(Close Window)
Topic: Bad to the Balloon Put to the test
A Few weeks ago I purchased Bad to the Balloon Vol 1 from Mark, Today I had a magic show to follow with Balloons for 39 Kids age 4-10yr olds, I put Bad to the Balloon to the test, The Mother of the Birthday child was in Love with the Balloon Hats That I made. At the end of the Party I was given a $50.00 Tip. Generaly I get $20.00 maybe $25.00 tips however in the 25 or so years I have been performing Magic I can not remember a $50.00 tip.
With That said The Tip I recieved Alone was double what I paid for The DVD
Thank You Mark for putting out such a Great Product
And I want to thank the Balloon Twisters on the Café for talking me into purchasing this dvd from Mark
Bob
Message: Posted by: Bad to the Balloon (May 2, 2010 01:32PM)
Your welcome Bob .... I accept tips too. I even have an online tip button!!!

http://web.mac.com/markballoonguy/Balloonguy.net/Weekly_Public_Performances.html
I agree Bob, Mark has some great stuff out there!
[quote]
On 2010-05-01 20:27, MagicB1S wrote:
A Few weeks ago I purchased Bad to the Balloon Vol 1 from Mark, Today I had a magic show to follow with Balloons for 39 Kids age 4-10yr olds, I put Bad to the Balloon to the test, The Mother of the Birthday child was in Love with the Balloon Hats That I made. At the end of the Party I was given a $50.00 Tip. Generaly I get $20.00 maybe $25.00 tips however in the 25 or so years I have been performing Magic I can not remember a $50.00 tip.
With That said The Tip I recieved Alone was double what I paid for The DVD
Thank You Mark for putting out such a Great Product
And I want to thank the Balloon Twisters on the Café for talking me into purchasing this dvd from Mark
Bob
[/quote]

39 kids WOW! Now that a lot of sculptures to make!

Marks stuff is great for that type of thing. When you have 39 kids and an hour to make it happen you can't spend 5 minutes on each kid. Granted we all wanna make the cool complicated stuff but when you have 39 kids you just don't have time to do it. Marks stuff looks good and are really fast.
Kevinr I had two hours to do the balloons however yes it was a lot of twisting. when I first got involved with twisting I wanted to put what I was doing to the test and do some advertising so I went to a local event and twisted some balloons, I twisted for almost 4 hours the kids just kept on coming, I was running out of balloons and at the end of the day I estimate that I twisted for almost 200 kids my hands were so sore the next day. I have not done an event that big since that day, When this person called originaly they told me about 50 kids, I was having flashbacks to about a year ago and the line of kids that just wouldnt go away.
I also use several of Marks balloons. Today I had a birthday party and 4 girls all wanted flamingo hats. 'Are you sure?' I asked, 'I could make you a princess hat, I could make you a frog on a lily pad hat.' Nope, they all wanted flamingo hats. Recently I did an publicity event where I just twisted for gratuity and handed out flyers. Nevertheless, I still made $20 - $25 an hour in gratuity and I used several of Mark's hats.

There are only two hats that I make by other artists that compare with Mark's work. That is an alien hat that rides your shoulders, Kevin Stillman originated this I think? And a monkey that rides your shoulders by Don Caldwell.
The alien hat was Ken Stillman
Message: Posted by: Bad to the Balloon (May 29, 2010 10:39PM)
[quote]
On 2010-05-22 19:50, Perry D Winkle wrote:
I also use several of Marks balloons. Today I had a birthday party and 4 girls all wanted flamingo hats. 'Are you sure?' I asked, 'I could make you a princess hat, I could make you a frog on a lily pad hat.' Nope, they all wanted flamingo hats. Recently I did an publicity event where I just twisted for gratuity and handed out flyers. Nevertheless, I still made $20 - $25 an hour in gratuity and I used several of Mark's hats.

There are only two hats that I make by other artists that compare with Mark's work. That is an alien hat that rides your shoulders, Kevin Stillman originated this I think? And a monkey that rides your shoulders by Don Caldwell.
[/quote]

Thank you!!!
I am still waiting for Bad to the Balloon 3! Come on, what is it going to take for you to do one more?
Message: Posted by: Bad to the Balloon (Jun 9, 2010 07:51AM)
1,000 pre orders would be great!!!
+1 Pre-order here, Mark and this time I will buy from you directly, when I bought 1&2 I bought from my balloon supplier as I didn't know you sold it directly. I wasn't on the forum long enough and hadn't read your posts about buying from you.
#2 pre order here! Where's the signup?
Message: Posted by: Bad to the Balloon (Jun 10, 2010 01:20AM)
[quote]
On 2010-06-09 19:42, iwillfoolu wrote:
#2 pre order here! Where's the signup?
[/quote]

#2 is available NOW

#3 is one that needs pre-orders
#3 pre order here
Count me in.....
Hey Mark put the Motorcycle hat you showed us on #3 I think that was really good.

Any chance you doing and big 10 balloon creations as a special on it?
Message: Posted by: Bad to the Balloon (Jun 12, 2010 02:30AM)
[quote]
On 2010-06-12 00:14, Kevinr wrote:
Hey Mark put the Motorcycle hat you showed us on #3 I think that was really good.

Any chance you doing and big 10 balloon creations as a special on it?
[/quote]

Huh?? my first DVD had 12 and #2 had 13 .... what do you mean?
When you were in Denver you made this quick motorcycle hat. Not on any of your videos. That was a cool one. You should stick that on the new video number 3.

Also I was wondering if you are going to put any of your larger "show stopper" designs on video # 3?
Message: Posted by: Robert//Livingston (Jun 13, 2010 10:58PM)
So Mark,

Hopefully this doesn't veer too off topic, but I recently bought 'Balloon School' and pretty much have all that stuff down. Would you recommend your 'Bad the the Balloon' DVD for a skill level such as mine?

Also, is there a difference if I buy from PenguinMagic or you directly?
Message: Posted by: Bad to the Balloon (Jun 14, 2010 11:19AM)
[quote]
On 2010-06-13 23:58, Robert//Livingston wrote:
So Mark,

Hopefully this doesn't veer too off topic, but I recently bought 'Balloon School' and pretty much have all that stuff down. Would you recommend your 'Bad the the Balloon' DVD for a skill level such as mine?

Also, is there a difference if I buy from PenguinMagic or you directly?
[/quote]

BAD TO THE BALLOON was originally intended for anyone able to make a teddy bear or better. (ear twists, recognizing proportions)

However it has gotten quite a rep as a fast trackway of learning balloons and doing balloons that impress people.

Buying from me directly is ways more profitable for me ... thank you for asking.

I have a special on another thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=367361&forum=181&11
Any other special deals in sight? ;)
Message: Posted by: Bad to the Balloon (Aug 24, 2010 09:10PM)
Sigh!!!! not enough I put out a awesome product now you want a deal?? Alright

Free shipping for one month on Bad to the Balloon #1 or #2 or both.

Since I am a bit lazy... I will slip a $5 bill in with your orders. Because otherwise I have to change my paypal parameters. It will bill you $30 but you will pay $25.

Buy Both at the same time and save us both the effort and $10

Use a the code : FFM (Free for ME) in the note section on your order no code no discount!!!

http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon

This expires midnight on Sept 24th