(Close Window)
Topic: MiraclESPell vs P-PIK Cards
Just read the info regarding miraclESPell by David Goodsell. It sounds awfully close to the set-up for the P-PIK Prediction cards which is an excellent effect. Anyone familiar with this item by Goodsell?
From the descreption it exactly sounds like Becker's Reflecta-Thot.
http://davidgoodsellmagic.com/id3.html
Message: Posted by: davidgoodsellmagic (Sep 3, 2010 01:36PM)
MiraclESPell grew out of One Word in 500 published by the late David Altman in MUM in the 1980s, for which he won the Guest Award. He credited Larry Becker, Howard Adams, Stewart James, jack London and Phil Goldstein, credits which appear in the first paragraph of my instruction booklet. In 1990 David gave me permission to use it in my lecture. A few years ago, shortly before his death, he gave me permission to market it. The method, which is exactly as Altman devised it (adding to the ideas of others) is a means for me to share my thoughts on fishing for letters in a thought transference effect. My presentation and my analysis of that presentation is really my contribution, for what little it might be worth, to not only One Word in 500, but possibly many similar effects.

Hope this clarifies some of this. -- David Goodsell
Message: Posted by: davidgoodsellmagic (Sep 3, 2010 01:40PM)
As a postscript. I am not personally familiar with P-PIK or the specifics of Becker's Reflecta-Thot. I probably should be, but I'm not.

David Goodsell
[quote]
On 2010-04-25 06:28, Gabor wrote:
From the descreption it exactly sounds like Becker's Reflecta-Thot.
http://davidgoodsellmagic.com/id3.html
[/quote]

I agree, appears to be exacly the same.
It's in Larry Becker's book "SuperWorld of Mentalism I".

Thanks for bring this to my attention. I will make up a set. Didn't realize this little gem was in there. I going to have to go over the book again.

JerryB