(Close Window)
Topic: Fab Fruit Common Cup Comparison
It's no secret that I love the Fab Fruit and for a while now when speaking to people about it a common question has been how much clearance there is with a particular cup?

I decided to start a pictorial reference for people here: http://tinyurl.com/28fvwh7

Hope it helps...

Bri
Good work Bri.

Thank you for this.
Nice! I plan to get some fab fruit soon.

The pics are helpful!

thanks
Thanks guys! There's a review of the Fab Fruit on the site too magiclimber if that's any use to you.

Bri
There is a fellow who makes latex props for the movies who wants to break into the artificial fruit for loads business. He is also a juggler. The problem is that he doesn't understand what we need. He thinks we need collapsible fruit.

We don't. We need fruit that doesn't talk and that looks enough like the real thing that the specs won't question it.
That's the thing I love about fab Fruit Bill, you hit the nail on the head (as usual.)

I've yet to see the Jedinat Zaubershop fruit in the flesh (only in your museum), I think that looks pretty good though.

Bri
I am glad you have comparison to the various cups.
Great job Bri
Mobius
Thanks Mike!

Bri
[quote]
On 2010-05-09 14:20, mindyourmagic wrote:
That's the thing I love about fab Fruit Bill, you hit the nail on the head (as usual.)

I've yet to see the Jedinat Zaubershop fruit in the flesh (only in your museum), I think that looks pretty good though.

Bri
[/quote]

It is very good. It is also quite large, so you really need a jumbo cup for it. It's really fun trying to get it through customs. You have to convince them that it is fake fruit.
Ha! I can just imagine that! "Have you anything to declare?"

"Well...."
Thanks for spending the time to make this reference.

Fab Fruits are one of the best final loads that one can use.

[quote]
On 2010-05-09 13:57, Bill Palmer wrote:
There is a fellow who makes latex props for the movies who wants to break into the artificial fruit for loads business. He is also a juggler. The problem is that he doesn't understand what we need. He thinks we need collapsible fruit.

We don't. We need fruit that doesn't talk and that looks enough like the real thing that the specs won't question it.
[/quote]

Did he started making any, Bill?
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (May 15, 2010 10:58AM)
A quick update...

For some reason, last week everything remotely relating to IT went haywire and nobody could work out what it was. At one point everything on all of the websites vanished and I had no access to email whatsoever.

Also, many of the links stopped working too. While the site has been restored, many links are still causing people problems.

Just in case, here is the working link:

Michael Ammar Fab Fruit Common Cup Comparison:
http://www.cupsandballsmagic.com/Fab-Fruit-Common-Cup-Comparison.html

Bri
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (May 15, 2010 01:28PM)
Just added the House of Veroni cups.
Bri
I just got a tomato and its noticeably smaller than the other fruit.

I think the lime looks the best.
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (May 30, 2010 10:25AM)
The lemon is the smallest of the fruit I have. I think they all look great but I do agree the lime looks "fab!"

Bri
[quote]
On 2010-05-09 21:23, yin_howe wrote:
Thanks for spending the time to make this reference.

Fab Fruits are one of the best final loads that one can use.

[quote]
On 2010-05-09 13:57, Bill Palmer wrote:

[/quote]

Did he started making any, Bill?
[/quote]

Not solid ones.
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (May 30, 2010 12:12PM)
I picked up a latex lemon (though not from the guy mentioned, it was from Twister magic.) I didn't buy it for the cups and balls but for something else (no use for that either) the add read;

"the lemon that looks 100% real! You can even show it a few inches away from your spectators."

Not so! I would only use it on stage.

Bri
Some of these artificial fruits have seams that are very obvious. Not so with the Ammar Fab Fruit.

Michael doesn't just buy prefabricated fruit. He actually has people who make this kind of stuff submit samples to him, then he goes about getting them to make versions that are really suitable for what we do. I have a prototype peach that he recently had made up.
I bought some realistic looking artificial fruit sometime back from a firm that specializes in displays for restaurants. They look great and were cheap, which was also great. However, they won't fit in my Jefferson cups or any of my magic cups except the Riser Jumbos. The width was fine, but the height wasn't. They also have the distinct disadvantage of being too light. I appreciate Bri's research and photos. Anyone who uses this type load will hopefully learn from all the testimonials here and Bri's research and not make the same mistake I made.
The good artificial fruit for cups, like Fab Fruit, is solid and heavy, and made of silicone, not latex.
Hi, you can use some latex fruits from http://www.magiclatex.com/

Best regards

Felix
Thanks Dale. Felix, look at what Bill, Whit, Dale and others have posted before simply trying to push your site. Solid fruit for final loads, latex is not appropriate.
Hello Felix:

It looks like your fruit would be good for production items and for the vanishing bird cage. However, we don't need collapsible fruit for final loads. What we need is solid fruit.
As a side note, I bought a lemon from Twister for another idea (not final loads.) I would only use it on stage. It looks very different animal from the photographs on the Twister site, maybe Felix makes better products?

[img]http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/cupsandballsmagic/763b3845.jpg[/img]
Ok, Sorry cupsandballsmagic, my intention was trying to help you in this forum . I have also fruits that are not very collapsible, because when you make latex products some of them are more harder, but you are the expert in cups and balls , sorry again
and sorry also for my english.

best regards

Felix
Felix, please don't apologise to me, I was simply pointing out a fact that perhaps you had not considered. I dabble, Bill's the expert ;)

Bri
Dean Dill may soon be getting some INCREDIBLE real looking foam tennis balls. The gent with the samples showed us you could stuff six or more into a cup. When these become available will let you know.
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (Aug 10, 2010 10:44AM)
Pete, will these be suitable for the Finn Jon routine?

Bri
Pete - please ask Dean to quit having interesting things happen at the shop until I return - or at least until I can pop in for a quick visit in January on my way back to the UK. I don't want to miss anything awesome.
Not sure about the Finn Jon routine as there is no ShL.
The "ShL" can probably be made from a real tennisball, if yu can find one that looks identical to the foamballs.

Bjørn
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (Aug 11, 2010 05:31AM)
Good point Bjorn, watching Finn do tihs (and pretty much everything else he does!) is pure magic.
The foamballs look exactly like the real thing... so go from there. I will ask Dean when they will be in stock when I see him today.
Dean says the manufacturer is shipping samples, but doesn't know when they'll be on sale.
I will "stay tooned"!

Bjørn