(Close Window)
Topic: Looking for Oragami effects.
I know there are a few but I was curious if there are more out there. I know Michaels Close's Rabbit trick, Frog Prince, DG's Butterfly. Im looking with bills and card effects. Also if people have different handlings of the before mentioned those would be great to hear as well. I love Frog Prince but am looking for a cleaner (JEDI) move.
You might want to check out Frog Tales by Robert E. Neale. Available from L & L Publishing.
Oooohh Aaaaaah Bird from Michael Close!
Folding Money Fooling by Robert E. Neale - Book

How To Make Entertaining Novelties From Dollar Bills

Would you like to learn how to easily fold amazing origami models, and then entertain with them? Robert E. Neale's Folding Money Fooling contains 13 easily constructed models, all using paper money. Robert's verbal and pictorial descriptions make learning every detail of these models easy.

From Robert E. Neale's Preface: "This book contains twenty new and novel models that perform in these amusingly unexpected ways; all are folded from dollar bills. They are created for adults, but many will entertain children-especially the finger puppets in Puppet Poetry and the tale illustrated with many different shapes in A Boy's Modest Adventure. A rabbit pops out of a top hat in Bunny Bill, a model popular among magicians."

Chapter Listing:

Actions
An Economic Comment
Fluttering Butterfly
Puppet Poetry
Billfrog
Pearching Parrot
Heart Homily
Crane in Flight
A Boy's Modest Adventure
Puzzles
Crossed Doubly
Seven Clever Bills
Hyperflex
Baffling Bill Braid
Tricks
Stretch A Bill
Presidential Portrait
Wormo
The Contrary Ones
Snake Basket
Pyramid of Immortality
Rabbit Redux
Bunny Bill
Oakes' Standing Bunny
Harris' Bunnies
I believe there's one called "instant origami" which is on a Jay Sankey video (Sankey 1999) - no doubt re-released on DVD!
The color changing hexagon is basically a paper folding trick.

It has been laminated and is an inside-out folding routine that produces six colors from a two-sided hexagon.
Could someone explain the effect [i]“Pyramid of Immortality”[/i] by Robert E. Neale (found in the book [b]Folding Money Fooling[/b]). The name has peaked my curiosity. Thank you in advance.

~ Nyama ~
Http://www.lybrary.com/magic-paper-paper-money-c-21_42.html

There are several in a series of "Impossible Foldings" and one (on the 2nd page) "Paper Folding Stories for Magicians" that I have considered in the past. Just have not had the ambition to take on another hobby yet. (I think origami will take a lot of practice).
Thom Peterson has a fun table hopping effect on his Penguin Live lecture.
I know you are looking for bill and card effects but I have performed something called Origamagic Crane to good reaction. SEOMagic looks like they are one supplier although I got it from a brick and mortar shop when I was visiting the U.S. I'm not sure how widely known it is but I think it started off as a fun spectacle lens cleaning gimmick.
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Aug 26, 2016 08:07PM)
Take a look at my "Card Cube" effect from Alakazam Magic Limited.
That might interest you!
Cheers!
I used the very ancient TROUBLE WIT, for years, in my school assembly program. I presented it as ORIGAMI. The kids liked it, and, the TEACHERS, also!

You can make one! Check out the late Frank Herman's book on TROUBLE WIT, published by Magic Inc. (30 years ago!)

Jim Reilly (New Zealand) made great T Wits. Stage size and parlor size!
Michael Close's rabbit and Frog Prince are both fun and easy.
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Aug 27, 2016 12:33PM)
There are some mentalism effects with a cootie catcher
It's not bills or cards, but looks cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eMk84x8hBg
Sometimes I do Pat Pages "Easy Money and use my innermost bill to make an (pre-folded and unfolded) elephant. It folds quickly because of the latent folds.

Being an Elephant, it makes a nice remembrance gift for the Birthday Child. This helps take the heat off the other bills (not that that is really a problem).

Having the option offers a nice way lengthen or shorten the show due to time issues.

Once I did this in a house where they had a line of carved elephants in descending size and my elephant fit perfectly as the next smaller size, sweet.

-Mary Mowder
This immediately reminds me of Frog Prince. But when it comes to "origami style" effects, Robert Neale is the person to go to.

"Celebration of sides" was amazing for me, and he also has other releases that are brilliant.
Look into Michael Close's workers

You can get 1 - 5 as a complete set, instant download

It has several effects using origami
Don't forget Dan Harlan's Starcle.
Wonderland Dollar . It is topologically based but there is folding going on.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S7542

-Mary Mowder
Thom Peterson's book, Magic Justice, has a good effect called , "Rock, Paper,Rabbit".
Very cool trick with good humor.....
Now I am looking for a quick fold bunny.."...anyone?
Shooz
Yes indeed, I second Dan Harlan's Starcle. What a wonderful piece.
May as well mention "FoldCup." A magazine sheet is folded into a tent-like hat while spectators roll up paper balls or dollar bills.

You can then do "one cup" like a Chop Cup or "One in pocket," etc. -- many possible effects since the tent has a built-in feature that can retain or release a ball at will.

At the end you can gift it to a spectator.
Had no idea there were so many origami effects out there! Years ago I had a couple folding bill origami books, but never thought of using them in an effect... used to leave them as tips at restaurants for the waitress.

Will have to check these references out. Do you preform the bills to make assembling them quicker in front of the audience?

Gary
The Cootie Catcher can be used as a forcing device.

-Mary Mowder
While the Rabbit in hat would not be a good candidate, if you can find a simple bunny fold, it could work for a quick fold.

Pre-fold and unfold the bunny. you will find that with practice you will be able to re-fold the bunny quickly.

I do it with the elephant bill and it works very well.

-Mary Mowder
This one looks fairly simple.

https://www.pinterest.com/LaraGHanson/origami/

-Mary Mowder
There is simple and beautiful origami butterfly from dollar bill effect by Danny Garcia on the Guerilla Guide to Loops dvd that uses the gimmick to create a wonderfully subtle and surreal finish.
Somewhere I have an trick in which two different colored papers are folded into an intersecting cross -- they move about freely.

Yet, when unfolded it is a single piece of paper. I'll keep an eye out for it.
Not sure what it is called.
Cocktail Napkin Rose is due for a comeback.
Hey everyone,
Just found is again.
Thanks everyone for all the helpful responses.
It's appreciated
Shooz
I use Greg Wilson's 24-Karat Fold a lot.

I also use Robert Neale's Bunny Bill to reveal a card. I usually will have a tiny cutout of a forced card glued to the bunny's head. Then, I can pop out the head, which reveals their card.
Michael Close has a brilliant trick with a pack of matches that you actually open up and strike a match.
later in the trick, the matches unfold and are just a piece of paper. I always loved that trick.

He also has the origami bunny ears from a cocktail napkin which I've done many many times.