(Close Window)
Topic: Making Expanded S[..l Tutorial
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone is interested in making their own coin gaffs especially expanded S[..l. Since I have done some experiments and managed to make my own - let me know if anyone is interested. Let's make it happens

PM me and see if many people are interested and I will organise a DIY page.

Thanks
To make an Expanded shell coin, one needs a miniture metal cutting lathe. This is a very difficult skill to aquire. I see you are relative new on the Café from your count. If you are thinking of exposing gimmick coin manufacture on the Café, it is against the rules. Of course you can set up your own web site and do whatevery you wish, if that is what you are considering.
Sarjito,
Set up your own web site and let us know when it is ready.
MR
Interested? Yes. Hopeful? No.

I believe [b]wmhegbli[/b] is correct, in that it requires equipment most of us do not possess (although I have made some very passable hooked coins in the past).

I’ll side with [b]MR[/b] here. Set up a site, and let us know. There are many posting here who frequently refer to their own sites. It’s a system that seems to work.

Don
Thanks for lettingme know guys, yes, I'm new and I do not have any negative intension to expose anyone/ company at all. Just want to share info with people.
Thanks for the advise and remind me about it. I definitely not intending of doing any harm to any.

so, can I post the link in the forum?

Thanks
I'm interested in any kind of knowledge, please do.
Ray
I'd like to see it also. I do not have a metal lathe, but a close friend does. :)
Count me in!
Just to tease us, how many collets in your system, and how many different bits are involved?
[quote]
On 2011-10-11 13:46, jay leslie wrote:
Just to tease us, how many collets in your system, and how many different bits are involved?
[/quote]

Have you got a website up and running yet?
I have an EMCO Compact 5 and would love to be able to do some gaffed coin work.
Doug