(Close Window)
Topic: Live from FFFF Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
I am hoping to broadcast live from FFFF at 10PM ET starting Wednesday night and continuing each night at 10PM until Saturday. It will depend on the quality of the internet connection at the hotel which is, as of yet, untested. It would be fun to have TSD members involved, so track me down Wed if you're interested.

I'm going to ask some of the attendees to sit in and perform a trick and say hello to the viewers. Because my camera and laptop are battery powered, I can also roam around and have a free form show that might be fun to watch.

I'm using uStream.tv as the source of the broadcast. My website is hooked in and there is a link on the homepage. So you can go to http://www.mallofmagic.com, click the link and then begin watching. You can also go to uStream.tv and look up the show "Card Corner Live from FFFF." I'm using a Canon Vixia HV40 as the source of the video so the picture should be good. I'm also using Adobe Media Live Encoder at the front end which enhances the quality a lot.

When I have experimented at home, the picture is very good, even at full screen. But I have Comcast cable cranking at 22 Mb/s. I should be able to test things out tomorrow afternoon. If it sucks, I'll post that the show if off. Otherwise we'll be on the air at 10PM ET Wednesday. The lecture should be over by then.

Mike
That's great news. Ill be watching for sure. I havent been to FFFF since it was at the Forks.
Thanks again, Mike!
This sounds like a great idea -- thanks for taking the time to set all of this stuff up (or at least for trying!). I am sure it will be watched by many of us (especially us "students of magic")! Good luck.
What a wonderful idea! Thanks for all of your efforts in promoting magic for the rest of us.

Jim
Mike - this is great news.

I understand Friday night's lineup is suppose to be outstanding with a number of performers from outside the U.S. (providing they can get flights).

Looking forward to the broadcasts.
See You there Mike! :)
Thanks Mike
I LOVE IT!

Joseph
Nice ... Howie is one of my favorite people. Great seeing everyone. Keep up the good work and please tell Howie I said hello.

Hope to see you again tomorrow night.
Hey Mike,

great job... sorry I can't be there this year... give my best to the boys!
D
I'd really like to be there. Thanks for the link.
Was there sound tonight. I couldn't get any at my end but I enjoyed seeing the audience shots and realize that we are all getting really old. Incredible.

Thanks Mike.
I learned a lot about trying to do live coverage this year. After some problems on Wed we got on the air for about 40 minutes. Tim Ellis, Vic Trabucco, Eric Jones, Howie Schwartzman and others sat in, did tricks and talked. It was very good. Unfortunately it didn't record so that people could watch it later. We probably lost the audience at the outset due to our connection getting broken.

Thursday we were up at 10PM for about 40 min. But as mentioned above, the sound didn't come through! Ouch. Bob Sheets gave me permission to put his performance on the air. That was worth waiting for, but the lack of sound killed any interest.

The shows started going really long Fri and Sat. I think Sat the show was 3.5 hrs! Scott Wells and Ryan Swigert had the right idea - use an iPhone and record short items that people can watch any time. That's what I'll be doing next time.

I really thought that LIVE would be cool but I think that LIVE and RECORDED so that anyone can watch later is clearly the way to go. I had a very good Canon camera with firewire to my computer. I used Adobe Media Live Encoder to create a high quality stream to uStream. The picture quality was excellent and could be viewed full screen.

Anyway, I learned a lot and will try to do some coverage this summer at the Abbott's Get Together. I'll get it right this time!

Thanks for tuning in.

Mike
Great. It can only get better. I for one will be looking 4ward to Abbotts.
Can't wait to attend for my first time this year.
Mike, there are actually going to be live performers there?? Wow.. :rotf: See ya on Wednesday
I am so glad there are live performers this year also. The stuffed ones were getting hard to move around and they kept hogging all the beer.

Richard
I resemble that remark!

Brad
No, but Bob Rees and you make a great set of Hippty Hop rabbits!!

Richard
Hmm, that could be funny. All we need are two Giant Top Hats now and we may be able to upstage Rocco on Saturday night.
Craig,
We did do this at the Battle one year. We used box from Twin mattresses for the covers. It was a riot.

Richard
Home Depot, plastic garbage pails. Of wait, they don't make em that big, maybe Mr Turtle Pools :)
And away we go. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
See you guys tomorrow night!
Oh yeah!
Was one of the best ever. Brad, thanks for the laughs and love.
Craig, Brad, Eric, Corbett, Richard and Mike:
It was simply incredible. And I'm honored to have taken part. Meeting you guys was great, and I hope for a repeat performance next year.
I thought the magic was excellent this year.

Corbett, your performance was stellar. You should be proud.

Craig, good to see you again.

Eric, your magic is at such a high level. Good to see you.

It was great to spend time with many old friends and some new friends. Cannot wait until next year.
Same to you Steve. Great meeting you. What a great weekend.

John, thanks for your kind words.