(Close Window)
Topic: Card2Phone - Magic App for iPhone/iPod Touch
[b]Card2Phone - Magic[/b]
I've just released this Magic app for iPhone and iPod touch. I'd love to hear what you think about it!

Make a chosen card or coin appear inside your iPhone. Shake the card around. Magically pull the card out off your iPhone and show that it is the chosen card. You can even choose a custom background.

You can use in your routine with a mercury-folded card.
It's also posible to use coins as well.

iTunes Link: [url]http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/card2phone-magic/id372047576?mt=8[/url]

[b]Review - by Zac [5 stars][/b]
[quote]This app is great! I can use it in so many if my street performance magic. It's a great way to open up to the trick Torn by Daniel Garcia, or Sick by Ponta the Smith. Also it's really nice quality, I think if your just going to download it because it looks cool it's not worth it. But if your going to put it into your magic routine it's amazing! It could be a trick opener or like have a perdiction written on the card and pull it out. There are endless possibilities and it's well worth it if your a magician.[/quote]

[img]http://card2phone.halskov.com/img/promo.jpg[/img]
New video for Card2Phone - So visual!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p9rgn0Z0f74" frameborder="0"></iframe>
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9rgn0Z0f74]New video for Card2Phone - So visual! [/url]
That could be an interesting idea if you could also program it for face-up cards, used in conjunction with a force.
It already works with 4 of hearts and 5 of spades.

But your are right :)
I have no Iphone or an Ipad.
However, this trick I find worth while !
Very nice and it opens a lot of possibilities, especially with a cardindex that you make for "already mercury-folded" cards.
You can't let sign the card but you have not to steal and to "mercury" :) and everything is clean.
I recently updated this app to the latest version via the iTunes store, and now I can't seem to get to the opening page where you choose which object will appear under the glass screen. The app goes directly to the trick.

Can anyone help? I've sent a PM to the app's creator but got no response.

Thanks!
Jerry
And I just heard from the creator, Jakob Halskov, who told me: "You can get back by tapping the screen three times when you are in the trick." Indeed you can.

This is a great app, and perfect for using with Cosmo Solano's Q.

Cheers,
Jerry
If you don't have an iPhone or a apparatus like that: take a foto of a card with your normal mobile phone. Force this card to a spec. Send him by SMS the photo you took, while saying: 'I think you draw this card.'

Or show the photo from your phone. If you use a pop eye popper deck, the force card is not in the deck anymore, but it dematerialized into your phone.

No app needed.
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for sharing the tip.

Have a great day,
Jakob
I watched the demo and this looks really neat. Do you have any other cool apps in the works, Jakob? Also, a version for Android would be cool.
Thanks Stephen!

I'm working on a few improvements on Card2Phone and a instructional video for it.
Might create it for android.

I have a few other ideas in mind for future apps.

Have a great day,

Jakob Halskov
Just got an ipad a few weeks ago and then just picked up this app...works great.

Thanks

Jakob
Great to hear! Have fun with it and please remeber to leave a review in the App Store, thanks :)
I left a review yesterday as a matter of fact 5 big stars to you. have had it for a while and love it on both iphone and ipad mini. A couple small items I would like to see is another tail side of a Morgan with darkening similar to the heads one and a heads side of an older quarter (pre-state quarters) and maybe tails side of new pennies - the shield. Just a few ideas for the future updates. I am not a programmer so I don't know if its as simple as adding a picture to the current code or if it very very involved. Anyway, Thanks for the wonderful (and extremely useable) app. :)
Thanks!!
Please send an email via the app including images of the coins you wish to be added. It makes things easier for us.
Jakob
Just downloaded this app and is so visual, so amazing. Always needed this kind of trick for a climax to one of my card routines. I would totally recommend this to any magician
Yes, people really love this. In a way it annoys the hell out of me, but for the general public it is superb.
[quote]
On 2013-01-19 09:27, tomsk192 wrote:
Yes, people really love this. In a way it annoys the hell out of me, but for the general public it is superb.
[/quote]

I think I kind of know where you are coming from, but what specifically annoys you about it?
Heh, probably that it relies on a bit of obvious machinery. The machine in question can play film, so the possibility is there for method.

However, it bloody well kills. I have the coin [my preference] in there for a couple of seconds max. In, out, bam.

It makes me feel dirty ;)
That's a good point but just like everything else, We, as magicians, do well - comes with scrutiny from the spec. This is "just another cool gaff" but I always have it handy - a no brainier in my opinion.

I was thinking that maybe the apprehension was along the lines of "any layperson can download it" while this is true anyone who went to that much trouble to seek out magic apps on his phone no less, is generally interested in magic and may be someone you yourself could mentor. As for those who may find tha app after the fact - they could do the same thing by going to a magic shop after seeing a floating dollar, a svengully routine or a basic thumb tip vanish. Any magic shop would be happy to sell to anyone who can reach the counter with a dollar bill. :)

I like it for what it is - a quickie one trick gaff then put it away. I certainly wouldn't rely on it for every revelation in my entire act ( even though it could realistically be done) :)
Yes, that's a good point! I haven't worried too much about people finding the app for the reasons you expressed. And I agree, it is a great quickie: I [i]do[/i] use this, honest!
Hi guys,

Thanks; it is interesting to read you thoughts and hear what you think about C2P.

I know the app in theory is quite simple, but I can tell you that a lot of bigger names in Denmark, Canada, Japan and USA; including David Blaine are using the app in their everyday work :)

You are always welcome to contact me via the in-app contact button if you have any feedback or suggestions on how to improve the app.

Sincerely,
Jakob Halskov, CEO at Halskov Apps
Will there be finally an android version? Don't want to carry my ipod with me all the time.
Regards
Nico
Android?
Push for Android :)
I have been playing around with this after getting it today,i love it ,I have been doing a basic force a card routine for a while now with just a photo set up on my iphone and take out candy from the phone aswell but this app rocks.Question I do notice on a vidio that a whole face of a card can be used,but I can not find it and I have just got the pro app aswell,anyone?,all the best.
Shane
REGARDING ANDROID version of C2P

I am aware of that a lot of you are interested in getting Card2Phone on the Android Platform - During the past year I haven't been able to do much work due to private issues; at the same time I have had a friend to work on the Android version (as I only do iOS coding) but he let me down some time ago.

So I will give Android development a shot in 2014 and start of by making a simple version of C2P and if people show interest I will continue the development of it.

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Jakob Halskov, CEO at HalskovApps.
My daughter just came in with her boyfriend,he was drinking from a small bottle of coke,i said can I have the lid a moment and told them about mixing reality with cartoon type graphic's .I placed the lid on the front of my phone on home screen and BANG cap melt's into the phone,sliding about,then KAPOOOWWWWWWWW ,pulled the cap out of phone,their heads were fried,oh I love this app,best one for me so far.
Anyone know the current status on Android version?
[quote]On Nov 21, 2014, Xpilot wrote:
Anyone know the current status on Android version? [/quote]

Not sure if that ever happened but search "Coin in Phone Magic (CIP)" for android. I have both (C2P) on IOS Iphone 5s and Ipad mini w/retina and I have (CIP) on a galaxy s4 and a galaxy note 8" tablet. I find the android (CIP) superior in a way. (the coin is marked or signed and you match it inside your phone). Use them both, love them both but have had better reactions overall from the android one (and I do have the full pro version of the IOS one) :-) hope this helps ya for now anyway.
Thanks for the info. What I want is the bill in phone so Coin in Phone (CIP) won't work- it only has the coin.
Absolutely love this thing! I have a mercury card index I use with it to pull out a card that the spectator names. Thanks for the great app!
Still one of my all-time favorite magic apps
My first iPhone magic app, and itís wonderful.
It certainly is one of the best magic apps!
I Love this app I have owned it I think about 2 years or longer now & I use is at much as I can I only use the playing cards but have seen some amazing work done with it