

Congratulations, Chad.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :birthday: to your son Chad
At first I thought you were holding one of your Higleys shrunken heads. Then I realized two things. First, way too cute to be a Higley, and second, theres a body attached to it!
Many Congrats on your new addition!!!!
Necro, that made my wife and me laugh! That was great.

Conga rats Chad!

JLJ
I did think of putting the heads in some blankets with my little boy mixed in...

My little girl (almost 3) makes me put on Eddie's Lucy video with the volume up while she sits at the table with the sm and our Lucy - she then tells it to tap in time with the one on Eddie's video - it's hilarious!
For those still around, does anyone have any follow-up information about Lucy? How have you been using it now that you've had it for a year? Any breakage? Just curious
No problems with it. Toss a cloth over her and watch the dance.
Lucy is sturdy and always ready to perform. You have to hand it to her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5fjUFqbAGY
Lol nice Eddie. You're proving the old maxim that Eddies are just funnier
Is lovely lucy not being made anymore? Icannot find the button to push on Outlaw effects site!
James
I ordered bad Lucy at end of January. It has recently been remove from the site. Might only be offering bad Lucy in future since most orders were for her. Contact Roth for the accurate details.
Glad I got my "lovely"
I'll have to wait I suppose.....
Thanks for the replies,
James
The Lucy line has been discontinued. Each one took me the better part of three days to sculpt, balance, and decorate, so I have retired the lovely (and bad) lady after making #50.
*cries*
[quote]
On 2012-03-30 10:39, PROF BC wrote:
The Lucy line has been discontinued. Each one took me the better part of three days to sculpt, balance, and decorate, so I have retired the lovely (and bad) lady after making #50.
[/quote]

*Breathes heavy sigh of relief*
Hmmm... I ordered lucy in June 2011 and still not received it. Rick - you haven't replied to my last email.

Mark
[quote]
On 2012-03-30 16:32, keeblem wrote:
Hmmm... I ordered lucy in June 2011 and still not received it. Rick - you haven't replied to my last email.

Mark
[/quote]
Sent you a PM Mark.
I'm so sorry I missed out on this one!
I can't believe how much I need this now that I know I can't get one.
Here, Here steven-gibson. My thoughts exactly. Maybe if we gang up on Rick......peer pressure kind of thing.....what'cha think?

Pete
[quote]
On 2012-03-30 16:32, keeblem wrote:

Mark
[/quote]

Hey Rick, if keeblem doesn't want it, you know my address.

Otherwise count me in as one of the Gang Up Gang.
I want to thank B.C. for the run of Lovely Lucy.
B.C. is an invaluable asset to Outlaw as a creator, editor and adviser.

Phantoms was a delight to host. Darkspell is coming to an end and was great fun to be a part of.
B.C. has a very demanding schedule and commitments world wide.

That said, there is still a need for a rapping hand that will fit in the Hobbs box.

I had a contingent plan for the end of the Lucy run and B.C. has given his blessing on it. It will not be a tiny doll hand like Lucy, but it will be a rapping hand that will fit in the Hobbs box.

The prototype is being developed and at this point I do not think it will fit in the Spiritus Magnus drawer.

More soon.

[b][i]Every day, every hour, this very minute perhaps, dark forces are at work here to bring great things to the bizarre community[/i][/b]

Prof B.C. is such a force
"May,the Force be With You!"...
My wife saw the Lucy demo and thought it was the most creepy thing because it was a doll's hand. She's very jaded, but thought it was one of the coolest things she has ever seen. Please-o-please make a few more.
I plan to sell my Lovely Lucy, but can't recall what I paid for it new. Anyone know Roth's sale price on this, back when it was available?
@marknem7,

I believe it was $25.
I'll Paypal you $30 right now...PM me.

(It was worth a shot)
[quote]
On 2013-01-01 22:18, RandyScott wrote:
@marknem7,

I believe it was $25.
I'll Paypal you $30 right now...PM me.

(It was worth a shot)
[/quote]
Lol